10455 E Pinnacle Peak Pkwy
(Not Pinnacle Peak Road)
Scottsdale, AZ 85255Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sassi.biz/
- Phone: 4805029095x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Tuesday - Saturday: Restaurant opens for dinner at 5:30pm
Bar opens at 5:00pm
HAPPY HOUR IN THE BAR TUESDAY THROUGH SATURDAY ALL NIGHT : $7 ANTIPASTI ITEMS,$7 WINES BY THE GLASS AND $7 WELL BRAND COCKTAILS
CLOSED SUNDAYS & MONDAYS!!!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Chris Nicosia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer limited off premise catering by special arrangement. Call for details. 480-502-3335
- Entertainment: No entertainment for the summer.
A word from SASSI
Sassi is Scottsdale's nationally known destination for fine Italian dining, wine and special events. Located at the base of Pinnacle Peak. Sassi offers rustic, artisan style cuisine inspired by small towns in southern Italy. Sassi's villa style architecture, comfortable surroundings and rustic elegance are the perfect setting for a romantic dinner for two or a company event or wedding for up to 150 guests. Dine in one of four main dining rooms or on the patio (weather permitting), or reserve the private wine cellar for up to 14. Sassi features more than reasonably priced 150 wines from Italy and California to complement Sassi's flavorful cuisine. We purchase from numerous small farmers, Niman Ranch and other organic and natural farmers and producers. www.sassi.bizContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
SASSI - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
SASSI reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (101)romantic (100)scenic view (92)great for outdoor dining (77)fit for foodies (71)notable wine list (71)neighborhood gem (44)good for groups (40)great for brunch (12)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (9)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (6)Show More
- Wow! Perfect Evening DinnerAZBobVIPDined on 8/23/2014The food was delicious in the most beautiful restaurant in the Phoenix area. Anthony, our waiter, was a true professional who provided us with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise in the FoothillsJScottsVIPDined on 8/16/2014We'd been wanting to try Sassi up in Troon for quite a while. Not only was the environment surprisingly unique, but the food and service were both amazingly good. We will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- A memorable 25th anniversary!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014We had a wonderful time at SASSI! My wife and I went here to celebrate our 25th anniversary. Our experience couldn't have been better. Our server Tom was knowledgable and enthusiastic about the menu. His recommendations were spot on! The food was incredible! My wife and I couldn't remember a more enjoyable meal. If you are looking for a romantic restaurant for a special occasion, SASSI is the place!Special Features:
- Food is not greatHansDined on 8/15/2014I visited Italia quite often and the food in Ssasi wasn't there. The food itself is not great compare to the price. Even the manager just disappear when I complain about the food. They seem to not bothering about complain. The restourant building and environment itself is great. If you love to be some place looks expensive besides the food quality, this restourant is yours.Special Features:
- JJ34Dined on 8/12/2014We chose Sassi to celebrate our anniversary for the outstanding ambience and were not disappointed. From the complimentary Prosecco to the splendid Cannoli dessert, our server was outstanding. The kitchen, however, fell a bit short of our other evenings at Sassi. The Carpaccio was superb; the taste of the fresh Corn Ravioli was also superb but the some of the ravioli's were just a touch doughy and not quite done. My wife raved about the Salmon entree but my Filet did not quite meet the mark. It was prepared exactly the way I asked but there was a bit of gristle in the meat and the accompanying "sauce/side" was too vinegary and the baby carrot was nearly raw. One kitchen faux pas won't keep us away though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambianceDinerInDisguiseDined on 8/9/2014We have vacationed in this area for 12 years and this was our first visit to Sassi. We were originally alone seated in a large room without table clothes. Then a table came available in the next room which was a little more lively. We were greeted by our waiter and ordered an appetizer that never came. Our white wine was not chilled to my liking and after several minutes was finally ok to drink. The caprese salad was Fabulous! Best I've had in several Italian dining experiences in a while. The pasta dish was very pleasing and good size. Desert was just right for the three of us to split. Overall service was little slow but the evening was nice. I would definitely order the special imported mozzarella caprese salad again. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/9/2014We love our waiter there and we love the food! My only complaint is that the summer special deals are really not a great deal…it is great food, but for the quantity it feels overpriced. We will keep returning, but will just order less..it adds up quickly there. The main dishes are very small but yet expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014attentive service. great food. beautiful surroundings. can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an outstanding experienceConradDined on 8/6/2014Reminiscent of a leisurely European dining experience, unhurried, excellent waiter who seemed to sense the level of attention we were looking for, was attentive, yet unobtrusive, and we never felt rushed. Excellent tuscan feel, atmosphere and food. An outstanding experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Am I in Tuscany or Scottsdale?littleoneVIPDined on 7/31/2014The ambience, and décor are drop dead gorgeous - and can make one think that you are dining in the beautiful hills of Tuscany. The food is always very well prepared and presented! - We do however prefer the Fall- Winter Menu over the current Summer menu! We go to Sassi 6 or 7 times a year and often take out of town guest so they can be equally as "wowed" with our neighborhood gem! This last visit found us disappointed with our server -he seemed detached and not very focused on us. He failed to explain the Summer Special Menu - nor did he return to the table to see if we wanted fresh ground pepper or parmesan on our pasta dishes (which were both excellent). This was an anomaly; as we have generally enjoyed excellent service at Sassi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 48th Wedding Anniversary at SassiOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/30/2014Wonderful intimate celebration! We opted for the Summer Three Course Menu which included Jumbo Wild Shrimp prepared in lobster butter served over chickpea puree with spicy tomatoes and a hint of mint. We added the Wood Grilled Octopus and finished with the Spumoni Budino which is a heavenly paring of pistachio custard, cherry panna cotta, rum sauce, and chocolate shavings! Fabulous service and ambiance.Special Features:
- GPfromPhoenixDined on 7/26/2014We have had great dining experiences at Sassi previously, and returned with friends who had not been there before. Despite advance reservations we were seated at a table in a less desirable room, on top of another table, when there were other tables open. We should have asked for another table but did not. Server was very pleasant, but we were served incorrect appetizers from what we ordered. After they were sent back they were brought out a second time..... The overall service was not up to the standards from our prior visits. As always, the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Top Notch in all aspectsBobbyDVIPDined on 7/26/2014Consistently one of our favorite spots in the Valley for ambience, location, food quality/preperation, and menu. Our only complaint is that the last two times we've dined, we feel like we got a little conned by the server in ordering and paying for something we didn't think we did. To hard to explain here, but neededless to say we need to really pay attention to what is being asked of us and what that means to us. Twice fooled, shame on us.Special Features:
- Summer Menuwygfo5Dined on 7/23/2014We vacation in this area every summer, and were delighted to see the Summer 'set menu', which we tried earlier this week. The quality of the food was exceptionally high, and we both can't wait to get back there before our vacation comes to an end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014It was our first time at SASSI, and we were celebrating our 16th anniversary. The food was outstanding! The ambiance was just as nice. From the bread to the antipasta to the salmon and filet - the quality was terrific. And the cannolis for desert were some of the best I have had. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Summer at SassiFoodiesDined on 7/19/2014Much smaller menu in summer......disappointing. We did not care for our waiter and the service was not as good as normallyffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnificent!!KateVIPDined on 7/19/2014We love Sassi for its ambiance and upscale dining experience. From its beautiful Spanish decor to its wonderful menu to its breath-taking views, Sassi is one of our favorites in Scottsdale. We would choose this restaurant over any other for special occasions. Also noted for their Happy Hour wines and small plates.Special Features:
- Special restaurantdmm44Dined on 7/17/2014Been to Sassi several times. An Italian Villa set high in the hills above Scottsdale. Several elegant, dining rooms and views out to the beautifully landscaped grounds make this dining experience all the more special. Staff is professional and knowledgeable. Make this your "special" occasion destination.Special Features:
- great foodOpenTableBDFVIPDined on 7/16/2014we are regulars and love the food. A bit disappointed that we were seated in a side room and not in the front room with wonderful views of Pinnacle Peak. Next time I ask for the better seats
- Great for romantic situations.cdavis1962Dined on 7/12/2014The drive alone makes you feel as if you're getting away from it all. The ambience, the food, the service all 5 stars. You can forget about the troubles of life and enjoy the sweet taste of opulence. This place is a treat. So go ahead, you deserve it. Treat yourself and someone special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience, Romantic DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Went to SASSI for my 1 year annicersary. Amazing atmosphere the staff was all aware of the anniversary and accommodated us nicely. Enjoyed a bottle of wine suggested from the server and has the 3 course summer meal. A nice experience for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try summer menuRickMDined on 7/12/2014Sassi has a real bargain summer menu and half price wines.Special Features:
- See belowOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014Absolutely wonderful! The food is outstanding and the staff is wonderful, thank you very muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sassi is still Sassy!Josie1954Dined on 7/10/2014I first had the pleasure of dining at Sassi on opening night, Feb. 14, 2004. It was fabulous then but even more fabulous as the years go by. I have had the pleasure of surprising friends over the last decade by introducing them to Sassi. Always a perfect meal, and we never want to leave. We wish we could LIVE at Sassi.Special Features:
- Still outstanding!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/8/2014Haven't been here in a few years and was thrilled to see Sassi was still open for my husband's birthday dinner. It has been one of my favorite restaurants in the Valley and even after a few years, it was still outstanding in every way. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great occasional diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Sassi is elegantly done right. The ambiance is up scale, traditional and feels like a vineyard in the wine country. The food was excellent and the service was bar none superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed with waiter and serviceERK33Dined on 6/28/2014We appreciated the way the waiter explained the menu and made suggestions. The presentation was terrific and the food was truly enjoyable. We also appreciated the follow-up call from Sassi asking how we enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvitDined on 6/27/2014Another GREAT experience at Sassi. A true gem in the desert.Special Features:
- CiaBellaCiaBellaVIPDined on 6/27/2014We had a wonderful and relaxing time while dining at Sassi. The decor and view are beautiful. Service was great and food was delicious. Had an enjoyable evening and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great summer optiontheroseDined on 6/19/2014Sassi is always wonderful - but as a summer option in Scottsdale it is outstanding. A three course menu considers the heat and is affordable and delicious. There are currently wine specials that were not to be turned down. The sunset view of Pikes Peak is worth sitting on the patio and the misters keep you cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sassi DinerSassiDinerDined on 6/17/2014Summer fixed-price menu is a lovely choice. Service was excellent. Great place for a special summer evening.Special Features:
- Had a great dinnerPeoriaDinerDined on 6/14/2014Great pasta, delicious salmon and a very extensive Italian wine list. Will come back for sure.Special Features:
- Fantastic Dinner!Chicago2014Dined on 6/14/2014Every time we have eaten at Sassi, we have never been disappointed. We had an early dinner with our two younger children (who are well behaved in restaurants) and we all loved our dinners. The caprese salad with the heirloom tomatoes as well as the beef carpaccio and the prosciutto are all fantastic appetizers. My husband had the filet and said it was one of the best filet steaks he has had in a long time (and we are from Chicago, so pretty picky about a good quality steak). Our waiter was fantastic and provided prompt and great customer service. The chef also made some wonderful small portions of pasta with some cheese for the boys which they totally enjoyed. We highly recommend!Special Features:
- it wss okbriang41262Dined on 6/14/2014I wss expecting more it wasnt worth the money. The restaurant was gourgeous. But we had to wait at times to get our order taken and also to recieve our bill. Note our waiter only had one other rable at the time so it wasnt that busySpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014I have wanted to experience Sassi for a long time and when I finally did get to go it was with special friends I had not seen for a while. We had a lot to talk about and the atmosphere and service was a perfect to enjoy a memorable evening together. It was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- evening at SassiGeeGeeDined on 6/12/2014Once again we had a lovely experience at Sassi. The food was outstanding as usual. Service was a little bumpy at first but smoothed out over the evening. Sassi remains one of my two favorites in the Scottsdale area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TwoPeasInAPodDined on 6/10/2014SASSI was a long drive for Italian food. I am not sure what I was expecting but I found the seasonings a bit over powering. But then I am not a great lover of Italian food. My wife enjoyed her meal, which is good, since I went there for her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- live2eatDined on 6/10/2014We had eaten there three times before and loved the menu choices. Our grandchildren asked when they could go back for the gnocchi. This time the menu had changed but the food was still terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantbambiDined on 6/7/2014We had a romantic evening. My only critique is that the young servers need more expertise in how to professionally take care of customers. Come around to the man when taking the order, not shout across the table, and be more reserved and quiet in their approach. The gentleman (Italian) seemed to be more professional, but I assume he had more training. Other than that the food was great and we had a nice evening. We had come from out of town, since we live in Tucson, and went years ago, and I don't believe the experience was great, but this return visit was fine, so don't worry, we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in Scottsdale!luv2eatitalianfoodVIPDined on 6/7/2014I have eaten at Sassi several times and it never disappoints. The food is consistantly outstanding. One of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.