416 South Broadway
West Cape May, NJ 08204Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.saporeitaliano.us/
- Phone: 6096001422x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
A word from Sapore Italiano
Sapore Italiano is a fine dining restaurant aiming to bring the best to our customers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Sapore Italiano - Best Restaurants in Cape May ›
Sapore Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (66)fit for foodies (52)romantic (52)special occasion (49)great for outdoor dining (38)good for groups (30)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (5)great for lunch (5)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)Show More
- VettBrandywineVIPDined on 9/20/2014Second time at restaurant. The food is very good and menu is great. However, we had an 8:30 pm reservation and didn't get seated until 9:30. It would have been a nice gesture to comp the desserts.Special Features:
- Nice BYOBOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014My fiance and I dined here the last weekend of summer. We stopped at the Cape May Winery for a bottle to bring and were seated immediately, as we had a reservation. The restaurant seemed busy, but we were seated in their "porch" area which was very nice and quiet (there are only 4 tables there). The server was very friendly, but it took a while for him to open our wine and then a while for him to take our order. There was a complimentary appetizer of various italian peppers and meat, which was very good. I ordered risotto scampi and found it to be very good. My fiance had chicken parmesean and was not overly impressed, but still pleased. The prices were also reasonable, so the night was overall very nice and I'm glad we decided to eat here.Special Features:
- Sapore Italian is the BestDuke1Dined on 9/17/2014We have been to just about every Resturatnt in Cape May County, and I believe I have found one of the Best ! Not only were they friendly as soon as we entered, but the waitress was fabulous and the food was EXCELLENT ! I would highly recommend this establishment to anyone visiting Cape May for the evening !Special Features:
- Special Birthday TreatClemantineDined on 9/14/2014Thinking back over this entire Summer season, I chose Italiano Sapore as my favorite meal and chose to return for my favorite meal, grilled Langostinos with a side of Capellini Aioli. While this restaurant does have a few places for improvement (service, bread) my main course of Langostinos did not disappoint. Excellent food, location & ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - Slow serviceReneeVIPDined on 9/13/2014Excellent food, but the service was incredibly slow.Special Features:
- mikey312Dined on 9/13/2014Went with two friends, two had seafood, one had eggplant parm. My suggestion would be to go with Italian food since it is an Italian restaurant, the seafood( salmon and flounder ) were just ok, The eggplant was pretty good. I thought a house salad which consisted of baby greens and tomatoes was pricey at $8.50. The balsamic dressing was very good. The service was also very good. I would try it again for italian food and then make my final decision. Tables were very close together.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014They took a while to come over and greet us and to open up our wine and it wasn't really busy at the timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MDWCMPDined on 9/10/2014Excellent food. You certainly get your money's worth. Typical post summer service with a lot of help back at school, they appeared a bit under staffed but still a good job.Special Features:
- BYO gemCharlesKDined on 9/9/2014Excellent homemade pasta in an old Cape may mansion. Well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Italian Cuisine in Cape MaylciiiDined on 9/9/2014Food was great. The veal tenderloin medallions with white sauce was excellent--so was the gnocchi. Beautiful location in Cape May. We will come again.Special Features:
- A Pleasant DiscovreyAlexDined on 9/6/2014For several months we noticed a new restaurant in Cape May and finally decided to give it a try. A great decision on our part. The restaurant has a number of tasteful and cheery rooms, the menu offers many options, and the serving staff was friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable of the offerings. A pleasant surprise was a small antipasto served gratis at the beginning of the meal. It was a difficult choice but both decided on a seafood risotto. It was excellent. This place is definitely many levels above the usual sea shore Italian restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciosoOn2VegasDined on 9/4/2014Sapore Italiano is a new (to us) Italian restaurant. Reservations for 3 at 7 PM were easily obtained via OpenTable. Since its a BYOB we picked up a bottle of vino around the corner. From the first interaction with the hostess to the last with the waiter it was a delightful and delicious experience. Our waiter introduced himself, always a nice touch in my book, and explained the specials. The salmon was well prepared and buttery good, the beet and arugala salad was un"beet"ably tasty, the risotto con fungi melted in your mouth. The servings were very generous. Price is on par with type of dining experience expected. It was a very enjoyable dining experience. Can't wait to eat here again next visit. Add this place to your "MUST TRY" list.Special Features:
- OutstandingTere56Dined on 9/1/2014New restaurant in town. Great Italian food. The egg plant rollentine was like my mother used to make. The grilled calamari was tender and cooked perfectly. The homemade pasta with the chicken parm was the best ever! The veal dishes the others had raved about it. Service excellent! The New York cheesecake and the lemon almond tart were delicious! It's a BYOB and I can't wait to go back. It's a big house with each room a dining room. They also have outside dining on the porch. Unique and great for small private parties. I'd man a reservation cause word will get out and may be tough to get in. Bon appetite!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great potential!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2014We had a wonderful meal at Sapore! We were greeted promptly but our reservation was not in the system. The hostess said it was "not a problem" and sat us immediately. We had booked through Open Table and luckily had a confirmation email with us. The veal, crab meat and asparagus special was excellent. Our server was very nice but his shirt was soaked through and looked horrible. Having said this, we had very good service and enjoyed the restaraunt. The table next to us did not have good service. Based on some other feedback I have read on this place, it seems the service is still inconsistent and needs some tweaking. The food was really good and I would love for Sapore to succeed!Special Features:
- Good food, terribly noisy...ahasselVIPDined on 8/31/2014We were seated promptly at a small table for two in one of the front dining rooms. The chatter from four large groups in the same room was deafening to the point where my husband and I couldn't talk because we couldn't hear each other across the table. I asked if we could be reseated in a quieter location and told, simply, "no". We had three people attempt to serve us, but then they all disappeared. Apparently they didn't know who was assigned to our table. Our actual server went for an ice bucket (but didn't open our wine) and took about 15 minutes til she returned. Our food was very good. Will return to give another try after tourist season ends and the restaurant will be less active. Ate my left-over veal for lunch--fantastic!
- Saltandsand4Dined on 8/30/2014The only problem was that our waitress did not come over for 30 minutes. There was a little confusion since we were a party of 6, but then ended up only being 4. That may have confused the wait stuff, as we were not at the table we should have been. We were given water, bread and menus right away though, so don't know why no wait staff right after. We noticed that others were dealt with and served quickly. We did mention this to the hostess, and everything went smoothly after that. We will return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014Our group of 4 tried several menu items. All were good.Special Features:
- First time dining experienceCaptainposDined on 8/27/2014The restaurant was recommended by a neighbor and vacationing family. Our dining experience was 5 stars from start to finish. I normally do not take time to write reviews or take surveys but this restaurant bears noting. Reservations were made online - simple with a follow up email. Complimentary olive tray was a pleasant surprise. Wrapped zucchini for app was outstanding. Caesar salads were freshly prepared. Thumbs up! Chicken Saltembucca was the best I ever tasted. White fish dinner catch of the day was excellent. Roasted potatoes to die for. Satisfying cup of restaurant coffee completed the experience. Our waiter served each course in a timely fashion. Bus boys kept glasses filled and table cleared. We WILL be returning often. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food in Cape MayJoeyDined on 8/25/2014Waiter very attentive. Accommodated our stroller with 2 sleeping kids. Food was amazing. I recommend the eggplant appetizer to start. My main dish was Tilapia which was the best Tilapia I ever had. No joke. The mushroom and sauce they pair with it brings out the full flavor. 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceKmacDined on 8/24/2014Food was good, service mediocre. After 10 min still no waiter greet us, bring bread, open wine, or wine bucket all which should be immediate or at least say I will be with you in a minute. I finally had to ask for a waiter then we had 3 waiters serving us but I shouldn't have to ask. Our main waiter told us special app was scallops wrapped w/bacon but brought out shrimp. He said if we still kept it he could bring out a complimentary antipasto for him messing up so we agreed. Then we noticed everyone else was getting the complimentary antipasto so it really wasn't something extra we got for his screw up. Also noticed other waiters relayed a more extensive specials list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can be LoudAplusSaporeDined on 8/23/2014The quality of the service seems to be dependent upon how busy the restaurant is. The waitress seemed overwhelmed and added to our delay ordering dinner by spending too much time talking with one couple. The room amplifies sound, so, a larger party getting "happy" can be excessively loud.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good startcatwizVIPDined on 8/23/2014New restaurant this season. Wide variety of menu items. Not just Pasta like many Italian places. BYOB, is nice. Desert menu seemed odd. Pictures are preprinted like in a chinese restaurant, leads one to believe that the items are ?prepackaged from outside. I did have a cannoli and it was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Go. Awful experienceMSM9701Dined on 8/22/2014We should have gotten right back in the car and never gone in the restaurant. As we got out of the car I witnessed an employee hand wringing a wet, dirty mop head with his bare hands. Why we continued in to the restaurant was our own msitake. And we paid for it dearly. Food was terrible and the service was right there to match. Stay away, buy canned food and eat it on the beach.
- excellent foodluvgoodfoodDined on 8/22/2014first time visit and definitely will be back. server was very helpful with my decision making and the food was served hot and delicious.Special Features:
- GenoDined on 8/21/2014food was good, better than expected, large portions, well preparedSpecial Features:
- DeliciousAplusSaporeDined on 8/21/2014Absolutely amazing dishes. Service was superb. Ambiance was perfect for casual conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DynamiteDined on 8/18/2014Our second visit to Sapore was outstanding. We had to dine early 6:00pm in order to catch a show. And we were seated outside on the front porch. The food was superb, the atmosphere was excellent, and the service was outstanding, I will recommend this restaurant to all, It was hard to choose from the thoroughly extensive menu, and the specials were fantastic, I do recommend that a week night might be preferable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at bestChrisVIPDined on 8/16/2014I'm not a chef or any sort of food snob but I do know when a meal is high quality. This meal was mediocre at best.Special Features:
- very very goodScottDined on 8/16/2014Ignore the bad yelp reviews except for the bread which needs improvement. The Italian dishes are yummy and portions are large. Service is still a little bit on shake down mode.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food / Marginal ServiceackermdVIPDined on 8/16/2014The food was good, but the service was poor. We were seated in a room with 8 or 9 tables and there were many complaints from other tables as well. Perhaps we got it on a bad night, but the service was poor. Also, the noise was EXTREMELY loud in there. With hardwood floors and a small room, the noise levels were very high. We would not go back.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!ocfoodieDined on 8/14/2014We arrived for dinner with a reservation for 4. We were a party of 5 and it wasn't a problem. We sat outside on the porch and loved everything! Our server was Xavier. He was excellent and very knowledgable. He offered to make an antipasti plate for the table and it was great! It had grilled squash, zucchini, hard salami, olives, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Soo good. Also shared the fired calamari which was fresh and tender. Spicy penne dish was great, pasta cooked just right. Veal dish was so tender you could cut it with a fork, came with yummy roasted potatoes. Bronzino was fresh and very tasty. We shared the chocolate layer cake for dessert, rich chocolate cake with dark chocolate icing, delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find in cape mayEsterDined on 8/13/2014Been coming to cape may for yrs., found on open table and gave it a shot. Winded up being the bedt place we dined at. The food was fantastic the service was great. It was so good we recommended it tp a friend who had a large group including us they were very accomodating and gave us a private room. Would recommend if you have large groups. The staff was very nice and friendly. We had a great time and great food. Were definitely coming back next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dinnerredhead1926Dined on 8/13/2014The food, service and outdoor dining was truly a wonderful experience. The staff was very friendly and attentive. This was our first time dining at this restaurant and we will definitely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, OK serviceNancyinNJDined on 8/12/2014A last minute choice because we were staying in the neighborhood and last year's restaurant in this spot was exceptional. This had solid Italian food but the service was not great. The host seemed disorganized, we were seated at a table with no light, the server was inconsistent at best (I hate running out of water.) They may improve but need some coaching in the operations end. But given two longstanding and excellent Italian choices in the immediate area, and others not far off, they better make those changes fast.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dinerCapeMay1260Dined on 8/10/2014New restaurants come and go in Cape May. Spapore offered a change in venue. Away from the hustle of Town and they accept reservations. Big plus. Nicely decorated and enjoyed having a nice quiet dinner with no children in sight. This will be my regular spot. Servers were knowledgeable and friendly. I would say try it out bit would live to keep the big family crowds away. Not for children. Great atmosphere. Lighting could have been a bit more subtle. Food was delish. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the hypeStepsiteVIPDined on 8/9/2014Food was ok to good but the service brought the experience way down. The bread was stale served with cold butter pats in the small plastic tubs. I think we only saw our waiter three times. We had to ask for water refills. We waited ten minutes to get our waiter to open one of our bottle of wine. We had champagne, wine and red wines and was never offered anything but the one white wine glass for all of it. The restaurant was busy but they should have staffed for it.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/8/2014The food was excellent and the service was very good. Our table for two was a little tight, but manageable .I would recommend this to a friend.
- thursdineteamDined on 8/7/2014Excellent food. Entree's arrived steaming hot and up to our expectations. A menu to please any Italian food lover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local customer - 2nd time thereeatoutalotDined on 8/7/2014We went on Thursday night August 7th and it was our second time there. The first time it was just my husband and I. We ordered a salad, 2 entree's and my husband asked for extra sauce for his chicken parm. We waited a very long time and finally we received our dinners.....the salad never came. The extra sauce for the parm never came either. We were hungry so we accepted the dinners. We had friends who wanted to dine there and as much as we were hesitant to go back we decided to give it another try. This time it was worse. We had a 7:30 reservation. We got there and waited about 15 minutes which was no big deal. We sat down and immediate got water and bread. The waitress came and took our order. It was almost an hour before we got dinner.Special Features:
- Nice Shore RestaurantMarveloDined on 8/3/2014While the food very good (bread could use improvement) and the ambience was nice service was not on a par with other shore restaurants. Waitress blamed it on being understaffed and big parties. Will give it another chanceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.