234 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sardis.com/
- Phone: 2122218440
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 11:30pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Sardi's
In the heart of New York's Theatre District, Sardi's has been the toast of Broadway since 1921. Featuring continental cuisine, we are open Tuesday through Sunday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContinental
Sardi's reviews from OpenTable diners
233 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (96)neighborhood gem (81)late-night find (58)good for groups (49)great for lunch (45)hot spot (45)fit for foodies (44)romantic (27)kid-friendly (25)great for brunch (19)notable wine list (17)vibrant bar scene (10)scenic view (7)Show More
- Loved it.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Notable place. Escape the crowd. Excellent service. Delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sardi's is great!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014My husband and I had heard of Sardi's but on a quick trip to NYC to see a play, we decided to have lunch prior to the matinee. It was great, overall ambience was great and I would highly recommend it a meal there combined with a trip to the theater.Special Features:
- DisappointedChicagotravelerDined on 9/25/2014This was a restaurant that I had heard good things about. I was disappointed in the service. The server forgot my husbands drink order, we had to remind her, twice. The food was okay. Nothing special. I had scallops, which were overcooked and tough. The noise level made it difficult to hold a conversation. I am sorry but I would not recommend this restaurant.
- Good PlaceBethDined on 9/24/2014it's more than just a famous place. The food, albeit rich, is wonderful, as is the service. And, of course, the ambiance: nobody can beat those terrific caracutures on the walls.Special Features:
- Not that great.ZontarDined on 9/21/2014Had been upstairs for drinks before so this time we thought we would try the food after a show. Was disappointed. The food was not that great or imaginative. Very 2 and a half stars by New York standards I think. As well there seems to be no service upstairs now. You have to go to the bartender to get a drink. Lots of seniors when we were there. This is someplace I think you may take your parents just to say you have been there.
- akc72stDined on 9/20/2014One of our favorite "classic NYC" restaurants! Great food, wonderful atmosphere, superb service...and stays this way year to year to year. You don't even need to glimpse a celeb (although it's fun when it happens); eating at Sardi's is something special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining iconOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We were going to a show on Broadway and looking for a place to have dinner. Sardis came up on my phone search and a light went on! Let's go experience a NYC icon. We were not disappointed. It felt like old school NY. The service and food were perfect. We thought Frank, Dean, Rodney may walk in at any minute! Glad we had a chance to get a table easily through your service! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedHeyup38Dined on 9/18/2014Tired decor, tired waiters, food was fine for what it was.......
- great additin to NY trip!DCgirlVIPDined on 9/17/2014We met friends from Texas in NY for a whirlwind play-going extravaganza - they had never been to Sardi's and it's truly a requirement for a Broadway experience. Our food was very good, and everyone enjoyed their entrees - ogling the caricatures is also a great entertainment. Have been several times and still enjoy going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sardi's was greatpik39Dined on 9/16/2014Sardi's was great and had come highly recommended to me and my friend as the place to go before the theatre. Matilda was our play so it was conveniently located to the theatre. I think the waiter could have been a little more attentive. He spent a lot of time conversing with the matre d. Overall, well worth our visit.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 9/13/2014Wonderful for pre theater. Food is very good, friendly attentive service and the value is also very good.Special Features:
- Sardi'sStardiva33Dined on 9/13/2014my friend, an actress also, was visiting from Fl and altho she had lived in Long Island ages ago, and done shows in this area, she had never been to Sardi's, so i took her here. the table was just as i requested, a side wall comfortable seating, not out on the flloor at a table. she was pleased with her order of salmon, but i was not happy; i ordered canneloni and got veg. lasagna. i thought maybe they'd changed the way they make it (it's a classic) , so kept it. but it wasn't what i wanted. after the theatre crowd left, we were able to hang out talking for hrs (total 4 !! ) which was great.Special Features:
- Expectations MetChitown51Dined on 9/13/2014Dinner prior to a Broadway show, once again Sardi's cuisine and service was excellent. Our server Mike is absolutely awesomeSpecial Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed the atmosphere, and the food was excellent for adults. The service was minimal. We hailed a waiter to order wine who indicated it wasn't his table but he could help us. His "partner" a female returned and took our order. He served the wine but no one ever returned to pour another glass. After the food was served no one asked if it was satisfactory. Our granddaughter could not eat her dinner, did not like it. No one cleared our plates until 10 minutes after we were done and practically asked them to do it? A little disappointing for our first visit and we were early, 5:15 reservation. WE expected better for the reputation of SardisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of a kindOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/13/2014We are always pleased with Sardi's pre-theater. The ambiance, history and service makes up for the so-so food.Special Features:
- Not bad , just okaySeattledinerVIPDined on 9/11/2014There don't seem to be many great restaurants in the Theater District. I had been to Sardi's many years ago with my mother and sisters after a play. The drawings of all the stars on the walls are wonderful. I thought it would be fun to go withy husband and son. The service wasn't great. ( We has to ask for water refills twice.) My son's steak was not rare as asked. Our chicken was drenched in a bland mushroom sauce .
- NOT just a place for tourists!REGNYCVIPDined on 9/11/2014Sardi's has a well-deserved reputation as an historic theatre-district restaurant. The iconic images lining the walls are famous. The menu is just right, the service is highly professional, and the food delicious. It has succeeded not because of it's historic importance but because it continues to do things right.Special Features:
- Always a great mealNYC311Dined on 9/10/2014You can never go wrong with a dinner at Sardis. Food is excellent and service is beyond beliefSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great History & FoodSedationDDSDined on 9/7/2014This place was everything I dreamed it would be. The service was impeccable . The food was good. We got the Baked Alaskan for dessert & the waiter rolled the flames several times from dish to dessert ! It was beautiful ! Prices were not bad for Times Square area.Special Features:
- eats2welleats2wellVIPDined on 9/7/2014My favorite restaurant for Steak Tartare. Best item on the menu.Special Features:
- DelightfulMarbeDined on 9/6/2014A terrific meal with great service. We went before going to the theater and had a wonderful time speaking with the people sitting nearby. Enjoyed the "art work" very much. would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than it has to beStuardo1VIPDined on 9/5/2014Sardi's has been around so long and is so well known it could easily get by on it location and its reputation. Luckily it doesn't do that. The food was good and very fresh and while the ambiance is very busy they do a great job in getting you out to your show on time. I highly recommend Sardi's as a great pre-theater dining experience.Special Features:
- What's the big deal?EasytopleaseVIPDined on 9/2/2014Heard so many great things about Sardis so was expecting to be blown away. Instead, we arrive early with reservation and I spend the next two hours staring at the wall. So much for ambience. Okay, well surely the food will be exciting. Ordered steak at medium rare. Must have different definition here than from home since nothing red/pink on steak. Well surely someone will stop by and ask how dinner was going. Not tonight! Not a single person the entire night asked how our dining experience was going. To many restaurant choices in NYC to waste one on this place.
- Special times at Sardi'sratlasVIPDined on 8/31/2014After the seeing the Broadway play "It's only a play" with Nathan Lane and Mathew Broderick, we went for dinner at Sardi's. We signed up for the theatre special for dinner which was two dinners for $100. The service was a little slow, it took over an hour for dinner, but we enjoyed the surroundings and the ambience. The food was good and tasty. What was especially funny was the reference in the play about dinner at Sardi's. Even after 50 years, this is still the place to go after theatre.Special Features:
- Convenient and good foodFashionistaVIPDined on 8/30/2014Great location in the theatre district. Large menu and good food with great service. Caricatures of famous stars on the wall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TraditionGGDCDined on 8/30/2014Excellent dinner and service, as always. Times Square has changed a LOT since I was a kid back in the 80s, but it's good to know I can still come to Sardi's and have a great meal before a show, served by a waiter in a tux, guess who's who in all the drawings on the wall, and pick up a souvenir matchbook on the way out (I don't smoke, or ever use matches for that matter, but still). Don't ever change, Sardi's.Special Features:
- RC4UVIPDined on 8/29/2014Good fo pre-theatre; location is good. Busy ambiance that serves the purpose of being in the Broadway theatre area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After-the-showTrainerTVIPDined on 8/28/2014Great place to go after a Broadway play. I appreciated the fact that they stayed open late and that they accepted a reservation for one. I enjoyed looking at all the famous people's sketches and signatures hanging on the wall, as well as listening to the waiters talk about all the famous people who they have seen dine there. Wait staff was very attentive. Excellent French onion soup and great pasta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the old Sardi'sMV90274Dined on 8/28/2014Something has changed at Sardi's. The service was not what it use to be. The elegance is gone. The food was adequate, the drinks were adequate. The prices were as high as always --- but just not worth it anymore. Obviously the location to Broadway theatres is wonderful.
- Theater nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014I always enjoy Sardi's when in town on the night we go to the theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before theater diningCsullDined on 8/27/2014Went to lunch at famous Sardi 's before afternoon matinee. Not too crowded on a Wed. Pear and walnut salad was very good and so was the appetizer cannelloni. The crabmeat sandwich was just okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to meet on off hoursLCdinerVIPDined on 8/26/2014I have been coming to Sardi' since I was a child.....'nuff saidI would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in Theater DistrictOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2014Aewsome restaurant with amazing history. A definite dinner spot during ay visit to NEw York City. Food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarymaryVIPDined on 8/20/2014The desserts were wonderful! Lunch was unhurried. Staff allowed us to stay to talk as we were 3 long-time friends meeting there for reunion, of sorts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningLuv2dineDined on 8/19/2014First visit couldn't have asked for a more wonderful experience Thank YouSpecial Features:
- Good Retro-Classic SpotNYCFoodieDined on 8/16/2014Sardi's has been around forever, and it still hits the mark as the perfect pre or post theatre spot for dinner. The menu has some classics that are hard to find on 21st Century menus. We finished off our dinner with a Baked Alaska flambe, an item that I can't recall having seen on a menu for decades. The caricatures of Broadway greats and New York City politicos sets a fun tone, the staff is experienced and quick, the food predictably good, and the prices remarkably reasonable for the Shubert Alley/ Broadway location near every major theatre.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceLindaDined on 8/13/2014I always wanted to dine at Sardi's, so when I had a girlfriend trip to NYC, I made reservations for us for lunch. Our table was ready when we arrived, the staff was great and the food was spectacular. I will definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a thrill!LeesburgLisaDined on 8/10/2014When my husband and I came to visit New York, eating at Sardis was at the top of my list. I found the people in the restaurant to be warm and friendly. The food was good and we had a great time looking at the drawings around the restaurant. I'll always remember my visit.Special Features:
- Great time all dayThreeolivesDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I had matinee tickets at the theater right across from Sardi's and decided to have pre-show drinks and snacks at the upstairs bar in Sardi's. The bar is great you get a bird-eye view of the street, perfect for people watching, the bartender was excellent and I recommend the quesadillas. After the show we returned. We were early for our 6:15 reservation, so we returned to the bar before being seated. The food was excellent. The staff was attentive and quick, but never felt rushed. The restaurant is jumping before the shows but by 7:30 you could hear a pin drop. Overall it was a fantastic day and I would go back in a heartbeat. BTW save room for the baked Alaska it was so good it should be illegal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REAL NEW YORKERS, LOVE SARDI'SHanaDaHayaDined on 8/9/2014Both born in Manhattan, when we're in the B'way area, we always go to Sardi's for dinner. In addition to the delicious food and wonderful service, the atmosphere is so typically New York, how could we NOT go to Sardi's? We started with a bottle of icy Pino Grigio, sipping it with home made bread and butter. Then I had a shrimp cocktail my husband had the orange/beet/goat cheese salad. Spinach cannelloni is also delicious. Then we split a Caesar salad, wonderful. Entrées were luscious scallops perfectly cooked, my husband had salmon that melted in your mouth. We shared the ice cream cake topped with meringue and served on zabaglione sauce. We love Sardi's and recommend it highly for everyone. SARDI'S IS NOT JUST FOR TOURISTS!Special Features: