New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sapphireny.com/
- Phone: 2122454444
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Vajay Bhargava/ Guman Saugh
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Wine
A word from Sapphire
Sapphire serves multiregional fare in an airy, serene space. The food is well worth its price, and the prix fixe lunch is quite a buy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sapphire reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (37)fit for foodies (16)great for lunch (12)good for groups (10)special occasion (6)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)romantic (5)notable wine list (3)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Enjoyed our meal hereEHS12Dined on 8/17/2014We were looking for a west side Indian restaurant for dinner. Frankly, there aren't a lot of choices that are dining experiences. The food was very good here as was the service and we liked the atmosphere in the restaurant. We had an enjoyable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014We're not conossoires, but we loved the food we ate. Service was great - although there were very few people since it was late. But service was very quick and food well prepared and presented. Great for a late night dinner.Special Features:
- Good overallJMTRVIPDined on 8/6/2014But waiter didn't tell us that one of the ice cream flavors wasn't available, and then substituted another one without saying anything until we asked. Not great service.
- Wonderful experience!GemmaDined on 8/6/2014This is our second visit to Sapphire and certainly not our last we LOVE this place! The food is excellent, the staff is lovely, kind, warm and professional, you almost don’t know they are there-they are just that good. The wines are amazing and the staff is knowledgeable which just adds to your great meal.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceDCLDadDined on 7/31/2014Our experience was so good, we went twice! Service was terrific, the waiter remembered us in detail.Special Features:
- Very nice Indian restaurantnew2nycVIPDined on 7/21/2014Very good Indian food..Four of us had very nice time at dinner here.noise level and ambiance especially nice for seniors. good for dining before or after any activities in the Lincoln Center area. The service was attentive,and whole experience positive. our friends had been here before& wanted to return, and now we do also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Good After All These Yearstimeflies1Dined on 7/16/2014If you need a good Indian meal near Lincoln Center this is it. We shared the chatapata poori which was an excellent start. Light, tasty and a good way to prime yourself for the entree. Wish there one or two more on the plate. My date has shrimp saag and I had chicken korma. Good portions were enough but not big. Sapphire is one of the few Indian restaurants that charge extra for rice. It would be better if it were built in to the cost for the entree. Entrees and rice were done to perfection. Service was attentive without being overbearing. Only issue was getting the attention of a waiter to get our bill.
- An enjoyable experience54thfoodieVIPDined on 7/4/2014Have visited this restaurant on many occasions and never been disappointed. A good spot to dine before or after an event at Lincoln Center.
- Nice ambiance, good foodSpeisekritikerDined on 7/1/2014Sapphire has a nice ambiance with real linens making the dining experience very pleasant. The service is attentive, but not intrusive. The food is good, but not exceptional - my dish was a bit oily but tasty. The entrees are served without rice which must be purchases a la carte. It would be much better to have smaller portions and include the rice. Restaurants with largely rice-based cuisines that do not include rice with the entree are annoying and off-putting. The menu is also rather limited for an Indian restaurant. Sapphire is a nice place to go before a performance at Lincoln Center but be prepared for a completely a la carte fee structure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lincoln Center SecretSvenskDined on 6/30/2014Here is wonderful restaurant close to Lincoln Center that is wonderful for its service and menu. Scaffolding has been up for years on the block it seems, to you may not see it on Broadway, the same side as Lincoln Center, which is only three blocks up the street.Special Features:
- Better in memorynatchDined on 6/26/2014I've liked this restaurant for years and it's convenient to Lincoln center, but we hadn't been there recently. The food seemed closer to standard Indian restaurant fare this time rather than something special as I'd remembered it. Our table shared three dishes and the lamb dish was good, a vegetable dish I used to love was middling, and the third, a chicken dish, was a real disappointment. It tasted like flavorless plain-cooked chicken meat had been served in a so-so sauce. We may try it again--or not.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/25/2014This is my favorite place in the Lincoln Center area. The food is top of the line although the service could be a tad more friendly. It never gets too crowded or noisy and we get out in time for the concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightful as alwayshenrieNYCVIPDined on 6/10/2014Fine Indian cuisine from a variety of regions. Something for everyone, even those who "don't like Indian food."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendbluecarDined on 6/7/2014My husband and I are fans of Indian food and this restaurant rates for us as one of the best. The food is tasty without being overpowering and the service is attentive. Very conveniently located.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- location,locationOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/31/2014convenient to lincoln center with wonderful food and outstanding serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very reliably goodJazzyLadyDined on 5/30/2014This is a good place near Lincoln Center. Good, but not wonderful Indian.Special Features:
- Lincoln Center IndianDAW44Dined on 5/22/2014Very convenient to Lincoln center and more reasonable than most of the Time-Warner restaurants. One of the few indian restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Always delightfulJoanVIPDined on 5/22/2014Mango shrimp, peshwari nan are consistent favorites. Lovely room. "Grade Pending" placard on the door is a bit disconcerting.Special Features:
- MehOccasionalvisitorDined on 5/22/2014My Indian friend said there's no such thing as Indian fine dining. Which made sense after this visit. The food was good, just not good enough to justify their prices. Especially since every item was a la carte. $20 each for medium sized bowls of lamb and plate of chicken is pricey. And $5 for a bowl of rice. A $10 box with an entree, rice & 2 vegs would have been a better deal.
- Nice spot before a showYummyTummyDined on 5/19/2014Went here with friends before a show at LaGuardia High School. The food was delish especially the lamb shashlik. It was a bit pricey for Indian food but inexpensive for the neighborhood . I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for something more interesting in a neighborhood full of tourist traps and mediocre, expensive American food.Special Features:
- Wonderful lunch buffetNicknameVIPDined on 5/16/2014Sapphire's lunch buffet is consistently very good. There's a wide choice of appealing dishes. I highly recommend it. My only suggestion/complaint is that they could refill the offerings a little faster. Sometimes the wait can be too long for a favorite dish or two to be refilled.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/15/2014As more I come to this restaurant as more I learn about the menus to make a perfect Choice. It just the waiters are not very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice meal but....NancyVIPDined on 5/15/2014the food at Sapphire is great but this time I was disappointed with the service. The restaurant was not full, but no one came to refill our water, take our second drink order. And my raita side never came ---... the neighborhood, and ambiance are so terrific, i hope they improve their wait service to match.Special Features:
- Steadily improvingJustFolksVIPDined on 5/7/2014Not yet outstanding, but the food is getting better and better, and it is not nearly as overpriced as most of its Lincoln Center neighbors.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 820 reviews are from the Sapphire reviews archive.
- Yummy!foodloverVIPDined on 4/30/2014Love the lunch buffet!!! Many delicious choices. Very attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okChappaqua5423VIPDined on 4/29/2014Ho hum Indian food close to Lincoln Center. The service was lovely and we had plenty of time to make the theater, but there was nothing special about the food. Too much sauce in every dish. And nothing creative.
- Always excellent.PhilipVIPDined on 4/26/2014Sapphire is our favorite Indian restaurant. The fool is always outstanding, and the menu has numerous excellent dishes to select from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hi-valueIRWINICODined on 4/16/2014A best buy in the Lincoln Square area. Its hard to imagine spending less and getting comparable fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The most delicious Indian foodLaurenSVIPDined on 4/12/2014We love Indian food but have found our children ask to go to Sapphire. It is always delicious and feels special. Plus, there are not a lot of interesting food options in the West 60s.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expected!TruefoodieVIPDined on 4/12/2014What a great restaurant! I really enjoyed the lunch buffet and the place. It's close to where I live and wish I've visited there before. Great food for great deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All about locationJanieCFDined on 4/11/2014This restaurant is convenient to Lincoln Center. The food was good but the service was I attentive and the staff in general was rude.
- Adult-Conversation FriendlyQuaCarolDined on 4/7/2014Sapphire is a perfect place to dine with people you really enjoy talking to. The Indian food is excellent. The restaurant is quiet! The tables are well-spaced. This meant that our party could have real conversation, and because we were dining at 7:30 on a rainy Monday night we were able to linger for more than two hours with several empty tables around us and not get nudged along by the staff. Most hospitable. Most delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointingJohnnyDDined on 4/6/2014Not great flavours or tastes but I think that's pretty much par for the course in US Indian restaurants. Definitely not worth a visit if you like your Indian food.
- Good Indian restaurant by Lincoln CdogownerVIPDined on 4/5/2014We recommend it before a performance at Lincoln Center. I highly recommend the tandoori shrimp.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, food and serviceBleeDined on 4/5/2014Only steps from Jazz at Lincoln Center, this was perfect for pre- or post-performance meal. Attractive space and good service. I love Indian food and the variety here is appealing. Everything was delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific inexpensive lunchBarbVIPDined on 4/5/2014The lunch buffet can't be surpassed. Delicious, graciously served, great variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you love great Indian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/29/2014If you love great Indian food this is not the place for you. The food is sub par. Ambiance and service were good. I think my water glass was topped off at least six times. The food was just not very good. After sitting for a few min the palak paneer developed a puddle of oil near the spoon. The vegetables in the byrani were plentiful but over cooked
- Reasonably priced near LincolnOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/28/2014Reasonably priced near Lincoln Center. Very nice buffet Saturday, well-priced.Special Features:
- Food was OKKB1990Dined on 3/27/2014Food was OK but we have had several much better currys (in the UK to be fair) . Service was fairly grumpy! Would not recommend.
- Classy Indian restaurantBluecoatVIPDined on 3/23/2014I've eaten in a lot of Indian restaurants over the years, and I've liked this one among the best. Friendly, attentive service, lovely surroundings, most of the dishes you'd expect plus several I haven't seen elsewhere. I have eaten here quite a number of times over several years and never had a bad meal. The lunch buffet is also particularly good. I particularly like the chatapata poori appetizer and the lamb kohlapuri and lamb xacutti dishes. My wife likes the kerala chicken. They make a mean Bombay Sapphire martini, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.