2701 N Halsted
Chicago, IL 60657Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.saporitrattoria.net/
- Phone: 7738329999
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday Dinner: 4:00pm-10:00pm; Friday-Saturday Dinner: 4:00pm-11:00PM; Sunday Dinner: 3:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony Barbanente
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call restaurant for details.
- Entertainment: Live conversation friendly accoustical jazz on Tuesdays
- Special Events: Sapori often does Chef Hosted Wine Dinners...for additional details...see the manager on duty or email us.
- Cross Street: Diversey
- Public Transit: Diversey Brown Line, Fullerton Train stop, Clark St. Bus, Halsted Bus, Diversey Bus. Abundant Cabs at all Hours
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Valet available Friday-Saturday. Complimentary parking Sunday-Thursday in their private lot (The covered Home depot parking lot next door.
A word from Sapori Trattoria
Sapori is a popular neighborhood restaurant featuring an innovative presentation of Italian cuisine at a reasonable price. The restaurant has an intimate warm feel & a friendly helpful staff. The highly visible owner & Italian chef runs Sapori & focus on bringing customers uniquely satisfying dining experiences. Sapori offers an extensive, affordable wine list & a full selection of spirits. ***Reserve your birthday dinner with us & we will send you out a premium dessert for free - it's your birthday!***Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sapori Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
256 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (174)fit for foodies (124)romantic (113)special occasion (108)good for groups (73)great for outdoor dining (72)notable wine list (70)hot spot (33)kid-friendly (18)late-night find (11)great for lunch (7)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Always amazingJlevitDined on 10/17/2014I go here regularly, and the food and service are always amazing. They never disappoint! You must try this as I consider this my favorite Italian restaurant hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/11/2014Going from all of the reviews and ratings we expected really good food. We were very disappointed in the quality - it was nothing special. They also gave us a form to fill out at end of meal not sure what it was about - felt it was so tacky I did not even look. We would compare this experience to an Olive Garden meal.Special Features:
- Great Second VisitsamjamDined on 10/11/2014We were in Chicago to celebrate a birthday. We ate here last year for the same occasion and decided to repeat the experience. We were very pleased once again. The salads, entrees [seafood pastas], desserts and wines were all excellent. Our server was first-rate - patient and helpful. This may be a new annual tradition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid neighborhood ItaliannomadVIPDined on 10/11/2014Went night before marathon. Prices seemed high for food and decor, but portions were huge! Friendly but not the most attentive service. Food wasn't particularly creative but was tasty and fresh. Nice option to have in neighborhood.
- Pre-Marathon Carbo LoadChicagoBadgerDined on 10/11/2014I had my parents in town the night before I ran my first marathon, and so (based on reviews online) I picked out Sapori Trattoria. The food was phenomenal. The service was attentive, but not annoying. Overall I had a great experience and will be coming back. Also, the pasta did a great job of getting me through all 26.2 miles!Special Features:
- Carb loading!Calgary1Dined on 10/11/2014We visited Sapori Trattoria the night before the Chicago Marathon to load up on carbs. The waiter was very knowledgable and helpful when it came to the menu and wine list. Our food was unbelievable! The portion sizes were large and my only disappointment was that my stomach wasn't big enough to eat it all! I would definitely revisit this restaurant the next time I'm in Chicago!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/9/2014Be prepared for extremely generous portions and impeccable serviceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Time!JBChicagoDined on 10/7/2014We had an amazing dinner! A perfect pumpkin appetizer (great for the Fall), and I had ribs. Ribs at an Italian place??? Unheard of! But they were Awesome! So tender! Never had any ribs as delicious!!Special Features:
- Very Enjoyable.NickDined on 10/6/2014Visited Sapori with friends from out of state. It was a wonderful evening. Everything from the food to the service was top notch. We will absolutely be visiting again.Special Features:
- OutstandingShannonmacaroniDined on 10/4/2014We spent our second anniversary dining at Sapori Trattoria and they made it a night to remember! We were led to a lovely private table and given customized menus that said "Happy Anniversary!" Lights in the quiet restaurant were dim, with romantic candles on each table. Our server, Meg, went above and beyond to make our evening special. We started off with the avocado crostinis- delectable! Then we ordered the Penne Cardinale and the capellaci de zucca (pumpkin ravioli). Both were delicious. We were full and opted out of ordering dessert, but Meg brought us a small tiramisu on the house to celebrate our anniversary. We will absolutely be back! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and welcomingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/3/2014Sapori is a gem for all occasions. Romantic for two, but good for a crowd, the ambiance and service is warm and welcoming. Most importantly, the food at Sapori is top notch and reliably executed.Special Features:
- Sapori Trattoria is PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/1/2014My reservation was ready when we arrived. They took us to a table to the side where we could talk easily and still take in the vibrance of the scene. We sat down after our menus were placed on the table and it read, "happy birthday Gayle" as a headline. It was a lovely surprise to both of us and especially to my dear Gayle. We order our food excitedly with plenty of requests for not so hot or on the side or split. They kindly honored every request. Our server was spot on with charm, refilling wine glasses and checking in just the right amount. Andrea was awesome. She never bat and eye at any of our needs. At the end of our meal, I did not even need to ask for dessert, it arrived with a candle in it and was set in front of Gayle.Special Features:
- Fabulous restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014We had such a wonderful experience at Sapori tucked into the Lincoln Park neighborhood of Chicago. The food was ouTstanding and the service extra special. Upon our next visit to Chicago this is a go to place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Small restaurant, but fantastic food & wine! Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very overratedahmedDined on 9/22/2014I ordered the lobster ravioli (the dish with the highest reviews) and I would probably give it a 6.5/10. My friend ordered the drop off the bone veal with lasagna and is around 7/10. The only we order we loved was the bruschetta.. that was really good (9/10)Special Features:
- Expected BetterWillyDined on 9/20/2014Was seated immediately upon arriving for a 7:15PM reservation. Server was great. Appoligized several times due to the fact that we waited almost an hour for our dinner to be served. Food was just avwerage for the price. Linguini Alle Vongole - Spaghetti with Clam sauce was overcooked. It was so hot when it came out it must have been microwaved. Risotto Pescatore was soupy and very fishy tasting. For the price, there are better alternatives.Special Features:
- Frank D.FrankDined on 9/19/2014Great food and wine list, with affordable pricing and large pasta portions. The food had an authentic italian taste, which will keep me coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick with the BasicsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014We expected a lot of creative dishes but the award winning ravioli dish we ordered fell short (dry, overwhelming squash taste overshadowing raviolis). The waiter did an excellent job of correcting the problem, provided a free desert and even removed the item from the bill. Stick with the basics and this will be a great choice.Special Features:
- Average diningHappyEater56Dined on 9/19/2014We ate here as we were not able to get a reservation at short notice at other restaurants in Chicago. Whilst the food is not bad, it cannot be considered great cuisine.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Terrific opening courses. Loved the Italian bread. We split a salad. Very creative and tasty. Loved the dressing. Not heavy. We both got the sea bass which was incredibly tender but maybe a bit too much with the garlic. Still good. Would get it again. Didn't get the desert but heard great things about it. Overall a real nice experience. Service was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always excellentsthoDined on 9/16/2014Sapori is our go to place. The best veal meatballs ever, not to mention risotto and outstanding Bolognese. Love to go on Tuesday when they have small plates and we can order more than one of our favorites. And their bread is the best anywhere.Special Features:
- Great Italian RestaurantSJA44Dined on 9/15/2014I had family visiting over the weekend, and they wanted to go to a great Italian Restaurant. I took them to Sapori Trattoria, and we were not disappointed. It was a great and pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014This was delicious. Great seafood pasta dishes. Each one I've had here over the times I've been has been delicious. A wonderful, independent neighborhood spot--my finance and I definitely want to start coming here more often!Special Features:
- tasteeDined on 9/13/2014The pumpkin ravioli was insanely tasty. I don't know how they do it, but they had unbelievably good service, especially considering how their size and busy they were. Everything was prompt, we never were wanting for a waiter or water. Normally this isn't something you notice unless the service was lacking, but they did such a great job that we had to give them a shout out. The place is big but very well divided so that it retains a good sense of intimacy. Definitely going to be coming back here.Special Features:
- Great food but horrible servicequirkychicaVIPDined on 9/13/2014I had reservations at 8:30pm that we had made the same day. When we walked in at 8:30 we were told we had to wait another 15-20 minutes - what's the point of a reservation? We decided to wait outside. After 20 minutes, I went to check if our table was ready and was ignored for another 5 minutes by BOTH the host and hostess. After we were finally seated, the bus boy came by to say it'd be a few minutes on the bread as they were making it. A table was seated after us and was on their second bowl of bread before our waitress came by to check on our appetizer. She also was far more attentive to her other tables than ours. Food was great but with so many Italian places with far better service, I won't be a repeat diner.
- Perfect after the Apollo!kgeatsDined on 9/13/2014We were looking for a nice, romantic place to go after the Apollo theatre. Our service was great, the food was fantastic, and the ambiance was perfect. Sit upstairs if you want a little more quiet and romantic atmosphere. We will be back!Special Features:
- Great Italian PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Incredible food and wine list. Service was fantastic. One of my favorite Italian spots in the city. Get the pumpkin pasta. Delicious!Special Features:
- SaporifoodieDined on 9/12/2014GREAT food!!! Would go back again even without the Groupon!!!Special Features:
- great food choicesindyDined on 9/12/2014it was great…the risotto was delish …the fish not so much..we would defiantly go back again!Special Features:
- We Had a Great Meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014As always, we had a great meal at Sapori. It's a very relaxed atmosphere, with great staff and the food is very good. We recommend it highly!Special Features:
- Great FoodRoninDined on 9/12/2014The staff is very friendly. Vince and Ricardo are the managers and are nice guys. Carol was our waitress and is exceptional.Special Features:
- Excellent find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Came here with a group of 7 and everyone loved it - great food/great service!! Appetizers were tasty and a good size. The dinner portions were large - especially the lasagna!! Very nice wine list too. Will definitely be returning when visiting Chicago - a very nice find away from downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodGoodfoodDined on 9/10/2014The food is amazing. Tried the brussel sprout salad very different. My waiter was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UTDaveDined on 9/10/2014grilled calamari is awesome if you remove some of the sauce...lasagna portion is crazy large but very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint, cozy, tasty & reasonableIonaribDined on 9/9/2014Food and service were great. Ambiance is homey and warm. Wine list was fitting and well thought out. Prices are moderate enough to make it a regular spot. However, just hope you don't get seated next to a table of obnoxious New Yorkers, or you'll feel like you're sitting in THEIR dining room.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was fabulous, seating notAshTVIPDined on 9/5/2014As usual, our dinner was fabulous. Unfortunately the seating situation was not. Of the many times I've dined at Sapori I've always felt bad for the two person table right in front on the bar. It's in the main pathway for patrons to enter/exit the restaurant and a steady stream of servers buzzing by to nearby tables. Anyone waiting for a table stands directly in front on the bar, which is basically right on top of this spot. Luckily it's the only time we've been stuck there, but it happened to be my husband's birthday & I'm seven months pregnant, so it was a little distracting/annoying to enjoy our evening out. That said, the food was delicious as always and our server couldn't have been sweeter. The pumpkin pasta will always be my fave!Special Features:
- Great placeJodieDined on 9/4/2014A great neighborhood gem well worth a visit. Great food, great wine and great service. Best lasagna in town.Special Features:
- Hidden GemFoodiecoupleVIPDined on 9/3/2014Tasty Italtian food with fresh ingredients such as stem artichokes rather than canned. Large portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely Worth IttmariVIPDined on 9/2/2014This was our second visit to Sapori and it was as good as the first. This place is a real gem. The waiters are extremely attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. A visit from the chef was a pleasant surprise. The food is fantastic. really enjoyed the Tuesday night Italian tapas menu especially the squid ink gnocchi.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodScotVIPDined on 8/31/2014We always love coming here. The food is consistently good, and it's a nice atmosphere.Special Features: