14344 North Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sapporoscottsdale.com/
- Phone: 4806071114
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm DINNER Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm-10:30pm Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm-11:30pm HAPPY HOUR Everyday 3:00pm-7:00pm REVERSE HAPPY HOUR Thursday - Saturday: 10:00pm-close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Asian
- Executive Chef: Stephen Stromberg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Sapporo offers a private Teppanyaki room that comfortably sits up to 20 people. Enjoy the "Dinnertainment provided by our experienced and talented chefs!
- Private Party Contact: Joe Popo 4806071114
A word from Sapporo
When reserving tables online, please indicate your table preference: Teppan or Pacific Rim Dining Room. Known for its fresh, high-quality food and vibrant nightlife atmosphere, Sapporo’s dramatic exterior is framed with giant torches that light the Scottsdale sky. The interior is equally dramatic and includes an elegant elliptical bar where the passion-mango martini is a local favorite. The restaurant’s menu includes a variety of premium sushi and Teppanyaki as well as classic and contemporary Asian specialties, such as Grilled Black Cod glazed in Miso; delicately fried Tempura, and even a spicy take on Hawaiian poki. Sapporo’s popular Happy Hour specials highlight the restaurant’s creative cocktail menu and is available seven days a week from 3-7pm in the lounge and on the patio. Reverse Happy Hour is offered Thursday – Saturday 10pm to close.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sapporo reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (63)special occasion (60)vibrant bar scene (42)fit for foodies (37)hot spot (33)kid-friendly (26)romantic (22)neighborhood gem (20)great for outdoor dining (18)late-night find (17)great for lunch (7)notable wine list (7)scenic view (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- appetizingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/26/2014Outstanding service and food variety. Hoison bbq ribs are the best I've ever had and the lobster stuffed shrip are a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Special Occasion ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We have dined at Sapporo's many times and as we have many occasions before, we chose Sapporo's to celebrate our daughter and son-in-law's birthdays. Our granddaughter ordered the sliders from the kids menu and we were disappointed that her meal was not prepared and served to her in a timely manner. In fact, our chef had finished cooking and we were well into our meal before her meal was brought out. Particularly for younger diners, it would have been our preference for her to have had her meal while we were enjoying our salad, soup, rice, etc. By the time the meal was served, she had shared all of our items, as well as she was past being interested in eating what she had ordered. No compensation was offered by our server.
- Always a pleasure!diamondtelepathDined on 8/22/2014I always attend Sapporo for my birthday and it never disappoints. I can tell the establishment has made improvements over the last year or two in several aspects (recipes, dinnerware, reservation management) and they continue to improve upon an already great experience. My teppanyaki service this past weekend was perfection. The chef was entertaining, as always. The food was cooked exactly to my preference. The music was was loud enough to appreciate, converse with my party, and still communicate clearly with the staff for service requests. The only element to really improve upon is their texting service for calling parties to their table. The hostess tried to reach me for 10 minutes unsuccessfully. But I'll be back next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad serviceMrsCalderonVIPDined on 8/15/2014Our chef Octavio was great! From checking in to getting served, well that's another story. Food was amazing!
- The accountants are with the chef?HoneyBflyVIPDined on 8/12/2014Not the Sapporo we are used to. House salad usually consists of really fresh greens, however this time it seems to consist of mostly iceberg lettuce and was a bit watery. Poke tuna was good, yet a bit spicy. Teriyaki salmon was dry. Normally we love Sapporo, however at this time we feel they are cutting corners and it is showing in their quality and presentation. Service was friendly but there were some glitches. She did offer us a free dessert but we were not interested in dessert. We hope next time we decide to come back it will be back up to par.
- AnonymousDined on 8/9/2014I love Sapporo and have been there several times for Tepenyaki. Food is always great. This time, however, I found the service to be very slow. Maybe they were short staffed. We were seated for an hour before we received a morsel of food. In addition to that our reservation was at 7:45 so we were there and seated at 7:45. The rest of our Tepenyaki table was not seated until about 8:15. This was frustrating. We were hungry! I will go there again, I just hope the service isn't quite so slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome !NonicknameDined on 8/9/2014Had great service and the chef was very entertaining. Food, steak scallops and shrimps were cooked perfectly. Everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun placeScottsdaledinerDined on 8/5/2014We celebrated a birthday and sat at the Tepanaki table and it was a lot of fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant place to go !Friend2eatDined on 8/2/2014We had teppanyaki dinner with the family and enyoyed the food and the entertainment as well, choice is well explained and service adds to the overall excellent experience at sapporo ! We will be back for shure :-()Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The restaurant was extremely flexible with our group which was originally supposed to be a party of 15 but ended up being only half of that. Our server was extremely friendly and personable. We sat at the Teppanyanki table and our guy was in training but was still amazing! Made our experience fun and kept us involved until the end. This was not our first time here and will defiantly not be our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationjillmaxDined on 8/2/2014Our family celebrated one of our kids' birthdays over the weekend with dinner at Sapporo. The food was very good, especially since our young chef took painstaking care that each item was cooked exactly as ordered. Since there were two couples seated at our table, that seemed appreciated overall, though it took quite awhile to complete this task. The service was terrific. Our waiter was very pleasant, very professional, very attentive without being in our faces (so to speak). The birthday teen felt celebrated and fussed over without being embarrassed. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!!AugustinoVIPDined on 7/30/2014My friends and I decided to try Sapporo for their happy hour offerings and it was amazing. Friendly and attentive staff, while having one of the best asian-fusion dishes. Everything that came out was presented very decoratively and the portions are huge for what they charge, we were blown away by this neighborhood gem. If you've never been here, try it and you'll never want to leave!Special Features:
- Awesome service!!!JohnVIPDined on 7/29/2014We eat at Sapporo at least three times a month. Service is always PERFECT!!! Erika is always our server and she really caters to my six year old daughter. When I ask my daughter where she wants to go for dinner she always says SAPPOROSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentPorototheSapDined on 7/25/2014The food was delicious, the service was great as well. My girlfriend works for Mayo Clinic and you also get a free California roll or Edamame. I would reccommend going and we will definately be going back again!Special Features:
- Birthday Celebration!SandyDined on 7/18/2014We had dinner in the Teppan Room and Jaime was our cook! He had a great personality and had our group of 7 laughing all the way through his presentation. We brought a birthday cake and they brought it to our table after dinner with plates and forks and the candles blazing!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014The waiters and cook were very friendly and made my birthday very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- can accomodate large groupscmt11Dined on 7/16/2014we made a reservation for 13 people 1/2 hour before and they were able to seat us.Special Features:
- Fantastic PlaceatruefoodieDined on 7/15/2014Went to Sapporo for a farewell dinner with a group of my friends and it was amazing. The atmosphere, music, lighting, and food was spot on. We ordered appetizers and sat at a teppanyaki table and I was truly pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A few bumpsTravellingFoodieVIPDined on 7/15/2014Well we went to Sapporo as it's on our son's must do list every time we vacation on Phoenix. Usually it's very good. Tonight I will say that the food tasted great and was excellent quality. Unfortunately the experience was lacking in other ways. The performance at our teppanyaki takable was not as energetic or funny as it usually is. The chef just didn't seem interested. He tossed a hollow egg into my son's soup bowl which resulted in me, my son,and my husband being splashed with mushroom soup. Also, the chef completely forgot to serve the shrimp appetizer. At the end the dessert was brought out while two of us were still eating so it just sat there and melted. All in all it was just a mediocre experience, but the food was good.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceCourtneyADined on 7/6/2014My hubby and I were looking for great sushi while visiting and stumbled upon Sapporo. The food was delicious and service was fabulous. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid food, slow service, freezingDanielVIPDined on 7/4/2014We lived in Japan and love Japanese food. Menu is comprehensible, food quality solid. Ambiance lacks a bit coziness, also driven by the fact that the airconditioning is used too much. While we had 100F outside, it felt like they cooled inside below 40, basically like inside a freezer. Our kids thought this is to keep the fish fresh... Next time we will bring winter jackets. The exaggerated aircon, paired with somewhat slow and inattentive service made the experience just average.Special Features:
- Sapporo dining on 7/1/14VisitorfromVailDined on 7/1/2014Great food ! Service was fantastic, some of the best ever ! Went for an early dinner - bar was hopping. Would recommend to everyone when in Scottsdale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationhappyDined on 6/30/2014We had a fabulous party. All in all it was a great experience and look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- sdibbleeDined on 6/29/2014Great Happy hour specials. Yum Yum. Excellent food and service, nice atmosphere feels very upscale without the upscale price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014I made a reservation here after much deliberation and researching. My girlfriend has been dying for Sushi for some time now and she deserved it. The food was fantastic, the environment was great; ambient lighting but energetic music and the prices were on par!Special Features:
- Always a good mealARScottsdaleVIPDined on 6/27/2014The Teppan yaki is always a favorite with my kids- they enjoy the entertainment and the great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/24/2014We were first time diners who will definitely return. We enjoyed the incredibly creative and varied menu, from sushi and appetizers, to salads and entrees. There are also 6 large group tables where they stir-fry on a large surface (Teppanyaki). The patrons that did that certainly looked like they were enjoying the Chef's show. It can be noisy at the bar, and we loved the fact that we could get Happy Hour pricing on a large selection of items, as well as order from the regular menu, when sitting anywhere in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Birthday Celebration!SandyDined on 6/21/2014We have dined numerous times at Sapporo's and have never been disappointed! Always great food and we love the tepan dining. Very entertaining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi!MischablueDined on 6/14/2014Sushi was superb, but a very noisy restaurant. Very big, lots of choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first visitluvasianfoodDined on 6/14/2014The decor and food was exceptional , thoroughly enjoyed the chef , only complaint was the music. Terrible , kind of a mood killer , should have had light jazz or light asian style music. Not the rock and roll /pop station , . It was a shame that music was so abrasive , when the decor and service was so much higher class and greater, than most places . Will no doubt go again , but will hopefully wear ear plugs . or be surpised that someone actually read this and they changed this one element.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!foodie4lifeDined on 6/7/2014We have been here multiple times and each time it has been consistently good. The sushi is fresh and the Happy Hour menu is generous. Highly recommend if you're looking for some good sushi in the middle of the desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and funLadyVIPDined on 6/5/2014Food is fresh, service is great and loads of fun while the chef cooks for you!Special Features:
- Teppanyaki was worth it!amosDined on 5/30/2014The service started slow- so we weren’t really sure how enjoyable the evening would be..no water for me -even though I had requested it for all..no lemons (etc0 slow slow service..Then out came the teppanyaki chef and the atmosphere became vibrant. is energy and enthusiasm was contagious and his excitement palpable. He was so talented and we soon forgot about our hunger. We were not thrilled, however, after even reminding the hostess about our birthday celelbration- that all we had was a shout out from the chef..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant week valuesandDined on 5/25/2014Excellent experience. Food was very good. Tremendous value for restaurant week including a glass of wine! Appetizers were served a little unevenly but the rest of the service was impeccable. Only concern is that it can be hard to have a conversation with someone across the table because the noise level can get quite high. Not sure anything can be done about that.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant Week Choice.two2dineDined on 5/24/2014Great Restaurant Week Choice. Food was outstanding and service impeccable.The amount of food was excellent and very delicious. Great selection. Thank you.Special Features:
- Always a fun timenipperDined on 5/23/2014Took the family out for the Tabanaki grill. Susihi before was very nice, then dinner and a show.Special Features:
- Great food with snooty hostessluv2eatsushiDined on 5/22/2014Awesome price for the quality of food. The waiters are super friendly and very helpful. We just have to pass through snobby hostesses. Other than that, it is perfect and we love it! Thank you Sapporo!Special Features:
- DinnerScottsdalefoodieDined on 5/18/2014Ate here during AZ Restaurant Week. All three courses were fabulous and plentiful. The main meal came out a bit too quick after the appetizer, but a minor nuisance compared to the quality and value we received. And our server Katarina was fantastic. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Very nice place!GunnerDined on 5/18/2014Nice indoor/outdoor bar. Food was good and portion size was bigger than expected. Service was on par with the overall rating. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertained by the cookYmsexyDined on 5/16/2014I enjoy the scene, food, & my favorite drink. I've been celebrating my b-days here for quit some time. Along w/ other family members. It's always a different experience frm cook & staff. But over all we recieve a pleasurable & capturing memory!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.