Sapori Italian Restaurant
6067 26 Mile Road
Washington, MI 48094Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Sapori Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://saporirestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5867864674
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Salvatore
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Sapori Italian Restaurant
Sapori Italian Restaurant began with one simple idea, create a comfortable environment where families can come and enjoy authentic Italian food. Sapori by definition means “Flavors.” Sapori’s concept is to reintroduce simple, flavorful, authentic Italian foods. True Italian food isn’t supposed to be complicated and is often improperly prepared! The Italian culinary experience began at home with family and friends coming together at the table and enjoying natural foods and tradition. At Sapori, we strive to offer our guests the same experience. You can go anywhere and get a dish of pasta smothered in sauce and cheese but once you experience Italian made better… you will never go back! At Sapori, Chef Salvatore has assembled a menu of fresh flavors with the best ingredients. His classic Italian recipes have been perfected at his own restaurant in Italy and are now being shared with you at Sapori.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Sapori Italian Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Washington ›
Sapori Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)special occasion (28)fit for foodies (23)good for groups (14)romantic (13)great for lunch (12)great for outdoor dining (11)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- No point in a reservation.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014My Husband and I waited 2 hours for a table, when we had a reservation. Nobody seemed to care that we had a reservation, and the manager did nothing about it. Unless you want to pay $20 for Pasta, don't waste your whole night waiting for a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait but worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014The dining room is very small and they overbooked the dinner reservation. Out table was late 40 minutes past the 7 pm reservation. Overall the food is very good and the prices are reasonable. We'll return again but call first to verify reservation time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointeddisappointedVIPDined on 9/13/2014This was our 5th time here. Shocked that the food had no taste. Hesitant to refer to others. Possibly the place is too busy for them to operate smoothly. Very long waits without reservations. Not worth the wait. Totally not for foodies.
- ExcellenteRachelle0217Dined on 9/6/2014Food was great, service was superb! Loved it!!! It is new in the neighborhood and we are so glad it is here!! Small, quaint, romantic, awesome food choices all home made.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014A few of our friends had recommended Sapori's, and we are glad they did! Food was excellent and so was the service. Will definetly being going back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodHautefemmeDined on 8/28/2014Was still thinking about our great meal the next morning. Food was terrific, as was our waiter. The atmosphere was on the noisy side, and food would be too sophisticated for (our) kids. Super "date night;" get a sitter and go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!foodieDined on 8/28/2014We have eaten at Sapori three times since it opened a few months ago. The food is fresh with a wide selection of Italian entrees. Entrees come with soup and salad. We leave full and take home enough for another meal with the leftovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodSusanWDined on 8/25/2014Our food was very tasty and beautifully displayed. My son in law is Italian and he said the food was just like his grandma used to make it. I have to eat a gluten-free diet and they were able to accommodate my diet perfectly. It was a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SAPORI PLEASANT SURPRISEFOODGUYDined on 8/24/2014Sapori has just opened, went to try it out. Really had a good meal and a good time. Hope they do well. I will be going back. Very impressed with everything to do with it. My daughter is an executive chef so I've been around too many good restaurants.Special Features:
- Non drinker are treated poorly.Lookin4goodfoodnserviceDined on 8/23/2014This was our third visit to Sapori. Our first two visits were exceptional. I cannot express my disappointment of our meal and service this most recent visit. The waiter rolled his eyes in disgust when we didn't order any wine or cocktails. Empty soup bowls and salad plates left in front of us as the bus boy slowly walked past three times. The waiter was not the least bit friendly, just very brief stops. The lemon sauce was ok, the veal was improperly prepared, very tough and dry. The couple next to us, and had a different waiter. They ordered a bottle of wine, their waiter was friendly and energetic, eager to refill their wine/water glasses. Was it the waiter or the lack of wine for our extremely poor service?Special Features:
- Great food!MmmmmmmmmmmmmDined on 8/21/2014We've gone to this restaurant about 5 times now...never disappointed. The food is great the restaurant is beautifully decorated and clean. I've bought a few gift certificates for friends. I definitely would recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Italian GemDiningNinjaDined on 8/15/2014I'm so pleased to have a restaurant like Sapori so close to my home. The food is incredible... my mouth waters just writing this review thinking back to the delicious balance of flavor melded together in every dish we ordered. Presentation is lovely.... and the staff all genuinely care... a new favorite...authentic Italian at its best! !!Special Features:
- BellisimoFortunatoDined on 8/15/2014We have been there several times and enjoyed each visit. Have taken many friends there and they have gone back many times al well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always superiorShelbySuzyDined on 8/11/2014You will never go wrong at Sapori! Food is consistently excellent. Service is superior, attentive but never hovering. Even on the evening of the hundred-year flood, the place was packed. A true testament to their quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!dflygurlDined on 8/9/2014amazing food, amazing service. We've never had a bad dining experience there, it gets better every timeSpecial Features:
- carolitalianmamaDined on 8/8/2014Our friends recommended you restaurant as they dined there and raved about it. We came with those friends and another couple. The food was awesome, just enough of a serving that you didn't feel 'stuffed' after. The décor is beautiful also. My only recommendation is that you supply non alcoholic beer for those non drinkers. Also I thought $10 for a glass of wine alittle steep when my husband's top shelf vodka was less. Our overall experience was great and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!CabBBDined on 8/6/2014From the food to the staff to the owners it's fabulous!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Italian FoodSeasonalSamplerDined on 8/3/2014We had dinner here on a Sunday evening. The food was quite tasty. I had a chicken with artichoke pasta; my husband enjoyed a tomato-sauced pasta. We both agreed these pastas were a cut above. It was especially nice that a soup and a salad were included. We loved the soups. Service was just excellent- wish I remembered server's name. Good bread and fairly generous cocktails.Special Features:
- Fair, fairJimboDined on 8/2/2014Read a bunch of reviews and guess I was hoping for more.ordered two build your own pastas.the spaghetti I ordered either had too much sauce, or not enough noodles.bottle of wine we ordered first they were out of. Up priced to another bottle.pathway to restrooms was filled with carts of dirty dishes, forcing you to walk sideways to enter.Special Features:
- Delicious!NinaDined on 8/2/2014We tried this new restaurant and found it to be very good. The menu offered a variety of items not normally seen on menus. Our group all tried something different and each said there dinner was very good. The salad was crisp and fresh and the house dressing was superb. The soups were also very tasty. The server was knowledgeable, attentive but not overbearing and added to our delightful evening. We would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A taste sensation!curlymomDined on 7/27/2014Flavors, textures, colors, presentation, aroma . . Everything was just delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!VastellDined on 7/26/2014Great food, sauces and choices. The chef is exceptional and have never been disappointed every time we come.Special Features:
- Fantastic food, service, atmospherecmd513Dined on 7/26/2014We had an absolutely wonderful meal here and we are not an easy group to please. Food was delicious, menu varied, service impeccable, owner a doll, BEST gelato I've ever had (and I've had a lot), prices are totally reasonable, great wine list, lively atmosphere, great for weekend dinner or casual weeknight bite or lunch. Patio on side of restaurant is perfect for summer eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saporigkp33VIPDined on 7/12/2014Sapori Restaurant opened up not too long ago in our neighborhood. Finally found the time to try it. I was pleasantly surprised!! Very happy to have a Italian restaurant so close to home. It is simple and moderately priced, but a good value for your money. I opted for the lake perch, and it had a lemon butter caper sauce. Nice. Everyone else seemed pleased with their pasta choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014I thought the food was very good, but the service was slow. I think the reason for the slow service was the fact that the waiter had too many tables and may have been inexperience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Sauces!!!VastellDined on 7/5/2014This place should be tried for its sauces. Unbelievable taste in their sauces...! The staff was either too distracted or not as attentive as would be expected, but the entrees make up for the lack of attention. The bartender was great and the wine was very good. Very good food for the price!!! Would definitely try this place again for their entrees....Special Features:
- Real Italian FoodluvItalianFoodDined on 6/26/2014I have lived in the USA for many years and visited many so called Italian Restaurants. When visiting Sapori Italian Restaurant not only I found a great, friendly atmosphere, but also I had a REAL ITALIAN meal! Great chefs!!! Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!FoodieDined on 6/20/2014The food is very fresh and delicious. Would go back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!happydinerDined on 5/31/2014We had a bit of a wait for our table even though we had reservations (apparently someone was staying too long). But the restaurant was finally able to work something out (another table left earlier than expected). So we ended up being seated about 15 min late. But the wait was worth it. The food is all prepared in house and was fresh and tasty. Best perch my husband ever had and the rest of the group were very pleased with their food. Soups were great, salad was nice. We had a couple desserts and they were excellent. We are looking forward to returning to try the other dishes.Special Features:
- PERFECT....2 out of 2 times!KeithDined on 5/30/2014So far, this restaurant is batting a perfect score in my book. 2 out of 2 times the food and service has been perfection. We tried a third time, but it was so busy we couldn't get in. I definitely suggest a reservation.Special Features:
- My fourth time therebreakshotDined on 5/30/2014What else can I saw that I didn't say before? It's good! Give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- t9728thDined on 5/28/2014This was our third time at Sapori and once again it did not disappoint. Great service and a pleasant ambiance combine with an excellent menu at truly reasonable prices. This is particularly true when you consider that your meal is served with both soup and salad ( make sure you try the house oil and lemon dressing ). Considering the restaurant's size, it also has an excellent wine selection and some very good local brews on-tap. Plan on going back again and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a nice local establishment serving great food at reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014Finally we had a great restaurant in our neighborhood. Food is wonderful and the service is very good. We will be going back many times!Special Features:
- Dining treatRochesterfansDined on 5/22/2014Second time that we dined here in a month. Brought 2 friends who will be new customers for you? Your steak is best I have ever had, even from 5 star steak houses! Gotta come back and try other dishes.Special Features:
- The following 22 reviews are from the Sapori Italian Restaurant reviews archive.
- ehhhh.....fair at best!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014There are some fabulous Italian restaurants in the area so I will not be back unless someone else plans an outing there.
- Home town hitbreakshotDined on 5/11/2014Great food, great service, local, moderately priced. What else is there? Give them a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 people Saturday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Very good food. Proprietors attentive and circulated to make certain all guests were happy. Accommodated our group size well with chosen table. Some areas seemed too close together as they were very busy. Prices were reasonable. Wait staff worked hard and were pleasant. So much looked good on the menu that we need to return many times. Must have reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrutalOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014Went twice - terrible meal and service on both occasions. See yelp reviews for details. Really wanted to love this place because it is close to home and were willing to give it a second chance one week later. Will not be going back after second visit.
- TastydisappointedVIPDined on 5/9/2014Food is great. Martinis are fabulous! Service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sapori is now my fav!!!FoodieDined on 5/2/2014First time at Sapori's and was pleased to find authentic Italian food. Three couples at our table, and all ordered something different. Everyone enjoyed their food and voted "we will be back." Keep up the quality of the food and the excellent customer service! Washington Twp. needs a "quality" restaurant, and now we have one.Special Features: