724 Dublin St
New Orleans, LA 70118Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sarasbistro.com/
- Phone: 5048610565
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch- Tuesday-Friday 11:30 am - 2:30 pm
Dinner- Tuesday - Saturday 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Cristina Trinh
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Flexible and can be tailored to the patrons request.
- Private Party Facilities: Garden Room is set up for 20 guests maximum. Quiet and separete.
- Private Party Contact: Emma Feather 5048610565
A word from Sara's
A local favorite in the Riverbend area of New Orleans, serving up New American Cuisine with an eclectic blend of International flavors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sara's reviews from OpenTable diners
- bad timinghmmmDined on 7/27/2013They were on the verge of closing for the season, didnt list that on the website. Very limited selection, exited stage left....Special Features:
- Although the restaurant wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/27/2013Although the restaurant was closing soon for vacation, very few items were available. That could have been made better if the service was even halfway good and if they offered us some lagniappe in exchange for the lack of choice. The waitress did not acknowledge us for a long time, we had to get our water ourselves, she never served us bread, and we had to ask the owner for plates. She never smiled throughout. Nor did she inform us of the spice level of the dishes. Actually that was the worst service we have had in a very long time.
- A terrible dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2013Probably the worst dining experience that I can recall. My wife and I went to dinner on a Saturday evening. At the front of the house, there was only one server and a gentleman who told us he was "helping out". Service was very slow. About a third of the menu items were not available (at 8:15PM). The food was uninspired. The air conditioning was not working --- blowing hot air (at the end of July). Three tables left while we were there. We were glad to get our bill and get home to a/c. I hope this was just a bad night but I won't be returning to find out for myself. It's a shame because the location and dining space are both very good.
- Lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/9/2013This was a great local spot for high-quality, literally home-made food. The decor was a little old-looking (specifically the chairs) but otherwise this was a nice, unique spot for dinner. I would highly recommend the bacon or green curry shrimp. Try this if you are in the Carrollton area of NOLA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not meet my expectationCeasarDined on 6/28/2013Food was mediocre at best. The menu was not the same as what was online and half of the items on the new menu were not available. Happy hour is also noted on the website which does not exist. The waitress was nice.
- Sara's accommodated a partyOaktownieVIPDined on 4/30/2013Sara's accommodated a party of 12, we preordered appetizers and its delicious Viet salad with chickenr. The wine was half-price night, icing on the cake given the size of the bill otherwise. Everyone shared, though the additional order of short ribs, perfectly cooked in a spicy and sweet sauce, tended to stay near the host. Highlights were the hangar steak, cooked medium rare as ordered and delicious; the tofu entree, homemade tofu is just better than store bought; and, for some, the tempura veggies and mild green sauce accompanying most of the entrees. We could not have been better treated by the chef and waitstaff, all the food was served at the right temperature and time despite the size of the group, and a lovely time had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was overly enthusiasticCalWVIPDined on 4/27/2013The service was overly enthusiastic , which made it tedious no many how many times I told the young server I wanted to take my time and relax. The avocado with crabmeat was too salty (why not just delicious crabmeat instead of mixing it with scallions and mayo and salt?) the shrimp in coconut broth was good and a huge portion. Warning-- the street where this cozy restaurant is located is filled with giant potholes
- I recently visited Sara'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/13/2013I recently visited Sara's for the first time for dinner, with several friends. The environment was comfortable and conducive to conversation. We all enjoyed our appetizers and dishes very much. The service was very welcoming, friendly, and accommodating. Overall, a very pleasant dining experience! We plan to go back.Special Features:
- Good food, neat place, okay serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2013Very good food, service was not very good. Waitress came by only at the beginning, to deliver food, then to deliver check. Good ambience, quiet and in a neat area of New Orleans.Special Features:
- The food was overall veryNolaWonVIPDined on 3/29/2013The food was overall very good and interesting. The sauces were complex and perfectly prepared. The eclectic mix of Asian, Creole and comfort food was a delight. However the service was very slow. There was only one waitress for the entire restaurant.Special Features:
- I was very happy to find outOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/12/2013I was very happy to find out about this quaint restaurant. We enjoyed the food and servers were very friendly.Special Features:
- Courteous, helpful, thoughtfulmadncqtDined on 3/9/2013Courteous, helpful, thoughtful staff. Good food.They made our group dinner special.Special Features:
- Horrible HostMidCityGuyDined on 2/14/2013So I had one of the worst experiences at Sara's. I have eaten at Sara's 10-12 times and always been happy with the food, just not the service. This last time was a bit distressing. We made our reservations using open table, got our email, even called to verify as it was on Valentines day. When we arrived the host said our reservation did not exist and that we did not have a table. I am very easy going, but the level of disrespect this man showed us was beyond belief. Going out to eat is an experience, it starts with the host and it all needs to work together. I was very polite (as I was being pushed out the door) but I think that folks that want to eat at Sara's should be aware of how horrible a bad host can make your evening.
- Don't waste your timeLTrevinoDined on 1/22/2013I could have made the appetizer and salad myself. Salad was mixed greens on a plate and that's it. Really poor showing. Short ribs were ok but overall the experience was NOT a good value.
- Everything was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/16/2013Everything was excellent. The only complaints my friend and I had were that the first few courses did not come out as hot as they should have. Also, the waiter did not speak very loudly, in order for us to hear the descriptions of the wine and food. Overall, we were very happy, and the food was delicious. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- The wine pairing that we gotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/15/2013The wine pairing that we got was way overpriced. The food was average and the wine servings very small.
- Great food, great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/8/2013The food was excellent, I had the short rib plate and my fiancé had the coconut grilled shrimp. I would definitely recommend both dishes.Special Features:
- Really love the restaurantJoshReyherVIPDined on 1/4/2013Really love the restaurant but the chef is moving to Johnny V's on the Hill on Magazine.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, butOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/4/2013The food was excellent, but the service was not so great. For a restaurant charging these prices, you usually expect better service. It seemed that they were understaffed and weren't making the best use of the people they had. There were also a handful of changes from the fixed menu that were not communicated. But despite all of that, the food was quite good and I do recommend the restaurant. Don't take kids and don't get in a hurry, but be prepared for good food.Special Features:
- The food was so spicy I couldOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012The food was so spicy I could not eat mine. The service was friendly. I think that perhaps the menu might have indicated the level of seasoning, but maybe it was my fault for not asking. I got the Coconut Shrimp on the recommendation of one of your diners- it was the hottest thing I have ever tasted. I was surprised the server did not inquire if there was anything wrong with it.Special Features:
- Good foodEatitupVIPDined on 11/24/2012Food was very good. The eggplant appetizer was excellent . The crawfish eggrolls could be shared. Our server was attentive but did not present specials until we inquired about them after hearing the other server telling another table specials and changes to the menu.Special Features:
- My Favorite New FindOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/17/2012Absolutely amazing. I've been 3 times since my first visit less than a month ago. Their very knowledgable staff is visibly excited about the food. To me, that's the #1 sign that you're in a quality restaurant. I highly recommend the coconut shrimp. If you immediately thought of the frozen and fried shrimp at some seafood restaurants you are WRONG and in for an amazing surprise. They're sauteed in perfect spices and served with pasta. I'm not big on sweets, but the white chocolate mango cheesecake is amazing also.Special Features:
- We went there with a couponLauraUVIPDined on 11/14/2012We went there with a coupon for a chef's tasting menu. Everything was delicious. I am not a big fan of coconut shrimp but they were perfectly cooked and a creamy, curry sauce that was not too sweet. The hanger steak was perfectly rare and tasty. There was cheese cake for dessert that was light and just the right size. I wish I lived in New Orleans so I could become a regular.Special Features:
- We did the chef's tastingRuefanDined on 11/3/2012We did the chef's tasting menu and it was very good - I would say the last two dishes were a little large, but otherwise very good.Special Features:
- Despite taking a 'blow' fromSkitripper1VIPDined on 9/7/2012Despite taking a 'blow' from Isaac, Owner and Chef, Ganesh, is once again serving up some of the best and more underated meals in the Garden District. We are from DC, but always make a point to visit Sara's when in town.Special Features:
- A delicious dinner in theroundtheworlddinerDined on 6/23/2012A delicious dinner in the Carrollton area of New Orleans. Interesting menu that combines Indian cuisine with local Creole/New Orleans favorites. As visitors to NOLA, we were happy to find this neighborhood gem on Open Table!Special Features:
- Sara's is one of the mostBabetteDined on 6/20/2012Sara's is one of the most underrated restaurants in New Orleans. Tucked into the Riverbend, it is often almost empty for no good reason at all. It has an interesting Asian menu with New Orleans twist and there's always something really good to eat. It has big comfy chairs so you'll be happy to take your time over your meal. The bar serves great martinis as well as other beverages. The service is relaxed and friendly.Special Features:
- Waitress was very nice andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2012Waitress was very nice and apologetic, but service was terribly slow. Food was very good though!