Sarento's on the Beach
2980 S. Kihei Rd.
Kihei, HI 96753Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Sarento's on the Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tristarrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 8088757555x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily from 7:00am - 11:00 am; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday, 5:15pm - 9:30pm; Happy Hour: Nightly from 4:30pm - 6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Geno Sarmiento
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Partial glass enclosed private dining room available that can accommodate up to 18. Outdoor, oceanfront lanai/patio area available that can accommodate up to 50. Food and beverage minimum for exclusive utilization of the entire restaurant for the evening: $18,000 excluding tax and gratuity. Includes: hosted cocktail reception, if desired customized dinner menu wine charged on consumption all dining room, bar and culinary staffing Excludes: 4.1667% Hawaii State Tax & Service Charge.
- Private Party Contact: Patricia Blackburn 8088794171x
- Special Events: Exclusive dining experiences for Large Parties, Wine Tastings, Private Chef's Table Dinners, Customized Printed Menus are available with set dinners to add that personal touch. Please contact us for more information or to begin making arrangements for your event.
A word from Sarento's on the Beach
Sarento's is nestled on one of Maui's premier beaches overlooking the islands of Molokini, Kaho'olawe & Lana'i, providing guests with unsurpassed romantic ocean view. Italian-style warmth & hospitality are part of the atmosphere that makes this fine dining establishment one of Hawaii's most celebrated. The superior service, coupled with the outstanding culinary offerings makes Sarento's a place where memories are created. Superb, five-star regional Italian cuisine with a Mediterranean flair. Specialties include award-winning presentations of homemade pastas, fresh Hawaiian seafood, prime steaks, signature veal, lamb, chicken & pork dishes. Creative preparations of classic Italian desserts are enough to make a grown man cry. The main wine cellar offers over 75 domestic & imported wines ranging in price from $30 - $1,000. One of the most respected collections of wines in Hawaii, contains over 1,500 bottles from France, Germany, California with a focus on rare Italian wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sarento's on the Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (69)romantic (56)great for outdoor dining (55)special occasion (45)fit for foodies (33)notable wine list (28)good for groups (17)neighborhood gem (15)hot spot (8)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Best Sunset Dinner ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Absolutely THE best dining experience on Maui! We had a wonderful dinner, the food was amazing, and we got there at sunset and it was unforgettable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodloverfoodhappyDined on 9/10/2014excellent food, great service outstanding sunset viewsSpecial Features:
- Unbelievable sunset!LindseyDined on 9/9/2014This is the most romantic spot to watch the sunset. Located right on the beach, you couldn't enjoy a more spectacular view. The food was delicious and the service was great. We absolutely loved everything about Sorento's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and sunsetAlohaAnnieVIPDined on 9/7/2014We love this place! Had great experiences whether for a romantic dinner for two or the whole clan down for special occasions . While the private dinning room is lovely the outdoor private enclave has unobstructed views of the best beach in the world!Special Features:
- CarlosGoodeatsDined on 9/2/2014This is our 4th visit over the past 10 years. Every time we've come to Maui we've booked a sunset dinner at Sarento. It has never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breathtaking view !!QuincymamaDined on 9/1/2014Honestly, we always hit Sarento's on our first night on the island and our last night on the island. The sunsets are spectacular and the service is wonderful. It's a lovely, romantic restaurant. I think we have tried just about everything on the menu and have never been disappointed. The osso bucco is divine as well as the spaghetti and meatballs. The fresh fish and the scampi are delish!! So much to choose from.......you'll love it !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2014Sarentos has a spectacular setting right on the sand. There are only five tables that get this prime location though. Their American food was fine, albeit pricey in the $40-50 range for entrees. The service though was extremely disjointed and frustrating. Instead of having a dedicated waiter, you are left to fend for yourself with whoever passes by. It's annoying and I befitting the price point. You can get a better experience elsewhere.Special Features:
- Amazing servicePeggysueDined on 8/20/2014We have been once before and forgot how great it was. Sunset view is spectacular! The service is impeccable, it's a shame Every restaurant doesn't operate this way. The staff is so caring and everyone want's to make sure you have a great experience. The food is beautifully presented and tastes great. We will be back on every visit to Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great beach locationOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/18/2014Very good food with great view and proximity to beach and oceanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would definitely go backRefinedTasteBudsDined on 8/16/2014Excellent food and ambiance. The owner is hands-on and visits with guests, making sure that the food quality, presentation and service are meeting your expectations. The staff is friendly and professional.Special Features:
- no personalityluvtogooutDined on 8/14/2014wait staff seemed very tense as if they made a mistake they would be firedSpecial Features:
- Sarentos is a winnerBeensDined on 8/13/2014Dinner was excellent, carpaccio delicious served at room temp - perfect! Zesty veal piccata really good - could have been hotter, dble smoke pork chop a massive plate of food but well executed - not too sweet seared in maple syrup and served with a sm piece of apple pie. Dessert - sounded delicious profiteroles, and should have been excellent - unfortunately, the cream puff pastry was not fresh but rubbery, the plate needed more of the three sauces, and the ice cream was just ok. Food was really good despite the dessert, service was very good - and entertaining to watch - servers work as a team, passing items to the waiter at your table behind his back, and out of your sight, so he has the item in hand to present to you;Special Features:
- So - sowowiemauiDined on 8/12/2014It is right on the beach so could be very romantic and they were pretty attentive at the beginning but then they didn't come around much. Would only bring me two sodas.
- Superb ServiceLittlebitDined on 8/11/2014Sarento's is slightly hidden off the road behind a Days Inn. Our table was outdoors (not under cover). People staying in rooms in another lodge also in front of Sarento's could look down on our table. The waiters could not have been more attentive making the service outstanding. We were a group of 7 and all of us were pleased with our entrees. Desserts were also very good. Dined during sunset which was beautiful.Special Features:
- awesomeBarberellaDined on 8/3/2014Food, Service and ambience was 5 star More than what I had expected! alohaSpecial Features:
- RomanticOsangDined on 8/3/2014It was a special occasion and the place was perfect. Great food and view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DiningKRearDined on 8/2/2014We been twice now and the whole experience continues to be lovely!Special Features:
- Mixed ExperiencekboltonVIPDined on 8/2/2014We discovered Sarentos on our last trip and felt like we had found a hidden gem. The view can't be beat and the food was amazing, the tag-team wait staff personable and helpful and top notch food prep and taste. But on our 2nd visit, we were underwhelmed. Our first waiter had an European accent but zero personality; most of his comments sounded like they we're read off a script and I never saw him smile. Potstickers were ok, but my entree was served too cool for my taste. On the plus side, the other waiters were friendlier to us, the bar staff is fun and attentive, and that amazing view was just as spectacular as before. But when I'm shelling out $150 for dinner, I expect all aspects of the meal to be superb.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AN2DineDined on 8/1/2014Great food with incredible ocean views. The service was awesome. This was our best dining experience on Maui.Special Features:
- Don't go!JB88Dined on 7/25/2014We were sorely disappointed in our dining experience here. Yes, the view is nice. But, sub-par (expensive) food and terrible service far overshadow any ambiance that the restaurant may offer. The food was very overpriced for what you get, the seafood was overcooked, and the manager and waitstaff had no sense of customer service. All in all, we have eaten at many other much better restaurants on the island that put this one to shame. Save yourself the hassle and don't choose this place.
- JoestonejoestoneDined on 7/24/2014Service was poor. Food came out in two groups instead of all at once. One dish cold, one dish underdone. Expensive and not woth it.
- olgoatDined on 7/24/2014Food was average. On a scale of one to 10 I would rate it a 7. I don't think we got the value for our money. I will not go back.Special Features:
- Fantastic Wedding DinnerWeddingDinnerDined on 7/22/2014We had our wedding dinner here for a group of six. We were right on the beach. The menu is basically Italian, with Mediterranean influences. Pork chops were awesome. Try the Calimari. I highly recommend Sorento's for anyone looking for a Maui original away from the typical hotel fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place to dine!Trent61Dined on 7/20/2014We went here on our honeymoon for the last meal before heading back to the mainland. Excellent service, delicious meal, fantastic ambience, beautiful view and sunset! Will definitely go back when I'm in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unimpressed for price paidUnimpressedDined on 7/16/2014We were looking forward to fine dining with a spectacular view. The only thing that didn't let us down was the view and the bar service. Completely disappointed with the restaurant service and the food. We were left to sit there for over 20 minutes after our order was taken before we had to ask for our bread and drinks that had been ordered. We then waited another 30 minutes for our meals. The food looked amazing however the seafood and fish was way over cooked and the taste was undesirable. Almost $300 for a party of 4 and walked away saying let's go get something to eat. Would not eat there again however would return for some drinks.Special Features:
- Honeymoon failrecommenderVIPDined on 7/13/2014We booked Sarento's for our first night in Maui for our honeymoon. Despite not being associated with a hotel, it is listed below the Day's Inn on the sign outside the restaurant. Plus, the Day's Inn guests are sitting on the beach in front of you while you are having dinner, either drinking beers or running and being loud. The ambiance was not there. Also, the service was extremely slow and took nearly an hour and 30 minutes without ordering an appetizer or having dessert. We had to ask our waiter about our food because we were at the table for over an hour. Overall, disappointing and I would not recommend it.
- FineDiningGuyFineDiningGuyDined on 6/30/2014We had one of our best meals here on Maui. If you like Osso Buco as I do, you will not be disappointed. The service was impeccable and the sunset view is second to none.Special Features:
- CilantroOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/25/2014It's a beautiful spot along the water, especially at sunset. Excellent wait staff and ambiance. My wife had the spaghetti and meatballs, which she really liked. I had the local snapper and was disappointed. It came floating in a broth with clams and Portuguese sausage. The cilantro was so strong that all I could taste was that and the spicy sausage. A shame, because the fish was nice and fresh and flaky.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DownhillMrBobVIPDined on 6/24/2014Have been coming to this restaurant on summer vacations for several years and have started to notice the menu and service has been on a steady decline. . The server recited specials, never looking at us. We both got the mahi mahi that was about a three once piece for 48.00 . It was cold, bland and considering mahi is about 9.00 a pound I thought it was a ripoff . The sauce and vegetables were just so so. The dessert were never that impressive in the past but we listened as the server recited from memory looking off at some distant planet never looking at us , we did not order any dessert . My suggestion is Four Seasons has wonderful restaurants with great service. We will not be coming back to this restaurant in the future .Special Features:
- Not to be missed!!!GourmetGalVIPDined on 6/19/2014It's hard to imagine a more beautiful and perfect place to end our trip to Paradise. I had read other reviews and was anxious to try it. When we pulled up to a budget hotel, I almost didn't go in. But the valets and numerous awards on the wall made me try it. If I had missed it, I never would have forgiven myself. The food, service, wine, and setting right on the beach made this place #1. (They must not be connected to the hotel by the way.). The icing on the cake was a professional photographer who takes your picture on the beach as the sun sets, a much better souvenir for $20 than the leis most restaurants hawk. I'm still dreaming about the outstanding food and service. RUN, do not walk, to Sarento's an hour before sunset! Heavenly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great find!StenomamaDined on 6/18/2014This restaurant exceeded my expectations from the service to the food to the beautiful view of the setting sun!Special Features:
- Nice spot for Honeymoon celebrationHoneymoonersDined on 6/15/2014Service was VERY good. The seafood was fresh. We wished we had a table right on the wall to the view, but not a huge deal. The highlight may have just been the free bread which was delicious! we couldn't stop eating it and then we were pretty well full by the time we got our dinner!! We aren't fancy food type of people but this was a very nice restaurant for a celebratory type dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely RecommendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014We had a great dinner. We were sat outside off to the side in front of hotel rooms; it looked like add-on seating which I thought was a little weird but ended up being very nice. It was quiet and we were right next to the beach. There were people sitting on the beach 5 feet away from us enjoying the sunset which I thought could be awkward but again, it was just fine. The service was great, everyone was very attentive. At least 4 different people served us throughout the night but then the gentleman who first seated us did say he was going to be "one" of our servers. Food was great; we had the osso buco and lamb. The two reasons for the 4 stars instead of 5 is that it is on the expensive side and they forgot about one glass of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingBaldEagleDined on 6/13/2014Tiny Portions (2 Bite Crabcakes), Surly, Inattentive Service.
- WowEatoutmoreoftenDined on 6/12/2014We had many restaurant recommendations for our last night of vacation. Sorentos did not disappoint. Amazing seafood, and pasta and one of a kind meatballs for the kid carnivores. Wine menu impressive, dessert to die for, and did I mention it is on the beach? Service was stellar. A great end to a fabulous vacation for our four adults and three big kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunset and dinecharparDined on 6/7/2014Excellent location, great place to enjoy dinner and the sunset. Service was perfect, very attentive. Spaghetti was delicious, grilled ahi was okay, piece was a bit too marbled. Less expensive than mama's but still pricey - 32 bucks for spaghetti...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JanetmlVIPDined on 6/4/2014We have been coming here for several years and it has been a Maui favorite. This year the food was terrible, we sent back the calamari and two of the entrees out of four were very undesirable.Special Features:
- OveratedLanaiboyDined on 6/4/2014Beautiful view. Great wine list. Crab cakes very good. Caesar salad very good. Entrees were very ordinary. Waiter disappeared after serving entree for 10 minutes Poor service. Manager was good to make it right Might try it againSpecial Features:
- Mixed results as often occurs heremoragamunchersVIPDined on 6/4/2014Location and service outstanding. Food was mixed. House salad was a real disappointment - thrown together, limp lettuce. Main course (veal picatta) was very good but not what I expected - more of a salty sauce than just a light butter/caper sauce. Wine prices are still unreasonably high but by the glass is OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic beach-dining in MauiOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/2/2014Outstanding service, great food and on-the-beach dining for that perfect romantic evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.