10455 E Pinnacle Peak Pkwy
(Not Pinnacle Peak Road)
Scottsdale, AZ 85255Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sassi.biz/
- Phone: 4805029095x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Tuesday - Saturday: Restaurant opens for dinner at 5:30pm
Bar opens at 5:00pm
HAPPY HOUR IN THE BAR TUESDAY THROUGH THURSDAY 5-7PM : $7 ANTIPASTI ITEMS,$7 WINES BY THE GLASS AND $7 WELL BRAND COCKTAILS
CLOSED SUNDAYS & MONDAYS!!!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Chris Nicosia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer limited off premise catering by special arrangement. Call for details. 480-502-3335
- Entertainment: In the lounge:
Renee Patrick 6:00-9:30pm FRIDAY
Rich Howard 6:00-9:30 SATURDAY
A word from SASSI
Sassi is Scottsdale's nationally known destination for fine Italian dining, wine and special events. Located at the base of Pinnacle Peak. Sassi offers rustic, artisan style cuisine inspired by small towns in southern Italy. Sassi's villa style architecture, comfortable surroundings and rustic elegance are the perfect setting for a romantic dinner for two or a company event or wedding for up to 150 guests. Dine in one of four main dining rooms or on the patio (weather permitting), or reserve the private wine cellar for up to 14. Sassi features more than reasonably priced 150 wines from Italy and California to complement Sassi's flavorful cuisine. We purchase from numerous small farmers, Niman Ranch and other organic and natural farmers and producers. www.sassi.bizContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
SASSI - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
SASSI reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (92)romantic (88)scenic view (81)fit for foodies (72)great for outdoor dining (64)notable wine list (64)neighborhood gem (43)good for groups (37)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Overall a very good dinning experience. Service and outdoor ambiance was outstanding. My wife loved her veal. My halibut was good but a little on the dry side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/26/2014My Swetheart and I had a fabulous evening at Sassi's recently. Everything was just about as perfect as it gets. The food was excellent. We had the eggplant appetizer (I could make a meal on that alone), a salad (fresh and interesting), the corn ravioli (light, buttery, tender, sweet corn), the halibut (delicious, moist, excellent sauce w/ black mushrooms) and a cooked to perfection bone in pork chop that my mate raved about. The view of the sunset was lovely, the weather was perfect, Tom, our waiter and his assistants, were friendly, adept, knowlegable about the food, personable. The entire evening was absolutely exquisite. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Tom and Val took excellent care of us. We were on vacation and thoroughly enjoyed our evening. Valet was very attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice EveningFtnhlsDined on 10/25/2014Sassi has a great location and an excellent bar and bar tender, piano player was excellent as well. Ambience is everything you could ask for. Following a visit to the bar, our table was perfect, set against an open window to patio diners with views beyond. Let's face it, that part of N. Scottsdale is pretty sweet with views to match! Food was excellent though service was a bit uncoordinated. I suspect that someone of the trio was "new".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything We Hoped ForSensFan61Dined on 10/25/2014Exactly as advertised! Excellent food, attentive and knowledgeable wait staff. Beautiful, romantic decor especially pretty at night. The only caution is to be careful if relying on a GPS for direction. There are 2 Pinnacle Peak roads and a GPS will send you to the wrong one which leaves you about 10 minutes from the destination. Apparently, this is a common occurrence as stated by Sassi staff were very understanding of our delay in arriving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!jimsyDined on 10/25/2014My wife and I dined at Sassi to celebrate our 18th Wedding Anniversary. We wanted to do something special. The entire experience was outstanding. Due to its location, Sassi has some very stunning views of the nearby mountains. The grounds are meticulously groomed. The décor on the inside and outside seating areas was exquisite. We were shown to a nice semi-private table for two in a quiet room. A live piano player/singer could be heard in the background which was very soothing. The wait staff is very well trained, mannerly and attended to your every need. Food was outstanding. If you're looking for a great place to celebrate a special occasion or just a romantic get away for an evening it's the spot. We will definitely be returningSpecial Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014We had an awesome dinner. Loved the experience. The food and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absoloutely FantasticKarenVIPDined on 10/24/2014Always a great evening. All four of us had great meal and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Always amazingtravel2dineVIPDined on 10/19/2014Sassi keeps a record of your visits so they know what you like to eat and always save your preferred table. The wine list includes a few of the California wines we prefer. The chef is sometimes adventurous and always amazing. Recently, portion sizes seem larger so we have a second or third meal from a visit. The valet parking is appreciated and the service at table is professional and stable over time. Management always visits to verify a fine time was had. Last, the desserts are like none other. Simply amazing.Special Features:
