234 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sardis.com/
- Phone: 2122218440
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 11:30pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Sardi's
In the heart of New York's Theatre District, Sardi's has been the toast of Broadway since 1921. Featuring continental cuisine, we are open Tuesday through Sunday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContinental
Sardi's reviews from OpenTable diners
226 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (87)neighborhood gem (82)late-night find (58)good for groups (55)great for lunch (50)hot spot (49)fit for foodies (41)kid-friendly (24)romantic (20)great for brunch (18)notable wine list (14)vibrant bar scene (11)scenic view (9)Show More
- RonjjVIPDined on 10/22/2014Sardi's is a New York institution and should not be missed. We eat there as often as we can and have always had a wonderful experience. It is everything you would expect it to be. Make sure you have a few pre-dinner drinks in the upstairs bar. It is a great place to meet very interesting=people and the bartenders are very affable and mix excellent drinks. Dining at Sardi's is always worth the trip.Special Features:
- Great spot before a show!LUVNYCDined on 10/19/2014We stopped here under recommendation from friends before a show. Wonderful! The food was fabulous, service was delightful and dessert was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EMarsDined on 10/18/2014Sardi's continues to be a favorite for our post-matinee dining! The endive salad was special and delicious. (And - if you need to use the ladies room, it is always immaculate and staffed with a lovely and sweet attendant)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great surprise ...BillyVIPDined on 10/18/2014It was our first time to eat at Sardi's. We took friends who had just arrived from Liverpool on the Queen Mary 2. Before going to see Kinky Boots, we went to Sardi's. As soon as we walked into the restaurant, we were led upstairs to a table overlooking the busy Times Square street below. It was fun watching all the hustle and bustle outside while we enjoyed a relaxing and delicious meal inside. The service staff were impeccable and the food was much better than expected.Special Features:
- Pre theatre gem stands test of timekimschoicesDined on 10/17/2014We took a chance on a well known pre theatre restaurant and totally enjoyed the prix fixe menu. Sublime smoked salmon, flavourful NY steak (order it a bit rarer than in Toronto as they cook it a bit more), delicious NY cheesecake for dessert. We will definitely come back again and try some more choices. Great location!Special Features:
- Sardi'sGaryDined on 10/15/2014The food and service were excellent. The restaurant was noisy and tables were close together. Overall, it was a good place to eat.Special Features:
- The years have not been kindHomechefDined on 10/14/2014The old standards are being processed not cooked ---
- sorry won't go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Ordennary food Ordinary food, should redo wine list, Merlot and the Bordeaux taste the same I don't think they should. I had Sea scallops wife had the pork Medallions, She would not finish one, Tiramisu her favorite and has tried around the world again would not finish. Sorry your living on your past reputation
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/8/2014The cheese plate was outstanding! All the food was good. So glad we went to this New York must restaurant!Special Features:
- Lots of history and good foodjaniceogVIPDined on 10/8/2014It's always fun to go to Sardi's, right there in the heart of the theater district. Great place for pre- or post-show dinner.Special Features:
- Delightful, as it always has been!MamaMaggiDined on 10/8/2014Haven't been to Sardi's in a number of years, but came with my husband and father for a special occasion; my elderly father has fond memories of old times at Sardi's. Everything was excellent. In particular, I note the helpfulness of the staff (and even the patrons) in assisting my father, who used a walker and needed extra help to get to the table. They were very kind and efficient in helping him, and gracious in stowing his equipment. Our waiter was friendly and helpful; the food was pleasing; and the ambience was familiar and highly enjoyable. We'll be back soon. Thank you, Sardi's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater gemGarnetDined on 10/8/2014Sardi's is a great place to lunch before the theater or post theater for dinner. Lunch has a wonderful prix fix menu which makes it reasonable and the food and service is great too!Special Features:
- nostalgic- but not goodkjmcc0729Dined on 10/3/2014Disappointing dinner at Sardi's. Service was apathetic. Were each given 1 piece of bread when seated and then nothing the rest of the meal. Food was bland. Dessert was not good. Creme brulee was chunky and eggy. Ate 3 bites and left the rest untouched - no mention from the waitress. Tiramisu had an unpleasant flavor as well. Shame really - this place is a piece of history but I can not recommend to anyone. Given the price ($250 w/tip) there are much better experiences to be had!
- Great theatrical ambiancediner101VIPDined on 10/1/2014A group of us going to the theater decided to have lunch at Sardi's beforehand. The ambiance was great--it was fun to look at all the celebrities on the walls. However, the food was just ordinary, nothing special at all. We were disappointed in the food. The desserts sounded delicious, but did not live up to their billing. The service was efficient and we were finished in time to get to the theater. So, been there, done that, don't need to do it again.Special Features:
- Sardi's ReviewRealNYersReviewsVIPDined on 9/30/2014Sardi's is a classic theater district standby. The food is very good, thoughtful service and great theater ambiance. The business lunch special was a great deal.Special Features:
- Oh dear ( expensive ) !JJWestSussexDined on 9/28/2014I suppose if you go to a restaurant in Time Square you should expect to pay over the odds ?? Very expensive, for average food. I would have a good look round before going here.
- Loved it.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Notable place. Escape the crowd. Excellent service. Delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sardi's is great!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014My husband and I had heard of Sardi's but on a quick trip to NYC to see a play, we decided to have lunch prior to the matinee. It was great, overall ambience was great and I would highly recommend it a meal there combined with a trip to the theater.Special Features:
- Good, Not GreatTheaterjunkyDined on 9/25/2014Although I loved the atmospehere and I would go again, the steak my husband received was not cooked as ordered. It was very well done and it was ordered medium rare. My fish was good and it was a generous sized portion. The bread was excellent and the service was wonderful.Special Features:
- DisappointedChicagotravelerDined on 9/25/2014This was a restaurant that I had heard good things about. I was disappointed in the service. The server forgot my husbands drink order, we had to remind her, twice. The food was okay. Nothing special. I had scallops, which were overcooked and tough. The noise level made it difficult to hold a conversation. I am sorry but I would not recommend this restaurant.
- Good PlaceBethDined on 9/24/2014it's more than just a famous place. The food, albeit rich, is wonderful, as is the service. And, of course, the ambiance: nobody can beat those terrific caracutures on the walls.Special Features:
- Not that great.ZontarVIPDined on 9/21/2014Had been upstairs for drinks before so this time we thought we would try the food after a show. Was disappointed. The food was not that great or imaginative. Very 2 and a half stars by New York standards I think. As well there seems to be no service upstairs now. You have to go to the bartender to get a drink. Lots of seniors when we were there. This is someplace I think you may take your parents just to say you have been there.
- akc72stDined on 9/20/2014One of our favorite "classic NYC" restaurants! Great food, wonderful atmosphere, superb service...and stays this way year to year to year. You don't even need to glimpse a celeb (although it's fun when it happens); eating at Sardi's is something special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining iconOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We were going to a show on Broadway and looking for a place to have dinner. Sardis came up on my phone search and a light went on! Let's go experience a NYC icon. We were not disappointed. It felt like old school NY. The service and food were perfect. We thought Frank, Dean, Rodney may walk in at any minute! Glad we had a chance to get a table easily through your service! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedHeyup38Dined on 9/18/2014Tired decor, tired waiters, food was fine for what it was.......
- great additin to NY trip!DCgirlVIPDined on 9/17/2014We met friends from Texas in NY for a whirlwind play-going extravaganza - they had never been to Sardi's and it's truly a requirement for a Broadway experience. Our food was very good, and everyone enjoyed their entrees - ogling the caricatures is also a great entertainment. Have been several times and still enjoy going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sardi's was greatpik39Dined on 9/16/2014Sardi's was great and had come highly recommended to me and my friend as the place to go before the theatre. Matilda was our play so it was conveniently located to the theatre. I think the waiter could have been a little more attentive. He spent a lot of time conversing with the matre d. Overall, well worth our visit.Special Features:
- post theatherAngeloVIPDined on 9/14/2014overall very good bar upstairs I feel needs some upgrading and NO server like a free for all waiting to get servive lots of patron and only 1 bar tender not goodSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 9/13/2014Wonderful for pre theater. Food is very good, friendly attentive service and the value is also very good.Special Features:
- Sardi'sStardiva33Dined on 9/13/2014my friend, an actress also, was visiting from Fl and altho she had lived in Long Island ages ago, and done shows in this area, she had never been to Sardi's, so i took her here. the table was just as i requested, a side wall comfortable seating, not out on the flloor at a table. she was pleased with her order of salmon, but i was not happy; i ordered canneloni and got veg. lasagna. i thought maybe they'd changed the way they make it (it's a classic) , so kept it. but it wasn't what i wanted. after the theatre crowd left, we were able to hang out talking for hrs (total 4 !! ) which was great.Special Features:
- Expectations MetChitown51Dined on 9/13/2014Dinner prior to a Broadway show, once again Sardi's cuisine and service was excellent. Our server Mike is absolutely awesomeSpecial Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed the atmosphere, and the food was excellent for adults. The service was minimal. We hailed a waiter to order wine who indicated it wasn't his table but he could help us. His "partner" a female returned and took our order. He served the wine but no one ever returned to pour another glass. After the food was served no one asked if it was satisfactory. Our granddaughter could not eat her dinner, did not like it. No one cleared our plates until 10 minutes after we were done and practically asked them to do it? A little disappointing for our first visit and we were early, 5:15 reservation. WE expected better for the reputation of SardisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of a kindOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/13/2014We are always pleased with Sardi's pre-theater. The ambiance, history and service makes up for the so-so food.Special Features:
- Not bad , just okaySeattledinerVIPDined on 9/11/2014There don't seem to be many great restaurants in the Theater District. I had been to Sardi's many years ago with my mother and sisters after a play. The drawings of all the stars on the walls are wonderful. I thought it would be fun to go withy husband and son. The service wasn't great. ( We has to ask for water refills twice.) My son's steak was not rare as asked. Our chicken was drenched in a bland mushroom sauce .
- NOT just a place for tourists!REGNYCVIPDined on 9/11/2014Sardi's has a well-deserved reputation as an historic theatre-district restaurant. The iconic images lining the walls are famous. The menu is just right, the service is highly professional, and the food delicious. It has succeeded not because of it's historic importance but because it continues to do things right.Special Features:
- Always a great mealNYC311Dined on 9/10/2014You can never go wrong with a dinner at Sardis. Food is excellent and service is beyond beliefSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great History & FoodSedationDDSDined on 9/7/2014This place was everything I dreamed it would be. The service was impeccable . The food was good. We got the Baked Alaskan for dessert & the waiter rolled the flames several times from dish to dessert ! It was beautiful ! Prices were not bad for Times Square area.Special Features:
- eats2welleats2wellVIPDined on 9/7/2014My favorite restaurant for Steak Tartare. Best item on the menu.Special Features:
- DelightfulMarbeDined on 9/6/2014A terrific meal with great service. We went before going to the theater and had a wonderful time speaking with the people sitting nearby. Enjoyed the "art work" very much. would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than it has to beStuardo1VIPDined on 9/5/2014Sardi's has been around so long and is so well known it could easily get by on it location and its reputation. Luckily it doesn't do that. The food was good and very fresh and while the ambiance is very busy they do a great job in getting you out to your show on time. I highly recommend Sardi's as a great pre-theater dining experience.Special Features: