2701 N Halsted
Chicago, IL 60657Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.saporitrattoria.net/
- Phone: 7738329999
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday Dinner: 4:00pm-10:00pm; Friday-Saturday Dinner: 4:00pm-11:00PM; Sunday Dinner: 3:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony Barbanente
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call restaurant for details.
- Entertainment: Live conversation friendly accoustical jazz on Tuesdays
- Special Events: Sapori often does Chef Hosted Wine Dinners...for additional details...see the manager on duty or email us.
- Cross Street: Diversey
- Public Transit: Diversey Brown Line, Fullerton Train stop, Clark St. Bus, Halsted Bus, Diversey Bus. Abundant Cabs at all Hours
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Valet available Friday-Saturday. Complimentary parking Sunday-Thursday in their private lot (The covered Home depot parking lot next door.
A word from Sapori Trattoria
Sapori is a popular neighborhood restaurant featuring an innovative presentation of Italian cuisine at a reasonable price. The restaurant has an intimate warm feel & a friendly helpful staff. The highly visible owner & Italian chef runs Sapori & focus on bringing customers uniquely satisfying dining experiences. Sapori offers an extensive, affordable wine list & a full selection of spirits. ***Reserve your birthday dinner with us & we will send you out a premium dessert for free - it's your birthday!***Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Sapori Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Lincoln Park ›
Sapori Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
275 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (196)fit for foodies (130)special occasion (125)romantic (123)notable wine list (82)good for groups (75)great for outdoor dining (72)hot spot (31)kid-friendly (26)late-night find (15)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (4)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- SaporiOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014GREAT food!!! Would go back again even without the Groupon!!!Special Features:
- Great FoodRoninDined on 9/12/2014The staff is very friendly. Vince and Ricardo are the managers and are nice guys. Carol was our waitress and is exceptional.Special Features:
- Excellent find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Came here with a group of 7 and everyone loved it - great food/great service!! Appetizers were tasty and a good size. The dinner portions were large - especially the lasagna!! Very nice wine list too. Will definitely be returning when visiting Chicago - a very nice find away from downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodGoodfoodDined on 9/10/2014The food is amazing. Tried the brussel sprout salad very different. My waiter was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint, cozy, tasty & reasonableIonaribDined on 9/9/2014Food and service were great. Ambiance is homey and warm. Wine list was fitting and well thought out. Prices are moderate enough to make it a regular spot. However, just hope you don't get seated next to a table of obnoxious New Yorkers, or you'll feel like you're sitting in THEIR dining room.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was fabulous, seating notAshTVIPDined on 9/5/2014As usual, our dinner was fabulous. Unfortunately the seating situation was not. Of the many times I've dined at Sapori I've always felt bad for the two person table right in front on the bar. It's in the main pathway for patrons to enter/exit the restaurant and a steady stream of servers buzzing by to nearby tables. Anyone waiting for a table stands directly in front on the bar, which is basically right on top of this spot. Luckily it's the only time we've been stuck there, but it happened to be my husband's birthday & I'm seven months pregnant, so it was a little distracting/annoying to enjoy our evening out. That said, the food was delicious as always and our server couldn't have been sweeter. The pumpkin pasta will always be my fave!Special Features:
- Great placeJodieDined on 9/4/2014A great neighborhood gem well worth a visit. Great food, great wine and great service. Best lasagna in town.Special Features:
- Hidden GemFoodiecoupleVIPDined on 9/3/2014Tasty Italtian food with fresh ingredients such as stem artichokes rather than canned. Large portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely Worth IttmariVIPDined on 9/2/2014This was our second visit to Sapori and it was as good as the first. This place is a real gem. The waiters are extremely attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. A visit from the chef was a pleasant surprise. The food is fantastic. really enjoyed the Tuesday night Italian tapas menu especially the squid ink gnocchi.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodScotVIPDined on 8/31/2014We always love coming here. The food is consistently good, and it's a nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Italian at its bestCcmgkDined on 8/30/2014This charming restaurant exceeded our expectations. The food is so fresh, and being Italian myself, it reminded me of my great grandmother's cooking. The pasta is all homemade, so the huge portion of lasagna was light and delicious. The fried calamari was tender and lightly breaded. The linguine with white clam sauce was reminiscent of being in Italy. The rustic charm of the exposed brick walls, and the openness to the street made this a homey place to enjoy our meal.The paddle fans provide the "air conditioning" so it can be a little warm, but the food more than makes up for it. They never rushed us either. We were left alone to truly enjoy our food and each other. We will go back next time we are in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly a neighborhood gem.QuarrayDined on 8/26/2014You want authentic Italian? It's here in Lincoln Park. Every dish is as good as the next. Get the ricotta with squid ink or the duck leg. Unreal.Special Features:
- Happy.....AnonymousVIPDined on 8/25/2014First time here with my boyfriend and we loved it. We did the Monday special and we were impressed with everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place with wonderful foodRobbVIPDined on 8/24/2014My favorite Chicago Italian restaurant-and it's in the neighborhoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second trip and still amazing!NickVIPDined on 8/24/2014We received a coupon in the mail from the chef inviting us back and who could resist that. This time, we brought my parents along as well. Mushroom risotto is the best I have ever had! Great wine list too! Will be back, best Italian we have found in the Midwest.Special Features:
- littoangelVIPDined on 8/23/2014Pasta was absolutely delicious. Tiramisu was a nice way to end dinner.Special Features:
- consistently excellent foodbrikristDined on 8/23/2014have been coming here and getting takeout for years. great spot for a 5pm dinner with 2 kids, or a later-night romantic dinner. great homemade pastas - the Bolognese and Gnocchi Brivido are always excellent. Great deals for repeat customers.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014Great food and great service. Outstanding sea bass and deserts are delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We were an hour late for the reservation because of public transportation issues and they seated us right away! they also made sure we were out in time to catch a show that we had tickets for. Excellent service and delicious food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near North Gemasdf1234VIPDined on 8/21/2014In the ParkWest/Lincoln Park neighborhood is this exceptional find. White linen tablecloths, comfortable, quit and incredible food. When in Chicago this is a great place to go just a short ride from the loop. It is inexpensive and they probably could get away charging twice the price but they don't. Cool thing is they have free parking in the adjacent Home Depot deck parking lot, very cool. Very near Blue Man Group and Wrigley field it is well worth it.Special Features:
- OutstandingMred44Dined on 8/19/2014The Osso Bucco was superb, now place that on top of one of the best pastas in recent memory and you have the makings of a dish rivaling any restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service, even better food!!Food4thoughtDined on 8/17/2014Came to Sapori Trattoria on a date night and had an amazing evening! Since visiting Italy, if I see butternut squash or pumpkin on the menu I get it and Sapori's Cappellacci di Zucca did not disappoint!! My boyfriend had the Cappellacci all'Aragosta, a lobster pasta, and we couldn't decide on a favorite. The service was great, no complaints and I will be bringing my family back here when they visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for date nightsdiner1Dined on 8/16/2014Our server was wonderful and attentive. My date loved his lasagna and my lobster ravioli hit the spot. The ambience was great and the martinis as well. Recommend the cucumber MartiniSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service deprivedDomenicoDined on 8/16/2014Service was substandard. While the food was good things were very crowded, hence the service suffered. I really believe that the course of the evening is predicated on the service received. Ours was less than expected. Our previous experiences were far better. I do hope that Sapori improves it's service!Special Features:
- REFRESHING!DanRanDined on 8/16/2014Wanted to catch a meal prior to show at Apollo, not expecting much. However they provided one of the best Italian meals I have had in a long time. Timely service, generous portions…..Perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- claudiaDined on 8/15/2014very noisy. good pasta at a reasonable price. risotto was overcoked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner ExperienceNoneDined on 8/15/2014This is a great neighborhood cozy restaurant with great food. Will definately return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantastiqueMaloy1422Dined on 8/12/2014Nous avons trouvé le restaurant sur trip advisor. Il était proche de notre hôtel days inn sur diversey park. A10 minutes à pied. Très bon service et bonne nourriture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itlovelyDined on 8/11/2014Love it, love it. Food was great, service - great.Special Features:
- YumFoodieDined on 8/10/2014We drive in from Evanston several times a year to enjoy the excellent meals at Trattoria. The only problem we have is deciding which of the delicious choices to order. The prices are fair and we always have leftovers for dinner the next night. Trattoria is our favorite Italian restaurant in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible ExperienceRestaurants01Dined on 8/9/2014The second the waitress came bye (after waiting a bit), we knew the service was going to be bad. Twice we asked her for something and she didn't respond and just walked away. The mgr told us his waitress informed him we were intoxicated and said he couldn't serve us alcohol. He didn't observe us or ask if we had been drinking. After a 10 minute conversation he realized we were not only articulate but not intoxicated. He slowly backtracked said I can serve you this time and then even offered us a bottle of wine. But at this point the damage was done, and worse, he still was not genuinely apologetic. He just wanted to give us something for accusing us of being drunk and then realizing his waitress was wrong.
- The food is always good hereCarolDined on 8/9/2014The food is delicious and plentiful and you always have lunch for the next day.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014Good place to dine before theater,within walking distance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great once seatedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014I had made reservations about 3 weeks ahead of time but when we showed up to the restaurant at 8pm for our reservations, those who were walk-ins and who had reservations at later times than us were seated before us and were preferentially given outside seating, which was our request at the time of the original reservation. We ended up not being seated until around 8:35pm inside, when our reservations were for 8pm outside (when we arrived at 8pm there were 4+ available 2-person tables outside, but were given to others). Once seated the food and service were great. If I return I likely wont bother to make a reservation because it does not seem to be taken into account.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/2/2014Great service; outstanding food! The menu is extensive and has a lot of interesting options along with some traditional Italian favorites.Special Features:
- Great dinner!jh46530Dined on 7/31/2014I read the great reviews about Sapori and thought we would give it a try. It was wonderful. Classic Italian restaurant atmosphere, cozy and inviting. My funny (ha, ha) husband said it was only missing Don Corleone taking a bullet. The food was terrific. Perhaps I overdid it with the squid, but I had grilled calimari for an appetizer which was terrific, and for my entre had the gnocchi with black squid ink, calamari and grilled shrimp. It was truly one of the tastiest dishes I have ever had. It was spicy, but absolutely delectable. I cannot tell you how fabulous that dish is! We had a great waiter, Matt, who was a dead ringer for Frank Zappa, which delighted my husband. Matt, attentive and fun, enjoyed the Frank Zappa banter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceMakeItCountDined on 7/30/2014There were four of us, ranging from 19 to 54 and we all loved it. Pasta was great and I had some sort of shell fish soup/stew that was outstanding. Big portions, great bread. Fun atmosphere, great service. We sat inside near an open window -- not noisy but lively. Comfortable, but for more special occasions. Prices aren't outrageous -- particularly given the quality, but it's not cheap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CamisadoDined on 7/26/2014I was coming from out of town and had heard of many great Italian places in Chicago. I looked long and hard through sources and Sapori Trattoria kept coming up. Nothing and I mean Nothing disappointed. Our waiter was friendly and helpful opening multiple wines to find our fave. The calamari was the greates I've ever had anywhere. Even down to the salad and minestrone was phenomenal. The main courses were out of this world. Full of flavor. Perfectly cooked pasta. My date's ink stained gnocchi was one of the most inventive and delicious pasta items I've ever had the pleasure to experience. The ambience was perfect. We ate upstairs. Quiet but personable. Tables not all bunched together. Perfectly romantic. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a friendly placekd8rVIPDined on 7/25/2014Had a lovely evening here, sat outside and enjoyed the summer evening and good food. The bread was wonderful and our meal so good. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Love it!BillRDined on 7/23/2014We continue to go to this local restaurant because it has great ambience and great food. We feel comfortable and it always meets our expectations. It is the go to restaurant for an anniversary or birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.