- Beautiful Evening!DogulaVIPDined on 10/19/2014We were celebrating my birthday and anniversary (yes, same day), and what better way to celebrate than at our favorite restaurant. The food was outstanding as usual, everything cooked to perfection. We sat on the patio and it was absolutely a beautiful evening. Although there was a hint of a storm coming, it never happened. Our waiter was new, his 2nd day he said, and he seemed very unorganized. We had to flag him down after waiting over 30 minutes for him to come around after we had already finished our wine and dinner. I don't know what the problem was as he only had 3 tables. Definitely not up to Sassi's high standards and usually flawless service. However we didn't let our waiter's ineptness spoil our beautiful dinner and celebration.Special Features:
- Great Food with a ViewTravelinMan26VIPDined on 10/19/2014Wonderful service and food presentation. Outdoor dining with views of Pinnacle Peak. Great for a romantic dinner. Great wine list.Special Features:
- The yin and yanghamboneVIPDined on 10/18/2014This is a beautiful restaurant with great food. It has all the bones for a great dining spot. However the night we dined our service was notably poor. At one point my date had to get up from the table to get a wine chiller when it did not arrive for five minutes after it was requested. More on the wine, halfway through dinner we realized the wine we were drinking was not what we ordered! Fortunately it was delicious and went well with our meal. Another note on the wine, the first bottle we ordered they were out of. This we found out five minutes after we ordered it. This is something the waitress should have known immediately.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Excellent food, excellent company, excellent service... excellent time!Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Everything was wonderful and Tom our waiter was very knowledge on menu and wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CriticalReviewersVIPDined on 10/16/2014Six of us ha a delightful evening at Sassi. Most of the food was good, including the outstanding octopus appetizer dish. But unfortunately my husband and I both ordered the osso buco. Both servings were so tough and chewy that I finally gave up and left it over. Had we not been with other people we would have sent them back, but didn't want to interrupt the flow of the dinner. Sassi is such a beautiful restaurant, but that can't compensate for inedible food.Special Features:
- Perfect food. Outstanding !Rio55Dined on 10/14/2014Great food , perfect service , nice outdoor seating this oct evening ,,. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningMimi27AZDined on 10/12/2014Celebrated my husband's birthday with friends and family. Our party of eight had a fabulous time - great cocktails from the bar, beautiful sunset, comfortable outdoor table and waiter Tom who had great food suggestions for our group. They have a very good wine list although we didn't venture from the chianti they featured. Tried several appetizers but the octopus appetizer was a special favorite as well as the sweet corn ravioli which was the pasta dish we shared. Variety of entrees gnocci, veal, shrimp, fish - all got excellent reviews!! If you haven't tried it you're missing something special in the Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first anniversaryyellowmusicpaperDined on 10/12/2014It was our 1st anniversary and I wanted to be special. We found Sassi through AZFoothill and the whole experience was very enjoyable. Food was good, although it was pricey, our server Tony was very nice. The ambient was very romantic and the wedding! There was a wedding and it was gorgeous to look at. I will definitely come later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerJustinDined on 10/11/2014Literally everything was perfect from start to finish. The setting is of the best in Arizona and patio was perfect this time of year(october). Our Server Tony was spot on with recommendations, timing and wine. The Som even went out of the way pick us a killer second bottle. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone and will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SASSIALISSADined on 10/11/2014The atmosphere was beautiful and the food really good. Our server was SO FRIENDLY. It is a beautiful restaurant with unique selections. The only thing disappointing was you could only buy the rib-eye as a single plate. You have to buy it for 2 (even though it was sliced) so not sure why you could not be able to buy for 1 portion . Luckily, my friend wanted to share the steak with me otherwise I would have had to pick something else since it was pricey for 1 portion of meat, $85.00. Also, you both then have to have it cooked the same way. The only other recommendation I would have is that there would be flavored vodkas in the bar. I did not think the drink selection was very good.Special Features:
- Great SpecialsBarberDined on 10/11/2014Chief Chris always has unique and intriguing specials that will keep us coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Awesome dining experienceOrlandDined on 10/9/2014Awesome dining experience yes we will be back. We drove one hour to enjoy this restarantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance to sparemwneilDined on 10/7/2014Beautiful restarurant with good service and excellent appetizers with a limited selection of main courses. Great wine list.Special Features:
- Service was pushedAzgmanDined on 10/4/2014Went for a romantic anniversary dinner. The server who had too many tables pushed us to make choices and even brought main course before finishing the appetizer! Food was very good but service ruined the ambiance and our romantic, relaxing evening!!Special Features:
- 50th anniversary celebrationlorie828Dined on 10/3/2014We booked Sassi's private dining room for 8 people and from beginning to end the experience was outstanding -- great ambiance, nice privacy, beautiful decor, wonderful service, and delicious food. We brought in our own cake (they charge a modest cake-cutting fee per person) and balloons and gifts. So many private dining rooms are large, which doesn't work when you have a small group. We all had a wonderful evening and I would highly recommend Sassi for any special occasion. My one criticism was that I emailed several times to find out more information and no one ever emailed me back or called. When I called in the person I spoke to to initially book the event was rather impatient (probably because our party was small).Special Features:
- Like Being in ItalyCuyahogaJanVIPDined on 10/2/2014This was our second time to Sassi. It is so beautiful and relaxing and the food is excellent. We tried grilled octopus and it was very tasty. Sitting outside is like being in Italy. This is our favorite Phoenix restaurant by far!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A WinnerFussyDined on 10/1/2014Our first time and can't wait to go back. The place is gorgeous, food wonderful, and outstanding service.Special Features:
- A perfect evening @ SassiFoodloverDined on 10/1/2014This restaurant is a perfect place to celebrate a special occasion. It's beautiful & the food is wonderful, although a little pricey. The wait staff was attentive without hovering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Menu - Same DishesOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/27/2014When Sassi opened they were unique in offering true Italian cuisine and a great Italian wine list. Over the years we have experienced the slow decline. The menu on Saturday was "new". By new Sassi must mean that they printed up new menus with the same old dishes. The choices on the menu are quite limited and they have not changed over the years. The pasta, although "home made", was overcooked. The greens in my pasta dish were bitter. The drinks came from the bar and were quite watered down by the time that they arrived.
- Simply greatBillydDined on 9/24/2014The food and service were , as always , great. Sassi is easy, as in quick seating, quick service such as drinks, etc and elegant delicious dinning. A pleasure to be there.Special Features:
- Gem at the PeakDLL99Dined on 9/24/2014Every time I go to Sassi, it is consistently Excellent and really a shining star in the Valley's food world....I wish I could stay there and have them make all my meals. The best Mozzarella in the World.....Winelist, Food layered with flavor but simply made... and the service Ask for Krista...she and her support team were wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't have been better!!livetueatDined on 9/23/2014A perfect, romantic evening. Wonderful ambiance. The antipasti (Insalata Misticanza), Grilled wild shrimp, and Halibut were all outstanding. Our server, Sarah, was informative, friendly and knowledgeable. Third visit from Chicago and it gets better each time. My favorite restaurant, PERIOD!lSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so great new menuRRyanDined on 9/20/2014Been to Sassi's many times and it was always exceptional. They have recently changed their menu and not for the better. It was very limited, with only 2 salad choices, no steak entree and seafood choices consisting of just shrimp or halibut. Two of us ordered the halibut, which was flat, dry and unimaginative. Two ordered the pork chop, and both servings were overcooked. The short rib gnocchi was served in a casserole dish and very thick and pasty. Our server was not very attentive nor helpful. I politely mentioned that we were not especially pleased with the fish. She returned and said the chef would like to buy the table dessert. They provided ONE dessert for the entire party of 4. Sorry to say we will not be returning very soon.
- Awesome dining in the mountainsDeanFoodieDined on 9/19/2014We dined here for the first time on vacation and it was wonderful. The food was delicious and the service was very good. Excellent patio dining. Next time we visit we'll schedule dinner to see the sun set as it has nice views of Pennical Peak.Special Features:
- Warmed over steakmcz1Dined on 9/19/2014Lovely evening, sat outside. The overpriced grilled pork chop was old and warmed over. Served cold. The brussel sprouts were burned, tough and bitterSpecial Features:
- hopeVIPDined on 9/19/2014We were surprised that we didn't get Happy Hour prices on cocktails in the bar ar 5pm even though the Open Table website indicates there is Happy Hour June-September . To my knowledge Sept 19 is still SEPTEMBER. When I called the gal didn't seem to concerned that the menus changed yesterday……….. What restitution can we expect? We were there on We 9/17 and had happy hour cocktails and summer menu…….and the returned 2 days later and did not have any of the same experience.
- DisappointingrowerVIPDined on 9/18/2014Our favorite Scottsdale restaurant seems to have gone downhill. We hope it was just a slow night and not a sign that the restaurant is in trouble. We hope the experienced wait staff will return and restore the ambiance.Special Features:
- CherylDined on 9/13/2014Everything was beyond excellent! The food, the service, the ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLocalVIPDined on 9/5/2014Always a wonderful experience -- food is exceptional, great wine list, impeccable service. Dinner at Sassi is always a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly excellentRossDined on 8/30/2014This was our third time celebrating our wedding anniversary at Sassi. Each evening was full of great food, excellent service, wonderful wines, all in a classy atmosphere. We've flown there from Seattle each year because of their quality.Special Features: