423 Amsterdam Avenue
New York, NY 10024Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sarabethswest.com/
- Phone: 2124966280x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 3:30pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Tea Time: Monday - Friday: 3:30pm - 5:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 5:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Stephen Myers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Carlos Blanco 2124966280x
- Entertainment: Live Jazz on Thursdays from 6:00pm - 9:00pm.
A word from Sarabeth's West
Known for its colorful homestyle cooking, warm atmosphere and family-friendly service, locals and visitors have felt at home at this very first Sarabeth’s location for nearly 30 years. Among many other cultural attractions on the Upper West Side, we’re within walking distance of The American Museum of Natural History, The Beacon Theater, The Children’s Museum of Manhattan, Central Park and Riverside Park.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sarabeth's West reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (64)neighborhood gem (51)great for lunch (39)fit for foodies (28)kid-friendly (21)great for outdoor dining (20)special occasion (18)good for groups (16)romantic (10)hot spot (6)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- OkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Food was good, especially crab guacamole. Pleasent server, atmospere didn't impress.Special Features:
- Absolutely WONDERFUL!jesslovesgreatfoodDined on 9/5/2014I celebrated my birthday at Sarabeth's this September and could not have been happier! The lobster Diavolo is incredible, the tomato soup is the best I have ever had and the dessert--chocolate truffle cake-- was excellent too! We had great service and everyone loved their meals. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great breakfast!NycTouristDined on 8/29/2014We went on the recommendation of a friend and it was a great stop before heading over to the American Museum of Natural History.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor food and expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014bad service, brought our steak our before we had finished apps, then took it away for over 15 minutes and brought it back COLD!
- MeetingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014.. I had to schedule last minute a 9 am meeting place with a vendor from London ... this place worked out very well.. thank youSpecial Features:
- Yum!foodfiestaDined on 8/19/2014The lemon ricotta pancake was excellent. The crab cake sandwich was awesome. You could taste real lump crabs in it. Seafood Cobb salad was great but a bit pricey. However, we ordered Peach Crumb Pie for dessert. It tasted peach in a can and the crust was stale. We only ate vanilla gelato which was served along with a pie. Gelato was good. We wished that we had ordered just gelato instead.Special Features:
- PiggiesPuggieDined on 8/18/2014Pretty good food but way overpriced for breakfast. The quality of the service has really declined. It wasn't busy when I was there, but it was impossible to get a second cup of coffee or the waitress' attention. I'm looking for a new spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RickDined on 8/6/2014Great breakfast! I highly recommend ordering the extra basket of muffins... excellent!Special Features:
- weekday late breakfastRYTTERDined on 8/5/2014Parked right in front of the restaurant. Made reservations 4 or 5 days in advance. Got a table right in the middle of the first floor, very noisy as voices were coming from all around us. If I had known, I would have preferred to sit at either side of the room and not the middle, but the table we got was what was prepared for us and the sides were all filled. Had out-of-town guests and met them in Manhattan. Called ahead concerning food allergy for one of the kids, they were understanding and completely accommodating - wonderfully assuring. The food was normal, but considering the price, the cost performance was probably low to average for Manhattan.Special Features:
- Very Accommodating!karenkayeVIPDined on 8/4/2014Had asked for a quiet table for conversation and we got exactly that. Service was ver good and patient with special requests, indecision, diverse orders, etc. all the food was excellent including the crab and guacamole appetizer recommended by our server. I only had an appetizer after having a large lunch earlier in the day so I would love to go back and try some of the other options.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GroupMnydinesDined on 8/1/2014Made reservations online had two people drop and they did not give us a hard time. Our server never rushed us and made sure coffee was hot! Food delicious and plate changes were not an issue. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UWS StaplenycmommaVIPDined on 8/1/2014You can't beat the lemon ricotta pancakes nor the four flowers juice for brunch. Very consistent. Good to beat the rush though because the lines re crazy long.Special Features:
- disappointing dayDisappointedx1Dined on 7/31/2014this was my second visit this month . Today the steel cut oats did not appear to be steel cut, they were the normal size of oatmeal flakes and very soft and creamy rather than the consistency one finds in steel cut oats. The granola was overpopulated with sunflower seeds. Lastly my companion and I had to raise our voices to hear each other because the noise level was so high including children cryingI would recommend this to a friend.
- YumLilIKeDined on 7/29/2014Delicious all around. The Biscuits are perfect. Shrimp risotto and Red snapper were divine. Cookies so, so when compared with the main meal. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Yum plus classYummyDined on 7/24/2014Had brunch. The food choices excellent and food delicious and generous. Not rushed was able to chat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Concert DiningMissionbrideDined on 7/22/2014We went here for a concert at Beacon theatre, so we unfortunately didn't have time to try any of the appetizers or desserts. But the creamy tomato soup was very good, it is very rich though. Our server was nice and offered to split it for us which was just the right amount, if we had each ordered one it would have been too much soup before eating a full entree. We had the shrimp risotto and the roasted chicken both were good. If we go to another show at the Beacon we would go to Sarabeths again.Special Features:
- SARA BETH'S IS SCRUMPTIOUSbevcowVIPDined on 7/19/2014Wonderful wonderful wonderful. met friends for dinner. we each had something different: filet mignon, lobster prix fix, lamb shank, chicken. each dish was prepared to our specifications. we so enjoyed our meals. the only drawback was the noise level. it was very difficult to carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Wonderful, wonderfulmadymacDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I went there for dinner (had been there the previous night for a late dessert). Staff is attentive and friendly, food is terrific. I had the lamb shank, which was very flavorful and tender. Peach pie for dessert was sheer perfection. Great for people watching too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVESouthernGirlTXDined on 7/14/2014Great food variation followed by incredible service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sarabeth's WestGVdinerDined on 7/11/2014This is the original location. The staff was friendly & attentive, the food preparation and service prompt, and the meal filling. I ordered the roasted chicken salad & was pleased to see, unlike most chicken salads - which generally are mostly mixed greens with some chicken - this rustic salad was mostly chicken with some hearty vegetables included. The salad did come with fingerling potatoes despite my request those be left out, but fortunately was a very minor ingredient compared to the chicken, asparagus & mushrooms. A note the prices are on the expensive end, but worth it for a treat. The chocolate pot de creme dessert was nothing special, however - like any chocolate pudding mix - so recommend trying other items on the dessert menu.Special Features:
- Good place for breakfast/brunch butcarolynVIPDined on 7/11/2014This place is a staple in the neighborhood but I think they take their reputation for granted.The service wasn't very good and they seemed distracted in terms of whose bill it was or the order. I think they can't take all of that for granted with so many new places opening upSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to missOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014just an excellent brunch, excellent waiter and a great local gem!Special Features:
- Formidable!NiecyDined on 6/26/2014Enjoyed the ambiance and the food was superb. Great for an evening with friends. Music was a big plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014The service was great, the staff friendly and willing to help, the ambiance was fantastic. The food....not so good. Very bland and the filet mignon was overrun with gravy, the meal was a bit of a letdown after everything else was so good......Special Features:
- Sarabeth'sMonsignorDined on 6/21/2014We enjoyed a very nice dinner here after a show at the Beacon. The food was great and the service friendly and attentive. A lovely neighborhood made our experience exceptional.Special Features:
- Great spot on the Upper West SideRubellDined on 6/21/2014My friend and I went to a Broadway show and then to the Beacon Theater. In between, we chose to have an early dinner at Sarabeth's. What a pleasant surprise! Food was great, wait staff was attentive and the atmosphere was open and friendly.Special Features:
- Sarabeth's, Great Food, Poor PriceChiefDined on 6/21/2014I have to admit, Sarabeth's offerings are some of the best a restaurant of this type has to offer. Fresh ingredients, properly and professionally prepared and presented with style. We had brunch on a Sunday and all the egg entrees were cooked to perfection as were the accompaniments. My problem was the price. New York has an abundance of fantastic restaurants that offer just as good and well prepared food as Sarabeth's at well below what Sarabeth's is getting. I saw no added value because Sarabeth's was the purveyor, so I was disappointed. Great food, not so great a price.Special Features:
- Always a winner!Love2eatinnycDined on 6/19/2014I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Sarabeth's Upper West Side on a Thursday evening. The food was amazing and the live jazz was a bonus. Our server could not have nicer or more helpful! I would definitely recommend this place. The brunch/breakfast menu is also amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, basic foodMirabelleDined on 6/19/2014The menu is not eclectic--just full of goodness, like braised lamb shanks and lobster mac'n'cheese. There is something for everyone. The food was served hot and was delicious. Everyone at the table ordered something different and enjoyed their meal. The desserts were delicious. Live jazz definitely enhances the experience. Lots of neighborhood locals and "regulars" in the crowd. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Lovely spotOllieDined on 6/18/2014I've visited Sarabeth's (Upper West Side) a number of times and have never been disappointed. The staff are always very pleasant, the setting is comfortable and the food is delicious. My girlfriend is allergic to dairy but there of mains that she can have - and is always very happy with them! We think it's a lovely spot for lunch or dinner and will continue to go back! The online table-booking tool is very handy, too. Would happily recommend!Special Features:
- Not greatNewyorkerDined on 6/16/2014Service really slow. Food mediocre, especially for the price.
- Local FoodieLocalFoodieVIPDined on 6/12/2014Sarabeth's never disappoints. By far my favorite restaurant in the City. The food is exquisite and consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DanDofVADined on 6/10/2014Came for our 36th wedding anniversary from VA Requested a window seat and was waiting for us when we arrived. Food and service was wonderful! We were there in evening; I had the snapper and my husband the flatiron steak. Both were made to perfection. Wish I lived in area, would eat here all the time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friendly air & nice mealHJkimDined on 6/9/2014The service was very good. They all were very kind. I ate dinner with my friend and we all were satisfied with foods. I think the tomato soup is great and it's enough as a meal.Special Features:
- Wonderful BrunchSarahLovesFoodDined on 6/5/2014Took my mom here for brunch, we had a great time. Ate delicious omelets and scones, my mom also got some fabulous iced tea. Very reasonable price point, I will go back!Special Features:
- Simply SatisfyinghudsonlmDined on 5/29/2014I came to Sarabeth's West for a night with some girlfriends and I thoroughly enjoyed my time. Although I heard rave reviews about the brunch fare, the dinner menu was great and the food was delicious. The drinks were top notch as well. The service was decent, although the waitresses were singing (blaming it on boredom and a near empty restaurant), which bothered me. Another serious restaurant pet peeve, which is common in NYC, is that we got grief over splitting the check. I wrote out what each person got and their method of payment, but had to fix it when the waitress realized I hadn't put exact amounts for her. How hard is it to split a check? It's 2014!Special Features:
- LynneLynneDined on 5/28/2014Always a delightful experience. Still belongs to NYC residents!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant start to the morningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/28/2014It had good food, nice service was provided, and it was a very pleasant atmosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just for brunchmusicdocVIPDined on 5/24/2014Although sometimes impossible to get in for brunch, and well-deserved, dinner is a more sedate and non-stressed experience. It's a relief from the stressed bar crowd nearby and the quality is admirable. No, it's not trend-setting or the latest fad; it's reliable, consistent, and always satisfying. It's called good cooking.Special Features:
- The following 697 reviews are from the Sarabeth's West reviews archive.
- deliciousJamieNYCVIPDined on 5/24/2014I have never had a bad meal at Sarabeth's. As usual, this dinner was delicious. The service was accomodating and curteous. Seating was comfy. Sarabeth's is one of my neighborhood favorites.Special Features: