14344 North Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sapporoscottsdale.com/
- Phone: 4806071114
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm DINNER Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm-10:30pm Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm-11:30pm HAPPY HOUR Everyday 3:00pm-7:00pm REVERSE HAPPY HOUR Thursday - Saturday: 10:00pm-close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Asian
- Executive Chef: Stephen Stromberg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Sapporo offers a private Teppanyaki room that comfortably sits up to 20 people. Enjoy the "Dinnertainment provided by our experienced and talented chefs!
- Private Party Contact: Joe Popo 4806071114
A word from Sapporo
When reserving tables online, please indicate your table preference: Teppan or Pacific Rim Dining Room. Known for its fresh, high-quality food and vibrant nightlife atmosphere, Sapporo’s dramatic exterior is framed with giant torches that light the Scottsdale sky. The interior is equally dramatic and includes an elegant elliptical bar where the passion-mango martini is a local favorite. The restaurant’s menu includes a variety of premium sushi and Teppanyaki as well as classic and contemporary Asian specialties, such as Grilled Black Cod glazed in Miso; delicately fried Tempura, and even a spicy take on Hawaiian poki. Sapporo’s popular Happy Hour specials highlight the restaurant’s creative cocktail menu and is available seven days a week from 3-7pm in the lounge and on the patio. Reverse Happy Hour is offered Thursday – Saturday 10pm to close.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sapporo reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (66)special occasion (55)fit for foodies (29)vibrant bar scene (29)hot spot (26)romantic (22)kid-friendly (19)neighborhood gem (18)late-night find (18)great for outdoor dining (11)notable wine list (7)great for lunch (6)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Vacation dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Our chef was awesome! So funny and entertaining. Made everyone laugh. Food was cooked exactly the way we wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Great night, great friends, great food, great service! Nothing else to say!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and EntertainingniteoutazDined on 10/12/2014We celebrated my daughter's 13th birthday with a group of 7. We reserved a Tappanyaki table and I noted that it was a birthday celebration. We were seated promptly. The waitress was friendly and was on top of our drink order and refills. The chef was extremely nice, and very entertaining. He really made the night fun. The food was absolutely delicious! They did serve the soup and salad together which I would have preferred separately, but it was not a big deal and both were delicious. For entrees, among us we had the NY Strip steak, the chicken, the scallops and the calamari and everyone thought there meal was so tasty and delicious!! Great choice for Japanese food.Special Features:
- Food is always excellentthebabydocVIPDined on 10/11/2014Sapporo is a bit aways from our neck of the woods, so we don't go as often as we'd like and forget how much we enjoy the food (and drinks). The Sushi rolls are as good as they come as are the entrees and appetizers. The drink selection is great. The teppanyaki is also good. The waiters are sketchy but there are enough of them that you can always get someone's attention. Our biggest problem remains the valet service, which charges for the service ($5), takes all the front spots during dinner hours, and relegates patrons to walking from the back. As many times as we have come here, I cannot resolve this issue and it always leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I have personally discussed this with management but they obviously don't care much.Special Features:
- Great TeppanyakiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014My husband and I went here for our anniversary. We always love sitting at the teppanyaki table. It's like you are getting a show with dinner. The food is always amazing and the service is on point. And you always get a teppanyaki chef that is hilarious. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014This was my 2nd time in 3years eating here. This time I celebrated my birthday with a party of 12. The food was delicious the ambiance was great. I for sure recommend this restaurant for romantic dinner, birthdays or gathering. My one issues was the rate of service. Service was extremely slow. From the time I sat down it took about 1hr and 20 min for the teppanyaki chef to arrive. He was great and very entertaining. I did not like the long delay of waiting to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014I went during restaurant week - what a deal. It was great.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekfoodhappyDined on 9/26/2014we met with friends and sat at very cozy table for 4. our server was very attentive and the bush staff were very good also. The food and drinks recommended for restaurant week were well put together and we enjoyed each of our choices. We will go back to make menu selections and also try out their happy hour. The only downside was that our table was directly behind the teppin tables so there was a lot of noise and smoke from the cooking.Special Features:
- SapporoFishloverVIPDined on 9/20/2014I have been to this restaurant a few times and it has always been consistent. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- DissapointedIknowrestaurantsDined on 9/20/2014We went there for restaurant week.. Food was good but the kitchen/ wait staff we had were very unorganized & confused. 1 of our dinner entrees came out before our appetizers came out. Then just 1 of our appetizers came out and not both. Then finally they both did. Then 1 of our dinner entrees came out and waited for over 20 min. until the other dinner came out. Then we asked for the manager. He gave us excuses, took our dinner back so they came out together & hot at the same time. He offered me a glass of wine. I chose the hse chardonnay. Waiter came back & said they were out. Offered me Sonoma Cutrer, love that wine, but they didn't bring me the right wine! Can u say pathetic?!Special Features:
- Will Never ReturnMediterranean1Dined on 9/20/2014We made reservation and the restaurant could not give us the the reservation type we preferred. This set the tone for the evening which went down hill from that point. Service was below average food was mediocre at best and it was well over priced for what you get on the plate which is what counts.
- Vegetarianfun4foodieDined on 9/19/2014We are vegetarian and luckily we had Vegetarian waitress, I think her name was Alexa. She was hreat at suggesting sushi rolls, and her creativity with rolls was good, she recommended few rolls and we loved them. Special thanks to ber for amazing dining experience!Special Features:
- Date nightWinoDined on 9/18/2014My husband and I came here for date night and will absolutely be coming back! We had some edamame to nibble on at the bar while we were waiting for our table. Bar service was prompt and entertaining. When we were seated we ordered the lobster potstickers. Oh my goodness!! To die for! We also ordered sushi for a main course. Some of the best sushi we have ever had! There were lots of other dishes on the menu that I am excited to try when we come back (again and again). They could brush up on their wine list, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let down by the evening.....OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/16/2014A group of 11 for my birthday. I was really looking forward to the evening. The food was not of the quality that we had received at this restaurant in the past. The service was almost non existent. Very disappointing overall. When the Hibachi chef arrived late and left early with a bored look and more boring behavior. I was very upset. Not what I had hoped for while planning a large celebration.
- Excellent TeppanyakiAZOLDTOWNGUYDined on 9/6/2014I'm not a big Teppanyaki guy, but our service was excellent and our chef was fun and engaging. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceVicwebb25Dined on 9/6/2014We had the best service! Everyone was super friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandsandDined on 9/5/2014Excellent food and service as usual. Reliably excellent, flexible, eager to please. Good for the vegetarian in our group. Wide menu choices. Only down side is acoustics -- sometimes so noisy it's hard to talk.
- Fun timeAugustinoVIPDined on 8/30/2014Our server Stephanie was great. We were here celebrating my friend's birthday and they took good care of us, staff was very attentive. Always a great time!Special Features:
- steakguyDined on 8/30/2014We were impressed with the staffs friendliness and courteousness. Our Teppanyyaki Chief made our dinning experience fun and relaxing, and our meal was prepared just the way we wanted. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We made a reservation with open table for 6 pm this past weekend and Once we got there we could be seated until 6:45pm. Not sure what the point of making a reservation on open table if you get there and they say that can actually seat you until 6:45. 45 minutes late . I think it was around 7:10 ish is when the started to take our order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SapporoHerb3VIPDined on 8/29/2014Food was great. Our server was very attentive and outstanding. Overall, a great time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- appetizingdailybeefDined on 8/26/2014Outstanding service and food variety. Hoison bbq ribs are the best I've ever had and the lobster stuffed shrip are a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Special Occasion ChoicebdaycelebrationDined on 8/24/2014We have dined at Sapporo's many times and as we have many occasions before, we chose Sapporo's to celebrate our daughter and son-in-law's birthdays. Our granddaughter ordered the sliders from the kids menu and we were disappointed that her meal was not prepared and served to her in a timely manner. In fact, our chef had finished cooking and we were well into our meal before her meal was brought out. Particularly for younger diners, it would have been our preference for her to have had her meal while we were enjoying our salad, soup, rice, etc. By the time the meal was served, she had shared all of our items, as well as she was past being interested in eating what she had ordered. No compensation was offered by our server.
- Always a pleasure!diamondtelepathDined on 8/22/2014I always attend Sapporo for my birthday and it never disappoints. I can tell the establishment has made improvements over the last year or two in several aspects (recipes, dinnerware, reservation management) and they continue to improve upon an already great experience. My teppanyaki service this past weekend was perfection. The chef was entertaining, as always. The food was cooked exactly to my preference. The music was was loud enough to appreciate, converse with my party, and still communicate clearly with the staff for service requests. The only element to really improve upon is their texting service for calling parties to their table. The hostess tried to reach me for 10 minutes unsuccessfully. But I'll be back next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad serviceMrsCalderonVIPDined on 8/15/2014Our chef Octavio was great! From checking in to getting served, well that's another story. Food was amazing!
- The accountants are with the chef?HoneyBflyVIPDined on 8/12/2014Not the Sapporo we are used to. House salad usually consists of really fresh greens, however this time it seems to consist of mostly iceberg lettuce and was a bit watery. Poke tuna was good, yet a bit spicy. Teriyaki salmon was dry. Normally we love Sapporo, however at this time we feel they are cutting corners and it is showing in their quality and presentation. Service was friendly but there were some glitches. She did offer us a free dessert but we were not interested in dessert. We hope next time we decide to come back it will be back up to par.
- AnonymousDined on 8/9/2014I love Sapporo and have been there several times for Tepenyaki. Food is always great. This time, however, I found the service to be very slow. Maybe they were short staffed. We were seated for an hour before we received a morsel of food. In addition to that our reservation was at 7:45 so we were there and seated at 7:45. The rest of our Tepenyaki table was not seated until about 8:15. This was frustrating. We were hungry! I will go there again, I just hope the service isn't quite so slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome !NonicknameDined on 8/9/2014Had great service and the chef was very entertaining. Food, steak scallops and shrimps were cooked perfectly. Everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun placeScottsdaledinerDined on 8/5/2014We celebrated a birthday and sat at the Tepanaki table and it was a lot of fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant place to go !Friend2eatDined on 8/2/2014We had teppanyaki dinner with the family and enyoyed the food and the entertainment as well, choice is well explained and service adds to the overall excellent experience at sapporo ! We will be back for shure :-()Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The restaurant was extremely flexible with our group which was originally supposed to be a party of 15 but ended up being only half of that. Our server was extremely friendly and personable. We sat at the Teppanyanki table and our guy was in training but was still amazing! Made our experience fun and kept us involved until the end. This was not our first time here and will defiantly not be our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationjillmaxDined on 8/2/2014Our family celebrated one of our kids' birthdays over the weekend with dinner at Sapporo. The food was very good, especially since our young chef took painstaking care that each item was cooked exactly as ordered. Since there were two couples seated at our table, that seemed appreciated overall, though it took quite awhile to complete this task. The service was terrific. Our waiter was very pleasant, very professional, very attentive without being in our faces (so to speak). The birthday teen felt celebrated and fussed over without being embarrassed. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!!AugustinoVIPDined on 7/30/2014My friends and I decided to try Sapporo for their happy hour offerings and it was amazing. Friendly and attentive staff, while having one of the best asian-fusion dishes. Everything that came out was presented very decoratively and the portions are huge for what they charge, we were blown away by this neighborhood gem. If you've never been here, try it and you'll never want to leave!Special Features:
- Awesome service!!!JohnVIPDined on 7/29/2014We eat at Sapporo at least three times a month. Service is always PERFECT!!! Erika is always our server and she really caters to my six year old daughter. When I ask my daughter where she wants to go for dinner she always says SAPPOROSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentPorototheSapDined on 7/25/2014The food was delicious, the service was great as well. My girlfriend works for Mayo Clinic and you also get a free California roll or Edamame. I would reccommend going and we will definately be going back again!Special Features:
- Birthday Celebration!SandyDined on 7/18/2014We had dinner in the Teppan Room and Jaime was our cook! He had a great personality and had our group of 7 laughing all the way through his presentation. We brought a birthday cake and they brought it to our table after dinner with plates and forks and the candles blazing!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014The waiters and cook were very friendly and made my birthday very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- can accomodate large groupscmt11Dined on 7/16/2014we made a reservation for 13 people 1/2 hour before and they were able to seat us.Special Features:
- Fantastic PlaceatruefoodieDined on 7/15/2014Went to Sapporo for a farewell dinner with a group of my friends and it was amazing. The atmosphere, music, lighting, and food was spot on. We ordered appetizers and sat at a teppanyaki table and I was truly pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A few bumpsTravellingFoodieVIPDined on 7/15/2014Well we went to Sapporo as it's on our son's must do list every time we vacation on Phoenix. Usually it's very good. Tonight I will say that the food tasted great and was excellent quality. Unfortunately the experience was lacking in other ways. The performance at our teppanyaki takable was not as energetic or funny as it usually is. The chef just didn't seem interested. He tossed a hollow egg into my son's soup bowl which resulted in me, my son,and my husband being splashed with mushroom soup. Also, the chef completely forgot to serve the shrimp appetizer. At the end the dessert was brought out while two of us were still eating so it just sat there and melted. All in all it was just a mediocre experience, but the food was good.Special Features: