Sapori Ristorante - Newport Beach
1080 Bayside Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Sapori Ristorante - Newport Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.saporinb.com/
- Phone: 9496444220x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Salvatore Maniaci
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Sapori Ristorante - Newport Beach
Established in 1989, Sapori Ristorante - Newport Beach is a culinary experience unique from any other. Owner and chef, Sal Maniaci, has brought his firsthand knowledge of Italian cuisine to Newport Beach. A genuine Mediterranean setting coupled with experienced and knowledgeable waiters add to Sapori's authenticity. The remodeled patio featuring a fireplace and outdoor heaters creates an intimate atmosphere perfect for romantic and warm outdoor dining. Signature dishes include penne otero, farfalle salmone, scalloppine gorgonzola, and several other original pasta and meat dishes. Traditional Italian appetizers and desserts such as calamari fritti and tiramisu and an excellent wine list complete the menu.Continued
The restaurant is perfect for special occasions, private parties, baby showers, and weddings
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Sapori Ristorante - Newport Beach - Best Restaurants in Newport Beach ›
Sapori Ristorante - Newport Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (27)neighborhood gem (20)special occasion (16)romantic (14)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (10)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (6)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I haven't eaten here in several years and thought to give it a try for my mom's birthday. The lovely outdoor setting was very enjoyable.It was so delicious and everyone enjoyed everything. I had salmon that was particularly good!Special Features:
- VoyagerDined on 8/23/2014Entrees were quite good (risotto and sea bass) although the salads were less so - dressing on the house specialty less was a tad off (and the use of iceberg lettuce on a salad of some price was surprising). Service was very attentive and friendly. Dessert (carrot cake) was also very good. Noise level was much, much more than energetic, and made it quite hard to converse..it may just have been our misfortune to be there on a night when several parties of 4-6 ladies were having a night out and felt obligated to share their raucousness with everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood FIND!!LindaMarieVIPDined on 8/8/2014We love Sapori! Marriott never heard of Sapori! I found it on OpenTable...and I knew they would not stear me wrong. Happily I was correct! Our server, Pino, was outstanding,as was the friendly owner, Sal. Food was authnetic Italian and followed the meaning of Sapori, which means " the flavors". Prices were very fair for an upscale, white table cloth Italian restuarant. Homemade pastas and sauce,perfectly prepared veal chop,lamb chops, and lasagna. A must go if you are in Newport.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it here!bb4scDined on 8/2/2014Great food! Everything on the menu is delicious. And get a spot on the patio, if you can. They are the best seats in the house.Special Features:
- Fine Italian DiningBelleDiningVIPDined on 7/24/2014Sapori Restaurant is one of my favorite spots in Newport Beach, the food is excellent, the service is impeccable, as well as an intimate dining experience.Special Features:
- LIsleDined on 7/6/2014The sea bass there is the most amazing dish!! All their food is good and very fresh.Special Features:
- Always a satisfying experienceBushyDined on 6/17/2014Great food , nice setting. Really , this is a hidden gem. I take people fr out of town and locals and everyone remarks about the unexpected good food and pleasing atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family's Favorite!OhmaDined on 6/15/2014None of our 19 children/grandchildren, who all live out of town, will consider a visit to Newport Beach without at least one dinner at Sapori! Ann and Sal were most gracious about accommodating our last-minute reservation for 4 on Fathers' Day. The patio was filled to the brim with families celebrating dads and grads. Our server Paolo was in rare form, managing to keep everyone happy. The food was outstandingly delicious, as usual. Now we even do takeout from Sapori when we're too tired to come in after a long trip!Special Features:
- tclawDined on 6/8/2014Usually we have very prompt service but this time we sat for a very long time without anyone coming to our table to take our drink order - we had to ask another waiter for someone to come by - we the waiter finally came he asked how I was and I said I was thirsty and he asked me what I wanted before asking the girls - not very appropriate conductSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2014Great attention to my daughter on her 18th birthdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 198 reviews are from the Sapori Ristorante - Newport Beach reviews archive.
- mamagainesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2014As always fabulous! They are like family and we share all our special occasions with Sal and his team!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantLove2dineeDined on 4/29/2014Great staff, great food, and a nice atmosphere! There was a sophisticated ellegence about the restaurant and they were very accommodating as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic hidden gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/29/2014The service is always top notch and so is the food.Special Features:
- Fantastic little restaurant!NYC2OCDined on 4/25/2014Coming from New York, we have had a difficult time finding quality Italian food in OC. This place has IT!!! Great service, fantastic food (veal picatta was the best I have ever had!!!) and we look forward to making this our "go to" place for dinners out!!!Special Features:
- love2youDined on 4/22/2014We love this ristorante for the food and the outdoor dinning. The food is great.Special Features:
- Tony4848VIPDined on 4/18/2014It's a wonderful neighborhood resterauant with owner management, nice and courteous waiters and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food here is good not great.ccffVIPDined on 4/11/2014Its pretty average here. Don't know if I will be back or not. That's my true honest opinion. Salad had way too much dressing and the Chicken Picata was average at best.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceChilipepperDined on 4/9/2014We enjoyed the food (best Caesar salad we've had in years), the attentive but not clingy service, the patio surrounded by shrubs and vines giving it a private dining feeling. This was our first visit, but we'll be back.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureMicMozVIPDined on 4/5/2014Always a pleasure dining at Sapori, be it with a family party of 8 or a nice dinner for 2. The service is welcoming and accommodating, the patio lovely, and the food fresh and delicious.Special Features:
- ALWAYS FABULOUS!KingDined on 3/29/2014Once again, Sapori was the perfect setting for our family celebration! So much fun for all ages and a fun atmosphere for a celebration. The food was delicious and the ambience great but what makes this place so special is the staff and service - impeccable and attentive in all ways!! They made our evening a great success!Special Features:
- Away too longsherylenVIPDined on 3/29/2014We hadnt been to Sapori in years altho just down the street. It was a Very enjoyable experience, ambience was crowded but not too loud, everyone's food was delicious and served In a timely manner. We will be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We felt like the waiters andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2014We felt like the waiters and management staff were determined to close at 10:00 promptly. They started to clear our table without asking, did not ask if we wanted anything else, turned off the fireplace and turned up the lights as telling the last few couples that it was time to leave. The food was not very good. We would never return to that restaurant.
- Simply the bestZorroDined on 3/22/2014I've tried them all. Sapori is the best in OC. It's similar to the great, chef owned, small places in NYC, SF, and Seattle. Great food, great service, the owners greet you, and their caring surrounds you.Special Features:
- Good but not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/17/2014I found this restaurant searching online. The restaurant looks great and seemed like a good place to have date with my Girlfriend. The food look good and seem appetizing. When we got there the place looked good and the staff was friendly. We had an in time. We had the Mozzarella caprese, bland even for a caprese, and the Beef Carpaccio which was also ok. I did enjoy my lamb chops. Cooked and seasoned well but overall all experience was moderate for the price I paid. Dessert was also ok. I was not horrible disappointed but also not blown away.Special Features:
- Slow at SaporiMollyDined on 2/15/2014My daughter came home for the weekend and we planned a special dinner with her grandparents. When we arrived, our table wasn't ready so we sat at the bar. During our wait, not one bartender asked us if we wanted a drink (the bar is very small) and when we were finally seated, we sat at the table for 15 minutes before a waiter came to the table. The service was finally ok but rushed during dinner however it was so noisy and loud we couldn't hear each other unless we talked very loudly! It wasn't a very good setting for us.
- Good Food Can't Lift Poor ServiceFoody2014Dined on 2/15/2014Good food but you have to wait long for a mediocre service. Better take out.
- Disappointed DinerDisappointedDined on 2/15/2014The service at Sapori Ristorante was very, very slow. Our waiter came by infrequently and only when prompted. While the restaurant was crowded, due to the Valentine weekend holiday, it seemed that there was not sufficient staff to serve the number of guests. My pasta dish came out cold and had to be remade. The second attempt, it was not at the appropriate temperature. Overall, the experience was disappointing.Special Features:
- Considering it was Valentine'sBunkerVIPDined on 2/14/2014Considering it was Valentine's day everything was perfect. Very unusual for that holiday. Very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014we had a great time, good food and service, moderately priced. nice table spacing with indoor and patio seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Five Star GemJB007Dined on 2/14/2014I have been a customer for about 15 years. Sapori Ristorante is a great restaurant for its food, service and ambience. A hidden gem tucked away on Bayside Drive near the entry bridge onto Balboa Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn't returnOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/8/2014It's a shame the food isn't good since the service was wonderful and the atmosphere was charming. This restaurant has the makings of being great if it weren't for the poor quality of food. I ordered the gnocchi and asked for a gorgonzola cream sauce. The cream sauce wasn't on the menu but since I know how to make the sauce I knew that this was a simple request. They did accommodate me but the gnocchi itself was awful. No flavor and the dish was basically a gelatins mess. My husband's meal wasn't any better. It was a disappointing night.
- First time at this restaurant.Mar1naDined on 2/1/2014First time at this restaurant. You would not think a great restaurant like this will be in a shopping center. Beautiful setting, great food and wonderful time!Special Features:
- Nice place and probably betterOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/30/2014Nice place and probably better for dinner. We were there for lunch and just about had the place to ourselves. Unfortunately, the gnocchi was a disappointment. The gnocchi themselves tasted old and the gorgonzola sauce barely tasted of gorgonzola. Otherwise, the salads were fresh as well as the bread.Special Features:
- Always great Italian food.PinheadDined on 1/18/2014Always great Italian food. Patio is beautiful and cozy with fireplace.Special Features:
- Perfect eveningTeriDined on 1/18/2014Great place to enjoy a relaxing delicious meal with friends. Service was good and food was delicious. We all had something different and loved it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad but not greatKywnVIPDined on 1/5/2014Not bad but not great. Service was good, but food was really just plain generic Italian food at a more expensive price. They had a nice but not excellent wine selection
- Staff and food were good.SaporiDined on 1/1/2014Staff and food were good. Very friendly. Great location.Special Features:
- Hidden GemwhhivDined on 12/31/2013Sapori is true hidden gem. One of the finest Italian restaurants in Southern California. We often take visiting friends and the food and service never let us down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little things impress me likeTateeDined on 12/21/2013Little things impress me like qualityof bread, authentic salad dressing, etc. The Veal Piccata is nicely done, no clumps of flour in the lemon sauce which is rendered right from the saute pan. Accompaniments are delicious roasted potatoes and a plentiful portion of green beans (served plain except for the garlic, which I personally could do without. Veal Piccata is delicate and I find garlic on the same plate a distraction to the palate.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMichelleVIPDined on 12/20/2013Great food and atmosphere. Best Italian in Newport.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.