423 Amsterdam Avenue
New York, NY 10024Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sarabethswest.com/
- Phone: 2124966280x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 3:30pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Tea Time: Monday - Friday: 3:30pm - 5:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 5:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Stephen Myers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Carlos Blanco 2124966280x
- Entertainment: Live Jazz on Thursdays from 6:00pm - 9:00pm.
A word from Sarabeth's West
Known for its colorful homestyle cooking, warm atmosphere and family-friendly service, locals and visitors have felt at home at this very first Sarabeth’s location for nearly 30 years. Among many other cultural attractions on the Upper West Side, we’re within walking distance of The American Museum of Natural History, The Beacon Theater, The Children’s Museum of Manhattan, Central Park and Riverside Park.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sarabeth's West reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (61)neighborhood gem (51)fit for foodies (37)great for lunch (37)good for groups (26)kid-friendly (23)special occasion (17)great for outdoor dining (17)romantic (8)hot spot (8)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/24/2014Great spot, with usually consistent food. This experience left me underwhelmed. They took at least 5 minutes to offer us water, and I had to flag down the staff to take our order. Food was ok, though a tad underseasoned.Special Features:
- Lovely RestaurantYankeefan1VIPDined on 10/18/2014This restaurant is defined by the service. There was not a moment when our water glasses were not filled. Our waitress, Warby Parker glasses and cannot remember her name, was delightful. The food is simple but is probably more of a brunch spot. Dinner is a good option for a quiet evening with friends. We were able to get in at the last minute and treated extremely well. Would love to try for brunch.Special Features:
- delicious, excellent foodnoonisVIPDined on 10/18/2014Great food and good service as per usual. Sarabeth's doesn't disappoint.Special Features:
- Nice ladies lunch!NJladyDined on 10/14/2014Perfect place to relax after museum visiting. Delicious food yummy drinks. Relaxing atmosphere. Great find.Special Features:
- Perfect Family Get TogetherFoodieFunNJDined on 10/13/2014We hadn't seen our daughter's in-laws since the wedding two years ago. The six of us got together at Sarabeth's on the Upper West Side and had a great evening. They gave us a great banquet table in the back. Lively without being noisy, the atmosphere was perfect for catching up. And the food and service was excellent. Recommend Tuna Tartare to start, also great big but light homemade chips with the tasty Crab Meat Guacamole. Shrimp Risotto and Snapper were favorite mains. And don't miss the "Pickled" Bloody Mary.Special Features:
- Mid-week BrunchHealthyMealChoicesNYCDined on 10/9/2014My server accommodated my dietary needs and answered my question about meal preparation with a genuine smile.Special Features:
- Love SarabethsRubellDined on 10/8/2014Been her before. Great place for a nice pre-concert dinner.Special Features:
- Good experienceAnigVIPDined on 10/6/2014Hadn't been here for dinner in quite a while and was pleasantly surprised at both the quality of the food and the service. An all around positive dining experience.
- always greatteevozDined on 9/29/2014Sarabeth is reliable and consistently excellent. Fresh, tasty, and beautiful - they take care with details. Special dietary needs met perfectly, with a smile. Upper West Side at its best.Special Features:
- Never Again for DinnerssbelltxVIPDined on 9/27/2014Both food quality and customer service were not up to par. We ordered goat cheese ravioli that came out seemly microwaved. They were hard and chewy. They did exchange it but we paid for the new dish which was find if the manager would have at least come over to check on us No such luck. Ill stick to brunch.Special Features:
- My First Visit, But Not My LastBKtheRetireeDined on 9/24/2014Sarabeth's West has been an Upper West Side staple for many years, yet I never visited. So, I took the opportunity to have dinner with a good friend - good move. After our dinner, I was sorry to have waited so long to try this restaurant. The restaurant has a really pretty and calm interior, making a great first impression. And by the way, the food was outstanding. My kale caesar salad was fresh with a strong parmesan coating and creamy and delicious sauce. My friend's garden salad was enormous, but also filled with fresh, colorful ingredients. Our entrees - his shrimp risotto, my lamb shank (Fred Flintstone-sized) were the best we've had, no joke. A delicious chocolate truffle cake rounded out a great meal.Special Features:
- Perfect place to endulgeTheDamajaDined on 9/22/2014My wife and I are calorie counting fanatics, but we like to loosen the belt a little bit about once a month to indulge in a nice big meal. This was the perfect place to get the job done! We both carb'd up on some cheesy goodness. I had the adult grilled cheese & tomato soup and she had the lobster mac & cheese. We were both satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great visitFriends2seeDined on 9/22/2014Met friends from CA who I hadn't seen in 5 years. Food was very good and our waitress was most pleasant. We spent 3 hours catching up and never felt like they were anxious for us to leave. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/18/2014Came here for a weekday lunch with my (cranky, impatient) grandfather who was in town visiting. Our server was incredibly patient and helpful and made sure he was taken care of and had everything he needed - whether that was a few extra seconds to look at the menu or a cup of just ice. The food at any Sarabeth's location is consistently great. The franchise has become my new go-to spot whenever relatives are in from out of town - there's something on the menu for every palate, it is always delicious, and the service is superb.Special Features:
- OkAngVoyDined on 9/17/2014Food was good, especially crab guacamole. Pleasent server, atmospere didn't impress.Special Features:
- Absolutely WONDERFUL!jesslovesgreatfoodDined on 9/5/2014I celebrated my birthday at Sarabeth's this September and could not have been happier! The lobster Diavolo is incredible, the tomato soup is the best I have ever had and the dessert--chocolate truffle cake-- was excellent too! We had great service and everyone loved their meals. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great breakfast!NycTouristDined on 8/29/2014We went on the recommendation of a friend and it was a great stop before heading over to the American Museum of Natural History.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor food and expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014bad service, brought our steak our before we had finished apps, then took it away for over 15 minutes and brought it back COLD!
- MeetingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014.. I had to schedule last minute a 9 am meeting place with a vendor from London ... this place worked out very well.. thank youSpecial Features:
- Yum!foodfiestaDined on 8/19/2014The lemon ricotta pancake was excellent. The crab cake sandwich was awesome. You could taste real lump crabs in it. Seafood Cobb salad was great but a bit pricey. However, we ordered Peach Crumb Pie for dessert. It tasted peach in a can and the crust was stale. We only ate vanilla gelato which was served along with a pie. Gelato was good. We wished that we had ordered just gelato instead.Special Features:
- PiggiesPuggieDined on 8/18/2014Pretty good food but way overpriced for breakfast. The quality of the service has really declined. It wasn't busy when I was there, but it was impossible to get a second cup of coffee or the waitress' attention. I'm looking for a new spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RickDined on 8/6/2014Great breakfast! I highly recommend ordering the extra basket of muffins... excellent!Special Features:
- weekday late breakfastRYTTERDined on 8/5/2014Parked right in front of the restaurant. Made reservations 4 or 5 days in advance. Got a table right in the middle of the first floor, very noisy as voices were coming from all around us. If I had known, I would have preferred to sit at either side of the room and not the middle, but the table we got was what was prepared for us and the sides were all filled. Had out-of-town guests and met them in Manhattan. Called ahead concerning food allergy for one of the kids, they were understanding and completely accommodating - wonderfully assuring. The food was normal, but considering the price, the cost performance was probably low to average for Manhattan.Special Features:
- Very Accommodating!karenkayeVIPDined on 8/4/2014Had asked for a quiet table for conversation and we got exactly that. Service was ver good and patient with special requests, indecision, diverse orders, etc. all the food was excellent including the crab and guacamole appetizer recommended by our server. I only had an appetizer after having a large lunch earlier in the day so I would love to go back and try some of the other options.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GroupMnydinesDined on 8/1/2014Made reservations online had two people drop and they did not give us a hard time. Our server never rushed us and made sure coffee was hot! Food delicious and plate changes were not an issue. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UWS StaplenycmommaVIPDined on 8/1/2014You can't beat the lemon ricotta pancakes nor the four flowers juice for brunch. Very consistent. Good to beat the rush though because the lines re crazy long.Special Features:
- disappointing dayDisappointedx1Dined on 7/31/2014this was my second visit this month . Today the steel cut oats did not appear to be steel cut, they were the normal size of oatmeal flakes and very soft and creamy rather than the consistency one finds in steel cut oats. The granola was overpopulated with sunflower seeds. Lastly my companion and I had to raise our voices to hear each other because the noise level was so high including children cryingI would recommend this to a friend.
- YumLilIKeDined on 7/29/2014Delicious all around. The Biscuits are perfect. Shrimp risotto and Red snapper were divine. Cookies so, so when compared with the main meal. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Yum plus classYummyDined on 7/24/2014Had brunch. The food choices excellent and food delicious and generous. Not rushed was able to chat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Concert DiningMissionbrideDined on 7/22/2014We went here for a concert at Beacon theatre, so we unfortunately didn't have time to try any of the appetizers or desserts. But the creamy tomato soup was very good, it is very rich though. Our server was nice and offered to split it for us which was just the right amount, if we had each ordered one it would have been too much soup before eating a full entree. We had the shrimp risotto and the roasted chicken both were good. If we go to another show at the Beacon we would go to Sarabeths again.Special Features:
- SARA BETH'S IS SCRUMPTIOUSbevcowVIPDined on 7/19/2014Wonderful wonderful wonderful. met friends for dinner. we each had something different: filet mignon, lobster prix fix, lamb shank, chicken. each dish was prepared to our specifications. we so enjoyed our meals. the only drawback was the noise level. it was very difficult to carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Wonderful, wonderfulmadymacDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I went there for dinner (had been there the previous night for a late dessert). Staff is attentive and friendly, food is terrific. I had the lamb shank, which was very flavorful and tender. Peach pie for dessert was sheer perfection. Great for people watching too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVESouthernGirlTXDined on 7/14/2014Great food variation followed by incredible service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sarabeth's WestGVdinerDined on 7/11/2014This is the original location. The staff was friendly & attentive, the food preparation and service prompt, and the meal filling. I ordered the roasted chicken salad & was pleased to see, unlike most chicken salads - which generally are mostly mixed greens with some chicken - this rustic salad was mostly chicken with some hearty vegetables included. The salad did come with fingerling potatoes despite my request those be left out, but fortunately was a very minor ingredient compared to the chicken, asparagus & mushrooms. A note the prices are on the expensive end, but worth it for a treat. The chocolate pot de creme dessert was nothing special, however - like any chocolate pudding mix - so recommend trying other items on the dessert menu.Special Features:
- Good place for breakfast/brunch butcarolynVIPDined on 7/11/2014This place is a staple in the neighborhood but I think they take their reputation for granted.The service wasn't very good and they seemed distracted in terms of whose bill it was or the order. I think they can't take all of that for granted with so many new places opening upSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to missOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014just an excellent brunch, excellent waiter and a great local gem!Special Features:
- The following 714 reviews are from the Sarabeth's West reviews archive.
- Formidable!NiecyDined on 6/26/2014Enjoyed the ambiance and the food was superb. Great for an evening with friends. Music was a big plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014The service was great, the staff friendly and willing to help, the ambiance was fantastic. The food....not so good. Very bland and the filet mignon was overrun with gravy, the meal was a bit of a letdown after everything else was so good......Special Features:
- Sarabeth'sMonsignorDined on 6/21/2014We enjoyed a very nice dinner here after a show at the Beacon. The food was great and the service friendly and attentive. A lovely neighborhood made our experience exceptional.Special Features:
- Great spot on the Upper West SideRubellDined on 6/21/2014My friend and I went to a Broadway show and then to the Beacon Theater. In between, we chose to have an early dinner at Sarabeth's. What a pleasant surprise! Food was great, wait staff was attentive and the atmosphere was open and friendly.Special Features: