Sapori Italian Restaurant – Marina del Rey
13723 Fiji Way
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292Neighborhood:
Marina del Rey
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Sapori Italian Restaurant – Marina del Rey
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://sapori-mdr.com/
- Phone: 3108211740
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:30/10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Pierpaolo Mattei
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We do offer catering services, please call for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Stefano Baccianella 3108211740
A word from Sapori Italian Restaurant – Marina del Rey
Come to our restaurant in the early evening and watch a beautiful sunset while munching on some appetizers like our pan-fried shrimp and sipping on some Italian Sauvignon Blanc. For a main course try our Branzino fish with some sautéed vegetables. Then to finish off a delicious meal and a beautiful night try our Zabaglione with fresh strawberries and a pastry. You will not be disappointed!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sapori Italian Restaurant – Marina del Rey reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (21)great for outdoor dining (16)neighborhood gem (15)romantic (12)great for lunch (12)fit for foodies (8)special occasion (7)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (4)good for groups (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014I had a client lunch and we all really enjoyed it. The food was excellent, recommended is the stuffed chicken and lasagna. The outdoor seating and ocean view was beautiful. Everything was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodil2eVIPDined on 9/21/2014Great location, good food, good service. Place is a little dated, but overall good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice location ok foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The servers were all very nice and seem authentically Italian. They were attentive and patient not rushing us but making us feel welcomed. My wife had to take a conference call in the middle of our meal and they were very understanding as she excused herself from the dining area for the duration of the call. The food was not especially savory possibly lacking in seasoning but the portions were ample and the presentation was pleasing.The waterside location was pleasant and comfortable even on a hot day but the plastic table coverings give a not so elegant feel to the what could be a very nice environment. Over all it was a pleasant time spent but the food was the low point in the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wow!NemesisDined on 9/8/2014Beautiful, romantic, friendly, delicious! Truly a hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MillerTimeVIPDined on 9/5/2014I always feel like I'm sitting down at my long lost relatives home for dinner. Food is always wonderful and the staff are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need Better Air ConditioningDisappointedDined on 8/23/2014Management honored our wish-a table facing the marina,very nice. At 1 p.m. much of the air conditioning escaped through the patio door.The dining room was getting to be too warm to the point that I had to fan myself. They needs to consult an a/c firm to see what they can do to improve this situation. Very often, facilities do not realize that they are paying electricity bill for the a/c they are not receiving. The pasta with clam had about 8-10 pieces of clam meat,inadequate ingredient to satisfy anyone's pallet. An additional meat sauce cost $3 additional to finish 2/3 of my pasta. They were nice to allowed us to stay for 2 1/2 hours and we did not feel the pressure to leave. We will return, but the a/c has to improve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely setting, fine foodSlowboyDined on 8/21/2014While the Northern Italian fare is well-prepared and somewhat innovative, the star attraction is the marine setting. This quiet, small room is a few feet east of the Marina Del Rey boat channel, so diners have a front row seat to the passing of assorted pleasure craft, seals, pelicans and tourists. The food is somewhat pricey, especially given the location inside the moribund, kitschy Fisherman's Village mall, but it's worthwhile if you're into civilized, adult dining with a view.Special Features:
- Perfect.NoterbelgDined on 8/3/2014A great way to end our weekend in LA. Authentic Italian cuisine and abundantly friendly service made this a visit to remember. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Wonderful food and service; Pasta was superb! very surprising at this tourist location; will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Bon ApetitoWinstonVIPDined on 7/24/2014The family had a superb luncheon last Thursday when I asked the gracious owner Stefano to preset a menu for us. The food was spot on as was the service. Sapori is a small Italian restaurant in the Marina del Rey area that is worth the effort in having lunch or dinner. They know how to cook fish and provide fresh pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinneratMarinaDelReyDined on 7/19/2014Recommend the prosciutto wrapped chicken stuffed with artichoke, spinach, and cheese with mashed potatoes baked in a pepper. Great good bye dinner.Special Features:
- One of our favorites...RichDined on 7/11/2014This is a great go-to place for us. ALWAYS reliably great food and a warm and enviting environment. All the staff are friendly and very knowledgable of the food there. Great wines and they are always willing and able to assist in selecting a wine.Special Features:
- saporiHillyVIPDined on 6/28/2014How dispppointing! What happened to Sapori? The food was less than mediocre. The eggplant app. was just a pile of eggplant parm. and the chicken dish ordered , obviously prepared very, very well in advance, maybe weeks, was a poor example of wharever it was supposed to be. The dish presented did not resemble in any way the menu description. The pasta dish, well, let's not even bother with that. You would think an Italian restaurant would fare well here, no brainer, right? Wrong!Special Features:
- The following 54 reviews are from the Sapori Italian Restaurant – Marina del Rey reviews archive.
- Great ItalianRadagastDined on 6/22/2014This was a wonderful restaurant right on the, water in the fishing village. The meals were unique and well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marina Del Rey CharmerdenverdinerDined on 6/4/2014You can't beat the location for this lovely intimate Italian restaurant. Located in Fisherman's Village right on the boardwalk, this charmer offers all the Italian flair you would expect. The service was attentive and the menu was not overbearing. The Italian wine list also included some California wines. Needless to say the meal was delicious and plated nicely. It was great to relax, sip a glass of wine and watch the sail boats from the window table. Save room for the dessert tray. Suggest reservations this time of year.Special Features:
- WLNOVIPDined on 5/21/2014Week nights seem to be very slow could be a good bet for last minute plans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousEricVIPDined on 5/3/2014This restaurant is officailly our favorite. We had the Alaskan sea bass with scallops special and the pork loin special. Both were cooked and seasoned to perfection. We had the ice cream with espresso dessert which was too runny, melted ice cream in a tall glass. Wine was excellent and reasonable priced. The view of the sunset over the marina was gorgeous. I only worry what will happen to this treasure when Fishermans Village is overhauled, I am afraid it will turn into boring restaurant chain city.Special Features:
- Sapori RestaurantdisappointedDined on 5/2/2014We went there for a birthday dinner and on the booking form it asked if it was a special occasion, and we indicated a birthday, but when we arrived they didn't even seem to know that we had a reservation less alone a special occasion. Fortunately there was a table spare. The food was average. My husband's shell fish was overcooked and tough. We saw that other people had recommended the tiramisu but honestly it was nothing special. We were disappointed as this restaurant had been recommended to us.Special Features:
- DeliciousbabsDined on 4/23/2014The food was delicious and the setting was perfect for 3 friends to talk and chat the day away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient to LAXct2camomDined on 4/13/2014I chose this restaurant primarily due to its proximity to LAX (5 miles away) because we had to pick someone up from the airport. Its a small, simply decorated room that is situated on the water in Marina Del Rey. The afternoon sun required the shades to be closed, so no view. The wait staff was friendly and helpful. The traditional Italian food was average. I was going to order spaghetti with clam sauce and the waiter talked me into ordering a special, which was pasta with a mixed seafood sauce. Honestly, it was terrible. The tiny bits of calamari and octopus were so tough I couldn't chew them. The broth, which is usually the best part of this kind of dish, didn't have much flavor. If I go back, I'll stick to something more basic.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and REAL Italian!RRRRVIPDined on 3/15/2014Too many great items on the menu to mention, but we love the branzino, caprese appetizer (like you have never seen before) and the crab cakes (made with risotto)! Small wine list, but some very good bottles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!KiaraSDined on 2/15/2014The waiter was very nice and helpful. The food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would say that we felt aOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014I would say that we felt a little rushed and the service was just ok. The server actually didn't make it to everyone for our order. But the food, location, and ambience is great so we'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/9/2014The service is prompt, friendly and professional. Portions are good sized and quality and taste are very good. Beautiful scenery overlooking the water in a cozy space. Could use some updated decor but overall we loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousEricVIPDined on 2/1/2014We kind of forgot about this place, so convenient, no crowds to fight. We got the crab cakes, made with pasta, not much flavor or crab I had the sea bass special with roasted vegetables, they fileted the fish at the table, best I ever had My wife had the best bean soup ever. we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- authentic and lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2014Sapori is a hidden gem--tucked away in the Marina, with a beautiful view, exquisite food, great service. I'm reluctant to let people know about it...but reluctant too to keep this great place a secret.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walked outMagicVIPDined on 1/31/2014We experienced a really disappointing evening due to the lack of coordination of my prix fixe menu order with my wife's ala carte order. My wife was finished eating her dinner and ordered coffee before my main course was served. We requested that the orders be served at the same time to no avail. Neither my wife or I felt comfortable remaining in the restaurant for my dinner to arrive after she had finished her dinner and her coffee. We paid the billnd walked out.
- Marina del Rey gemFIFE4EVERDined on 12/17/2013A quaint Italian restaurant at the waterfront. Food was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pet FriendlyBeckyDined on 12/11/2013I go to Sapori's on a regular basis because it is easy to get to, comfortable, has good food and is pet friendly. There is a nice view of Marina Del Rey and the staff is very accommodating. All of the menu items I have tried have been good and well-presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite place for special occasionJLPODDined on 11/19/2013We go to Sapori for special occasions frequently. Always given a great table with view of the harbor. Service makes it an excellent experience. For example: when our appetizer was bigger than we expected and we had ordered salads too, the waiter suggested he split one salad rather than bringing us two. Very thoughtful!! Always attentive and considerate. We love this place and, since it's kind of hidden, it's seldom crowded.Special Features:
- Good ChoicephillygirlDined on 11/5/2013Excellent, attentive service and food. We had an antipasto, salad rustic, lamb ragout risotto special, and sea bass (whole fish) special. Everything was carefully prepared and the fish was cooked to perfection. It was a good choice. A bit more expensive, closer to $$$ than $$, than online menu indicates. The restaurant looks out right on the marina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a little betternyjackieDined on 10/28/2013Food good - not great - but think it could be just that little bit better if the chef puts more heart into it. Charming hosts and wait staff. Comfortable ambience. Lovely views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food on the waterBeckyDined on 10/27/2013The food quality was outstanding, servers very accommodating and a beautiful view of Marina Del Rey. Great Place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian food in L.A.SynistasiaDined on 10/18/2013There is nothing not to like about this awesome restaurant. Been coming to Sapori every trip to L.A. for more than seven years and it has never disappointed. Food is outstanding, wine list is excellent, service is akin to having dinner at a long lost friend or relative's house... if they lived overlooking the beautiful marina. And there is nothing that compares to the zabaglione here for dessert. Try it and you will forever be hooked on Sapori!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was very good - freshlyroadwarriorVIPDined on 10/18/2013Dinner was very good - freshly prepared and tasty! Service was attentive but not intrusive. The restaurant was on the water but because of the cement wall, you could not easily enjoy the view from the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JerryJerryDined on 10/10/2013Wentfor a girls night birthday party, we had a perfect round table near the window easy to talk and food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foo - great viewsAimeeDined on 10/8/2013Everything is very well prepared - best Italian in laSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good news and bad newsgtoiraDined on 10/1/2013We arrived at opening and had to be gone by 12:45 PM. (This was in the reservation.) Despite the entire outside dining area being empty, we were told ALL the tables were reserved for a private party, due to arrive at 12:45. The appetizer; eggplant parmesan ($9.00 ?)was atrocious, a gooey, risotto-consistency breadcrumb "porridge" topped with some sauce and cheese. It could hardly be cut. Another party was seated in the cul-de-sac corner next to us. That area is surrounded by 3 hard walls, so every word anyone of the three diners said echoed at double volume. If you want a quieter meal, be sure YOU are the one in the corner. The entrees arrived and were excellent. Service was fair-too busy with the non-existant other party. We left at 12:30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just like Nonna used to makeNancyMDined on 9/22/2013The food at Sapori was amazing and took me back to my childhood growing up as part of an Italian immigrant family in Brooklyn. The sautéed mussels and clams appetizer in a garlic white wine broth with Tuscany style beans was fabulous and begged for dipping to enjoy every bit of broth. My entrée - super fresh sea bass prepared in a light garlic lemon caper sauce - was extraordinary. For dessert I had the not-to-be-missed Torta Della Nonna, an Italian delight combining rich yet light pastry, delicate custard and toasted pine nuts. It was truly special. The staff also was outstanding. This restaurant is 3 hours from my home but I'll be looking for excuses to get back to Sapori. Thanks for an unforgettable dining experience!Special Features:
- Great setting on the water!TJ22Dined on 9/19/2013Nice outdoor seating - on the water. Service was very good - responsive and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.