1730 S. 8th Street
Saint Louis, MO 63104Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sassyjacs.com/
- Phone: (314) 932-1280
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner:
Tuesday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00 (Kitchen) 11:00pm (Bar)
Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00 pm (Kitchen) 12:00am (Bar)
Closed Sundays & Mondays
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Southern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout
A word from Sassy Jac's
Sassy JAC's is a Southern Style- Husband and Wife run restaurant and bar! With Andrew's knowledge of the kitchen and Jennifer's knowledge of the bar and service side - Sassy Jac's Bar and Restaurant is bound to be your next hot spot!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sassy Jac's reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (4)great for lunch (1)romantic (1)Show More
- enjoyed our dinnerpaulajeanVIPDined on 9/2/2014The food was good. The turkey sandwich and burger were goodSpecial Features:
- Diamond in the roughLKA1Dined on 8/29/2014Went on line looking for places to go for dinner as we were on our way to the Cardinal game. Did not want to fight the crowds at Ballpark Village and heard the food was not good anyway. What a great decision we made. Sassy Jacks was fabulous....the tuna tacos were Delicious! Will definitely be going back...soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 10 reviews are from the Sassy Jac's reviews archive.
- Great dinner, but limited menuBigIDined on 7/25/2014Service and food prep was excellent, but the menu needs a bit more varietySpecial Features:
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Food was very good. Service good, but 1 person for entire place is not good. Felt bad if needed or wanted something although the server was very sweet & excellent at what she does. Very small place and on arrival it was packed and extremely noisy. Although it thinned out to nothing before we left. The only complaint is it had minimal if any a/c and it was muggy & way too warm inside. Hot outside and expected to cool down but was quite the opposite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite place!MamaPiaDined on 7/1/2014Sassy Jacs checks all my boxes... Great food simple menu... Cozy dining area ... No one breathing down your neck while people standing and watching you eat waiting for your table!! I would like to see a few other choices on the appetizer menu, even though everything I had was delicious. I would also look at dish-ware. It seemed odd that at dinner, depending on what you order sone items were plated and some where in plastic baskets. Go one way or the other, not both.Special Features:
- SassytersDined on 6/27/2014Sassy Jacs was everything I hoped it would be. The Crayfish Fritters and Garlic Fries were SOOOO good. We all loved our entrees...Tuna Tacos, Blackened Grouper, and (oh, yum!) th Surf and Swine. Even the burgers were really good. Must go back, SOON!Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/14/2014Fun little neighborhood "joint" Good fried pickle spears. Outstanding tuna tacos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a Great meal. Our friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2014We had a Great meal. Our friends loved the chicken wings - they were bigger than the normal size and had a "kick". It's a quaint place with nice character. A little noisy. Only 1 server who was also our bartender who did a great job. It was busy, so service was a little slow but we were not in a hurry. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedFoodieDined on 1/3/2014Sassy Jacs is a small bar style restaurant. Starting with the drinks... Most beers are $5. I saw they offered the Altos Malbec. I asked the server the price of a glass and she said $8. Whoa! That bottle only costs $9. 3/4 people at our table ordered the blackened tuna tacos. We were told that they were out if tuna and that they would substitute grouper for a $2 up charge. Grouper is a less expensive fish, how does that make sense? Not to mention the tacos were just ok. Looks like they are trying to have a Cajun flare but lack the flavor, and the service.
- Dinner for four2STLdinersDined on 12/31/2013Made our reservation for four for dinner but probably didnt need to as we ended up bei g the only diners. We obviously were attended to well as we were the only ones there. The appetizers we had were fried pickles which come out as full spears and were delicious, along with a second appetizer of chicken wings that were seasoned a little differently than i am accustomed in St Louis. The entrees. Themselves were all very good according to my fellow diners. Fish tacos. Monte Cristo. Angus burger and grouper were what was ordered and everyone was very satisfied with portion size and flavor. We were told that they make a lot of their own condiments and we could tell, very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!stlgerryDined on 12/20/2013Been to Sassy Jac's a couple of times and it's always great. Wait staff is very friendly and the chef always visits our table to say hi and ensure everything is OK. He always has some unique surprises on the menu. Highly recommended and we'll definitely come back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sassy Jac's: not ordinary bar foodbogsisDined on 8/17/2013Just a nice small corner bar and grill,sort of. The food was not typical bar food. Chips were the best I have ever had. Served warm in a big bowl with salsa and blue cheese dressing put them together. YUM My husband had tongue sandwich. Loved it. Mom had a flatbread but it was not what she expected. Thought she was getting a flat bread pizza but it was a salad served on a flatbread, but it was still tasty. I had pasta that was very good. The best part about the place was the staff and the regular sitting at the bar that chatted with us. Even if the food had not been as great as it was, we would come back just to enjoy the place. Parking is a bit of a challenge if Soulard Market is open or wedding at church next door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.