Sarento's on the Beach
2980 S. Kihei Rd.
Kihei, HI 96753Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Sarento's on the Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tristarrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (808) 875-7555
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily from 7:00am - 11:00 am; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday, 5:15pm - 9:30pm; Happy Hour: Nightly from 4:30pm - 6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Geno Sarmiento
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Partial glass enclosed private dining room available that can accommodate up to 18. Outdoor, oceanfront lanai/patio area available that can accommodate up to 50. Food and beverage minimum for exclusive utilization of the entire restaurant for the evening: $18,000 excluding tax and gratuity. Includes: hosted cocktail reception, if desired customized dinner menu wine charged on consumption all dining room, bar and culinary staffing Excludes: 4.1667% Hawaii State Tax & Service Charge.
- Private Party Contact: Patricia Blackburn 8088794171x
- Special Events: Exclusive dining experiences for Large Parties, Wine Tastings, Private Chef's Table Dinners, Customized Printed Menus are available with set dinners to add that personal touch. Please contact us for more information or to begin making arrangements for your event.
A word from Sarento's on the Beach
Sarento's is nestled on one of Maui's premier beaches overlooking the islands of Molokini, Kaho'olawe & Lana'i, providing guests with unsurpassed romantic ocean view. Italian-style warmth & hospitality are part of the atmosphere that makes this fine dining establishment one of Hawaii's most celebrated. The superior service, coupled with the outstanding culinary offerings makes Sarento's a place where memories are created. Superb, five-star regional Italian cuisine with a Mediterranean flair. Specialties include award-winning presentations of homemade pastas, fresh Hawaiian seafood, prime steaks, signature veal, lamb, chicken & pork dishes. Creative preparations of classic Italian desserts are enough to make a grown man cry. The main wine cellar offers over 75 domestic & imported wines ranging in price from $30 - $1,000. One of the most respected collections of wines in Hawaii, contains over 1,500 bottles from France, Germany, California with a focus on rare Italian wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Sarento's on the Beach - Best Restaurants in Wailea ›
Sarento's on the Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (73)romantic (60)great for outdoor dining (57)special occasion (51)fit for foodies (37)notable wine list (34)neighborhood gem (23)good for groups (18)hot spot (14)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Beautiful sunsetNycdinerVIPDined on 11/20/2014Sarento's is a great restaurant with a fantastic view of the ocean and sunset. I had the red snapper in a Portuguese broth. It was very good. My husband had veal Marsala. It was a good traditional preparation. I highly recommend Sarento's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's on the list every year!AprilGVIPDined on 11/18/2014We absolutely love Sarentos and come back every year to enjoy the spectacular sunset view and great service. Our absolute favorite dish is the Kobe Meatballs and Spaghetti although the lobster is definitely worthy trying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunsational !!QuincymamaDined on 11/15/2014This is our very favorite restaurant in the Kihei/Wailea area. We always start and end our trip with dinner at Sarento's. The ambience is perfect and the food is outstanding. We've been enjoying ourselves at this restaurant since the day it opened. Another great spot is their sister restaurant Nick's Fishmarket.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset Sensational and a Savory Supper!!!yogadubsDined on 11/14/2014We chose an early seating (5:00pm) to catch another beautiful Maui sunset … and SHAZAM … a spectacular sunset, romantic beachfront table, fantastic food and attentive (a wee bit overly so) service. The appetizers were great, but the main entres (mahi-mahi and the catch of the day monchong) were the highlight. As noted in a few other reviews, we found the service friendly and on top of details, but a bit hovering and very quick … too quick for our our liking … tending to pick up drink glasses or plates before we were comfortably finished. This is a very minor quibble, easily offset by their personable and kind attitude. Thank you Sarentos for a fabulous and memorable evening out!! We will indeed be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ON THE BEACH in MauiBeautyAndThBeachDined on 11/10/2014Beautiful sunsets, excellent service, outstanding food, on site photog to capture the moment.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the Beachf DiningBluedancerDined on 11/8/2014Sarento's On the Beach is a great restaurant right on the beach in Kihei/Wailea. We were well taken care of and the food was excellent. The restaurant is open to the beach.....lovely location.Special Features:
- DuaneyDuaneyVIPDined on 11/8/2014The setting can't be beat. Sitting adjacent to a beach on the Pacific Ocean. Good food and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall really enjoyed the placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/2014A nice small spot hidden but worth eating at. Especially if you are into wines. Unfortunately I am not a big wine fan but did enjoy the bottle that me and my wife purchased by the recommendation of the great wait staff. If you enjoy fresh Italian / Mediterranean food and wine then you will really like this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible view. Great food.FzedlachDined on 11/4/2014The sunset view from this restaurant is not to be missed. The restaurant is right on the "most romantic" beach in Maui. The sound of the waves while dining is breathtaking, though beware that there is often some local color on the beach after sunset. The food was well received by all. I had the monchong special, and thought it to be quite good. My mother had the mahi mahi and liked it. The service tonight was better than normal. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the "team approach" to service that this restaurant employs. It doesn't personalize your service and it often is discombobulated. The breads are usually quite good here, and the scented towels after your meal are a nice touch. We had tiramisu for dessert and it was well received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous view and great food!WW2travelerDined on 11/3/2014Everyone was welcoming and went the extra mile without us asking. Our meals (rack of lamb and paso buco) were wonderful. We asked for a wine recommendation and loved the moderately priced red that was suggested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok food, service good sunset placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/3/2014We were seated outside and within 5 minutes, 3 different servers were introducing themselves. The manager kept coming over and turning the olive oil and balsamic vinegar bottles. I like good service, but this seemed a bit much. I also wonder why all the servers are male?
- Spectacular View2catsDined on 11/3/2014Very romantic and beautiful beachside dining and nice bar for happy hour. Food was not great unfortunately. A lobster tail in a dark tomato paste type of sauce was an odd combination ( a simple beurre blanc or citrus would have been better as the sauce was not even fresh)... my husband's ahi tuna was cooked rare to his specification. Dining is expensive in Maui so would go for the view but not the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Overpriced Drinks. Been there before, had a pretty good time, this time the service was horrendous. Jeff the manager was genuine and very accommodating, but the damage was done.
- Definitely worth it!DebPortlandOrDined on 10/24/2014The friendliness and knowledge of the staff are part of what makes this such a great place, not to mention the outstanding, repeat: outstanding, flavors created by the chef. Do not miss out on the paella!! You have never in your life tasted anything so wonderful. I have been here every time I have been on Maui. It keeps getting better and better. It's truly the 5-star dining without having to wear the tie and jacket or fancy dress. And, you still can if you want to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic, A+Menu choices,Tasty FoodBabeRuth3Dined on 10/23/2014Great spot for a romantic dinner at sunset. Make a reservation & ask to reserve a table at the back wall of the restaurant, overlooking the beach. Sunset in late Oct is right around 6pm. I made my reservation for 5:30 so that I could get a table at the back wall right up against the sandy beach, before the heavy dinner crowd hits the place between 6-7pm. Be sure to bring your sunglasses for the first 15-20 mins, until the sun starts to set just before 6pm & you won't need to wear them. Very scenic overall tropical view, sitting at the table & looking out towards the sunset. Very nice choice of apps, salads, entrees, wine, etc on the menu & excellent presentation of food which is high quality & worth the price. Service also perfect.Special Features:
- YoliDined on 10/21/2014On the beach at sunset with over the top great service BUT the food needs work. For the price, you should get better tasting food. I guess you pay for the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchNJFANSDined on 10/12/2014We hadn't been here in a number of years, and was pleased to see that Sarento's was as good as we remembered. Menu has broad range of choices, and both rack of lamb and ahi were prepared beautifully. Profiteroles were a nice way to finish dinner. This is a great place to view sunset but that requires eating a bit earlier than we like.Special Features:
- Outstanding Service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/10/2014Service was exceptional......even the valet service was prompt, overall a very friendly place, made our anniversary celebration very special.Special Features:
- The BestValerieMilanoDined on 10/7/2014The food, the service the ambiance - impeccable! A bit pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Team style serviceCruiseHawkDined on 9/28/2014Service is unusual, in that every single point of service is by a different person. Our main waiter only stopped by twice. Literally six people served us, each performing a different function. Strange, but overall they were attentive. Good place.Special Features:
- Grest view with medicore foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014The view of this restaurant is amazing but I can't say the same for the food. The meal was just okay. There were several servers helping us all night long. The waiters were friendly and attentive. I had fish and there was way to much pepper on it and my husband had a pork chop that was just okay. I wouldn't spemd the money to go here unless you are just looking for a nice view at sunset.Special Features:
- Good food, weird locationTimbitVIPDined on 9/25/2014We went for our anniversary dinner and got a great table right by the wall separating the patio from the beach. The only problem is that it is directly in front, if not part of the Days Inn motel so our view of the beach and sunset was blocked by shirtless men drinking beer standing talking to each other. Lawn chairs right on the other side of the wall which was very disappointing. They did provide a free desert for our anniversary that we didn't ask for which was very nice.Special Features:
- Perfect anniversary dinnerKellerMallenDined on 9/25/2014We chose Sarento's for our tenth anniversary dinner. It was perfect! Exceptional service, wonderful food, gorgeous sunset view. We really appreciated that they had a photographer there to take a photo of us with the sunset background; a perfect keepsake for a perfect night. Thank you Sarento's - hopefully we won't have to wait another 10 years to be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset dinner must doMerchants92114Dined on 9/24/2014Being on the beach and watching the sun go down sipping on a piná colada... Can't get any better!! The food was amazing fresh and flavor plus!! Must go!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousFoodDivaDined on 9/22/2014Every time we come to Maui, we make sure to visit Sarento's. The very first visit made it one of our favorites! The oceanfront view is amazing - especially at sunset, the food is absolutely delicious AND the service is the best we've ever experienced here, or on the mainland. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A romantic night outSewattVIPDined on 9/18/2014Customer service to a new level,I have never experienced a team effort like sharento's. There is always a staff member attending to your needs. Beautiful beach setting and very good foodSpecial Features:
- Best Sunset Dinner ExperienceJMurphy186Dined on 9/14/2014Absolutely THE best dining experience on Maui! We had a wonderful dinner, the food was amazing, and we got there at sunset and it was unforgettable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodloverfoodhappyDined on 9/10/2014excellent food, great service outstanding sunset viewsSpecial Features:
- Unbelievable sunset!LindseyDined on 9/9/2014This is the most romantic spot to watch the sunset. Located right on the beach, you couldn't enjoy a more spectacular view. The food was delicious and the service was great. We absolutely loved everything about Sorento's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and sunsetAlohaAnnieVIPDined on 9/7/2014We love this place! Had great experiences whether for a romantic dinner for two or the whole clan down for special occasions . While the private dinning room is lovely the outdoor private enclave has unobstructed views of the best beach in the world!Special Features:
- CarlosGoodeatsDined on 9/2/2014This is our 4th visit over the past 10 years. Every time we've come to Maui we've booked a sunset dinner at Sarento. It has never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breathtaking view !!QuincymamaDined on 9/1/2014Honestly, we always hit Sarento's on our first night on the island and our last night on the island. The sunsets are spectacular and the service is wonderful. It's a lovely, romantic restaurant. I think we have tried just about everything on the menu and have never been disappointed. The osso bucco is divine as well as the spaghetti and meatballs. The fresh fish and the scampi are delish!! So much to choose from.......you'll love it !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2014Sarentos has a spectacular setting right on the sand. There are only five tables that get this prime location though. Their American food was fine, albeit pricey in the $40-50 range for entrees. The service though was extremely disjointed and frustrating. Instead of having a dedicated waiter, you are left to fend for yourself with whoever passes by. It's annoying and I befitting the price point. You can get a better experience elsewhere.Special Features:
- Amazing servicePeggysueDined on 8/20/2014We have been once before and forgot how great it was. Sunset view is spectacular! The service is impeccable, it's a shame Every restaurant doesn't operate this way. The staff is so caring and everyone want's to make sure you have a great experience. The food is beautifully presented and tastes great. We will be back on every visit to Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great beach locationOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/18/2014Very good food with great view and proximity to beach and oceanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would definitely go backRefinedTasteBudsDined on 8/16/2014Excellent food and ambiance. The owner is hands-on and visits with guests, making sure that the food quality, presentation and service are meeting your expectations. The staff is friendly and professional.Special Features:
- no personalityluvtogooutDined on 8/14/2014wait staff seemed very tense as if they made a mistake they would be firedSpecial Features:
- Sarentos is a winnerBeensDined on 8/13/2014Dinner was excellent, carpaccio delicious served at room temp - perfect! Zesty veal piccata really good - could have been hotter, dble smoke pork chop a massive plate of food but well executed - not too sweet seared in maple syrup and served with a sm piece of apple pie. Dessert - sounded delicious profiteroles, and should have been excellent - unfortunately, the cream puff pastry was not fresh but rubbery, the plate needed more of the three sauces, and the ice cream was just ok. Food was really good despite the dessert, service was very good - and entertaining to watch - servers work as a team, passing items to the waiter at your table behind his back, and out of your sight, so he has the item in hand to present to you;Special Features:
- So - sowowiemauiDined on 8/12/2014It is right on the beach so could be very romantic and they were pretty attentive at the beginning but then they didn't come around much. Would only bring me two sodas.
- Superb ServiceLittlebitDined on 8/11/2014Sarento's is slightly hidden off the road behind a Days Inn. Our table was outdoors (not under cover). People staying in rooms in another lodge also in front of Sarento's could look down on our table. The waiters could not have been more attentive making the service outstanding. We were a group of 7 and all of us were pleased with our entrees. Desserts were also very good. Dined during sunset which was beautiful.Special Features: