1118 16th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sapporogrill.com/
- Phone: (916) 448-1818
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Fridays: 11:00am - 3:00pm saturday 12:00am - 3:00pm ; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 3:00pm -10:00pm, Thursday - 3:00pm - 12:00pm friday - saturday 3:00pm - 2:30am Sunday 4:00pm -10:00pm Teppanyaki is serve Monday - Saturdays Only from 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Bryant Lee
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Sapporo Grill has two separate dining rooms that can accommodate parties of 12 or be joined together for a party of 30.
- Private Party Contact: Erik Berkley 9164481818
- Entertainment: Sapporo Grill has a lounge with two giant projector screen TV's. The lounge is open on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 4:00pm to 2:30 am featuring small plates, bottle service, and music from Sacramento's hottest DJ.
A word from Sapporo Grill
Sapporo Grill is a Japanese Steakhouse featuring fresh sushi and teppanyaki style cooking. We offer lunch and dinner, private banquet rooms that can accommodate up to 30 people as well as a full bar and lounge serving until 2:30am on Fridays, and Saturdays. Reservations are preferred but not required.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sapporo Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (10)good for groups (10)neighborhood gem (8)special occasion (6)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)romantic (3)fit for foodies (2)Show More
- GOOD SUSHI IN SACRAMENTO1KTravelerVIPDined on 11/18/2014I had a nice meal at Sapporo. The sashimi appetizer was fresh and well presented. We had four rolls, all of which were tasty and interesting. My favorites are the Giant and the Bryant rolls. Drink prices are very reasonable and the wine list is a hidden treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD SUSHI AND STEAKS1KTravelerVIPDined on 11/4/2014I had the sashimi appetizer and two sushi rolls. The fish was very fresh and tasty, and the rolls were both visually appealing and delicious. Sapporo is a great deal Sunday through Wednesday with midweek specials. It is one of my go to places for sushi in Midtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sapporo1sttimeSapporoDined on 10/25/2014Went here on a date and the seating, lights, and mood was great. Comfortable seating great to be able to eat and drink and get to know someone. The baseball game was on moderate noise, but not a distraction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD SUSHI1KTravelerVIPDined on 10/13/2014Sapporo is always reliable. I had the sashimi appetizer and several rolls. My friend had the Teriyaki Chicken. The food was very good overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD DINNER1KTravelerVIPDined on 9/28/2014I had the Sashimi plate and several rolls. The food was fresh, but several of the sashimi pieces were a little tough, suggesting a lesser quality of fish. The sushi rolls were tasty as always. Overall, the meal was good and service was very attentive and friendly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- NICE DINNER IN MIDTOWN1KTravelerVIPDined on 9/22/2014I went with a friend on a midweek night. We had two bottles of wine, and the sushi roll special. The wines were excellent and well priced. The sushi was fresh and satisfying. Service was good, although its clear wine service is not one of the strengths of this restaurant. In any event, they were more than willing to accommodate service requests and the meal was a success. I always enjoy a solid experience at Sapporo Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/28/2014extremely disappointed in quality of food. Sushi was of poor quality. Long delay in getting food. More of a sports bar.Special Features:
- GOOD SUSHI FOR LESS1KTravelerVIPDined on 8/12/2014I came in for the Sunday-Wednesday sushi roll deal - Buy one and get the second for a dollar. I had the Bryant's and Giant roll. Both were delicious and well presented by the sushi chef. The wine by the glass list is pretty good and service was attentive and friendly. Overall, nice experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 134 reviews are from the Sapporo Grill reviews archive.
- A GOOD MEAL1KTravelerVIPDined on 7/20/2014On this visit, the food was still good, although service seemed disjointed. Sapporo can be outstanding at times, but it seems to be hit or miss. I'd give it a try particularly on specials nights, but the overall experience could be more consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but services was minimalEllaDined on 7/15/2014We really enjoyed the food but the tables we were sat at were too close together. I did notice after we were sat that there was a nicer area with booths and better decor that we were not offered. I was upset after I noticed everyone after us was sat in this location. The food was good but server didn't check back in with us after food was served and we waited 20 minutes before I had to wave her down to get wasabi which I don't like to do. After I finally was able to talk to her she forgot our request and I had to track her down again. Other customers had to do the same. I wouldn't return.
- A favorite placeCarrieSDined on 5/15/2014On this occasion, we were there for a birthday and the service for our large-ish party of 10 + a baby was excellent! This has been a favorite spot of my brother's for a long time and I can see why. It's been very enjoyable each time I've gone. Really good food, wonderful drinks & great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service and lack of concernGreatDined on 4/12/2014Has to go down as the worst birthday I have ever had! I would give it no stars if I could. The service was awful. We had to keep asking for dirty plates to be removed. One of the entrees came out wrong so we sent it back. Half hour later after we contact the manager the waitress came out and said that they had done it wrong again and were going to remake it. By that time the rest if our party had finished eating and we told them to forget it. It was a completely awful experience. I won't be going back. Ever!
- Lousy ServicesecretshopDined on 4/11/2014This is not the first time that we have gone to this Sapporo to eat. In fact all other visits were great, but this last one was really lousy. We made reservations knowing how busy they can get and still we waited for 10 minutes before someone took our order, we waited another 45 minutes for our food and when food came out, is was really salty. Just lousy service.
- UnacceptableOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/11/2014The service we received was unacceptable. We arrived on time (even before) our reservation. Although we were seated, we did not receive menus as we were told our server would be there right away. The server did not come. We asked the hostess for a server and menus to which she said one would be coming by and she seemed to look bewildered. A server came by to other tables and took orders and finally acknowledged us. The menus arrived and we ordered drinks. After 10 more minutes server came to take our order (no drinks yet); We finally got to order as tables around us received meals (soup too!). Our food did not arrive until 12:50 after we asked the waitress to report back. We did not even receive miso soup because they were out of bowls.
- Great menuAnneDined on 4/2/2014I had a work meeting and took some of my staff, your restaurant has great food for a great value. Especially important because I work for the state, so there is not reimbursement, it is completely out of my pocket. I can afford to give my staff a little treat here and there. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was fast and efficient!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014Service was fast and efficient! Food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at a good price.cdiddyDined on 3/28/2014Good food at a good price. Quite a selection on the menu as well. Overall a great place and I go pretty often.Special Features:
- Just okAJandKimDined on 3/7/2014Made a reservation for a birthday dinner because my fiance has been begging to sit at the Teppanyaki grill for a few years now. When we showed up they lost our reservations (apparently their communication with OpenTable isn't the best). Not a good start. The food was good. Nothing amazing, but tasted ok. I would expect a little better for the price, but I was more disappointed in the overall service. The manager did comp us a round of drinks and a sushi roll because they lost our reservations, so that is why I gave them two stars instead of one. The waitress is what brought it down from a higher score. She was nice enough, but constantly forgot to bring things we ordered. Overall, it was just ok. Entertaining, but won't go back.Special Features:
- Good Food - Poor ServiceNeen14Dined on 3/6/2014The title says it all. I have been to this restaurant a number of times and have NEVER gotten good service. The servers are always hard to find and un-attentive. Ive only been here at lunch time and it always takes a long time to order, to get your food, to find the server to get your bill and to pay. Its definitely not a "lunch hour" place. The sushi is good. They have some yummy roll combinations, which is the only reason I keep going back. I keep hoping that one of these days the servers will get better. So far no luck with that.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT SUSHI IN MIDTOWN!1KTravelerVIPDined on 3/4/2014I'm a regular at Sapporo Grill and love the freshness and quality of the sushi and sashimi. Wines are very reasonably priced and service has been friendly and attentive. The atmosphere is upbeat with sleek decor. For those dining on Sunday through Wednesday, the "by one roll, get one for $1" deal can't be beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bento LunchmerlotVIPDined on 2/26/2014We went for lunch and we all ordered the Bento lunch. The service was better than the last time when I went for happy hour. Since we didn't order sushi, I can't really comment on that aspect and that is the true test of a restaurant liek this. The Bento lunches were good, nothing special. Ihad tempura and sashimi. The fish was very freshSpecial Features:
- Great spot!DonnaVIPDined on 2/14/2014We had only three dining options in the whole of Sacramento on Valentines night, as I had forgotten that we would need a booking on this special day! So we chose Japanese although the kids were a little dubious, as they had never had Japanese before, and they didnt like sushi. But we were very surprised at the menu variety, and grill choices, and the kids absolutely LOVED cooking their own beef strips on a hot rock! And the cocktail menu was awesome with gorgeous drinks that were not your regular boring cocktail choices, but were really delicious. We will definitely go back here again when we are in Sacramento ..... Cheers Sapporo :)Special Features:
- The sushi was great. The HibachiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The sushi was great. The Hibachi style food was also good but seemed a little over priced
- romancesushijoe1Dined on 2/14/2014great dinner for two. staff was great the drinks were very good, but the food was fantastic. i look forward to going again. for the amount of food we ordered the price was very reasonableSpecial Features:
- First time hereDavinoDined on 2/14/2014This was our first time here it was great food great service and loved the atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs workdzdinerDined on 2/8/2014We had a party of 6 dine at Sapporo Grill last Saturday. We requested to dine at the Teppan Table as that is usually the best for a great show and great food! The chef put on a pretty good show and the food was good but the Teppan Table location was right in front of the kitchen and at the back end of the Sushi bar. Very strange. All six of us were seated in one long line at the "bar/table" so conversation was not possible except with the people right next to you. Our waiter was very friendly but we didn't see a lot of him as he seemed to be taking care of tables all over the restaurant. We also had to wait 15 min. for the Teppan Table to heat up even though we had reservations. Very disappointing service - 'tho I'd try it once more.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedMaryandTonyDined on 2/6/2014The food and the service were very good. Our waitress was the friendliest I've had in a long time. She was helpful on what to have and always smiling. There was plenty of food for what we paid. Our total bill was just less than 50 bucks for the two of us less tip of course. For the service and selection it was a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good, but wouldPrettygroupDined on 1/24/2014The food was good, but would like a better sushi roll selection. Everything had fried food. Bento box was a great price. Service left more to be desired.... Our waitress needed to be a little more mature and attentive at serving drinks. Also, when wanting change for a $20 to leave the tip, I did not get any ones. Her tip suffered for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GREAT EVENING1KTravelerVIPDined on 1/23/2014I came here for a business dinner and was not disappointed. The decor and vibe were very conducive to conversation and the staff were friendly and helpful. The sushi was fresh and delicious, as always. This is one of my go to places in SacramentoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner recently at Sapporo's. . .we feasted on 4 of the small plates between the two of us and each one was exceptional. Thank you Sapporo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the menu hereBrieVIPDined on 10/5/2013they have a wide range of options here. try the sliders. YummySpecial Features:
- Wheelchair PatronJaneDined on 9/27/2013We reserved a table through OpenTable and called to confirm the reservation plus to notify the restaurant we needed a table that would accommodate a person in a wheelchair. Lady that answered the phone said no problem. We arrived and the table they tried to seat us at was very high off the ground, don't know what she was thinking then she said we could sit at the sushi bar. Again I thought what was she thinking here we reserved a table and let them know in advance what we needed and no consideration was given. They ended up seating us in a private room which still put the wheelchair patron in an awkward position. Very unacceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Teppan Yuki?LILQLTRDined on 9/14/2013They only had seating for 5 people. That's it. We had to wait for the other 3 people who had made a reservation ... 30 minutes of waiting before they told us we were the only guests waiting for teppanyaki. It was weird.
- Disappointed loyal customerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2013My wife and I were disapointed with the service we received during our last visit which was unapologetically so slow. A typically 45-minute dinner (green tea, edamame, a few rolls, and mochi) turned into a dragging one hour and 40 minute affair. The sushi was good, but the price demends good service.
- Birthday DinnerTaylorMadeDined on 7/20/2013My Bday dinner was great....I had tofu and veggies....The food was so good!!!!....My Boyfriend had steak and was very pleased with it.....The service was great,,,,,,My Cocktail a little to much ice......(.Vodak and cranberry)........I'll be back....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service impeccableDCLinRioVistaDined on 7/11/2013Food was excellent, ambiance great. However the service was fantastic. Ray was terrific, the best waiter I've had in a very long time. A true gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SushiSacsjwDined on 6/28/2013The sushi choices and prices and taste is great! Our server Diana did a great job and us very knowledgeable about her restaurant. She did a great job on suggestions and making sure we were taken well care of by her and happy. The only downside is the 6 of us would have preferred a booth instead of the counter height wood table that is close to front of place. Also the entrees sizzling dishes were not as enjoyable and as well as the ribeye steak that one of us ordered had very little taste and thin. Next time we go will order the sushi only and ask to be seated in a booth. Those stools are uncomfortable. Thanks SacsjwSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday DinnerSactoDDined on 6/16/2013Overpriced for the food quality and service. The interior needs to be updated, Don't need to sit in big cushy chairs to eat. 2 big screens on the wall with wires and cords hanging down. The waiter didn't seem to know much about what's in the food. Corn fed beef is not healthy, why do they advertise it? We had to send one order back because it had bread crumbs on it. I would not visit this restaurant again.Special Features:
- The wat staff is cluelessOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/21/2013The wat staff is clueless about the menu. He didnt know if they had cheese, or if it was possible to make a simple substitution. I was offered a "free" piece of cake to celebrate my birthday. The owner came over and insisted that I pay for it. when I explained that I didnt order t (nor would I have) and that it was offered, he finally gave in and removed it from our bill. He spoke rudely to the staff about other tables, and frankly the staff looked miserable. I have no idea how they stay in business. There is MUCH better food out there!
- Excellent on Mother's DayDaveSDined on 5/12/2013The Sushi was fresh and tasty. The Service, Steak and Seafood were outstanding. The Three Mothers in our group had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.