Saran Indian Cuisine
5157 Lee Hwy.
Arlington, VA 22207Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Saran Indian Cuisine
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://sarancuisine.com/
- Phone: (703) 533-3600
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Tuesday - Sunday: 4:30pm- 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Indian
- Executive Chef: Ravinder Hazrah
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Saran Indian Cuisine
Many people think that vegetarians are doomed to a life of salad and tofu. Nonsense! Saran is an authentic Indian restaurant that serves delicious, traditional vegetarian meals full of aroma and flavors. The menu features dishes from various regions, showcasing the rich flavors, spices, and presentation of the fun, colorful culture.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Saran Indian Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
- Closed before posted hoursLeftWithoutEatingVIPDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I made a reservation for 9, noting that the restaurant's hours were short for a Sunday, closing at 9:30. We got there at 8:50 and were told that they were closed for the night. When I mentioned that we had reservations, they said they got a call from Open Table canceling our reservations - clearly not the case. We were very hungry but left when it was clear that the restaurant wouldn't serve us, regardless of their posted hours.
- Really delicious!irishmommaDined on 6/25/2014We're not Indian, but we like Indian food. Have had some bad experiences, but this was a genuine delight. Really delicious. We will return!Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/15/2014The food is terrific and the service is friendly. Best overall Indian restaurant in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden treasureSpaGirl54VIPDined on 10/12/2013Saran has only vegetarian Indian cuisone from the north and south of India. We had a variety of dishes that were all very good and moderately priced. Its located in a strip of ethnic stores on Lee Hwy and George Mason DriveSpecial Features:
- Great Indian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2013This was our first time at Saran. Our server was polite and accommodating. He was very knowledgable about the food and how it was prepared. The food was great and flavorful. We have been many Indian restaurants and we pleasantly surprised to see some meni items that we had never seen before. Overall, we enjoyed our time there!I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapponitedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/12/2013Although waiter was very nice, she did not understand English very well and made a mistake with our first course order. When we talked to the manager he was pleasant, but would not bring us the dish we asked for and just mentioned that the dish was similar anyway. there was a draft coming from the door when it opened. Thank goodness it was not a terribly cold night. Although the prices were reasonable, the portions were tiny! I have to say that the dished that we ordered are not as good as the equivalent frozen items for sale at Trader Joes's!
- You will love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/29/2012The singular drawback of this restaurant is the very cold temperature in the room especially when people enter and leave the restaurant. Every single dish here has been outstanding and I have made it my goal to try everything on the menu. The staff gives excellent recommendations as well.
- Delicious vegetarian foodOsoHungryVIPDined on 12/5/2012Very tasty vegetarian Indian cuisine. The vegetable samosas were well-seasoned, but it was clear they'd been prepared earlier in the day and were just okay. The paneer tikka was tasty, but they only give you the cheese with whatever sauce it absorbed and no extra sauce (the first time I've ever seen this); they were very tasty and clearly more fresh than the samosas. The Sitafal Curry (pumpkin cooked w/ onion, spices & herbs) was AWESOME. I could have ordered another one and gobbled it down. The na'an was very fresh and quite delicious. The Jackfruit curry was also very tasty and spicy. For dessert we had the rusgulla (sweet cheese balls in rose water) and it was tasty.Special Features:
- Excellent Indian FoodJudiVIPDined on 7/14/2012The food was delicious and the staff very gracious. We had the lunch buffet, and it was reasonably priced and very tasty!Special Features:
- perfect little vegetarianOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/22/2012perfect little vegetarian spot.. have indian & punjabi food. yum!Special Features:
- our first visit--food wasTerryDined on 4/13/2012our first visit--food was very good; we'll definitely go back; hidden gem!!Special Features:
- Very pleasant meal. ThisILMRBDined on 4/7/2012Very pleasant meal. This is a real local place that is family run. One of the sons, Tej, was our waiter and he was superb - helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. The food is all vegetarian and was excellent.