Sapori Ristorante Italiano - NJ
32 W. Main St.
Freehold, NJ 07728Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Sapori Ristorante Italiano - NJ
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.saporinj.com/
- Phone: 7323330324
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 1:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Friday and Saturday, check our website for schedule
A word from Sapori Ristorante Italiano - NJ
We are a family-run business of over 20 years, spanning from Brooklyn, NY., to Cape May County, NJ. Let our chefs tantalize your tastebuds with their creativity and imagination. Don't forget to pick up your favorite bottle of wine!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sapori Ristorante Italiano - NJ reviews from OpenTable diners
- Better then good Italian.IrishlvsItalianDined on 2/27/2014Great service. Food was very good. Highly recommend this restaurant if your looking for better then good Italian in downtown freehold. 2 liquor stores within 1/2 a block to make it a good BYOB experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PleasedMitziDined on 2/1/2014Seemed very quiet for a Saturday and I don't know why. The food was great, from our appetizers all the way to our desserts. Everything was delicious! Definitely recommend and will absolutely be back... Huge place, great for parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fresh foodLynnDined on 1/28/2014This is a fantastic BYOB . Everything is cook to order and fresh . You really get to enjoy and take your time while eating . We were told they have occasional entertainment . It would make a fabulous place for a party or bridal shower .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great JobChloeDined on 1/25/2014We were here for a party and decided to come for dinner. Glad we did. Tomas was our server and took care of us very well. With his recommendation we had the hot antipasto for 2 (clams, mussels, shrimp and mozzarella carrozza). Very good. Fresh and tasty. I had the crabmeat crusted grouper special and my husband had the filet mignon. We both enjoyed our entrees. We ended the night with sharing a tartufo and drinking espresso. Definitely a keeper. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time - terrible service againscintronVIPDined on 12/31/2013We needed a large table, last minute, on New Years Eve, so we decided to try this place again. The first time we went, the service was awful, but the food was acceptable, so we decided to try again in the hopes that they got their act together - they didn't. We waited almost an hour and a half for our first course. Water glasses sat empty, the ice bucket we requested never came, they ran out of a few things on what was a very limited menu to begin with. Most frustrating was the hostess, who sat at her station on both our visits, doing absolutely nothing, while patrons frantically tried to flag down the one and only waiter. This place won't last!
- SaporiOldHomesteadVIPDined on 10/12/2013Average at best. Portions are small but price is big. Service was very very slow.
- Unfortunately this will closeIrawDined on 9/14/2013We arrived at 7pm and were surprised how empty the place was for a Saturday night. Only 5 other tables were occupied. Service seemed a bit slow considering how few diners were there. We heard about a grouper special which was supposed to come over risotto. When our dishes arrived no risotto. we told the server and then we heard yelling in the kitchen. After 10 minutes we were brought plates of risotto. It was raw and tasteless. It was too bad, because the grouper was delicious. We were then told that the server made a mistake and it was not supposed to come with risotto. We will never go back as this place is a failure and a waste of our money
- another local Italian restaurant,eyedocVIPDined on 8/20/2013another local Italian restaurant, best part is BYOB, makes for a reasonably priced dinner experience
- Very nice experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/5/2013We were not sure what to expect since this is a newer restaurant. It turns out the food is delicious! The menu is very reasonably priced and the staff were very eager to please. I would definitely visit this restaurant again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little known gem in FreeholdOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2013This restaurant has ambiance, good food, and competitive pricing. If you are tired of the same old scene, give this place a try. Best of all, it is byob.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedbgcolaDined on 6/24/2013this is our second time at the restaurant, the first time was good, so we tried again with a big group. However, all of our entrees were "changed" by the kitchen/chef from what was ordered. The Zuppa de Pesce, white, was "requested by the chef to be change to red". Not to my liking. Did the kitchen run out of white wine? were these entrees already prepared and needed to be served to other patrons? Oricchette and rabe was served with penne pasta, without asking first.. not good. Nor were the white beans in the dish, as stated on menu. Tiramisu was "changed.. because the kitchen 'ran out'" and an apple crumb dessert was substituted. Not what we wanted .. Wanted chocolate. Waiter should ask before assuming the patron would be ok with the sub
- Great Night Outluv2eatDined on 5/9/2013Huge dining room with high ceilings and hardwood floors. Easily fits 120. Wasn't too busy when we got there but I didn't mind, was looking for a romantic dinner with my wife, wasn't going to be around on Mother's Day & wanted to make it up to her. We were given cheese & olives with our bread, which was a great way to start as we waited for our apps & enjoyed some wine (BYO). We shared a hot antipasto for 2 special. Baked clams, shrimp mozzarella carozza & my favorite NEW ZEALAND GREEN MUSSELS. Loved it. For entrée we had the veal special which was outrageous. Veal chop pounded thin, grilled & topped with a mixture of greens. We had no room for dessert but will next time & there will be a next time, definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/7/2013The food was very good and our waiter Sam was excellent. We have never had much luck finding a good restaurant in Freehold. We finally have found one. Very pretty interior as well, don't be fooled by the outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't goOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/4/2013Not one good thing to say food service noise terrible
- Sapori Ristorante Italiano - AprilOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2013We made last minute reservations on a whim and were very pleased (reservations are definitely recomended). Great selection of main courses, all prepared very well. Sapori offers good food and exceptional service and is on our go back to list.Special Features:
- This is one of the nicesttravellotta1VIPDined on 4/20/2013This is one of the nicest restaurant spaces in the Freehold and surrounding area.Brick wall on one side gives it a great warm look. We dine out alot and we can't believe we have not been here before now. We had a large group (16)celebrating a special occasion. Our meals was delicous. All of the appitizers were very good. Prices are very reasonable for BYOB. They even have a bar area with tv where you could go and watch a game and eat there and BYOB. There was a fantastic singer on guitar playing great music on guitar. Everyone had a such a good time. Again a great venue for not only 2 or 4 but large groups and you are not on top of each other. Cannot wait to return.Special Features:
- Service was wonderful. GreatJulesVIPDined on 3/30/2013Service was wonderful. Great food! Didn't wait long or anything like past reviews.Special Features:
- This was a first visit butOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/9/2013This was a first visit but based on the experience we had we will definitely return many times. Our dinner, from the appetizer to the salad and the entrees we chose, was excellent. Many dishes were uniquely prepared by comparison to other Italian restaurants we frequent.Special Features:
- Decided to try this new downtownOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013Decided to try this new downtown Freehold restaurant after walking by one day and seeing the very attractive menu. For a Saturday night at 8pm there was no wait but we had a reservation. Inside is completely remodeled with high ceilings and very nice decor. Food was outstanding and you can bring your own wine in which is a win-win. Highly recommend and will be going back here.Special Features:
- Food was great, atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013Food was great, atmosphere was very nice, music was very enjoyable, server was polite but slow. He came back 3 times to tell us he would bring water instead of bringing it. We did not receive appetizers for over anhour after we sat down. Don't know if there was a problem in the kitchen but we didn't receive an explanation. Overall, it was very nice and we would try again..Special Features:
- I couldn't wait to try SaporiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013I couldn't wait to try Sapori and I was not disapponted! The staff was very attentive and the ambiance relaxing as a guitarist performed. I had their signature stuffed artichoke which was to die for with just the right amount of delicious seasoned breadcrumbs and artichoke hearts. The short ribs were so tender, like butter, I was able to eat it with a fork. The creme brule was outstanding. I highly recommend this place and would definitely go back!Special Features:
- This restaurant recently openedOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 2/22/2013This restaurant recently opened in downtown Freehold. I read a couple of reviews about poor service. I did not witness this at all. The service was fantastic. We were treated amazing by all involved. The food is amazing. The spinach,pear salad with ceasar dressing might have been one of the best salads I have had. The portions are huge ( enough to share ) I asked if they can offer sauteed calamari instead of fried and I got a huge portion of the most tender calamari in a fra diavlo red sauce ( great ) Before the meal we were offered great bread with oil and some cheese, olives and salami. After the meal we were offered a great fruit plate on the house. The owner ( chef ) came out to greet us after. Give the place a shot..they are newSpecial Features:
- We waited almost an hour forbizzyVIPDined on 2/2/2013We waited almost an hour for our meal, and we did not "special order" anything. Our waiter came out several times and told us that our food would be right out. It was ridiculous. The food was good, but not great. We liked Fredo's much more, but they were closed so we tried this place. It was not nearly as good.
- Food was delicious, but forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2013Food was delicious, but for some reason we didnt have a waiter/waitress address us for a good 25-30 minutes after we sat down. Otherwise, no complaints, and would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- A Taste of Brooklyn in FreeholdOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/28/2012We had the good luck to discover Sapori Ristorante Italiano on OpenTable while we were traveling in Freehold, New Jersey for the holidays. We went for dinner, and every aspect of our experience was outstanding. The food was delicious, and the staff were friendly and knowledgeable. If we lived in Freehold or the Freehold area, we would be regulars at this restaurant. If you're looking for a great Italian meal in Freehold (with a touch of Brooklyn!), and a welcoming atmosphere, we highly recommend Sapori Ristorante Italiano. Stop by and give them a try!Special Features: