13311 Yonge St.
Richmond Hill, ON L4E 3L6Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sarparestaurant.com/sarpa.htm
- Phone: 9057732188
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary European
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Sarpa Restaurant
Recently opened, Sarpa is the latest venture from the owners of Terra in Thornhill.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Sarpa Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Richmond Hill ›
Sarpa Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)special occasion (15)fit for foodies (13)romantic (13)notable wine list (11)good for groups (10)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great placeBarbaraarleneDined on 10/18/2014love the fact I don't have to drive downtown to find a good restaurantSpecial Features:
- AnxiousGFoodieVIPDined on 10/5/2014I live near the restaurant and love the food at Sarpa. I think it's the best Italian food you can get in the Oak Ridges Moraine area. What worries me when I go there is the time it takes for them to serve the food. I've been there when appetizers come out 5 minutes after you order and the main quickly after you finish the appetizer. I've also been there when the appetizer takes almost an hour to come out since sitting down and ordering and the main taking a long time after the appetizer is done. The lengthy time it takes for dishes to come out works well when I'm with a client and we have a lot to talk about. However, it is a pain when I'm just there to eat with my family (we eat out almost every day for dinner) and then go back home.Special Features:
- My latest visit!Dashik18Dined on 9/5/2014This is my 5 or 6 visit to Sarpa. It is one of my favourite restaurants in the city and recommended it to all my friends. However, I got very disappointed my last visit. Service was wonderful as always, but food quality significantly declined. The menu changed since my last visit and my favourite items were removed. I'm not sure if they changed chef but if I ever go back it most definitely won't be for food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SanmanDined on 8/30/2014Beautiful Restaurant. Have been to sister restaurant Terra many times(amazing)the food is slightly different. The price is rather high for portions served and as poetic as they are written down on the menu, they don't quite match the price. I ordered a pan fried gnocchi which seemed more like an appetizer than a main. Veal Milanese was nothing more than a over fried dried out veal with French fries and a few sprigs of arucola....not impressive. Maybe I went on a bad night, although it was Saturday long weekend. If your going to drop $150 for dinner, it's gotta be memorable in a good waySpecial Features:
- Very good but expensivetonyDined on 8/21/2014Food and service were first class but prices were high, especially for a suburban restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InternationaltravellerDined on 8/18/2014Having been to Terra several times we decided to drive a little further to Sarpa, we are glad we did. Good menu that had several items we would like to try so making up our minds was not easy.. Once the food was served, we knew our choices were good, excellent and our waitress was pleasant, knowledgable and patient. For our first time visit we were glad we decided to try Sarpa and we will definitely be back to try some more of their excellent choices on the menu.Special Features:
- Overall greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Ostrich fan is amazing. Steak wasn't medium rare as requested, but the rest of the plate, and everything else was fantastic. Only major complaint, smoking customers right beside where we were eating.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2014We've been to Sarpa several times. Our meal this past week was exquisite. The veal chop was cooked to perfection. My wife raved about the gnocchi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IlikeitalotDined on 6/27/2014Good food,attentive service,pleasant ambience,very enjoyable eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 218 reviews are from the Sarpa Restaurant reviews archive.
- 2xBarbaraarleneDined on 6/20/2014I went to this restaurant when it first opened and it was so busy ou could not walk around. The bar was full and very noisy. The food was not great and they got my order and a few other orders wrong. We were 10 of us. I finally went back on a Friday night and it was half full. Bar area empty. However, it was still noisy as hec but my food was delicious. I would try it again considering its very close to home and this last visit my meal was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous meal!PaulWDined on 6/17/2014I had a great grilled branzino fish meal, as recommended by or server. In addition, the suggested wines were excellent. It was my 5th or 6th time at Sarpa and, in my opinion, it has surpassed Terra in terms of quality and service. Great spot!Special Features:
- Excellent service and foodFFTTDined on 6/10/2014Service is excellent and foods are great too. Although they don't have kids menu, they can custom make the portion for the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Faster service would be niceLovetodineDined on 6/7/2014We were seated right at reservation time. Food was good but pricy. Service was really slow. Waited close to 90 min to get main entrees and then one dish was under cooked and taken back to kitchen which ruined it for our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all around!Sal01Dined on 6/7/2014We went early on a Saturday as we had small children. Everything was amazing, the food and especially the service. They went out of their way to accommodate us. The fish was fresh, the wild boar ragu pasta was a hit all around. We have been many times and Sarpa never disappoints. We never miss a chance for the flourless chocolate torte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutJoePDined on 5/30/2014Great food. Great wine list. Great Service. Great ambiance. Nothing bad to say here. A special thanks to Frank the bartender for the drinks as well to top it all off. My girlfriend and I had a blast. We'll be coming again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best I've found so farmotormaniacDined on 5/26/2014Friendly staff, delicious foods. Well worth the money! Definitely will come back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and great serviceBeaTam22Dined on 5/17/2014I chose this restaurant for my birthday as I have been a fan of Terra's. Glad I did... Everyone agreed the food was wonderful. I had grilled sea scallops for app, penne a la vodka for main, and warm chocolate cake with gelato. Cappuccino was nice and foamy. Everything else tried a different dessert and no one wanted to share!! My sister and her boyfriend came from downtown and were impressed by the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consisently delicious foodloveagreatmealDined on 5/17/2014Sarpa is always such a pleasant dining experience. The food is always delicious and the service is outstanding. We will continue to choose this restaurant for dinner and special occasions. Kudos to everyone at Sarpa for maintaining high standards.Special Features:
- ok but not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014food was ok, not great, service was adequate but not worth the $250 for table of 4 four dinner. Music was too loud, pasta choices need to be spruced up overall was just ok not sure I would return.
- Great food, ambience and servicezufabDined on 5/11/2014Mothers day is a busy day but even so the service was wonderful and the food was of excellent quality though we found the appetizer menu to be somewhat limited.Special Features:
- Always a wonderful experiencedrchuck72Dined on 5/11/2014I know, I put that it is both romantic and kid friendly. It seems like a bit of a paradox but I've been there with my kids (they love it!) and I've had romantic, intimate dinners with my wife as well. They can cater your experience to either. As for the restaurant itself, the food is excellent. Top quality ingredients with great flavor and wonderful presentation while not skimping on quantity. I've never had a bad meal at Sarpa. The service is excellent as well with attractive, attentive staff. Everything is very proper while still being friendly and warm. It has been a wonderful find for us as we live in the neighborhood. It is a downtown dining experience in the 'burbs.Special Features:
- disapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2014small portions at big prices taste disappointing
- Good place to eat in suburbsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2014Everything was good, the food was very good. We had to ask them to find us a decent table to sit at, but after that everything went well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced under deliveredOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/25/2014Very expensive menu and a very limited wine menu that was way over priced as well. Meal was horrible , veal chop way over cooked for medium rare came med- well done . Not a satisfied customer . Ambiance and decor is very chic however I came to enjoy a meal instead left very disappointedSpecial Features:
- Really enjoyable food, greatBarryDined on 3/28/2014Really enjoyable food, great service. Overall a great find. RecommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okFoodloverVIPDined on 3/20/2014Great service and ambience. Food was ok but could be better. Sauce with scallops was too salty and the squid ink pasta was quite bland.
- Fantastic NightLCsiDined on 3/13/2014Food is amazing. Had fantastic service and the atmosphere was so nice. This is our second time here and it won't be our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!FoodieDined on 3/5/2014Everything was very delicious and we can't wait to go back! Keep up the good work! See you soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchFoodieDined on 2/26/2014Everything was superb, great attention to details. The quality of service and food is the best around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!FoodieDined on 2/23/2014I had the whole grilled snapper, was amazing. Best restaurant around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So SogoodeatsDined on 2/21/2014Service excellent, Over Priced bar like $20 for a single malt scotch. small portions for the price and not the best for that price, I expected more after reading views and was disappointed. Gnocchi was good but you could count the pieces. Veal Parmigiana needed more sauce and cheese. Goat cheese salad excellent. They should call this French / Italian that way Italian food with really small French portions.
- Service was little slow, butMKPASTDined on 2/21/2014Service was little slow, but overall a great meal. Well prepared, wonderful appearance and great taste. Among the entrees our group ordered were a perfectly cooked sea bass; veal milanese, boneless chicken and the filet. Every plate left the table clean. Our waiter recommended the Heba wine and it was delicious. A little bit on the pricey side but always a good meal with friendly staff.Special Features:
- SarpaexpertdinerDined on 2/18/2014I've been to this restaurant several times before, but this time was for my boyfriend's birthday and the food was absolutely spectacular! Great for a quiet family dinner or a couples night out! Great food, service, and no city traffic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- requires better time managementHermanSimDined on 2/14/2014everything was great except for time management. Waiting 30mins for my 9:00pm reservation is ridiculous. yes it was Valentines, but maybe a bit more focus on customers rather than squeezing that extra table inI would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKPuissanceDined on 2/14/2014The food was done well, but it was slightly overpriced and the service was lackluster. We also had to wait despite being on time for our reservation. The ambiance was great and I'd recommend coming here for special occasions. If you like good food, it's worth a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a very busy night,NewRegularDined on 2/14/2014It was a very busy night, being Valentine's Day, and a full house. I have had much better service here previously. The food was quite good. The service was a disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Evening but felt crammed in...JojobVIPDined on 2/14/2014We were very excited to try a neighbourhood restaurant that was highly recommended to us. We had a lovely evening, however, we felt that the restaurant had over-booked and jammed in extra tables to maximimize on the Valentines Day dinner crowd. We were stuck by the door at a table for four. Our waiter, when he attended to us was very polite and attentive, but left us alone, mostly. I would give it another try, but I sincerely hope that the inches between tables was only a temporary effect.Special Features:
- DisappointedHs125Dined on 2/14/2014Not what I had expected for this price point. Artistically the environment and platings were nice however the food did not while me. My veal chop was nothing spectacular and the sides are small. Emphasis on too expensive for what was provided.
- Fabulous DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/1/2014We had the family home for the weekend and decided to go to Scarpa. We weren't disappointed. Food and service were excellent!Special Features:
- AWESOME!FoodieDined on 1/25/2014Best food and service around! If you haven't been, you must go! Call ahead as they are packed everytime we go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.