Sara The Wine Bar
3936 Sepulveda Blvd
Culver City, CA 90230Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Sara The Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sarathewinebar.com/
- Phone: 3103135522
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Sara The Wine Bar
Sara is originally from Italy. She moved to Los Angeles and worked at some high end Italian restaurants in Beverly Hills. She was also an investing partner in a local Italian restaurant. Sara The Wine Bar is her latest creation. She wanted to create a warm, classy yet not pretentious place to enjoy wine with friends and other interesting people. She utilizes her mother's Italian recipes to hand make most of the items on the menu. You will only find authentic recipes at Sara The Wine Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sara The Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- We always enjoy the deliciousJackVIPDined on 12/20/2013We always enjoy the delicious entrees. Personal warm service. Thank you!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly service. DeliciousJackVIPDined on 12/8/2013Friendly service. Delicious food. Inexpensive wine to boot! Thank you!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly service, tasty pastries.JackVIPDined on 11/15/2013Friendly service, tasty pastries. Always enjoyable! Thank you.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food-strange locationzilchikDined on 9/12/2013Sophisticated, fresh cuisine is beautifully presented. Bistro Laurent is well worth a visit but it's on a traffic-clogged stretch of Sepulveda and easy to drive right past. Best to approach from the south so you don't have to turn in across multiple traffic lanes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super friendly staff poursJackVIPDined on 8/17/2013Super friendly staff pours generous glasses of good wine. Delicious bistro fare. Thank you!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Complain about a ThingcolorpinkDined on 8/15/2013This little neighborhood restaurant is pretty much no-frills. Although it nods to French cuisine, what we had really bore more resemblance to good American food. Everything was fresh and the service was fine, but certainly nothing special and I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here again, not with so many other really outstanding spots to choose from.
- Delicious crepes with interestingJackVIPDined on 6/29/2013Delicious crepes with interesting specials. Inexpensive wines served with a smile. Thank you!
- Friendly professional staff.JackVIPDined on 5/24/2013Friendly professional staff. Delicious bistro dishes. Reasonable prices on both food and wines. Thank you.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky find!MerCysVIPDined on 5/23/2013Thanks to our Open Table app we stumbled upon this great little spot. I expected a basic meal to satiate my need of a decent lunch. Instead we received a fabulously fresh meal, with appearance and taste to delight. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- You Must Do BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2013This place seems like it might be a good idea for casual French-inspired meal. But the crepes are just nowhere near what you find in Paris and the service would make a Parisian fighting mad. Continue your search.
- We were disappointed withOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/12/2013We were disappointed with the Sunday Brunch on Mother's Day- the crepes were wilted and looked like they had sat on the counter for a while! The other dishes were below par- we were hoping for a good French Bistro experience as the website claimed with interesting dishes (Crab pupusas!!) but it was not what we hoped for-We expect with some criticism their food will improve.
- Classic crepes. Fresh salads.JackVIPDined on 5/11/2013Classic crepes. Fresh salads. Good wine. Very friendly staff. Thank you!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty pastries!JackVIPDined on 5/5/2013Friendly service. Delicious crepes, salads and bistro fare. Inexpensive wines. Thank you!I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant was incrediblyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2013This restaurant was incredibly accommodating and went above the expectations I had. With 2 children (5 months and 16 months) in our group they never rushed us and asked if there was anything that could be done to assist with the children. I had called ahead of time to let them know that we would have 2-3 children in our group and if there would be any challenges. The owner and I spoke on the phone and he assured me that there would not be a challenge; as a new parent it has become important to me to find restaurants that are kid-friendly and this restaurant thrived. We were there for almost 2 hours and we were never rushed to leave; in fact I had to ask for the check because our group needed to get home.Special Features:
- Nice little restaurantmommysnrnDined on 4/19/2013Stopped in for dinner, very quiet. Service was fast, he was knowledgable and made great suggestions. The food was wonderful, steak cooked just right. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a lovely, peacefulsunsetpattyVIPDined on 3/30/2013This is a lovely, peaceful little neighborhood place, specializing in crepes, and with very large portions. The appetizer with potatoes and olives is really good and big enough to share. Wine reasonably priced. Only open Thursday-Saturday.Special Features:
- Delicious food. Warm welcomingJackVIPDined on 3/22/2013Delicious food. Warm welcoming staff. We always enjoy our meals here.
- Delicious creeps and tastyJackVIPDined on 3/16/2013Delicious creeps and tasty specials. Don't miss the pastries, we always enjoy a couple for breakfast the next day. Thank you!Special Features:
- all u can eat Indian food for $10justoKVIPDined on 3/12/2013THe all u can eat Indian Food was delicious...not sure it went with the atmosphere & decor of Bistro Laurant, but the food was really good and was very filling.Special Features:
- We have been driving pastsunsetpattyVIPDined on 3/9/2013We have been driving past Bistro Laurent, wondering about it, and decided to give it a try. What a nice little neighborhood place - but where are the people? We were the only ones there. There is a convenient parking lot next door. The specialty is crepes and we loved our more than ample Normandy crepe with apples, chicken and Calvados. The wine is very affordable. We had a first course which was a tower with potatoes, olives, etc. and delicious. Bistro Laurent is an offshoot of the main business, which is a bakery, and it is only open Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I hope that more people will try it so it doesn't go out of business. And very, very reasonable.Special Features:
- Very tasty! Crafty crepes.JackVIPDined on 2/24/2013Very tasty! Crafty crepes. Succulent salads. Inexpensive wines. Always enjoyable. Thank you.Special Features:
- We tried the La ClassiqueMeegsDined on 2/23/2013We tried the La Classique (Ham, Swiss Cheese) and La Champignon (Sautéed Mushrooms, Béchamel, Turkey Bacon, Swiss Cheese) crepes, the Goat Cheese empanada, and the Lemon Crepe dessert. It was all very good. Everything was fresh and light tasting.
- Went for Valentine's Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2013Went for Valentine's Day Dinner and food was amazing! Service was great and waiter gladly substituted non-alcoholic drink (instead of the included glass of champagne) for a pregnant lady! :)Special Features:
- Neighborhood Diamond!justoKVIPDined on 2/14/2013The Crab Corn Chowder soup and the baked brie pastry was delicious. The Osso Bucco was devine and of course the best part was the Rose' Champagne and the Chocolate Cheesecake and Croissant Bread Pudding (coffee hint) and Chocolate Tart all ala mode of course... We enjoy the bread weekly from the Mar Vista's Farmer's Market and are happy the restaurant has opened. We can walk to the restaurant, so it will be one of our favorite restaurants for sure.Special Features:
- There was only one over-workedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/2/2013There was only one over-worked waiter the night we were there. But he was very nice and charming. Unfortunately, two of us had steak and two of us had the special pasta of the day....and our consensus was that the food was over-salty. The dessert was tasty, but not spectacular. The price was moderate.
- Delicious!JackVIPDined on 2/1/2013Thank you for a really enjoyable meal. Evening special was Couscous with lamb, chicken and merguez. Plentiful wine reasonably priced.
- Absolutely delicious bistroJackVIPDined on 1/27/2013Absolutely delicious bistro fare. Super friendly staff makes visiting a pleasure. Casual setting with inexpensive wines for sipping. We always take pastries home for later. Thank you!!Special Features:
- This out of the way resturantavipVIPDined on 1/19/2013This out of the way resturant serves excellent food, especially the crapes, with friendly service and very reasonable prices. Try it and enjoySpecial Features:
- Small, quaint, quietjunkgirlVIPDined on 1/18/2013Bistro Laurent is small, quiet, and quaint. I've eaten here several times, and the food is consistently good--especially the crepes. It's a shame the place isn't busier! Each time I've gone, I was one of the few people there. The plus side to that is great, attentive service with little wait time. The only issue I've had (and it's a small one) is that each time I've gone, it has been cold inside, which meant I had to keep my coat on during dinner.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood spot.WLAMomVIPDined on 1/13/2013We come here often. It's a cute little neighborhood spot. Service can be a bit slow at times, but the servers are very nice.Special Features:
- I went there with my girlfriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/29/2012I went there with my girlfriends for Sat brunch. It was relaxing atmosphere and foods were good. Enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Great brunchWineNinjaVIPDined on 12/2/2012Fabulous brunch!!, I had the waffle and it was amazing. Soft and delicious. Only open till 230 on Sunday.Special Features:
- Glad we found this friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/2/2012Glad we found this friendly neighborhood spot. Very kid friendly and just what you want from a relaxing Sunday neighborhood brunch.Special Features:
- Really good crepes, saladsJackVIPDined on 12/1/2012Really good crepes, salads and specials. Delicious pastries. Friendly and attentive service. Thank you!
- Delicious bistro fare. FriendlyJackVIPDined on 11/25/2012Delicious bistro fare. Friendly attentive service. Inexpensive wine by the glass. Thank you!
- Excellent bistro! InexpensiveJackVIPDined on 11/8/2012Excellent bistro! Inexpensive wines accompany reasonably priced delicious French bistro food. Thank you.
- Paris in Culver CityPKitty319VIPDined on 11/3/2012Fun little French place in the random middle of Culver City. Felt like I was on vacation in Paris, the food was that good. :) Went with a friend of mine who grew up in Paris and she agreed. yay Bistro Laurent! P.S. gotta have the croissants!!Special Features:
- Food was pretty good. LovedCCfoodiemomDined on 11/2/2012Food was pretty good. Loved the lamb meatballs on skewers. Took a long time to get our food considering that there were only two other tables with people. Steaks were ok, but that was the strangest looking filet mignon I've ever seen. I would have called it a hangar steak. But, we also ordered a hangar steak and that did look and taste like a hangar steak. Wine list has some fun reds that are quite tasty.Special Features:
- Excellent bistro fare. FriendlyJackVIPDined on 10/27/2012Excellent bistro fare. Friendly attentive staff. Thank you!
- Great food, service and value.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/21/2012It was very quiet the Friday evening I dined there so this place is obviosly under appreciated. Very good, attentive, and friendly service. Food was fun, well prepared, inexpensive, and a great value. Bistro Laurent should be really busy. Would love to come back for bruch when I am back in the area. My only complaint was the music, an entire Edith Piaf recording that made me want to scream. Come on, enough with the old time, cliched French music. How about some modern French music that might appeal to people under 60? I'll call ahead next time, not to check the otherwise interesting food, but the music.Special Features: