Sapori Italian Restaurant - White Plains
324 Central Ave
White Plains, NY 10606Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Sapori Italian Restaurant - White Plains
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.saporiofwhiteplains.com/
- Phone: 9146848855x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday : 12:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 1:00pm -11:00pm ,Sunday : 2:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Sapori Italian Restaurant - White Plains
Sapori in Italian means flavors. We are here to provide the old world charm and authentic flavors of Italy to White Plains. We have lengthy experience in West Chester and New York City. With friendly, skilled staff we welcome all. We are here to ensure that your dining experience is truly a memorable one.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Sapori Italian Restaurant - White Plains - Best Restaurants in White Plains ›
Sapori Italian Restaurant - White Plains reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (44)fit for foodies (35)special occasion (27)good for groups (25)romantic (17)notable wine list (13)great for lunch (8)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014We went to celebrate our anniversary and it was exceptional. The food, wine and service was perfect. Caesar salad was awesome and Bronzino cooked perfectly at your table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hockey DadOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/25/2014These guys treated us better than we deserved. Showed up under-dressed on a crowded Saturday night after my kid's hockey game. They took amazing care of us and could not have been nicer. The squid ink pasta was delicious.
- Great ExperienceChowHoundVIPDined on 10/25/2014Although the first table we were to be seated at was jam packed into a small spot, the host was extremely gracious and offered to move us to another table as soon as it became available. The second table was great and the side room was much quieter than the main dining area. The food was delicious and extremely well priced. Our friend said that the branzino was the best he ever tasted. The veal was tender and tasty. Our waiter was extremely accommodating and made our coffee exactly as we requested. Even the valet was outstanding. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Consistent ExcellentUsuallyHungryVIPDined on 10/19/2014This unassuming littler spot on Central Avenue just north of Hartsdale hides a very talented and very consistent kitchen. We have eaten there 5 times and each meal has been better than good. They know what they are doing. Expect a crowd on the weekends.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014we really enjoy the friendly atmosphere and predictably good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In the neighborhoodPokeVIPDined on 10/18/2014Live so close to Sapori and finally got there. Thank goodness, as it is a gem. Absolutely delicious food and friendly wait staff. Had a special of veal piccata with eggplant and would love a repeat on it. Shall return soon.Special Features:
- Quality Italian in WP areajzwestchesterVIPDined on 10/14/2014Top notch Italian food- heavy emphasis on fish dishes-with outstanding service- the Maitre d was especially top shelf, in a relaxing environment.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014My wife's 75th birthday could not have been celebrated in a better place. The overall friendliness, service, ambiance was impeccable. It was our first experience dining at Sapori's but it will be on our favorite list.Special Features:
- CharmingKenMDined on 10/1/2014Took a friend to dinner for a birthday celebration. Staff was very friendly, service was good, and food was delicious. A fine choice by us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance is king...RHP1955Dined on 9/18/2014Pleasant surprise...we booked a table on the fly for a visitor. What a nice place! Awesome service, welcoming, homey and authentic Italian. The food expectations were high based on the introduction; the food, as it arrived, was nice but nothing out of the ordinary. Grilled chicken salad was passable; one of my guests loved the salmon, while my visitor guest loved his "special" chicken stuffed with crab, et al. All in all, a wonderful place to try: be prepared to be "hugged" by the maître d'.... They took our souvenir pictures! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We keep going back!FabfoodyVIPDined on 9/14/2014Since Sapori opened we have been back many times and always enjoy it. The staff and owners are so accommodating and friendly. We've brought many friends who love the food and service and are now regulars themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sapori: Great Food & Great ServicepigsleyDined on 9/12/2014I had dinner twice last week at this lovely restaurant and loved it on both occasions. The first time I was accompanied by a friend who had the pasta fagioli and the steamed mussels and I had a salad and chicken scarpariello with a glass of chardonnay. We both thought the food was delicious and appetizingly placed on the dinnerware. On my second visit I was accompanied by 3 other people and we all had the Caesar salad, prepared table side. It was wonderful. We all agreed that the food was excellent and I look forward to a return visit.Special Features:
- AnoymousVIPDined on 9/10/2014We had a fantastic experience and would recommend others go to Sapori. Everything other than the valet was first class, but a valet cannot ruin this good an experience. The host and waiter ensured that my father (a vegetarian) could have anything he wanted to eat, so they asked/had the chef prepare off the menu specials for him.
- great food and servicefoodie87Dined on 8/30/2014This restaurant is wonderful. I went there for the first time with three family members including my 87-year-old grandmother. The waiters were very attentive. We sat at a table in the back corner which gave us more privacy. The food was amazing. Each of us ordered something different and shared and we all agreed that everything was cooked to perfection. My grandmother even cleaned her entire plate! I would highly recommend this restaurant especially if you love Italian food, good service and a welcoming atmosphere. I will definitely be going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014very pleased with total experience. they helped us to find a quiet table which we requestedSpecial Features:
- SaporilceatDined on 8/29/2014We had a wonderful experience. The service was great. We were a party of 4. Two had branzino and two had halibut. Both excellent. Fresh and tasty. Will definitely go back.
- Great local restaurantSuenanVIPDined on 8/21/2014Always enjoy dinner at Sapori. Wonderful caring service and delicious food with many special options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent each timeUsuallyHungryVIPDined on 8/16/2014We have been to Sapori four times, and it has been excellent each time. The food is very well prepared and very fresh. The service is concerned and friendly. And they usually have Dover sole, not easy to find, and they do it flawlessly. It has become a staple in our local rotation.Special Features:
- A restaurant with excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014A very nice place to wine and dine with family! Cozy; comfortable; great friendly service and the food was very delicious. I would most definitely recommend this restaurant to all. Great Italian food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night as always!LenaVIPDined on 8/8/2014We ALWAYS enjoy our favorite spot, sapori!! Food, service and atmosphere are Always spot on! Great place to celebrate my birthday!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaporiMrbaggioDined on 8/1/2014I had a very pleasant experience at this restaurant, everyone was kind and attentive. We chose our appetizer and entree from the specials of the evening it was absolutely deliscious I will definitely come back and refer my friends to this location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality and freshEatgr8VIPDined on 8/1/2014Everything our group of 4 had was a quality dish and very fresh. I really appreciated the excellent Buccatini Amatriciana - it had some kick to it due to some chili flake and made a nice appetizer as a half order. The host kindly offered an after dinner apertif gratis, which we appreciated. We will be back.Special Features:
- tangoVIPDined on 7/26/2014Dinner was very good. I had the Bronzina. Well prepared and exce;;ent;y bones by " Dr. Bronzina " our waiter . My wife had the burrita, said it was the best she has had in the Westchester area. Salads excellent , likewise the dessert. Fine meal, overall. Will return shortly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 7/24/2014Dr. Bronzino, as he is called, and is featured in Martha Stewart, was charming and the food was spectacular. The best bra zinc I have ever had.Special Features:
- )Great ExperienceLuv2dineDined on 7/23/2014We Came here for Diner with friends we loved it ,food was excellent .. Lots of great choices fish pasta and meats . Service was outstanding and very friendly will definitely be back soonSpecial Features:
- lovely Italian fairnylove4travelDined on 7/13/2014We had a wonderful dinner Sunday evening celebrating a family birthday. Then pollo martini was delicious as well as a special seared scallops with risotto. We opted to share 2 desserts, tarryto and creme butler. The staff brought out the tartufo with a lit birthday candle without be asked, and offered us a round of cordials on the house. A very sweet and thoughtful finish to a great evening. We will definitely recommend the food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlaccoDined on 7/12/2014Very satisfied.Will return and recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Local and reliablelarrykDined on 7/9/2014Consistently good food and pleasant efficient service. Try it...you'll be pleased you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent addition to neighborhoodGgjc1VIPDined on 7/5/2014The food is great, the ambience is wonderful. Lots of nooks and crannies for privacy and quiet dining. And a lively main room with a good looking crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 127 reviews are from the Sapori Italian Restaurant - White Plains reviews archive.
- our waiters were the best!!!!vjoneVIPDined on 6/28/2014The wait staff were engaging and bring a whole new level of entertainment to dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food- great time!!LenaVIPDined on 6/27/2014Food and service are ALWAYS top notch! We enjoyed our time as always! The greatest neighborhood restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousanyasantDined on 6/25/2014Everything was amazing and the service was excellent!Special Features:
- We traveled the world....finnesDined on 6/21/2014and the 7 seas. Lived in Europe, spent months in Tuscany, love Italy. So we know what Italian food has to taste like. Unlike the usual Americanized Italian restaurants you'll find in abundance (no pun intended), Sapori offers REAL Italian food. These guys also don't blink if you start asking them to do things differently, like we did - what comes out of the kitchen is just a real delight. Our starters - superb. The roasted branzino hands down was the best we had in years and the hand-made Zabaione, prepared at the table is unbelievable. And the Gruner Veltiner, among the many superbly selected and fairly priced wines, just rounded up this home run of a dinner. We desperately tried to find 'our Italian' - we don't need look further now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- finally!poompixDined on 6/15/2014excellent food on central avenue - although my beet salad could have used a bit more dressing and flavor, my pollo limone and apple strudel were amazing! i am not a drinker but my father said his gimlet was good stuff :-)Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spotEardocDined on 6/14/2014Good food great service parking available will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Minimal ambiance - v. good food!thebigfinnVIPDined on 6/9/2014Dined here for a business dinner. Very good food and service. Very accommodating wait staff. Offered many "on the house" starters for our group and brought seconds before we even ordered. Spicy peppers were yummy! Would go back and would definitely recommend. Only downfall is not much ambiance - decor a little tired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!finnesDined on 5/31/2014Family-run, proper Italian with great specials, superb service and a very vibrant atmosphere. Our new favourite Italian in Westchester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2014Went with a group of ten. Great experience. The food was excellent and the staff was attentive. The owner spoke with us and was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's always a pleasure to eat here!BellaDined on 5/11/2014Generally I do not like to eat out on Mother's Day because service often suffers because of the volume of patrons and many restaurants do a special menu which inevitably excludes a favorite dish! Sapori was well-staffed so that service was good and the full menu plus specials was available. The food, as always, was great. If ever the parmesan crusted halibut is available, go for it! It's divine. We had a perfect lunch and look forward to going back many more times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's Day EveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014terrific; great staff, warm, funny and professional; good food and drinks; fun time all around; 3 others in my group had perfect dinners; my salad and entrée were a bit bland; Homemade pasta delicious, potato leek soup to die for!Special Features: