Sapphire Indian Cuisine
500 Via de Palma
Boca Raton, FL 33432Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $31 to $50
Sapphire Indian Cuisine
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://sapphireboca.com/
- Phone: 5613622299x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Sapphire Indian Cuisine
Sapphire Boca Raton is the latest and most enthralling new venture by NJ/NY based Indian Cuisine Restauranteur Raju Brahmbhatt. Indian Cuisine, the food from the Indian subcontinent in Asia is primarily characterized by the extensive use of various spices, herbs and other vegetables and sometimes fruits. The subcontinent is as diversified in its culinary traditions as its languages and religions, thus, include a wide assortment of dishes and cooking techniques. As a consequence, it varied from region to region, reflecting the varied demographics. The idea behind this concept is to show Floridians something that reflects modern India in terms of design, ambiance, and cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sapphire Indian Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (14)good for groups (8)romantic (6)great for lunch (5)special occasion (5)great for outdoor dining (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great Modern Indian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Second time going there for lunch on a Sunday. Chose the "Thali" lunch special. Tastes and looks great! It's an assortment of 8-9 small dishes, all set around a Naan bread. Highly recommended. We're definitely going there again.Special Features:
- Pleasant Decor, Nice foodelmarcinDined on 10/3/2014The food was very nice but the restaurant was too warm. Service was OK, attentive but nothing memorable. I would eat here again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sapphire is not a jewelFoodiesquaredDined on 9/26/2014Dined on a Friday night and only four to five tables with diners. Our waiter looked inexperienced and not very knowledgeable pertaining to menu. A shrimp appetizer game out lukewarm at best and not thoroughly cooked. I asked for food to be medium on the spice meter and all dishes were mild and bland. This restaurant will not survive if it continues to serve lackluster food.
- Best in town but doesn't say muchLordHappyDined on 9/22/2014This isn't packaged like a homestyle, bigger city Indian joint with finger-licking good food. You have to accept it for what it is: super-expensive rent to be offset by hideously-expensive ($12), small-pour drinks and somewhat smaller portions. The food was tasty. The goat dish we had was supposed to be the spiciest on the menu as designated by 3 stars, was flavorful, but completely lacking in heat. The na'an was good, our chicken dish nicely interpreted. I think that's kind of it...this is a tasty place, best Indian in Boca, but there's nothing to compare it to of note. I'd come back if I was craving Indian, but I'd skip the drinks entirely.
- Food was good but not amazingdineruniversalDined on 9/21/2014We usually go to an Indian Restaurant in Fort Lauderdale, Bombay Cafe, and I have to say their food is slightly better with more spices and flavor maybe even more authentic? Although the ambience is more sophisticated at Sapphire I didn't think the food matched the sophistication. We had the Tandoori Lamb Chops which actually was my favorite as far as taste and flavor. We also had the chicken tikka masala and chicken korma which were both alright but not exceptional. We also had the samosa which was very good with crispy shell and nice filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014Great, delicate, complex Indian food! Comparable to NYC.Special Features:
- Still evolving...DemandingMaxVIPDined on 9/17/2014Not sure if management understands what they need to do to succeed in East Boca. Still no bartender, drinks weak, and $20 for a double of vodka on the rocks? Yikes!! Some of the entrees were served warm, rather than hot, were they sitting around before being brought to the table? This was a mid week dine with only about 5 tables occupied in the restaurant. While food was tasty, it lacked "punch", I think I'll wait about a month before returning to see if improvement occurs. Hope it does, as this could be a welcome addition to our area if properly staffed and managed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally, a good Indian restaurantFrequentDinerVIPDined on 9/14/2014Not spicey unless you request it. Very good selection and although they do not have a buffet, they have good alternatives. Been there twice within a week so far and consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hope it gets betterRonsterwoo33reviewDined on 9/6/2014Opened a few weeks ago. Waiters not attentive. No atmosphere. Food not bad, but not great either. Very noisy when it wasn't very crowded. Martinis not served in proper martini glasses.
- Good Indian findsanskidDined on 8/31/2014Good Indian food in a nice ambiance. Took an expert on Indian who loved it.Special Features:
- Indian Food Lovers RejoiceLocalsVIPDined on 8/30/2014I love Indian food and it's something lacking in the Boca food scene. With Sapphire that loss no longer exists. This is an attractive, upscale restaurant with a full and fine menu, excellent service and moderate prices. We have been twice now and very pleased both times. I love very spicy foods, my husband does not and there are plenty of menu options to please a range of palates. The breads are to die for, we have sampled a few already and have to resist having more so there is room left for dinner. There is a tandoori menu with plenty of grilled options for those who prefer, I tend to gravitate to sauces and have enjoyed the kormas.Special Features:
- On par with NYC & London IndianFoodKnightDined on 8/25/2014All white sleek new to Boca fine dining Indian restaurant. I like the décor but my wife would prefer something more colorful perhaps some Indian fabrics on the wall. The service was choppy. Our waiter seemed unfamiliar with the menu and how the dishes were prepared. Another member of the staff dropped several pieces of cutlery on the table next to us creating a distraction in the whole restaurant. The food is very good, not world class but the best Indian you will find in Boca. I had the lamb vindaloo. The lamb was tender and the chili peppers gave it just the right kick. My wife's chicken tikka was wonderful with an excellent creamy tomato sauce. Prepared mild it is an excellent choice for those who don't enjoy spicy food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/21/2014Not just great Indian food, great food! Appetizers, entrees, drinks, atmosphere... All A plus!Special Features:
- Not Ready For PrimeTimeDemandingMaxVIPDined on 8/16/2014The food was very tasty, nicely presented, and my dining colleague, who knows Indian food, declared it as outstanding. We dined on a Saturday night, with a reservation for 4 at 7:30. We were seated at a table near the front entry door, w/ half of our group facing the very active kitchen door. It was an undesirable table, and when I asked for a different table, I was told "no", even though desirable booths were open. The problem here is with management. They were GROSSLY UNDERSTAFFED. After ordering two drinks and appetizers, the drinks came to the table 35 minutes later, and were poorly made. The food arrived at 8:45, and frankly, while quite good, the dining experience was ruined by the unreasonabletime it took to receive the food.
- Love the food and place..chavansVIPDined on 8/16/2014Finally really nice and appropriate Indian restaurant in Boca. My husband and I am so happy and glad to have Sapphire in Boca Raton. :) Will be going to the place often. Food, ambience, and service really good...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Outstanding. Some of the best Indian food we've had.I would recommend this to a friend.
- At Last!GourmetVIPDined on 8/14/2014Having resided in the UK for many years, and experiencing Indian cuisine regularly, we were disappointed that the only decent Indian restaurant offering great food, service, ambience, etc., was a 25 mile drive from Boca! Needless to say, one visit to Sapphire will convince you this restaurant has it all! I'm partial to lamb biryani, and it's not only flavorful and delicious, you get enough for a second meal. We've been to the restaurant twice in the past month, and have introduced friends to it, much to their delight! Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried to be gourmet indiandaveDined on 8/14/2014it was ok, but not great. we thought the servings were on the small side. charged us one dollar each for water.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great additionVeganforLifeVIPDined on 8/8/2014Sapphire is a great addition to the Boca Raton restaurant scene. We have eaten there two times and can't wait to go back to try other dishes. The first time there were just two of us, the next time we brought 8 friends. Each time the experience was outstanding. The service is swift and professional. The food was simply delicious. Many options for me, the vegan and for those who are meat eaters. We look forward to going back.Special Features:
- New good Indian restaurant in BocalynterDined on 8/2/2014They are new. They have only one review each on Yelp and TripAdvisor, both excellent. Food was good, but nothing to brag about. The menu does look interesting with some unusual choices such as goat. We asked for spicy-hot (hotter than USA-normal, but not Indian-spicy-hot) but the food was delivered was not spicy-hot. Service was excellent, very attentive; but they have a few kinks to work out. As an example, our food was not delivered hot. On a summer Saturday night they were full inside and it was a bit noisy. They don't have a menu posted out front and their web site is not completed--which I find amazing for a new place. We will go back to give them a second chanceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair ExperienceLeahDined on 8/2/2014We recently dined at Sapphire Indian Cuisine. We were very surprised that they did not have any beer available and limited wine choices , nor did they have Kulfi ice cream. I was very unhappy with our table as it was at the door to the restroom and the entire dinner I heard the bathroom doors opening and the toilets flushing. Additionally, Chai Tea was not available. Appearance and presentation of the food was good, however, the food did not measure up. Do not plan to return.
- Great Indian FoodEatOutKingVIPDined on 7/24/2014So happy to have delicious indian food in the area.Special Features:
- Excellent mealWineArtVIPDined on 7/24/2014This was our second visit to Sapphire. The interior design is very modern and lovely. Food was very good, and service was excellent. We will definitely return.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Sapphire Indian Cuisine reviews archive.