Sapori Italian Grille
33481 Lake Road
Avon Lake, OH 44012Neighborhood:
Avon / Avon Lake
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Sapori Italian Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.saporiitaliangrille.com/
- Phone: 4409334360x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Joseph M. Truscello
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Sapori Italian Grille
SAPORI ITALIAN GRILLE offers an enchanting atmosphere and ambiance reminiscent of the "off the beaten path" gems of Italy. We specialize in over a dozen sautéed pasta dishes, veal and chicken entrees, as well as hand cut, dry aged steaks and chops, decadent locally made desserts and a wine list with nearly 100 selections. We will be glad to prepare any of our dishes to accommodate all of your special dietary needs or requirements. Private parties and catering available - reservations suggested on Friday & Saturday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Sapori Italian Grille - Best Restaurants in Avon / Avon Lake ›
Sapori Italian Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)fit for foodies (20)great for outdoor dining (18)notable wine list (14)special occasion (13)romantic (8)good for groups (8)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Great Italian on the far WestsidewakfoodieDined on 9/13/2014Much needed expansion is a fine addition to this cozy neighborhood spot. Portions are ample with daily specials that are a must try! Salads are the freshest I have had in years with hot crusty bread tableside. Great homemade Italian for any palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sapori Italian GrillehungryforitalianDined on 9/6/2014We were seated and asked a bus boy to get our server after 20 minutes. Drinks came out one at a time over 10 minutes. One guest got a salad while the other had to ask. The servers were scurrying around - very ineffective. Food brought out one plate at a time like cafeteria style - the staff would stand at the end of the table asking who had what. Our server apologized and asked if we wanted more to drink. Even alcohol wouldn't have made it better! We just wanted to eat! We were all hungry. Seated at 6:30 and no entrees until 8:15 and we didn't order appetizers. I would never consider eating on site ever again. Perhaps take out is an option since the food is extremely good especially the salads and the eggplant parmesan.Special Features:
- STEELERSDined on 9/3/2014PLEASE ALWAYS HAVE LASAGNA? IT WAS AWESOME AND I WANTED TO HAVE IT ON MY 2ND VISIT. I HAD THE OTHER PASTA DISH, AND IT WAS JUST A LITTLE TOO SPICY. MY PARTNER HAD THE VEN? SHRIMP WITH CONAQUE (SP), SHE LOVES IT. WE HAVE TOLD MANY THAT YOU ARE GIVING FRATELLOS A RUN FOR THEIR MONEY. WE THINK YOU ARE BETTER. YOUR STAFF IS GREAT. THANKS AND WE WILL BE BACK. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, WELCOME TO (AL). WE LIKE TO KEEP THE MONEY IN THE COMMUNITY, I WISH OTHER WERE THE SAME.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014We were not impressed with this restaurant. My wife ordered the eggplant Parmesan. The eggplant was so tough it was not edible. I ordered the pasta fagioli, it had no flavor. The inside is very small and it was smoky from the kitchen.
- Great Choice!PatsnjDined on 8/15/2014Friends from Florida were visiting to celebrate a special occasion (end of chemotherapy). We wanted someplace special with a varied menu...this was a great choice! They just phoned on their way home from the airport, and stated that it was the best meal they've had in the last 6 months ( and they do eat out often)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Terrible servicerevnicollDined on 8/9/2014The restaurant was about 1/2 full, but out took nearly an hour and a half for our food to arrive. During that time ever only saw out waitress once. After almost an hour, we mentioned the long wait, she was dismissive and told us our food would be right out. We waited another 30 minutes. The food was great, but was not worth that long of a wait.
- Great pationotackDined on 8/9/2014Love the patio with the white tablecloths. Food and service is great....pleased to see rack of lamb on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent value and experienceWildyDined on 8/4/2014Chef and staff are invested in providing a good dining experience and, if you choose to participate it will become a great dining experience! Food is wonderfully prepared and the prices are modest. Excellent value!Special Features:
- Great find!dwostDined on 8/2/2014We stumbled upon this place using the OpenTable app when searching for a spot that would take a party of 12 on a Saturday night. After reading the positive reviews we decided to give it a shot and we were very glad we did! Our entire group had a fantastic meal and the staff was a pure joy to interact with. The food was exceptionally good with an extensive wine list and well poured cocktails. I'd highly recommend checking them out and we will most definitely be returning on a regular basis. The only downside is they are located in a strip mall but that have done a great job of making it into an intimate experience. They also have a nice covered patio that is off to the side of the building. You won't be disappointed!!!Special Features:
- SapporoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Food was pretty good. Service was very quick, however, we were not in a hurry so we felt rushed. The views are of a parking lot, so not the best. Wish I was looking at the lake! First place we found that allows us to bring our own wine for $15 cork fee. Overall, food was good, large portions, reasonable price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- larsheDined on 7/26/2014Food was ok took over one hour to get our food...way to long of a wait. second time this has occurred. when they have a large party they cannot keep up with other guests. My Chicken Parm was undercooked.Special Features:
- Off on the Wrong FootOHEngVIPDined on 7/26/2014Arrived at Sapori for our 7PM reservation and were promptly seated. Our waiter stopped by to say hello and tell us about the specials for the evening, but didn't take our drink order. When we ordered our wine, the restaurant was out of our first 2 selections, but finally found a good Langhe Nebbiollo. The the restaurant got very smoky from an overloaded kitchen exhaust fan. The sauteed calamari were cooked nicely and were served in a spicy sauce with hot peppers. Caprese salad was tasty, but served a little too cold. The porcini ravioli, served in a light cream sauce were very good, but came swimming in too much sauce and covered with too much salty grated cheese. Ditto the Sapori ravioli (goat cheese filled spinach pasta) with blush sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findJacobyFanDined on 7/11/2014Portion sizes were plentiful. Probably the best calamari I've ever had. Server was knowledgeable and friendly. Prices were very reasonable. Nice findSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/8/2014Sapori continues to be one of our favorites. Great food, wine, and service. They make you feel like family.Special Features:
- Excellent meal again.FishOhioDined on 7/5/2014We have been to Sapori repeatedly over the last several months. Each time they surpass our expectations. The veal is always excellent and we could not ask for better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentShipskVIPDined on 7/4/2014A wonderful surprise...warm and friendly service, great food, and gluten free pasta that was delicious! A definite repeater!Special Features:
- Love this placea2topDined on 7/3/2014If I could cook like this, we'd never eat out. We've eaten here a half dozen times and have found a new favorite almost every time. Get here before the whole town finds out about it, or you'll be dining at 9pm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Our Local FavoritesClayBuckVIPDined on 6/28/2014We have visited for both lunch and dinner and have enjoyed both steak and pasta. All the food has been great, and, on our last visit, Garrett provided excellent service on a very crowded Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placenicepatioDined on 6/28/2014We ate on the patio,it was a very nice evening.The server was very nice and friendly. The food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious find in Avon LakeFranklyspeakingDined on 6/23/2014Previously, you would have to travel downtown to find a fine Italian restaurant. Now Sapori provides incredibly mouthwatering cuisine with homemade flavor from Italy. We took my mom, who is from Italy and a discerning diner, to Sapori. She was impressed with the simple tomato sauce made with imported tomatoes. I loved the unique blend of chicken, sausage, peppers and onions in a light pomodoro sauce. The wine selection has many fine choices at fair prices. This is now my choice for fine Italian dining on the westside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good visitRichEDined on 6/21/2014This is one of our go to places. Food is always great, good portions at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Excellent Meal; ok servicegaryclarkDined on 6/21/2014This was our 4th visit to Sapori's and as always the food was amazing as were the wine selections. For some reason, however, the service was way too slow - to be clear, it wasn't very busy when we arrived and so we were greeted and taken care of for appetizers and drinks right away. But the restaurant filled up quickly and our server couldn't keep up with the demand, so we ended the evening by having to ask for boxes for our leftovers and to ask for the check, and when that came, the bill wasn't properly split so there was an additional wait to have that resolved. All in all, it's a wonderful place and we will return again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new find for us.EmptyNestersDined on 6/19/2014Brought our local community monthly dinner to the restaurant this month. It was a good way for all of us to try this new restaurant. No one in the group of eleven had been here before. We had a large selection of various entrees. All were delicious and well prepared. We were all happy to have found a new "good" restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Valuemich02Dined on 6/18/2014The food is way above average and the drinks and wine are ample.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time with friendsLuluDined on 5/24/2014This was our first visit with out-of- town friends. Everything was great! Starting with the salad, 4 different entrees and a dessert, no one was disappointed. They are not open on Sundays.Special Features:
- The following 28 reviews are from the Sapori Italian Grille reviews archive.
- Great Food - Lousy serviceSarinaDined on 5/16/2014It was our first time there and we took friends. The food was outstanding but the whole serving staff very disjointed and no one knew what the other one was doing. They delivered salads before appetizers. When we were not even finished with salad the main courses arrived. Terrible timing. Waitress seemed like a real dumb blond who would pour wine for one person and not the second one. Wine was put out of reach from our table. When we got there we were told our table wasn't ready even though we had a reservation. We were told to go to the bar and order a drink. Well, after 10 minutes the bar tender still didn't have time to take our order!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be backLaurieDined on 5/16/2014This was my first visit to the restaurant since the new ownership. The food and service were very good. Our server was knowledgeable about the specials and helpful when making our choices. I had a veal and pasta dish and the veal was tender and the pasta was fresh with perfect texture. My friend ordered the lasagna special and true to the waitress's description, it was huge and delicious! Not swimming in sauce yet not dry. The grated cheese around the rim of the dish was a lovely finish. We were pleased with the wine list that ranged from very affordable to "let's try this one for a special occasion". Sapori will definitely be an option when deciding where to dine out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jmurrclevDined on 5/10/2014Food was very good i will go back, waiter messed up my salad and dinner entree he seamed very confusedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average experiencebuckshot1Dined on 5/10/2014We had hoped that this restaurant would be good so we don't have to drive to Westlake and eat at Carrabbas for a good Italian meal but it didn't turn out that way. The side salad was just some greens, onions and shredded cheese. Not worth $4.50. Chicken Parm consisted of dry overcooked chicken and cheese with virtually no tomato sauce. The pasta that came with the meal was obviously previously cooked and reheated spaghetti since it came out as a congealed glob. The chicken marsala consisted of tender chicken and a very bland and tasteless marsala sauce with mushrooms. The entire meal was an overpriced disappointment.
- Second time even better!RichEDined on 5/9/2014Took some time to get our wine (we were almost done with appetizer and salads). That aside, everything else was great. The calamari was excellent (we love the bits of fried pepperoncini) and the salad was very tasty as well. Wife had the veal parmigiana which was excellent and I had the lasagna, which was hands down the best lasagna I have ever had! We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Perfect Dining!garyclarkDined on 5/3/2014This restaurant is a real gem!! We were greeted by friendly staff as we walked in and the experience thereafter was nothing less than superb. The selection of specials was so varied along with the standard menu that we had a challenge just to decide what to have for dinner. The food was delicious and the wine list was varied with choices for by the glass or by the bottle. We were most impressed with the friendliness of the staff, and in particular, the owner/chef came out to talk personally with us to see if we enjoyed our meal. We haven't received this much attention anywhere else in NE Ohio. And, as I said, to top it off the food was superb. The pasta is exceptional but we also had steak and Norwegian salmon - both truly delectable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining TreatDinomiteDined on 5/3/2014I really like the ambiance and the food at Sapori. The service was good and helpful, but not very experienced. I've been here more than once and will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Excellent foodSpoonieDined on 5/1/2014All around good experience with outstanding food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Larry TaylorOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/28/2014Went with my daughter and son in law. We all had different dinners and they were all great. Will certainly make a point of going there more frequently.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood restaurantLocalpatronDined on 4/26/2014Restaurant is quite small, long and narrow. Not designed very efficiently. Table was ready at time of res. Was crowded and loud, more than I'd like, due to a favorable review in the Cleveland Plain Dealer a couple of weeks before, and an uncovered brick wall on one side. As a result service was rather slow and spotty, although the staff did "try". They were out of two or three of the most popular wines and a couple of dishes - not good for early on a Saturday night. Our appetizer was very slow, arrived simultaneously with salads, and as the table was rather small we had a hard time placing things. The bread was fresh and HOT. It was Great! The food, once it came, was fresh & hot, portions were fairly generous & prices reasonable too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta perfect...and moreMbpaulDined on 4/26/2014A laid back, local place tucked back in the corner of a strip; across the street from the Lake - we enjoyed a leisurely drive out and back on Lake Rd looking at the fabulous houses. Once there, we really enjoyed the meal. Want to try their meatballs? They'll bring one topped with a terrific red sauce. Scallops with white beans and arugula were as good as any I've had, and a perfect detour from the pasta/carbs I was trying to avoid. My husband jumped into their pasta Amatriciana - just the site of this STEAMING plate of pasta was amazing. Tired of lukewarm meals hitting your table? Not here...the pasta choices have your mouth watering just reading the menu. The chef wanders to tables checking on your experience. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerBobNDined on 4/24/2014first time here was with 3 others and all 4 of us loved are meals and service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sapori is wonderfulMissJMWVIPDined on 4/17/2014My boyfriend and I wanted to have a date night which went very well because of the ambiance and fabulous food we had at Sapori. We started off with a great bottle of Meritage, which was a bit difficult to choose because they had such a nice selection of wines by the bottle to choose from. I had the special that evening which was ravioli's in a delightful cream sauce, and my boyfriend had the pork chops that were flavorful, and so tender. We ended with a flour less chocolate dessert that was made with pinot noir and it was to die for! Everything from the ambiance, the service, and our food was spectacular and we will be back to this quaint rustic restaurant!Special Features:
- Saw a review in the PDBlackwingDined on 4/16/2014The first thing I noticed was that it was a very long and narrow space. Well appointed and cozy. White table cloths on the tables and quickly seated. They were about 3/4 full. They had a very nice wine list with a number of reasonably priced selections. I had the Gorgonzola sauce pasta with sausage and my wife had the special which was a lasagna. Both items were very good. We did not have room for desert but several items were tempting. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Joe the owner is a fantasticFriesensVIPDined on 3/20/2014Joe the owner is a fantastic host. The food is incredible. I rate Italian restaurants by their gnocchi and his is the best I have has anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.