622 Valley Rd
Montclair, NJ 07043Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mysapori.com/
- Phone: 9737440200x
- Hours of Operation:
Open for Brunch, Lunch & Dinner
Monday - 11:30 am - 10:00 pm
Tuesday - 11:30 am - 10:00 pm
Wednesday - 11:30 am - 10:00 pm
Thursday - 11:30 am - 10:00 pm
Friday - 11:30 am - 11:00 pm
Saturday - 10:30 am - 11:00 pm
Sunday - 10:30 am - 10:00 pm
Take Out & Delivery Available
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Delivery, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: We also offer a wide variety of home and office catering options. With services ranging from full event production to party trays and platters, we'll make your event memorable.
A word from Sapori
Food has always brought people together. But never quite like this. Sapori Ristorante Italiano & Brick Oven Pizza's concept is simple: serve delicious, fresh, authentic food in an warm yet vibrant atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sapori reviews from OpenTable diners
- Worst Service at any OpenTable everScottDined on 5/11/2014The restaurant was empty and the service was terrible. We never received our appetizer and they tried to charge us for it. Additionally, they brought out all the meals at different times. Food was not great either.
- Wonderful Food, Good Timestevenb30Dined on 5/10/2014This was our second visit, and we had another enjoyable experience. Funky, high energy dining room. Fresh, well prepared salads - we've now enjoyed the Burrata, Polipo (octopus), Grilled Caesar - all recommended highly. Love their brick oven pizzas - sampled the Quattro Stagioni and the Capricciosa, both delicious, and maybe best of all the Bianca Neve. Their Skirt Steak Pizzaola-tender and perfectly cooked. Also insanely good - their Sapori de Mare app with really fresh white anchocies, sardines,octopus,mussels,and calamari. Their service is warm - it's like you're a member of the family - and leisurely, which can be good or not so good, depending on your mood. Pretty soon, they will have outdoor seating available as well. We'll be back.
- deliciousMorganVIPDined on 5/3/2014we had a lovely time. We weren't rushed at all and were able to enjoy our wine and catch up on great conversation while munching on the delicious bread and amazing pesto sauce dip (AMAZING). The staff was lovely and the meal was wonderful. Hope they stick around for a while!Special Features:
- Peak Experienceoldaggie51Dined on 4/26/2014The most dynamic convivial bistro in Montclair, with matchless food. The owner is exuberant, sociable-- a true host. We ho;e to eat here at least once a week. !!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/25/2014menu is very interesting. servers were very friendly. but the food was very very salty. the chicken was tough. salad was meh.
- Bad Night?LizfromNJVIPDined on 4/23/2014I don't like giving bad reviews. I'm thinking maybe they just had a bad night or something. It was my first time there with 2 friends and none of our dishes were good. The best thing was in the beginning of the meal, the bread and olive oil/pesto dip was delish. I think I'll keep it at that.
- Food was okayjams710Dined on 4/23/2014I had recieved a GC for this restaurant, so my husband and I went with my mother and step-father. As soon as we walked in they told us that their cc machine was broken, and we would have to pay cash. I am a bartender, so I had cash (but it kind of annoying). We sat down and the waitress came over with gum in her mouth, which she chewed for the entire two hours we were there... The food was okay, when we got it. It took over a half hour to get our appetizers, and even longer for our entrees. My step father had grilled calamari which was tough, but the burata crostini was very good. My husband also liked the lasagna. I tried to order an arugala salad- and they were out of arugaula. Overall- not impressed and will not go back.
- Love the PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/14/2014I have dined here for dinner before and enjoyed. I came back to try the pizza everyone has been raving about. Well it did not disappoint. My daughter and I had pizza for dinner and dessert. We first tried the Bianca Neve which was outstanding. Our dessert was the nutella pizza and we ate the whole thing. I highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian I've been tooOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/14/2014I can only say that I felt very special I was feeling like I was in Italy all the waiter are Italian and very attentitive the owners very presentable food is delicious The pizza 4 formaggi mamma mia can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BunnyunhappyVIPDined on 4/5/2014My husband and I and two friends dined at Sapori on Saturday night. We ordered a beet salad and meatballs and sausage in a red sauce.The salad was delicious but the meatballs and the sauce were ice cold. WE orderd a pork chop, paparadelle, cavatelli with broccoli rabe and linguine with seafood in a red sauce. the first three were delicious but the linguine with seafood was ice cold. we were very disappointed and will not go back.
- Great Night !!JoeD1Dined on 3/22/2014Wonderful Food, Great Friends, and Fabulous Host. Always have a wonderful time when we go to Sapori. Host Mario and Antonio are wonderful to everyone. Great night for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2014Wonderful food and service. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and Welcoming!Kira0483VIPDined on 3/22/2014This restaurant is truly a neighborhood gem. The host always remembers us and makes us feel at home. The food is consistently good. I would describe it as comfort food with a creative twist. There is always a wonderful pasta special!! My husband and I always dine early. The place is quite lively by the time we leave at 7pm. Everyone should definitely try this place!- but make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsDiningWfriendsDined on 3/15/2014We had a 7pm reservation and were welcomed and made to feel right at home. We had a wonderful time. All of the food was very good. I had the veal chop special which was good but a bit salty and not as tender as I like. Everyone else in our party seemed happy and I would definitely go back and try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/11/20142nd time at Sapori and it's better then last this place it's a real authentic Italian place like no other homemade bread delicious pesto I had a pappardelle ai Sapori unbelievable burrata imported was the best I have had my wife had monkfish very unique and really good dish too I will raccomand this place to everybody because people need to know about this I can't wait to go back !!!!! Bravo SaporiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/9/2014This was my second time dining here. A couple of girlfriends and I met for dinner. The food and energy were great. Everything we ordered was outstanding. We had a wonderful evening. We also spoke to the owner, Mario and he indicated that brick oven pizza is being added to the menu at the end of March. We can not wait to try it and there is no doubt that it is going to be mouth watering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/5/2014My first time dining here and I can wait to go back. The restaurant was beautifully decorated. One of the walls has a collage of old pictures which gives the place an old world feel. We were seated at a quaint table for two near the front window which was perfect. Everything we ordered was to die for. Beginning with the homemade pesto dipping sauce and bread, grilled Cesar salad and pasta with peas, mushrooms, asparagus and shrimp. My husband and I ate every morsel of food. We can't wait to tell our friends and family about this new spot in town. There is going to be outside seating in the spring which my husband and I will take full advantage of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not going backLoriNYCVIPDined on 3/1/2014I really wanted to like this place and I hate writing a bad review, but this was just BAD. The owner was very nice as we had to wait quite a while for our table. We had an 8:30 reservation We finally sat around 9:00 and ordered immediately because we had plenty of time to look over the menu. Our appetizer didn't come out until 10 and we asked repeatedly if there was a problem. Obviously, there was as we watched several tables send their food back. Our entrees arrived around 10:30 and they were just plain bad. We couldn't even finish them. They offered us complimentary coffee and dessert because of the delay. Then it was on the bill! They did take it off when we said something. Overall, bad experience and won't be going back
- WORST RESTAURANT EXPERIENCE EVER!!!RGLASSVIPDined on 3/1/2014We sat down for dinner at 7:40. We received our appetizers about 8:10 and the food was taking a long time. We tried to ask our waiter to see where the food was, but he disappeared after taking our order. Finally, at 9:50, two of our four dinners arrived. We told them to forget the meals we didn't want them any longer, to be told there would be no charge for dinner. When the third meal was delivered (with mushrooms, after it was ordered without, due to allergies), we told them we didn't want it and were told we can take the meal or feel free to use the front or back door and leave. I have never been treated this poorly in a restaurant. It was the worst dining experience and the rudest people. We will never dine here again!
- Noisy and crowdedFridayFoodieDined on 3/1/2014Although we have eaten in many noisy restaurants before, the difference here is that the tables are so crammed together that it almost felt as if we were dining with the strangers seated at the next table. The food was ok, nothing special. One of our dinner companions ordered the Veal Milanese, which looked (and apparently tasted) like nothing more than a friend veal cutlet. One of our biggest issues we had was that we ordered an appetizer that had a red sauce on it and the waiter didn't want to honor our request for new silverware for the main course. Not really an over-the-top request, but he sort of argued with us about it before finally relenting. Too many other great restaurants in Montclair for me to go back to Sapori.
- Enjoyed ourselves, waiter50ladyDined on 2/28/2014Enjoyed ourselves, waiter was so nervous, he needs more training. But we had great foodI would recommend this to a friend.
- Viva Mario!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014Great menu, genuine great Italian cuisine. Friendly attentive service. Nice ambiance in a nice neighborhood. We will return and recommend to friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been better??JoeSevDined on 2/21/2014The evening started well. The energetic waiter opened our wine and immediately started going over the daily specials. After eating our appetizers, which was nothing special, our meals arrived. My wife ordered a shrimp and pasta diner which was to have "Tiger Shrimp", which are the very big ones. It was presented with a half pound of pasta and two large to jumbo shrimp. My wife who never complains spoke to the waiter who went to the owner. The waiter came back and said "everyone complains about that dish." 15 minutes later he returned with 2 more shrimps. My meal was not what I ordered. I would not recommend this place to others until they get their act together. For a half empty place the service should have been much better.
- Has great potentialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014The decor is fun and fabulous! Our waitress seemed disconnected with zero personality , she looked sloppy and bored. The food was presented beautifully ! The appetizer was fried calamari or something , it was flavorless . The mussels were clean and plenty of them but again flavorless . The veal was thick so for a moment we thought it was chicken , nothing outstanding ! The skirt steak had a nice flavor but the meat was a bit tough and over cooked ,served on bland potatoes! The dessert which we were told was a house favorite profittellis ( spelled incorrect here ) a frozen ball of cream a soggy pastry drowned in milk chocolate a squirt of canned whip cream. YuckSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy RestaurantSeaisle9Dined on 2/14/2014I came to the restaurant on Valentines Day and it was a great experience. Everyone was very nice and the feeling in the restaurant was energetic and fun. The food was awesome and the service was great! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone especially for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The first time was the best!FussyDined on 2/9/2014Went there shortly after opening and had a fabulous time. The place was energetic as was the staff. The owner could t do enough for, us.The food was great. Returned there on a snowy Sunday night last week...place was almost empty yet the server was overwhelmed ,Four pieces of stale bread were offered for four people.The meal was tasteless...and worse of all, nobody seemed to care. We will try going there again,hopefully the owner will be there and will oversee his kitchen and servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJoeD1Dined on 2/8/2014Have become a once a week regular. Each time as good as the last. Have brought several friends who have totally enjoyed the experience. A local gem that you need to try.Special Features:
- We had dinner here last week.MollydDined on 2/8/2014We had dinner here last week. The food was excellent. I had one of house made pastas which was delicious. My husband had the swordfish which I tasted, again excellent. There were six of us in our party and everyone thought the appetizers and entrees were delicious. We were too full for dessert but hopefully will have some on another visit. The wait staff was very attentive and one of the owners stopped by the table to see how our dinners were. If the overall quality of the food remains high this will be a very successful restaurant. We will certainly be back very soon!Special Features:
- sapori italianiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014I had great time at Sapori owners very accommodating ,food extremely good service very attentitive my new spot in town keep up the good work Sapori !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/3/2014Excellent food, great service and very accommodatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexciting restaurant NothingimpressedVIPDined on 2/1/2014Unexciting restaurant Nothing to differentiate it from others
- I WENT TO THIS RESTAURANTOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014I WENT TO THIS RESTAURANT FIRST FOR LUNCH AND I FOUND THE FOOD TO BE VERY GOOD, SERVICE EXCELLENT. SO I DECIDED TO TAKE MY HUSBAND THERE FOR DINNER. FROM THE START, THE OWNERS GREET YOU LIKE FAMILY. WE GOT THERE A LITTLE EARLY BUT THEY WERE ABLE TO SIT US RIGHT AWAY. FOOD CAME QUICKLY AND WAS EXCELLENT FOR BOTH MINE AND MY HUSBAND. THE OWNERS WERE PRETTY GOOD IN GOING TO TABLE TO TABLE AND MAKING SURE THAT EVERYONE WAS HAPPY. HOWEVER, I WOULD NOT GO BACK THERE FOR DINNER BECAUSE THE PLACE IS TOO TIGHT. THE WAITERS/WAITRESS WOULD PASS THRU US TOO CLOSE WITH THE FOOD AND THEY KEEP ON MOVING TABLES AND CHAIRS AROUND US TO ACCOMMODATE SOME PEOPLE AND IT WAS REALLY DISRUPTIVE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great Service!Wanda823Dined on 2/1/2014I dined at Sapori for the first time on Saturday, February 1st to celebrate my Mother's birthday. The experience was great! The staff and owners made us feel extremely welcome. The menu was large so there was a lot of yummy dishes to choose from. The food was phenomenal! My mother ordered a Veal Chop that was the best I ever tasted. My sister and I ordered a pasta dish that was very good as well. If I had to critique one thing, it would be the bread service at the beginning of the meal. Ours was served cold and without a side of butter or olive oil. I requested olive oil from my waiter and he promptly delivered it. The olive oil was delicious. We will definitely go back. Keep up the good work! : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waiter Christian was veryGourmetmeDined on 1/31/2014Our waiter Christian was very knowledgable, friendly and very service oriented despite being very busy. The food was very good but the veal chops special sounded amazing but was a bit dry and disappointing. The risotto special with seafood was delicious! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful experience but has potentialDebODined on 1/25/2014We booked a reservation as usual through open table. The reservation was for 7:45pm which is what the email confirmation said. When we arrived a bit early, 7:40 they said and showed us on the computer that the reservation was for 8:00pm. Not their fault but it was not a good start. They tried to make it better by offering us a few olives and cheese and a place to stand in the back out if the way. We sat at 8:20pm not awful but no where near the 7:45pm reservation. There we're a number if mishaps with the meal but they really tried to make things better. I will give it another try but not on a Saturday night.
- amazing restaurant, ownersanthonyvDined on 1/25/2014amazing restaurant, owners are great catered to special needs without and issue highly reccomendSpecial Features:
- As seen in NYOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2014Its like a restaurant you would expect to see in NY.Great food, amazing service. The people all talk and treat you as if they know you! Even if they were not your waiter or waitress if they walked by and your glass was empty they would refill it. Overall great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining 1/18JoeD1Dined on 1/18/2014Excellent dining experience. From the food, service and attention to the diners needs. Host Mario and Antonio made the night both pleasant and attentive. Been here several times and each time an excellent experience. Have recommended to friends who have raved about it. Will be a regular customer and continue to recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had an amazing late lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014Had an amazing late lunch after shopping ! Elegant and cozy. With no pretense. Made me smile the minute we walked in the door. Food was outstanding Simple, fresh and delicious. Gracious service. I cannot wait to go back!!! !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The calamari tasted like theyhacker2VIPDined on 1/11/2014The calamari tasted like they scraped it off the floor. The salmon dish I ordered had no taste. Service was good. Food not good. Must have been a bad night. Won't be back.