Sapori Ristorante - Newport Beach
1080 Bayside Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Sapori Ristorante - Newport Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.saporinb.com/
- Phone: (949) 644-4220
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Salvatore Maniaci
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Sapori Ristorante - Newport Beach
Established in 1989, Sapori Ristorante - Newport Beach is a culinary experience unique from any other. Owner and chef, Sal Maniaci, has brought his firsthand knowledge of Italian cuisine to Newport Beach. A genuine Mediterranean setting coupled with experienced and knowledgeable waiters add to Sapori's authenticity. The remodeled patio featuring a fireplace and outdoor heaters creates an intimate atmosphere perfect for romantic and warm outdoor dining. Signature dishes include penne otero, farfalle salmone, scalloppine gorgonzola, and several other original pasta and meat dishes. Traditional Italian appetizers and desserts such as calamari fritti and tiramisu and an excellent wine list complete the menu.Continued
The restaurant is perfect for special occasions, private parties, baby showers, and weddings
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sapori Ristorante - Newport Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)great for outdoor dining (33)special occasion (20)romantic (17)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (13)notable wine list (12)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Linquini and clams - YUM !!cindybDined on 11/17/2014We are on a trek for new restaurants and have been using the OC Register lists and recommendations. Turns out, we went to Sapori years ago with a large family group - loved it then - love it now. Linguini and Clams - very abundant clams - perfect blend of garlic and juice. My husband had Sausage and Peppers - sausage thinner than we are used to, but a great mid-spicy flavor. Another must have for us - Calamari appetizer. Crisp and the best !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mrs. Ileana MonroydinealfrescoDined on 10/20/2014I we enjoyed the dinner and the food was good. We went to celebrate my son's 23rd birthday. OutSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SicilianfoodieDined on 10/17/2014This was the first time my wife and I dined at Sapori Ristorante. We found the food excellent, especially their home made lasagna. Possibly the best I have had in years. The wine list is also very good! Their service was outstanding and the place is exceptionally clean. I definitely recommend this for a nice warm dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Same as Alwayslove2youDined on 10/14/2014We have never had a bad meal here. We always enjoy it.Special Features:
- Above and BeyondPuffinDined on 10/3/2014What a great night! There were six of us celebrating my husband's birthday. They easily accommodated my 92 year old father with a walker. The menu is varied, the food excellent., and served in a unique fashion. We brought our own birthday cake; very accommodating with that, cutting slices for us after we blew out the candles. Overall, it was a memorable dining experience. We will definitely return. PuffinSpecial Features:
- Good placelvtoeatVIPDined on 10/3/2014We had an enjoyable dinner here. The food was good--our waiter exceptional--and we had a nice time. Too noisy, though, as is most places.Special Features:
- LDeWittDined on 9/25/2014Service was excellent! The carpaccio and the penne in vodka sauce were exquisite! Great drinks, wonderful wine, beautiful patio dining!Special Features:
- DisappointedSpankyDined on 9/20/2014We would have preferred to sit outside in the Garden area but the hostess put us inside even though there were several tables available outside. It seems like they catered more to local people and we could not sit outside.Special Features:
- Wow, just lovelyfoodie4lifeDined on 9/7/2014My husband and I enjoyed everything about our experience here, and we are tough critics! Pino our server was knowledgeable and patient with us as we wanted to take our time. Minestrone soup was phenomenal, as well as the sea bass and tiramisu. Espresso was in true Italian fashion as well. We enjoyed a lovely Chianti with our meal. Ambiance on the patio was quaint and the music set the feel. Can't wait to go back, definitely a neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingsherylenVIPDined on 9/5/2014I wish I could have a good report...its a beautiful restaurant and close to my house...but it just was not very good and we paid alot for mediocre. My husband wanted to just go to our usual haunt but I wanted to go to Sapori for a "date night" type of restaurant. we sat next to a very loud group although there werent many of us there, our spinach salad had this very tart/sour lemon dressing that was not good, my salmon was totally raw in the middle and had to be sent back. It was delicious when it returned but they offered no free coffee or anything else for having to send back...my husband's meatballs were just ok, nothing to write home about. All in all, a beautiful place but mediocre food at best...
- SuzanDined on 8/31/2014I haven't eaten here in several years and thought to give it a try for my mom's birthday. The lovely outdoor setting was very enjoyable.It was so delicious and everyone enjoyed everything. I had salmon that was particularly good!Special Features:
- VoyagerDined on 8/23/2014Entrees were quite good (risotto and sea bass) although the salads were less so - dressing on the house specialty less was a tad off (and the use of iceberg lettuce on a salad of some price was surprising). Service was very attentive and friendly. Dessert (carrot cake) was also very good. Noise level was much, much more than energetic, and made it quite hard to converse..it may just have been our misfortune to be there on a night when several parties of 4-6 ladies were having a night out and felt obligated to share their raucousness with everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood FIND!!LindaMarieVIPDined on 8/8/2014We love Sapori! Marriott never heard of Sapori! I found it on OpenTable...and I knew they would not stear me wrong. Happily I was correct! Our server, Pino, was outstanding,as was the friendly owner, Sal. Food was authnetic Italian and followed the meaning of Sapori, which means " the flavors". Prices were very fair for an upscale, white table cloth Italian restuarant. Homemade pastas and sauce,perfectly prepared veal chop,lamb chops, and lasagna. A must go if you are in Newport.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it here!bb4scDined on 8/2/2014Great food! Everything on the menu is delicious. And get a spot on the patio, if you can. They are the best seats in the house.Special Features:
- Fine Italian DiningBelleDiningVIPDined on 7/24/2014Sapori Restaurant is one of my favorite spots in Newport Beach, the food is excellent, the service is impeccable, as well as an intimate dining experience.Special Features:
- The following 203 reviews are from the Sapori Ristorante - Newport Beach reviews archive.
- LIsleDined on 7/6/2014The sea bass there is the most amazing dish!! All their food is good and very fresh.Special Features:
- Always a satisfying experienceBushyDined on 6/17/2014Great food , nice setting. Really , this is a hidden gem. I take people fr out of town and locals and everyone remarks about the unexpected good food and pleasing atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family's Favorite!OhmaDined on 6/15/2014None of our 19 children/grandchildren, who all live out of town, will consider a visit to Newport Beach without at least one dinner at Sapori! Ann and Sal were most gracious about accommodating our last-minute reservation for 4 on Fathers' Day. The patio was filled to the brim with families celebrating dads and grads. Our server Paolo was in rare form, managing to keep everyone happy. The food was outstandingly delicious, as usual. Now we even do takeout from Sapori when we're too tired to come in after a long trip!Special Features:
- tclawDined on 6/8/2014Usually we have very prompt service but this time we sat for a very long time without anyone coming to our table to take our drink order - we had to ask another waiter for someone to come by - we the waiter finally came he asked how I was and I said I was thirsty and he asked me what I wanted before asking the girls - not very appropriate conductSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2014Great attention to my daughter on her 18th birthdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mamagainesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2014As always fabulous! They are like family and we share all our special occasions with Sal and his team!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantLove2dineeDined on 4/29/2014Great staff, great food, and a nice atmosphere! There was a sophisticated ellegence about the restaurant and they were very accommodating as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic hidden gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/29/2014The service is always top notch and so is the food.Special Features:
- Fantastic little restaurant!NYC2OCDined on 4/25/2014Coming from New York, we have had a difficult time finding quality Italian food in OC. This place has IT!!! Great service, fantastic food (veal picatta was the best I have ever had!!!) and we look forward to making this our "go to" place for dinners out!!!Special Features:
- love2youDined on 4/22/2014We love this ristorante for the food and the outdoor dinning. The food is great.Special Features:
- Tony4848VIPDined on 4/18/2014It's a wonderful neighborhood resterauant with owner management, nice and courteous waiters and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food here is good not great.ccffVIPDined on 4/11/2014Its pretty average here. Don't know if I will be back or not. That's my true honest opinion. Salad had way too much dressing and the Chicken Picata was average at best.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceChilipepperDined on 4/9/2014We enjoyed the food (best Caesar salad we've had in years), the attentive but not clingy service, the patio surrounded by shrubs and vines giving it a private dining feeling. This was our first visit, but we'll be back.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureMicMozVIPDined on 4/5/2014Always a pleasure dining at Sapori, be it with a family party of 8 or a nice dinner for 2. The service is welcoming and accommodating, the patio lovely, and the food fresh and delicious.Special Features:
- ALWAYS FABULOUS!KingVIPDined on 3/29/2014Once again, Sapori was the perfect setting for our family celebration! So much fun for all ages and a fun atmosphere for a celebration. The food was delicious and the ambience great but what makes this place so special is the staff and service - impeccable and attentive in all ways!! They made our evening a great success!Special Features:
- Away too longsherylenVIPDined on 3/29/2014We hadnt been to Sapori in years altho just down the street. It was a Very enjoyable experience, ambience was crowded but not too loud, everyone's food was delicious and served In a timely manner. We will be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We felt like the waiters andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2014We felt like the waiters and management staff were determined to close at 10:00 promptly. They started to clear our table without asking, did not ask if we wanted anything else, turned off the fireplace and turned up the lights as telling the last few couples that it was time to leave. The food was not very good. We would never return to that restaurant.
- Simply the bestZorroDined on 3/22/2014I've tried them all. Sapori is the best in OC. It's similar to the great, chef owned, small places in NYC, SF, and Seattle. Great food, great service, the owners greet you, and their caring surrounds you.Special Features:
- Good but not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/17/2014I found this restaurant searching online. The restaurant looks great and seemed like a good place to have date with my Girlfriend. The food look good and seem appetizing. When we got there the place looked good and the staff was friendly. We had an in time. We had the Mozzarella caprese, bland even for a caprese, and the Beef Carpaccio which was also ok. I did enjoy my lamb chops. Cooked and seasoned well but overall all experience was moderate for the price I paid. Dessert was also ok. I was not horrible disappointed but also not blown away.Special Features:
- Slow at SaporiMollyDined on 2/15/2014My daughter came home for the weekend and we planned a special dinner with her grandparents. When we arrived, our table wasn't ready so we sat at the bar. During our wait, not one bartender asked us if we wanted a drink (the bar is very small) and when we were finally seated, we sat at the table for 15 minutes before a waiter came to the table. The service was finally ok but rushed during dinner however it was so noisy and loud we couldn't hear each other unless we talked very loudly! It wasn't a very good setting for us.
- Good Food Can't Lift Poor ServiceFoody2014Dined on 2/15/2014Good food but you have to wait long for a mediocre service. Better take out.
- Disappointed DinerDisappointedDined on 2/15/2014The service at Sapori Ristorante was very, very slow. Our waiter came by infrequently and only when prompted. While the restaurant was crowded, due to the Valentine weekend holiday, it seemed that there was not sufficient staff to serve the number of guests. My pasta dish came out cold and had to be remade. The second attempt, it was not at the appropriate temperature. Overall, the experience was disappointing.Special Features:
- Considering it was Valentine'sBunkerVIPDined on 2/14/2014Considering it was Valentine's day everything was perfect. Very unusual for that holiday. Very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014we had a great time, good food and service, moderately priced. nice table spacing with indoor and patio seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Five Star GemJB007Dined on 2/14/2014I have been a customer for about 15 years. Sapori Ristorante is a great restaurant for its food, service and ambience. A hidden gem tucked away on Bayside Drive near the entry bridge onto Balboa Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.