50 East Main Street
Westborough, MA 01581Neighborhood:
KoreanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sapporobbq.com/
- Phone: 5088981880
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:30pm, Friday and Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Korean, Japanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Sapporo Restaurant
Specializing in the authentic Korean cuisine, including Korean barbecue at your own table side grill. Sapporo also offers a wide range of Japanese dishes as well as the freshest and most creative sushi around.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sapporo Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (12)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (4)special occasion (4)great for lunch (3)romantic (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- QuiggyDined on 8/16/2014Waiter was efficient and fun. Assisted with food choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Favorite restaurant in town, always have a great meal and time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyMarkJanet6Dined on 8/8/2014Friendly service, excellent bar service and drinks. The food is excellent with a wide variety. Sushi specials are always interesting and very well prepared. Enjoyable dining experience!Special Features:
- Fun and delicious Korean BarbecuejpbandkmbDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I have driven by Sapporo quite a few times and finally decided to give it a try. We wanted to try the tableside barbecue so made reservations as those tables are limited. The barbecue is built right into the table and the server did the cooking right there. We ordered rib eye and pork and were able to share. The portions were great and the food was delicious!Special Features:
- Best place for sushi & Korean food!SrenziDined on 6/6/2014We have been coming to Sapporo since it opened. The owner is very friendly. We've come with large groups and small parties. We are always welcomed and the food is amazing. It's my favorite sushi spot in Metrowest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are regularsNaplesdinerVIPDined on 6/6/2014We go regularly and are always treated so nicely. The food was fantastic and we had great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun nightNaplesdinerVIPDined on 5/23/2014Once again we had a great time and great food. The service was very good alsoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedLittleBirdieVIPDined on 5/17/2014I've been to Sapporo several times. I'm never disappointed. Their drink and wine list is very good. Their menu is outstanding. Many types of food to suit all palates. I am a vegetarian but went with my husband and our friend both of whom are self described meat-atarians. There was something for everyone. No one left hungry or dissatisfied.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great variety & nothing disappointsDLL38Dined on 5/17/2014I am impressed by the breadth and depth of the dinner menu at Sapporo. I cannot recall another Korean restaurant that has such a large and diverse dinner menu (6 pages), not including the sushi menu. Most importantly, everything is delicious and perfectly prepared. You will not be disappointed by anything.Special Features:
- Great Korean and Sushiagilitydogs4funDined on 5/17/2014Lots of options for delicious Korean dishes done vegetarian and Paleo options. Phenomenal sushi and great drinks. What a friendly place with a great atmosphere. My favorite is paleo bipmbop with chicken. My husband loves the crispy tuna sushi and pork bulgogi.Special Features:
- The following 87 reviews are from the Sapporo Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great Korean faregrimflyDined on 12/7/2013The food was authentic, well prepared and delicious. Our server Anastasia was a consumate professional. She was outgoing, helpful and accomodating in her approach to our table although we had our two small granddaughters with us.Special Features:
- A Good Lunch OptionMarcoDined on 11/23/2013Been here several times already. The food is delicious, best to come early (we usually hit it about 1:00 p.m. for lunch) before the noise level goes up.Special Features:
- Diverse food choicesBradFDined on 11/20/2013Sapporo provides a full range of Korean and sushi choices, and tasty options at that!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!KareeDined on 11/20/2013My first time dining at this neighborhood gem of a restaurant. I loved the greeting, the atmosphere, the service and of course, the crowned jewel - the food! I eat a Paleo diet and they had a Paleo menu which was awesome. Even if they didn't have that special menu, the choices for my tastes were abundant. The different flavors, the huge portions and just the overall experience was really outstanding and I can't wait to go back again. Thank you Sapporo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just great Korean, great periodDPF1VIPDined on 11/9/2013There are lots of options in the area, but Sapporo clearly holds a place in the top three. The food is simply impeccable, the atmosphere is lively and open, and the service fantastic. Our server, Sophia, was engaging, attentive and happy we were joining her for dinner. Overall Sapporo shines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this restaurant, great foodgopalshenoyDined on 11/8/2013Our first time to Sapporo. Went there after reading the online reviews for a family dinner. The food is excellent, our waiter Spencer was awesome. We ordered the shrimp fried rice, Bibim Bap, Nabi Yake Udon and Je Yuk Bokkum. The Korean side dishes were awesome too. Great food, great ambience and great service. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2013Love the katsu, bulgogi, shumai, dumpling, and many moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantbellybusterDined on 10/9/2013The food and service was outstanding. The atmosphere is both intimate and upscale. The sushi selection is top notch. We definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice eveningMillersVIPDined on 10/4/2013Aside from having to wait 15 min after our reservation to be seated, everything was excellent.
- Great Cuisine mixMarkJanet6Dined on 8/30/2013Love the menu. Tons of choices, excellent and attentive service. Lots of laughs and a good time had by allSpecial Features:
- Great Korean and Japanese FoodAscifi1Dined on 8/18/2013Imagine my surprise to find authentic Korean and Japanese food that was amazing and affordable. My husband, daughter and I all enjoyed the grill and the sushi was fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food - poor serviceSwiftecITVIPDined on 8/10/2013we sat at a habachi table. it was weird that the server put the food on the grill and had to come back and check it. what was terrible was that the one person who did not have the bbq - didnt get her meal until after everyone else had finished their dinner and i got up out of frustration because we had asked for her dinner 4 times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service Ever Food is excelent!VinnyDined on 8/2/2013As soon as we walked in the greating was friendly and inviting. The waitress was so helpfull and knowleded of the menu and recommened some favorites. Appetizers and Sushi rolls are fabulous. Good sized portions. If you like sushi and asian food. Must try this Korean favorite Kimchi. Meals come with variety of sides to sample.Special Features:
- Awesome every timeCat511VIPDined on 7/26/2013We just keep coming back and the food and service never change, which is wonderful! First place I've ever been with a paleo menu and the food is just amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the drivewearytravelerDined on 7/13/2013My wife had been to Sapporo with friends and enjoyed it and suggested we go. Since it was several towns away, I was wary but we were tired of all our local restaurants so I gave in, hopped in the car and made the drive. I'm sure glad I did! The food seemed very fresh and it was delicious. The service was great, ambiance was just right...upscale without being too snooty. Overall it was a very good experience and though it's not right around the corner for us we will return when we need a change of pace.Special Features:
- very much disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2013This was my 2nd visit to Sapporo. Last time we had Korean style BBQ and it was OK, although the taste was a bit too sweet. So we decided to give it a 2nd try .We ordered Yaki-udon,which is a Japanese noodle dish, and Korean style cold noodle. Both of them were total disappointment. Yaki-udon was far from authentic Japanese taste. As for the Korean cold noodle, it was just awful. Noodles and vegetables were swimming in too much mud of too spicy, too sweet sauce and almost inedible. I do not stick to authenticity as long as dishes are taste good, but both we ordered were just terrible.
- Chilled and modern atmosphereannaCDined on 7/5/2013Came here twice for the buffet special they have from Tuesdays to Fridays until 2pm. They have a small sushi selection, but the food is fairly good. Good place to meet with friends or co-workers for a nice chilled atmosphere with ambient lighting. The noise level is comfortable, setting is cool and clean. Prices are average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paleo friendly menuCat511VIPDined on 6/14/2013This place is right next to our crossfit gym and I've been tortured for weeks now smelling all the wonderful food before during and after workouts. Then someone told me they had a paleo menu. We took another couple with us and we all offered from that menu. It was amazing! I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never had Korean Food before...Spenbroadway2Dined on 6/1/2013Never had Korean Food before...Spencer our waiter explained to us what we were eating and how to cook on the barbeque....very helpful and we will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting combinationsOABEVIPDined on 5/24/2013A group of 4 went with two main desires, sushi and korean barbeque. Sapporo delivers on both. The sushi they serve is different from traditional japanese places, and some of the rolls even had some heat. So if you are not used to that, ask questions for more detail. The citrus blast was a particularly exotic and delicious sushi dish. The korean barbeque can be cooked at the table by the guest, or prepared in the kitchen by the cooking staff. We opted for the latter, being a little worn on a Friday night. Both dishes came out great. The place was busy and a tiny bit noisy, but we still enjoyed ourselves and relaxed during the service. The server was prompt and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sapporo, great for groups!KtingDined on 5/15/2013We absolutely enjoyed it. Meeting for a group from work. Very accomodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerNaplesdinerVIPDined on 5/4/2013Went with a group of 10 people and we all loved our meals. They offer a paleo menu which was perfect for some of us. Great food and sushi was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is our new favorite -GuestVIPDined on 4/26/2013This is our new favorite - love the food and service!
- NY foodie loves SapporoFoodAttitudeDined on 4/19/2013My fav...lunch is a deal, dinner is fun. Love the food, the services always great. The crowds that are always there say more than my recommendation.Special Features:
- This was our first time diningGuestVIPDined on 4/19/2013This was our first time dining at Sapporo - we loved everything we had. Fresh and flavorful sushi, friendly service - we'll be back!Special Features:
- Family favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/5/2013A favorite in our house. Great food - excellent fresh sushi and tasty kitchen items - great service and a warm atmosphere. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- The food at Sapporo is soOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2013The food at Sapporo is so good (pricey but good). They have gluten free options which is nice. We waited a bit for our food but we were not in a hurry. I highly recommend this restaurant!
- Very good sushi. Took awhileMrTiggerGolfVIPDined on 3/9/2013Very good sushi. Took awhile to get the food, but the server told us this upfront, as the sushi bar was overloaded, so we got an appetizer to hold us over. Sushi quality was very good. Haven't tried the korean BBQ yet, but we've been there a few times now and the sushi and normal korean menu is very good.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)lunch101Dined on 3/1/2013Overall the dining experience was good. Service was superior and our reserved table was available when we arrived even though there were people waiting for a table. Waitress was punctual and friendly and accommodating to our requests. Food delivery was our only issues, our 4 meals arrived at separate times so that you had one person partially done with his meal by time his wife's meal was delivered 10 minutes later. I received my meal 5 minutes before my wife's meal arrived.Special Features:
- I came here for sushi on Valentine'OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I came here for sushi on Valentine's day with a friend. To be honest, the only sushi I had ever had before was all-you-can-eat, and was nervous about the prices and quality. But my nerves were for nothing - the prices are very reasonable, and the sushi itself was DELICIOUS. The service was great too - my friend and I had a great time, and are really excited to go back!