2701 N Halsted
Chicago, IL 60657Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.saporitrattoria.net/
- Phone: 7738329999
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday Dinner: 4:00pm-10:00pm; Friday-Saturday Dinner: 4:00pm-11:00PM; Sunday Dinner: 3:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony Barbanente
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call restaurant for details.
- Entertainment: Live conversation friendly accoustical jazz on Tuesdays
- Special Events: Sapori often does Chef Hosted Wine Dinners...for additional details...see the manager on duty or email us.
- Cross Street: Diversey
- Public Transit: Diversey Brown Line, Fullerton Train stop, Clark St. Bus, Halsted Bus, Diversey Bus. Abundant Cabs at all Hours
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Valet available Friday-Saturday. Complimentary parking Sunday-Thursday in their private lot (The covered Home depot parking lot next door.
A word from Sapori Trattoria
Sapori is a popular neighborhood restaurant featuring an innovative presentation of Italian cuisine at a reasonable price. The restaurant has an intimate warm feel & a friendly helpful staff. The highly visible owner & Italian chef runs Sapori & focus on bringing customers uniquely satisfying dining experiences. Sapori offers an extensive, affordable wine list & a full selection of spirits. ***Reserve your birthday dinner with us & we will send you out a premium dessert for free - it's your birthday!***Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Sapori Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Lincoln Park ›
Sapori Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
275 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (194)fit for foodies (128)romantic (125)special occasion (117)notable wine list (81)great for outdoor dining (76)good for groups (75)hot spot (36)kid-friendly (26)late-night find (17)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- love this spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Small restaurant, but fantastic food & wine! Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very overratedahmedDined on 9/22/2014I ordered the lobster ravioli (the dish with the highest reviews) and I would probably give it a 6.5/10. My friend ordered the drop off the bone veal with lasagna and is around 7/10. The only we order we loved was the bruschetta.. that was really good (9/10)Special Features:
- Expected BetterWillyDined on 9/20/2014Was seated immediately upon arriving for a 7:15PM reservation. Server was great. Appoligized several times due to the fact that we waited almost an hour for our dinner to be served. Food was just avwerage for the price. Linguini Alle Vongole - Spaghetti with Clam sauce was overcooked. It was so hot when it came out it must have been microwaved. Risotto Pescatore was soupy and very fishy tasting. For the price, there are better alternatives.Special Features:
- Frank D.FrankDined on 9/19/2014Great food and wine list, with affordable pricing and large pasta portions. The food had an authentic italian taste, which will keep me coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick with the BasicsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014We expected a lot of creative dishes but the award winning ravioli dish we ordered fell short (dry, overwhelming squash taste overshadowing raviolis). The waiter did an excellent job of correcting the problem, provided a free desert and even removed the item from the bill. Stick with the basics and this will be a great choice.Special Features:
- Average diningHappyEater56Dined on 9/19/2014We ate here as we were not able to get a reservation at short notice at other restaurants in Chicago. Whilst the food is not bad, it cannot be considered great cuisine.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Terrific opening courses. Loved the Italian bread. We split a salad. Very creative and tasty. Loved the dressing. Not heavy. We both got the sea bass which was incredibly tender but maybe a bit too much with the garlic. Still good. Would get it again. Didn't get the desert but heard great things about it. Overall a real nice experience. Service was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always excellentsthoDined on 9/16/2014Sapori is our go to place. The best veal meatballs ever, not to mention risotto and outstanding Bolognese. Love to go on Tuesday when they have small plates and we can order more than one of our favorites. And their bread is the best anywhere.Special Features:
- Great Italian RestaurantSJA44Dined on 9/15/2014I had family visiting over the weekend, and they wanted to go to a great Italian Restaurant. I took them to Sapori Trattoria, and we were not disappointed. It was a great and pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014This was delicious. Great seafood pasta dishes. Each one I've had here over the times I've been has been delicious. A wonderful, independent neighborhood spot--my finance and I definitely want to start coming here more often!Special Features:
- tasteeDined on 9/13/2014The pumpkin ravioli was insanely tasty. I don't know how they do it, but they had unbelievably good service, especially considering how their size and busy they were. Everything was prompt, we never were wanting for a waiter or water. Normally this isn't something you notice unless the service was lacking, but they did such a great job that we had to give them a shout out. The place is big but very well divided so that it retains a good sense of intimacy. Definitely going to be coming back here.Special Features:
- Great food but horrible servicequirkychicaVIPDined on 9/13/2014I had reservations at 8:30pm that we had made the same day. When we walked in at 8:30 we were told we had to wait another 15-20 minutes - what's the point of a reservation? We decided to wait outside. After 20 minutes, I went to check if our table was ready and was ignored for another 5 minutes by BOTH the host and hostess. After we were finally seated, the bus boy came by to say it'd be a few minutes on the bread as they were making it. A table was seated after us and was on their second bowl of bread before our waitress came by to check on our appetizer. She also was far more attentive to her other tables than ours. Food was great but with so many Italian places with far better service, I won't be a repeat diner.
- Perfect after the Apollo!kgeatsDined on 9/13/2014We were looking for a nice, romantic place to go after the Apollo theatre. Our service was great, the food was fantastic, and the ambiance was perfect. Sit upstairs if you want a little more quiet and romantic atmosphere. We will be back!Special Features:
- Great Italian PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Incredible food and wine list. Service was fantastic. One of my favorite Italian spots in the city. Get the pumpkin pasta. Delicious!Special Features:
- SaporifoodieDined on 9/12/2014GREAT food!!! Would go back again even without the Groupon!!!Special Features:
- great food choicesindyDined on 9/12/2014it was great…the risotto was delish …the fish not so much..we would defiantly go back again!Special Features:
- We Had a Great Meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014As always, we had a great meal at Sapori. It's a very relaxed atmosphere, with great staff and the food is very good. We recommend it highly!Special Features:
- Great FoodRoninDined on 9/12/2014The staff is very friendly. Vince and Ricardo are the managers and are nice guys. Carol was our waitress and is exceptional.Special Features:
- Excellent find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Came here with a group of 7 and everyone loved it - great food/great service!! Appetizers were tasty and a good size. The dinner portions were large - especially the lasagna!! Very nice wine list too. Will definitely be returning when visiting Chicago - a very nice find away from downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodGoodfoodDined on 9/10/2014The food is amazing. Tried the brussel sprout salad very different. My waiter was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UTDaveDined on 9/10/2014grilled calamari is awesome if you remove some of the sauce...lasagna portion is crazy large but very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint, cozy, tasty & reasonableIonaribDined on 9/9/2014Food and service were great. Ambiance is homey and warm. Wine list was fitting and well thought out. Prices are moderate enough to make it a regular spot. However, just hope you don't get seated next to a table of obnoxious New Yorkers, or you'll feel like you're sitting in THEIR dining room.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was fabulous, seating notAshTVIPDined on 9/5/2014As usual, our dinner was fabulous. Unfortunately the seating situation was not. Of the many times I've dined at Sapori I've always felt bad for the two person table right in front on the bar. It's in the main pathway for patrons to enter/exit the restaurant and a steady stream of servers buzzing by to nearby tables. Anyone waiting for a table stands directly in front on the bar, which is basically right on top of this spot. Luckily it's the only time we've been stuck there, but it happened to be my husband's birthday & I'm seven months pregnant, so it was a little distracting/annoying to enjoy our evening out. That said, the food was delicious as always and our server couldn't have been sweeter. The pumpkin pasta will always be my fave!Special Features:
- Great placeJodieDined on 9/4/2014A great neighborhood gem well worth a visit. Great food, great wine and great service. Best lasagna in town.Special Features:
- Hidden GemFoodiecoupleVIPDined on 9/3/2014Tasty Italtian food with fresh ingredients such as stem artichokes rather than canned. Large portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely Worth IttmariVIPDined on 9/2/2014This was our second visit to Sapori and it was as good as the first. This place is a real gem. The waiters are extremely attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. A visit from the chef was a pleasant surprise. The food is fantastic. really enjoyed the Tuesday night Italian tapas menu especially the squid ink gnocchi.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodScotVIPDined on 8/31/2014We always love coming here. The food is consistently good, and it's a nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Love This PlaceroadtripperDined on 8/31/2014Good service. It is a bit cramped, but everyone is friendly, so not a problem. You just know you will get a very good meal at a reasonable price. Everyone here seems to like their jobs. You sure don't find that everywhere. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian at its bestCcmgkDined on 8/30/2014This charming restaurant exceeded our expectations. The food is so fresh, and being Italian myself, it reminded me of my great grandmother's cooking. The pasta is all homemade, so the huge portion of lasagna was light and delicious. The fried calamari was tender and lightly breaded. The linguine with white clam sauce was reminiscent of being in Italy. The rustic charm of the exposed brick walls, and the openness to the street made this a homey place to enjoy our meal.The paddle fans provide the "air conditioning" so it can be a little warm, but the food more than makes up for it. They never rushed us either. We were left alone to truly enjoy our food and each other. We will go back next time we are in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly a neighborhood gem.QuarrayDined on 8/26/2014You want authentic Italian? It's here in Lincoln Park. Every dish is as good as the next. Get the ricotta with squid ink or the duck leg. Unreal.Special Features:
- Happy.....AnonymousVIPDined on 8/25/2014First time here with my boyfriend and we loved it. We did the Monday special and we were impressed with everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place with wonderful foodRobbVIPDined on 8/24/2014My favorite Chicago Italian restaurant-and it's in the neighborhoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second trip and still amazing!NickVIPDined on 8/24/2014We received a coupon in the mail from the chef inviting us back and who could resist that. This time, we brought my parents along as well. Mushroom risotto is the best I have ever had! Great wine list too! Will be back, best Italian we have found in the Midwest.Special Features:
- littoangelVIPDined on 8/23/2014Pasta was absolutely delicious. Tiramisu was a nice way to end dinner.Special Features:
- consistently excellent foodbrikristDined on 8/23/2014have been coming here and getting takeout for years. great spot for a 5pm dinner with 2 kids, or a later-night romantic dinner. great homemade pastas - the Bolognese and Gnocchi Brivido are always excellent. Great deals for repeat customers.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014Great food and great service. Outstanding sea bass and deserts are delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We were an hour late for the reservation because of public transportation issues and they seated us right away! they also made sure we were out in time to catch a show that we had tickets for. Excellent service and delicious food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near North Gemasdf1234VIPDined on 8/21/2014In the ParkWest/Lincoln Park neighborhood is this exceptional find. White linen tablecloths, comfortable, quit and incredible food. When in Chicago this is a great place to go just a short ride from the loop. It is inexpensive and they probably could get away charging twice the price but they don't. Cool thing is they have free parking in the adjacent Home Depot deck parking lot, very cool. Very near Blue Man Group and Wrigley field it is well worth it.Special Features:
- OutstandingMred44Dined on 8/19/2014The Osso Bucco was superb, now place that on top of one of the best pastas in recent memory and you have the makings of a dish rivaling any restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service, even better food!!Food4thoughtDined on 8/17/2014Came to Sapori Trattoria on a date night and had an amazing evening! Since visiting Italy, if I see butternut squash or pumpkin on the menu I get it and Sapori's Cappellacci di Zucca did not disappoint!! My boyfriend had the Cappellacci all'Aragosta, a lobster pasta, and we couldn't decide on a favorite. The service was great, no complaints and I will be bringing my family back here when they visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.