212 Washington Street
Jersey City, NJ 07302Neighborhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.satisbistro.com/
- Phone: (201) 435-5151
- Hours of Operation:
BRUNCH: Saturday + Sunday, 11:00am - 3:00pm
DINNER: Tuesday-Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm & Sunday, 5:00pm - 9:00pm
DINNER: Friday+Saturday, 5:00pm - 11:00pm
WINE BAR: Tuesday-Friday, 4pm-close and Saturday-Sunday, 12pm-close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Italian, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Michael Fiorianti
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Satis offers various catering menu options for events as small as family gatherings, or as large and sophisticated as corporate galas. Call Mike G. for more information at 201-435-5151.
- Private Party Facilities: Satis Bistro is approximately 2,500 square feet with two main dining rooms and seating for 75 people in total. The mezzanine dining area is perfect for smaller, more intimate affairs like birthdays or showers when less than 36 people are planned to be seated. Larger parties such as: weddings and fundraisers, require renting the entire restaurant which can be accommodated by request. There are an additional 25 seats at the wine bar, and 26 seats on the terrace for al fresco, seasonal dining. Outdoor seating for private events is only permitted when the entire restaurant is rented out. While Satis is typically closed Mondays and not open for lunch during the week, private parties and events can be arranged any day or time with advance notice.
- Private Party Contact: Michael G. 2014355151x
- Special Events: Satis Bistro regularly holds wine dinners, tasting events, cooking classes, etc! Friend us on facebook and be the first to learn about all our special events.
- Cross Street: Sussex Street
- Public Transit: Satis Bistro is conveniently located only five blocks from either the Exchange Place and/or Grove Street PATH Stations. The NJ Transit Hudson Lightrail Station at Essex Street is only four blocks away. The NY Waterway Ferry is also just two blocks away.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking only. However, there is a Central Parking garage in the Liberty Towers, at the corner of Morris & Greene (1 block southeast of Satis).
A word from Satis Bistro
Satis Bistro offers an eclectic European menu with several Italian, Spanish and French favorites among others. Satis is a casual dining establishment, open Tuesday-Sunday that offers wine and tapas bar in addition to a full menu. Also enjoy spacious outdoor seating seasonally on the terrace.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Satis Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (75)fit for foodies (65)great for outdoor dining (57)romantic (47)notable wine list (40)special occasion (39)great for brunch (29)good for groups (21)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (12)great for lunch (10)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Consistently terrific food and service2dineisdivineDined on 11/12/2014We live in the neighborhood and dine here off and on. The food and service have both been consistently very, very good. The three course prix fixe menu, offered Tuesday through Thursday, at $30, is always attractive. This time, we both had the mushroom soup and the short ribs. The soup was a little on the salty side for us, but that is probably due to the fact that we have been eating a very low-sodium diet lately. Otherwise, the flavor was delightful. The short ribs and spaetzle were so, so good. The ribs were falling apart tender and the spaetzle had a terrific taste and consistency. We opted to split a German Chocolate Cake Sundae for dessert, even though we were each entitled to our own. (The portion sizes were large, and we just didn't have room for a whole dessert each.) The sundae was heavenly!!! I'm not a huge dessert eater, but this I loved. We usually sit downstairs but this time we were upstairs. There was a party of ten right behind us and they were very loud. (I don't begrudge anyone lively discourse, I just prefer quieter dining.) To be fair, we should have asked for a table downstairs as soon as we saw the large party. We ended up eating quickly and leaving because we couldn't hear one another. We have never had that experience downstairs, so we will be sure to request downstairs seating in the future. I don't think there are any large tables on the ground floor, and the noise level is much more acceptable. The service, as always, was professional and efficient. Satis is a real neighborhood gem, and a restaurant we always look forward to returning to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/8/2014My first visit and I really enjoyed it. Funky ambiance that reminded me of The Cupping Room (one on my favorite NYC places). Lovely and diverse choices for brunch. Hard to choose. The mushroom soup was incredible. The grilled cheese sandwich was ooey, gooey and delish. The pancakes were the size of Frisbees and yummy. The pancetta side looked and tasted more like bacon but was still good. Service was a little off, with tables who were seated after us getting their dishes way before us. Not enough to turn me off. Great find in a great part of Jersey City and I'm looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- Always a favorite!AlexisDined on 11/7/2014We have been coming here for the last two years and are never disappointed. The food is always very good, and the service is fantastic. We usually like to try a new entree whenever we come, but there are some appetizer staples that we never veer from. The bacon wrapped dates are ridiculous and the chefs pairing of meats and cheeses is devine. The only thing that we have generally never been blown away by is dessert; nothing has ever been bad, but its also not a must have. Staff and management are always friendly and great, chances are you wouldn't ever have a bad dining experience here. We will certainly be back and will continue recommending Satis to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014absolutely one of the best places to have dinner in jersey citySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bravo!rayc1Dined on 11/5/2014I've been to Satis a number of times now. It's my "go to" place for great food and wine. Don't miss out on a great night... go here, you will love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but expensiveSoleVIPDined on 10/31/2014The place is nice, but the tables too close together. This makes the noise level too high! The food is good but pricy and yet the food is not better than other places near by, which have a better quality- price relationSpecial Features:
- dinner to catch up3murfsDined on 10/28/2014Met my son here to catch up. It has a lovely bar,interesting food, a price fix during the week and was perfect for us. Very enjoyable.Special Features:
- great experienceMTG215Dined on 10/26/2014Really great. Excellent food, great spot for a date. Our waiter was a delight, attentive without being overbearing. Fantastic cocktails.Special Features:
- Great placeRichDined on 10/26/2014We have been here for drinks in the afternoon but never came here for dinner. A pleasant surprise awaited us : great food, great service and a cool space to have dinner. Truly a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- The BestSusiefoodieDined on 10/26/2014Still my #1 favorite restaurant in Jersey City among strong contenders. Satis never fails to impress me with their seasonal menu and the impeccable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good at SatisLaraVIPDined on 10/24/2014Satis is always an enjoyable meal. Good food and good service in a relaxed local environment. Good to brunch and dinner alikeSpecial Features:
- Love this place- what a gemLoftgirlDined on 10/19/2014I just had brunch here and loved it. I need gluten free foods, and they had so many great options. This is the second time Ive eaten here and it will not be the last! I love this place and highly recommend it. Great waitstaff, servers, and bartender. Love it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014I dined here with my husband and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. The menu was broad (I had great trouble deciding) and I was impressed that the wine list offered a good range of wines in a fair price range and with half bottle options. Our waiter was knowledgable and friendly, if at times a little busy with a full dining room. We will definitely be back - possibly for a weekend brunch next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatALBWDined on 10/15/2014Keep going back again and again. Always satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/11/2014We are new to the area and had guests in town for the weekend. We decided to try Satis Bistro based on reviews. We were not disappointed in the least. The ambiance was spot on - not too dressy, but the food was fantastic and the wait staff was efficient without being fussy, as well as flexible on ordering/sharing/etc.Special Features:
- awesomesageDined on 9/27/2014Other than the salumi appetizer portion it was amazing. Best gnocchi and halibut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014This place is one of my favorite locations in Jersey City. The dining room is gorgeous and the outside seating is very comfortable. The food was great as usual. We ordered fried veges (which I thought were pan fried not deep fried so that was my mistake) but over all delicious with a great wine selection.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceLoftgirlDined on 9/20/2014It was my first visit to this neighborhood spot, but it will not be the last. I really enjoyed everything and had a great time. Wonderful and attentive service; great food. Loved it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Love this place.. One of my favorite restaurants in jersey citySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Snooty serversclodja1Dined on 9/13/2014I have eaten here at least 4 times, and even though the servers are all pleasant enough, I have found them to be a little snooty & aloof.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/12/2014Excellent place to have an amazing meal in Paalus Hook!Special Features:
- JCgirlDined on 9/11/2014Excellent food and service. The chicken with corn on the cob was really great! We brought guests who were staying with us from Germany and they loved what they ordered too!Special Features:
- Had a great time for my birthdaySabrinaVIPDined on 8/30/2014We had a great meal, good wine~ the only downside is that we had to get up to get the waiter and ask for bread and butter for the table since all the other tables had been brought it~ we loved the burata and heirloom tomatoes and three of us got the short ribs which are always amazing! Dessert...too die for- we shred three and all were deliciousSpecial Features:
- Summer dinnerLeeHDined on 8/21/2014Lovely dinner. We've eaten there several times before, and always outside, which is delightful. But outside was full, so we ate inside. Worried that it would be too noisy, but it was not, and at one point when the music got too loud, a nearby waiter turned it down immediately on our request. Food was terrific. The new veggie frito misto with aioli sauce was an outstanding appetizer, and the halibut was excellent as usual. I had the gnocchi, which was very good and cooked just right. Excellent service.Special Features:
- Foodie menuFoodie81VIPDined on 8/19/2014Great and friendly service. Great menu choices and delivery. A great neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely findAndyFtpDined on 8/10/2014I haven't been to Jersey City in about ten years and it seems my old favorites no longer exist. I found myself in the area and launched open table. My girlfriend and I decided that this place sounded good. We got there and found a great beer selection. Appetizers were light, healthy, and delicious. Our dinners came out prefect (halibut was especially good). We ate outside and I think there was a speaker unless it was someone in the neighborhood posting music. Either way I heard a few Mark Farina mushroom jazz tracks, so props for that too. Wait staff was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WastingfoodisasinVIPDined on 8/5/2014Tried during RW2014 Summer. Though I generally am not a big fan of corns, I enjoyed corn cob which was a side of buttermilk fried chicken. Interestingly picked German chocolate cake sundae again, but it was not phenomenon. Outdoor seating available. Be careful about mosquito.
- Needs ImprovementDinerVIPDined on 8/3/2014Upon entering the restaurant and providing our Open Table reservation, we were provided our menus to peruse and literally throughout the course of our dining experience, never saw the waiter again. The order was taken, no effort made to request any wine or alcoholic beverages and the fine service by the bus staff was undertaken, but no effort was made to inquire about how we were enjoying our experience or food was undertaken. Consequently, although our food items – chicken and pork chop and tomato salad and shrimp was delicious, our sub par service of,being ignored was unacceptable and disappointing . When inquiring about whether a manager on duty was present, a card was thrust our way to discuss further. Terribly disappointing.Special Features:
- SaltyIlovebeefVIPDined on 8/3/2014Came here for restaurant week, which may have affected the quality of their dishes. The meat and cheese plate was delicious, which is what they're known for. However, the short rib, hanger steak, along with the fries, were so incredibly salty. The waiter said it was because European dishes are normally saltier than American, but I don't think so. it was just too much salt!Special Features:
- BerkshireBoyDined on 8/3/2014The service was excellent. Attentive and anticipated drink refills, etc without hovering. We loved the house made charcuterie and the simplest dishes such as a warm tallegio cheese crostini were smartly prepared and elevated to something wonderful. We enjoyed the Hudson Restaurant week menu but will be back because the food was excellent and the regular menu looked great! Very nice wine program with a wide range of wines by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014We went in for the Hudson Restaurant week and were seatly promptly at our reservation time.We had the salad and Gaspacho soup to start it. The soup was flavorful. Moving on to the entrees, I had the Gnocci and my husband had the risotto. Both were really really delicious!! :) The best that I have had for a long time.For the dessert, we got the german cake with 2 gelatos, whipped cream and caramel sauce and the Panacotta with fruits. The german cake was good, but nothing to rave about.The panacotta was deliche yum yum yum. So soft and yet firm with the right texture, we loved the panacotta. We will be definitely returning again.It is a little pricy if you come on a regular night, but for special occasions or lunch, this is a great restaurantSpecial Features:
- Will Return!NicoleVIPDined on 8/3/2014Great spot for a casual or romantic meal. Tues, Weds, Thurs, Sun dinner $30 3 course menu includes some of their best dishes. Short rib was fantastic.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in Jersey CityCasualEaterDined on 8/3/2014Best restaurant in Jersey City hands down. Would recommend to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Took my parents and my friends here! Had a great time! Beautiful ambiance, cool waiter, and delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceJackmanDined on 8/2/2014The wait staff was extremely knowledgeable and made great recommendations based on specifications. They were all extremely friendly and polite and went above and beyond. And on top of all that, the food was phenomenal! Definitely going to Satis again.Special Features:
- Great FindnycfoodDined on 8/1/2014Tapas style, Mediterranean Food. Excellent and friendly service- servers made you feel like you were "part of the family". Great neighborhood spot. Food had above average flavor profile- innovative yet approachableSpecial Features:
- Excellent date night.foodienapDined on 7/31/2014Went to Satis is after hearing years of great reviews. Food and atmosphere was excellent and staff was friendly and attentive! Will def be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satis during restaurant week30thBirthdayDinnerDined on 7/30/2014We have been here several times and each time, the food and ambiance are amazing. The service is also typically excellent, although it was a bit slow this time due to the fact that it was restaurant week and there were more patrons than usual. The ricotta gnocchi was amazing as always, and their cheese and meat plate selection was also great. We tried dessert for the first time and we were not disappointed-- the gelato and zeppolis were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 422 reviews are from the Satis Bistro reviews archive.
- Good optionAndresvaagVIPDined on 7/25/2014Went with my girlfriend to have dinner last weekend, overall it was a good experience, from the beginning with the host until the end, food is good , ambience is great, not so noisy , perfect for couplesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodKatieVIPDined on 7/24/2014My husband and I went for dinner a few nights ago. The restaurant had recently changed the menu and we really wanted to try it. I had the head on shrimp with chorizo to start and my husband had a tomato salad. Both were excellent with very a flavorful sauce and dressing. We asked for more bread to dip. The lamb ribs with cherry sauce for dinner was just as good. My husband had gnocchi which he loved. Overall we love the new menu and highly recommend trying Satis Bistro.Special Features: