14344 North Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sapporoscottsdale.com/
- Phone: (480) 607-1114
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm DINNER Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm-10:30pm Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm-11:30pm HAPPY HOUR Everyday 3:00pm-7:00pm REVERSE HAPPY HOUR Thursday - Saturday: 10:00pm-close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Asian
- Executive Chef: Stephen Stromberg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Sapporo offers a private Teppanyaki room that comfortably sits up to 20 people. Enjoy the "Dinnertainment provided by our experienced and talented chefs!
- Private Party Contact: Joe Popo 4806071114
A word from Sapporo
When reserving tables online, please indicate your table preference: Teppan or Pacific Rim Dining Room. Known for its fresh, high-quality food and vibrant nightlife atmosphere, Sapporo’s dramatic exterior is framed with giant torches that light the Scottsdale sky. The interior is equally dramatic and includes an elegant elliptical bar where the passion-mango martini is a local favorite. The restaurant’s menu includes a variety of premium sushi and Teppanyaki as well as classic and contemporary Asian specialties, such as Grilled Black Cod glazed in Miso; delicately fried Tempura, and even a spicy take on Hawaiian poki. Sapporo’s popular Happy Hour specials highlight the restaurant’s creative cocktail menu and is available seven days a week from 3-7pm in the lounge and on the patio. Reverse Happy Hour is offered Thursday – Saturday 10pm to close.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sapporo reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (69)special occasion (59)vibrant bar scene (36)fit for foodies (31)hot spot (29)romantic (22)late-night find (20)neighborhood gem (20)kid-friendly (19)great for outdoor dining (14)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- Not thrilledmmbabeDined on 5/3/2014The food was not up to my expectations. The portions were small and the temperature of the food was not warm, like it had sat too long before it was brought out. We were celebrating early Mother's Day and I was really looking forward to dinner and having a great experience only to be disappointed.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceTKDJoshDined on 5/3/2014Making the reservations was simple, we were seated speedily, and our waitress was wonderful. The food was excellent. The only complaint is that it was not the quietest of atmospheres. Still, I would definitely return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014The chicken was dry and the fried rice was overcooked and gummy. Watching the foor being prepared was interesting, but for the cost of the meals, I was disappointed. I don't expect that I will be returning to Sapporo.
- so somike4295Dined on 4/26/2014We sat at the bar on sat a night. It wasnt very busy for a sat night at all. There were two bartenders. My wife and i ordered our drinks right as we sat down so that was good. But after that it took a very long time for someone to come back and actually i had to flag him down to get a menu. Once we got our menus it took even longer for him to come back and take our order. Again had to flag him down and we were sitting right in front of him. When we got our food i had a question about one of the items we ordered and the bartender had no idea what the answer was.In a place that popular in the middle of Scottsdale and for the price you pay, the serive and knowledge of the staff should be amazing. Its not. Food was great, service not really.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!AZJerrVIPDined on 4/24/2014Food is always wonderful, love everything. Service still lacks - our waiter acted like he was doing me a favor by waiting on us, until of course the bill came and he wanted a great tip. Otherwise service is great, food comes out fast, hostess' are friendly - wait staff needs work though, always has.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There's a reason why they're busy!LeathermanDined on 4/17/2014Sapporo's has always been one of my favorite places to take out of towners! Great food...great service...great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be goodOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/14/2014New ownership took over and the place went steadily downhill. Service was poor and food was at least a grade lower. Plus, we waited and no one was there at 5 PM on a Monday Night. It used to be so very good. What happened?
- excellentfoodluverDined on 4/12/2014Food was delicious, people were friendly & fun atmousphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerJimboDined on 4/11/2014Everything was great. A little loud. It was hard to have a conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More hype than deliveryBoopersDined on 4/10/2014I like teppyanyaki dining but I found this place more hype than delivery. While the display while preparing was as entertaining as other restaurant of this nature, actual food taste was a liitle bland in taste. I prefer OH SO and Hayashi. We were celebrating some work success and were seated next to a family with small children, I love kids but this just wasn't the time or the setting. The dauhhter was afraid of the fire and smoke..
- The bartender MartinOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/9/2014The bartender was one of the best I've ever seen and I've seen a lot. Generous heavy handed pours. My clients were impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat, drink, compete!LolaDined on 4/6/2014Our group was celebrating after competing in the nationals USTA nationals tennis matches held in Surprise Az. We asked for a table out in the patio and Matt, our waiter took good care of us! Christian, bartender was wonderful suggesting some interesting drinks as well as the " friends with benefits" item on the menu, which was great! Hadn't been to Sapporos in awhile, will go again soon!Special Features:
- TeppanyakiOddwebDined on 3/31/2014Building and atmosphere is awesome. Waitress was courteous but didn't explain menu items very well. We had to wait almost an hour and a half before the chef arrived at our table. The other party ended up leaving early. The food was very good. I think we just came at a bad time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out with friends.foodpersonDined on 3/29/2014Food was great. Atomosphere was good. A little noisy. A great treat. Good for celebrating special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencechaisinVIPDined on 3/28/2014We enjoyed the other people that were at our teppan table. Food and chef/cook was very entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sapporo first timeSherty13Dined on 3/25/2014This was our first time eating at Sapporo and we loved it. The food was delicious and we will be taking our out of town guests there next week as well as going back ourselves many times.Special Features:
- Fusion at its bestlarryja5Dined on 3/24/2014Wonderful Sushi with other very interesting entree's, I had their hamburger my wife had grilled salmon. Very good gem in Scottsdale with great parking. The ambiance is anything you like it to be. Romantic, festive, loud in the bar area. We found noise level high but our table was close to the bar. An interesting concept is they let you chose either bar area, dining room, or Teppen style where a chief cooks in front of you and tosses knives in the airSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/23/2014Sapporo is a perfect setting to break up the traditional date night and be entertained with cooking and conversation. Food is plenty. Mango Passion cocktail is to die for.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Teppan TableSnakeCharmerDined on 3/15/2014Chef Jaime was the absolute best Teppan chef we've seen in 35 years!! He made good times & outstanding food!! I recommend Saporo and especially Chef Jaime to friends and family traveling to the Valley of the Sun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff was courtious andsteakguyDined on 3/15/2014The staff was courtious and friendly, but the service was very slow. We have dined at Sapporo's for years, and try to come as offten as we can. But you guysare not on the top of your game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you can do better.Special Features:
- LoudsmartblVIPDined on 3/14/2014We sat In the dining room and the noise level from the bar was very loud.I would recommend this to a friend.
- In The RawOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/13/2014Went for sushi with a friend, wasn't disappointed it was excellent. Would defiantly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularSIW713Dined on 3/13/2014WOW what a great experience we had at Sapporo. We loved how even if you are having teppanyaki you can still have them bring you a sushi appetizer or something off the main dining menu. We were celebrating an anniversary and the host made sure to acknowledge that, made us feel very special. Some stand out dishes were the lobster, scallops and NY served teppanyaki, and blue fin tuna sushi. Our server knew his stuff and made several recommendations. The teppanyaki chefs are amazing. The showmanship of what they do is incredible. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Serving staff well below average.Gsff633Dined on 3/10/2014Serving staff well below average. Food was literally forced upon us, chef was cooking when salad and soup arrived. Bathrooms dirty and overall experience was poor. Will never dine at this facility again
- Disappointment Beyond RepairCarsonKUVIPDined on 3/7/2014It's quite unfortunate to have received the level of customer services remitted by Sapporo. Though, I've dined at this restaurant numerous times in the last year it's not ever been quite this awful. From the cold sake being delivered to my table above room temperature to the overall dry sushi.
- Group entertainmentRWFG450Dined on 3/5/2014As with all table cooking you eat with strangers, but by the end you become friends. The salmon and all the dinner was very tasty. Chef was very entertaining. Overall the best of my past 10 table cooked meals from FL to CA. Do not chose this restaurant if you are looking for a quiet romantic dinner ! Bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PoorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/4/2014Waited 15 mins for waiter, then waited 20 mins after drink order for drinks. Waited from sit down 45 mins to order food. High noise from background plus music. Food meat quality was poor, drinks so so, left half of mine. Whatever the occasion, go elsewhere.
- Too loud for SamauraiCanadianNisseiDined on 3/3/2014Sapporo had been highly recommended by other Calgarian friends as a place fit for my 60th birthday celebration. Maybe I'm older than I think, but I found the loud music rather incongruous with a sushi restaurant. Our server was outstanding, and the general service was wonderful, but I like to be able to talk with my dinner mates without having to occasionally plug my ears.Special Features:
- Disappointed this timeDisappointedVIPDined on 3/1/2014disappointed in the service and food. Had track down our waitress to order. No details to attention. Had ordered chicken terriyaki teppanyaki. Food came in incorrectly. Sent it back. They swapped the chicken out and served us the Same plates with cold food!! It's teppanyaki. Should be steaming hot!! Can't believe they re served food that was Digged in already. And cold! Could eat the veggies at all. Appetizer shrimp never came. We had to ask for it. Overall was very disappointed. They have us credit for the entree but it was a friends bday, I chose the place, they relied on my choice. I let my guests down. Feel ashamed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair food, good entertainmentEluqVIPDined on 2/24/2014This place is great for kids since the cooking show at the teppanyaki table is pretty cool and the cook interacts with the table. The food is decent, nothing to die for but it's fine. I had the Australian "kobe" wich was good, The soup and the salad are barely OK. The edamame was better than average and I also ordered an avocado roll which was pretty good, specially for $4. In general is pricier than average, but not too bad. Cheers.Special Features:
- Noise Kills a Romantic NightSpiggityDined on 2/23/2014I like to attend dinner at Sapporo's about once every 3 months with friends and we always like to be seated at the Teppinyaki tables. I brought a date to Sapporo's on the 23rd of February for what I thought would have been a romantic night, boy was I wrong... Parents at our table warned us that there children might get out of control. That right there made me wonder what was in store. We asked to be moved and we were told all the tables were full. Once the other table in the same room was full the noise level become so unbearable I had to yell to be heard. I'm not sure if I will ever bring my business back to Sapporo's but it would be nice if they would be willing to do something to make want to continue coming back. Not Romantic at all.Special Features:
- The service was good and theOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/22/2014The service was good and the food was delicious We had sushi, ahi tuna lettuce wraps which were wonderful and pad tai which was excellent A bit noisySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi in TownscottsdalefoodieVIPDined on 2/22/2014I've been going to Sapporo for over 10 years now and I've never had a bad meal there. As a Southern California transplant, I've been eating sushi all of my life and Sapporo's is the best sushi in town, bar none. If you are a first timer I highly recommend the Red Tiger and Johnny Dynamite. Both entrees are worth every $.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonder atmosphere, great foodPishPosh1Dined on 2/22/2014Loved everything about the restaurant. The cook was very entertaining and the atmosphere was excellent. Only had one problem, the air was turned down so low that my husband was freezing. He actually got up and stood at the end of the table because it was blowing directly down on him. I thought it was funny that no one came and asked him if everything was okay, since he remained standing for quite a while. I felt the chair that he had been sitting in and it was like ice. We wanted to stay and have drinks, but the cold air made you want to leave.Special Features:
- It was my first time and tookiluvfoodDined on 2/21/2014It was my first time and took my sister their for her bday. We all loved we don't like sushi and were a bit skeptic but food was delish and the service was great! From the hostess to our waiter to the cook they all made it an enjoyable experience. Will definitely go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place....OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/21/2014But it's too loud with the music. You have to yell at each other to talk. The music could be adjusted a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- N Scottsdale's Maggiano RestaurantFoodWineLVRDined on 2/17/2014My wife and I are from Maine, she's here for business I'm here for pleasure. We could walk to Maggiano's from our hotel. Our waiter Jorge was outstanding. Very polite, knowledgable and just a pleasure to be around. We had a wall booth which gave us a great view of the dining area. Would visit again, Thank you for a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ideal NightAngel213Dined on 2/15/2014I can't explain how fantastic the restaurant was. When we arrived there we were treated so welcoming. We arrived a little early and decided to have some drinks. Both bartenders were amazing and had such a great vibe. They made excellent rum and Cokes too! When it was time for our reservation slot your waitress took us back to the grill table. The chef Herberto was awesome and his energy was addictive. We had an amazing time. Food was excellent, service was outstanding. I couldn't have been more pleased to find this place. We will be returning as regulars from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FullChopsticks1Dined on 2/15/2014Always enjoy going to Sapporos ! Next time will request the tables at the aquarium.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was very slow.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2014The service was very slow. The item I tried to order was no longer available, although it was on the menu. The server recommended something else, which was horrible. It was like something i could have gotten at Pei Wei or PF Changs. I expected much higher quality at Sapporo.Special Features: