Sardinia Enoteca Ristorante
1801 Purdy avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Sardinia Enoteca Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sardinia-ristorante.com/
- Phone: (305) 531-2228
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Pietro Vardeu
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer catering services from small to large events. Please contact us for more information.
- Entertainment: Wine Seminars take place once a month. Please contact us to be added in our mailing list.
A word from Sardinia Enoteca Ristorante
One of the most authentic and exciting restaurants to open in Miami Beach in ages, this ultra-friendly restaurant has made fast friends of the neighborhood around Sunset Harbor. The young, mostly Italian staff is exceptionally knowledgeable and helpful. Highlights on the lengthy menu of rustic dishes include spaghetti bottarga, orecchiette with wild boar sausage and nearly melted broccoli di rabe pesto. Salt-crusted branzino, prepared in the wood-burning ovendeboned table-side, is a masterpiece. The fantastic, value-priced wine list is always a winner. Best to go with a crowd and share a platter of thinly sliced meats and cheeses with vegetables roasted in the wood-burning oven. Order a plate of crackly rosemary carasatu bread, too. Deserts, like the millefoglie with nutella and pastry cream, are as addictive as this new hot spot. Source: New Times: Best of Miami 2007Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Sardinia Enoteca Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
Sardinia Enoteca Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (26)notable wine list (20)good for groups (19)romantic (15)great for outdoor dining (12)great for lunch (12)special occasion (11)late-night find (9)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (5)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Great Miami Beach findSylarDined on 11/15/2014Saw it reviewed in a TV program Chef Michelle Bernstein hosts in South Florida and was glad we went. As of this writing surrounding streets under some kind of repair, but if you can't find street parking, marina across street has plenty of public space. Impeccable service by knowledgeable staff. Great food: veal scallopine in port sauce with roasted potatoes & veggies, mushroom risotto, polpo carpaccio (octopus) appetizer, creamed asparagus soup, prosciutto & mushroom pizza, sausage & rabe pizza (rabe a bit too bitter), classic tiramisu, millefoglie with strawberries, and panacotta with mango and strawberries. To drink, iced tea and quartinos (carafe with 1 1/2 to 2 glasses of wine) of Vermentino (Sardinian wine), plus espressos. Pace yourself and be sure you put enough money in parking machine to begin with or you'll be running in and out (if you remember).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2014The food is not as good as used to be , the pizza and salads nothing specialSpecial Features:
- Waiters with amnesiamikeDined on 10/26/2014Took friends from out of town for Sunday lunch as we live nearby. Food was good and well prepared. Bread basket better than average. Waiter was too busy doing everything but paying attention. Forgot one dish and drink, dish finally came drink never did. Attitude of a restaurant that appears not to care if they see you again. But food was good enough for a return trip, particularly if location matters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- carb loading before run, amazing!kmMIAfoodieVIPDined on 10/24/2014I wasn't expecting much of this restaurant, I don't know why, but I wouldn't have expected it to be as great as it was! Service was excellent, martinis were delicious, bartender was friendly and attentive and waitress was a gem. I had the spaghetti and meatballs, really delicious the meatballs were seasoned perfectly and noodles just right at al dente. My boyfriend had the scallops and they were a generous portion, tasty, and healthy. My friend had the clam spaghetti and was also very pleased. Apps were the best though--octopus so tender and grilled just right and the artichokes were awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Service and great foodnicolasVIPDined on 10/17/2014We had fantastic time, great service and very good italian food. Souce and pasta cooking was really greatSpecial Features:
- Italian gem South BeachTop1eaterVIPDined on 10/15/2014This is one of my go to Italian restaurants in South Beach.....You never go wrong with the food and its always a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent all aroundmiachuckVIPDined on 10/15/2014had their 3 course prefix lunch great food nice sized portions all around impressedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid ItaliankjninamherstVIPDined on 10/11/2014We had a nice evening, good service, great first courses, seconds were large portions , wine list had some some dealsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelente food in Miami BeachGramil10Dined on 10/5/2014The ambience, the food, service are outstanding. My rack of lamb and veggies were amazing. The fish served to my wife was extraordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/30/2014We went for dinner and had a very good cheese platter also burrata was good. The day we went wines had an special discount and it turned out to be reasonable. The pasta with Lobster was very good.Special Features:
- good but rushedEatAmDined on 9/28/2014The food and atmosphere at Sardinia are quite good. But I thought the service went beyond attentive and bordered on rushed. Were they pushing to turn the tables as many times as possible? Did they want to get rid of me because I was a woman dining alone? Do they treat everyone who orders a Miami Spice Month meal this way? I don't know. But in spite of the very nice gnocchi with Lamb ragu, it was less than gracious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceMabiDined on 9/27/2014Food was very good, lobster was amazing. Nice place very close to Lincoln Road.Special Features:
- Nice restaurantAguaclaraDined on 9/17/2014My Wife and I went with a friend and enjoy a nice evening, with good good, conversation and wine. We enjoyed the atmosphere, and the ambiance. Food was also very good, with reasonable portions. We would return if nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not reccomendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The place was noisy and food was bland! I would not go back or recommend it!
- Good local rest good foodDrhands1Dined on 9/13/2014We arrived on time and did not have to wait We had a good dinner the mozzarella buratta needed more taste the branzino whole fish was excellent the desserts were great tiramusu and the chocolate and vanilla mouse was amazing highly recommend. The wine was very good and the prices are reasonable highly recommend this lovely neighborhood gem that had been around as long time in a tough townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingLeszVIPDined on 8/30/2014This is our second time here. Really enjoyed diner first time not so much this time. Maybe it was our diner choices but food wasn't that inspiring. We had a number of appetizers including the vegetables and cheese. Vegetable we're boring tho cheese was very good. Waiter kept disappearing for long periods of time which didn't help. First time may have been our fault because we were not ready to order but even after we all closed our menus and asked for him it still took ten minutes to finally show up. Probably will not return. They also have a weird corkage policy-$30 when many wines on their list sell for $50. Doesn't make sense.
- Great Sardinian foodMiamifoodieDined on 8/25/2014Some of the items truly reminded me of being in Sardinia, while others were ok. The Sardinian cracker bread and pecorino are truly authentic and good. The Vitello Tonatto was really good, but the salmon was just ok. The desserts were exceptional. Both the tiramisu and the profiteroles with chocolate sauce were great and the portions were huge. The wait staff were friendly. Service was a bit slow, especially considering it was lunchtime and there were very few people there that day. Overall, it was a great lunch and I will go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Miami's classicPacoVIPDined on 8/24/2014I go very often to this restaurant since it is a "real" italian restaurant in Miami. All the dishes are delicious and besides of that they have adapted their portions to the american standards so my wife and I shared the salad and the pasta since they were very generous portions. I would definitely go again to this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place good foodJCBHIDined on 8/23/2014We will come back here again. The food and service were very good and parking at 6pm on a Saturday night was not an issue for us . The location of the restaurant i s close enough to South Beach but yet still far enough away that you don't need to deal with all the traffic and people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, but not that specialpickyfoodieDined on 8/20/2014I went with my wife and a couple for Miami Spice. I was impressed with the place. Service was great. However, the choices for the Miami Spice menu were disappointing. Nothing in particular I would go back for. My wife, which is vegetarian, ordered form the regular menu, did not find the options to be tasteful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent find in South Beach!Loribob67Dined on 8/16/2014My husband and I enjoyed an excellent dinner here. The menu is fantastic and just the antipasti is more than enough to fill you up. I would love to go back and have the pizza- only served after 10 pm and made in the wood fired oven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.JAD648Dined on 8/16/2014Restaurant honored our reservation on time. We were served by a very nice waiter named Milan who was very knowledgeable about dish preparations. We tried the octopus, veal meat balls and tuna tartare as appetizers and were very pleased. The lamb shanks and the veal chop entrees came out hot, tasty and with a delicious side of herbed mushroom risotto. I tried both and liked the lamb much better, but can't go wrong with neither. We ordered the specialty dessert of the house Sebasta (or something similar, the first one listed on the menu) and were pleasantly surprised. It's like a pastry filled with cheese, lemon zest and honey. Different and very good. Definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- A good find!KatieDined on 8/10/2014Sardinia is a casual Italian spot with great food. The wines were excellent and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- food and servicelizelaVIPDined on 8/10/2014nice food and service great family place , NICE LOCATION ALWAYS ATTENTIVE TO THEIR CUSTOMERSSpecial Features:
- food and SERVICElizelaVIPDined on 8/9/2014nice, but very noisy yesterday to talk, but overall wonderful food !! and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 510 reviews are from the Sardinia Enoteca Ristorante reviews archive.
- food and servicelizelaVIPDined on 7/20/2014always a memorable experience, good food and great hosts!!! alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad experienceDineonthebeachVIPDined on 7/11/2014Went there on a friday night. Place was empty, food very very bad. No taste, poor cooking. Not going back there.
- Try the Regional Italian DinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/10/2014Sardinia is always great for lunch, has a very good happy hour and also known for its pastas and wood-roasted foods, but we went for the fixed price Regional Italian dinner last night. What a great deal....$60 includes multiple courses (we had six or seven) and wine pairings (7 half glasses). They are doing these dinners every other Thursday through the summer and focusing on one region's wines and foods each time. Ours was Campania, but we will go back whenever we are in town for any one they offer. Our server, Milan, was excellent and added to our enjoyment this visit.Special Features:
- The next best thing to being thereRinraterVIPDined on 7/6/2014We spent our honeymoon in Sardinia and loved the food. This restaurant captured the feel with the mood and the food. Great wines and loved our serverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian choiceHCDVVIPDined on 7/4/2014Great antipasti and Burrata. Osso Bucco was great, the the veal scallopinni good also. Wine list not so great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatPabloDined on 6/19/2014Excellent place with fantastic food and service. Definitely a restaurant for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!MAC111Dined on 6/18/2014Dining at Sardinia never disappoints. Even after six or seven visits, the food always seems innovative and the service is flawless. One should take the time to explore and enjoy this unique menu. From the appetizers to main courses, one will find dishes that are seldom experienced in broad-based Italian restaurants. And if you're going to enjoy a bottle of wine, don't overlook the vintages from the Sardinia region!Special Features:
- WHEN YOU CAN'T GET TO THE ISLANDflavorsofromeDined on 6/14/2014...of Sardinia, that is. The food here is probably not all typically Sardinian, but it is very much like eating in Italy. My paccheri with tiny baby octopus and the corvina in cartoccio (in parchment paper) were superb. Our waiter Donato was professional, friendly, and completely knowledgeable about the menu.(As all waiters in Italy are!) He guided us to every selection, including the wine and dessert, to our complete satisfaction. Next time in Miami will mean another dinner at SardiniaSpecial Features:
- Great real italian foodPietroADined on 6/10/2014Reviewed and recommended by Italians! Great wines, which on Tuesdays are 40% off! One of the best Italian restaurants in MiamiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food aND SERVICElizelaVIPDined on 6/7/2014always great food and service , the host always welcomes everyone!!Special Features:
- Very nice placeOlivenDined on 6/7/2014Very good food. Authentic Italian food. Good location if you want something more quiet than Ocean Drive. Good service and well worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Many repeatsbeachdocVIPDined on 6/7/2014Have been here many times. Great collection of Italian wines, all price points. Especially enjoy opportunity to taste good wine by the glass -- they have a dispenser for the more expensive bottles that preserves the wine. Rare to be able to sample Barolos and Brunellos like that. Food is superb. Especially anything from the wood burning oven. Also a good choice for a simple snack -- good cheese selection and cured meats. Only negative is that it tends to have a high noise level - busy place, wood floors, tables closely packed -- not too crowded, but loud.Special Features:
- AdrianVIPDined on 5/30/2014I have dinner at Sardinia for more than six times during the last year but in the last two ones the food was nos so good when compared with the previous ones. Also the service was declining every time. Waiters appear and dissapear suddenly and you need to claim every single minor things that you need ( i.e. spoons, salt, pepper, etc) they need to put more attention to improve their kind of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sallieDined on 5/26/2014We are frequent diners at sardina. The service & food are always consistent ly good which is unfortunately difficult to find these days. It's a great neighborhood spot as well as a nice pla e for out of towners.Special Features:
- the real deal!NYFrankDined on 5/19/2014Authentic Sardinian / italian cuisine. Probably the best souithern Italian outside of Italy! Outstanding service and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.