416 South Broadway
West Cape May, NJ 08204Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.saporeitaliano.us/
- Phone: 6096001422x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
A word from Sapore Italiano
Sapore Italiano is a fine dining restaurant aiming to bring the best to our customers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Sapore Italiano - Best Restaurants in Cape May ›
Sapore Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
158 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (81)fit for foodies (62)special occasion (58)romantic (56)great for outdoor dining (43)good for groups (39)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (5)scenic view (5)great for lunch (5)late-night find (5)Show More
- Music was to loudJillyDined on 10/19/2014We were seated in the corner with the speaker above, and the music was way to loud..I asked to have it lowered. Not typical dinner music, not sure what it was.However I felt it was distracting. Food was Okay, not leaving there wanting to go back soon. Very disappointed in the dessert menu..they only make 2 desserts on site, the rest is brought in from a company. I expect more from upscale restaurants in Cape May when you are paying a higher end price for food.. The Building and property is beautiful. The service from servers and hostess was great.Special Features:
- BYOB in Cape May!JB22VIPDined on 10/18/2014Who doesn't love a BYOB? This charming BYOB just off Broadway offers a joyous atmosphere of fun loving vacationers having a great time and enjoying themselves and the great Italian fare at Sapore. Making a run at being open year round, I'm in favor of supporting this restaurant each time I visit my family in Town Bank. A large menu with a variety of options to appeal all, the staples are the standard Italian dishes. Still, the fresh fish, the lobster ravioli and some non-menu specialty items are equally delish. We were a little bit late getting seated, but the host brought us both an apology and a complimentary anti-pasta for the table. We'll be back the next time we go to see how the restaurant handles the change in seasons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/18/2014Everyone enjoyed their fabulous meals, service was great and the price was very reasonable. I will go back!
- 4th time visitDynamiteDined on 10/18/2014Food was good as usual. this was our 4th visit, very busy more servesr could have been used. But very good meal.Special Features:
- A Great FindwdcrestDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I have been to this restaurant several times and have thoroughly enjoyed our dinner each time. The food is delicious with a nice presentation. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice anniversary dinner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014We had a lovely time and was treated to great service by our waiter, Ed. The food was delicious and we really enjoyed the meal and setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we tried Sapore ItalianoFoodloverDined on 10/10/2014Well, I was searching for an end of our vacation restaurant and came upon Sapore Italiano. This is a fairly new place and the reviews were mixed. There were a number of complaints about this and that, but most agreed on the deliciousness of their dinners. We were seated immediately by Christina. Our server, Christine, opened our wine upon greeting us. She was very warm and helpful. My husband had a veal dish with roasted peppers and shrimp in a white wine sauce that he happily consumed. My meal was veal piccata and was flavorful and by the way, the veal was tender and prepared beautifully. The lighting was not too bright and the noise level was low. We were happy we chose to give this lovely restaurant a chance.Special Features:
- Sapore Italiano-Super!libocmDined on 10/10/2014Warm and welcoming staff made our evening cozy and familial. How about a complementary appetizer and an attentive staff that accommodated our every request?Two in our party shared a delicious fish chowder and the staff actually split the order into two bowls! Substitution requests were honored graciously. Papardelle, veal parm, lobster ravioli were all superb. The only misses were the bread, toasted and sort of stale, and the desserts, the only reasons Sapore did not receive an excellent rather than a very good rating from us. Are the desserts made in-house? We have our doubts. However, we heartily recommend this lovely Italian restaurant. OSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, ambience fairCookieVIPDined on 10/9/2014The food was very good. The prices reasonable. The lights are too bright and the music loud and inappropriate.Special Features:
- Best Italian Restaurant in Town!JaneDined on 10/9/2014My husband and I are very fussy about Italian food. The food here is delicious. We will be going back as often as we can so we can try more dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatLjcpDined on 10/5/2014Perfect service and the food was excellent!! Great price for what you receive-would definitely go again.Special Features:
- third time a real charmDynamiteDined on 10/4/2014This was our third visit, once with family, 10 people three children under four large room , second romantic twosome, outside porch, third with another couple quiet room. All three very different dinning experiences but all outstanding. The Sapore Italiano Restaurant is one of the most delightful finds in Cape May. The last time we were there with another couple, the gentleman with us had a shirt with a embroidered Vietnam Veteran insignia on the pocket and the waiter came over to us at the end of our dinner and told us a couple across from us wanted to buy his dinner in appreciation for his service. What a wonderful gesture. It shows you what kind of clientele this restaurant attracts. I would give it more than 5 stars if I could.Special Features:
- Nice local restaurantGinnyDined on 9/28/2014I ordered the rack of lamb. The lamb was tough and it was not what I was expecting. It was covered in gravy with peppers and onions. The others in our party stayed with Italian dishes and were happy with their entrees. The crab bisque appetizer was delicious, and because I did not enjoy my entrée, they brought homemade tiramisu to our table, which was absolutely to die for. Stick with Italian food and you will be quite happy with your meal. The lights are very bright in the dining room. Suggestion would be to install dimmers. And tables are very close together. The noise level was quiet, probably because it was off season and not all the tables were filled.Special Features:
- Delicious Italian RestaurantFood4LifeDined on 9/27/2014Sapore Italiano is a welcome newcomer in Cape May. Great food, good service, wonderful hostess.Special Features:
- A great second chance...ahasselVIPDined on 9/27/2014We ate here a couple of weeks ago and it was not a great experience (service was off, way too noisy), but we liked the food and gave it another try. It was outstanding! I had a caesar salad that was very good (although my husband wanted anchovies and the waiter had no idea what he was asking for). I ordered the lasagna and it was phenomenal. I'll be back to get it again--meaty, cheesy, saucy--just delicious! We were seated on the back porch and it was nice and quiet--we were thankful we weren't seated in the room with the huge groups. We'll definitely be back!!
- Wonderful Culinary AdditionBeckyLeeDined on 9/27/2014Cape May has a long list of excellent dining experiences now adding to its list Sapore. As a frequent visitor to Cape May, my family and I were eager to dine at one of Cape May's newest restaurants, Sapore. We were of party of six and all agreed the food was delicious, the menu was extensive (even the pickiest eater would be satisfied), the decor was bright but d not over done, and the staff was attentive. We would recommend Sapore and will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodDiner101Dined on 9/27/2014Seafood dishes are excellent! It would be nice if the Hostess was a little friendlier; otherwise a very nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VettBrandywineVIPDined on 9/20/2014Second time at restaurant. The food is very good and menu is great. However, we had an 8:30 pm reservation and didn't get seated until 9:30. It would have been a nice gesture to comp the desserts.Special Features:
- Nice BYOBLMBeachyDined on 9/20/2014My fiance and I dined here the last weekend of summer. We stopped at the Cape May Winery for a bottle to bring and were seated immediately, as we had a reservation. The restaurant seemed busy, but we were seated in their "porch" area which was very nice and quiet (there are only 4 tables there). The server was very friendly, but it took a while for him to open our wine and then a while for him to take our order. There was a complimentary appetizer of various italian peppers and meat, which was very good. I ordered risotto scampi and found it to be very good. My fiance had chicken parmesean and was not overly impressed, but still pleased. The prices were also reasonable, so the night was overall very nice and I'm glad we decided to eat here.Special Features:
- Sapore Italian is the BestDuke1Dined on 9/17/2014We have been to just about every Resturatnt in Cape May County, and I believe I have found one of the Best ! Not only were they friendly as soon as we entered, but the waitress was fabulous and the food was EXCELLENT ! I would highly recommend this establishment to anyone visiting Cape May for the evening !Special Features:
- Special Birthday TreatClemantineDined on 9/14/2014Thinking back over this entire Summer season, I chose Italiano Sapore as my favorite meal and chose to return for my favorite meal, grilled Langostinos with a side of Capellini Aioli. While this restaurant does have a few places for improvement (service, bread) my main course of Langostinos did not disappoint. Excellent food, location & ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - Slow serviceReneeVIPDined on 9/13/2014Excellent food, but the service was incredibly slow.Special Features:
- mikey312Dined on 9/13/2014Went with two friends, two had seafood, one had eggplant parm. My suggestion would be to go with Italian food since it is an Italian restaurant, the seafood( salmon and flounder ) were just ok, The eggplant was pretty good. I thought a house salad which consisted of baby greens and tomatoes was pricey at $8.50. The balsamic dressing was very good. The service was also very good. I would try it again for italian food and then make my final decision. Tables were very close together.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014They took a while to come over and greet us and to open up our wine and it wasn't really busy at the timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MDWCMPDined on 9/10/2014Excellent food. You certainly get your money's worth. Typical post summer service with a lot of help back at school, they appeared a bit under staffed but still a good job.Special Features:
- BYO gemCharlesKDined on 9/9/2014Excellent homemade pasta in an old Cape may mansion. Well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Italian Cuisine in Cape MaylciiiDined on 9/9/2014Food was great. The veal tenderloin medallions with white sauce was excellent--so was the gnocchi. Beautiful location in Cape May. We will come again.Special Features:
- A Pleasant DiscovreyAlexDined on 9/6/2014For several months we noticed a new restaurant in Cape May and finally decided to give it a try. A great decision on our part. The restaurant has a number of tasteful and cheery rooms, the menu offers many options, and the serving staff was friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable of the offerings. A pleasant surprise was a small antipasto served gratis at the beginning of the meal. It was a difficult choice but both decided on a seafood risotto. It was excellent. This place is definitely many levels above the usual sea shore Italian restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciosoOn2VegasDined on 9/4/2014Sapore Italiano is a new (to us) Italian restaurant. Reservations for 3 at 7 PM were easily obtained via OpenTable. Since its a BYOB we picked up a bottle of vino around the corner. From the first interaction with the hostess to the last with the waiter it was a delightful and delicious experience. Our waiter introduced himself, always a nice touch in my book, and explained the specials. The salmon was well prepared and buttery good, the beet and arugala salad was un"beet"ably tasty, the risotto con fungi melted in your mouth. The servings were very generous. Price is on par with type of dining experience expected. It was a very enjoyable dining experience. Can't wait to eat here again next visit. Add this place to your "MUST TRY" list.Special Features:
- OutstandingTere56VIPDined on 9/1/2014New restaurant in town. Great Italian food. The egg plant rollentine was like my mother used to make. The grilled calamari was tender and cooked perfectly. The homemade pasta with the chicken parm was the best ever! The veal dishes the others had raved about it. Service excellent! The New York cheesecake and the lemon almond tart were delicious! It's a BYOB and I can't wait to go back. It's a big house with each room a dining room. They also have outside dining on the porch. Unique and great for small private parties. I'd man a reservation cause word will get out and may be tough to get in. Bon appetite!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great potential!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2014We had a wonderful meal at Sapore! We were greeted promptly but our reservation was not in the system. The hostess said it was "not a problem" and sat us immediately. We had booked through Open Table and luckily had a confirmation email with us. The veal, crab meat and asparagus special was excellent. Our server was very nice but his shirt was soaked through and looked horrible. Having said this, we had very good service and enjoyed the restaraunt. The table next to us did not have good service. Based on some other feedback I have read on this place, it seems the service is still inconsistent and needs some tweaking. The food was really good and I would love for Sapore to succeed!Special Features:
- Good food, terribly noisy...ahasselVIPDined on 8/31/2014We were seated promptly at a small table for two in one of the front dining rooms. The chatter from four large groups in the same room was deafening to the point where my husband and I couldn't talk because we couldn't hear each other across the table. I asked if we could be reseated in a quieter location and told, simply, "no". We had three people attempt to serve us, but then they all disappeared. Apparently they didn't know who was assigned to our table. Our actual server went for an ice bucket (but didn't open our wine) and took about 15 minutes til she returned. Our food was very good. Will return to give another try after tourist season ends and the restaurant will be less active. Ate my left-over veal for lunch--fantastic!
- Saltandsand4Dined on 8/30/2014The only problem was that our waitress did not come over for 30 minutes. There was a little confusion since we were a party of 6, but then ended up only being 4. That may have confused the wait stuff, as we were not at the table we should have been. We were given water, bread and menus right away though, so don't know why no wait staff right after. We noticed that others were dealt with and served quickly. We did mention this to the hostess, and everything went smoothly after that. We will return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014Our group of 4 tried several menu items. All were good.Special Features:
- First time dining experienceCaptainposDined on 8/27/2014The restaurant was recommended by a neighbor and vacationing family. Our dining experience was 5 stars from start to finish. I normally do not take time to write reviews or take surveys but this restaurant bears noting. Reservations were made online - simple with a follow up email. Complimentary olive tray was a pleasant surprise. Wrapped zucchini for app was outstanding. Caesar salads were freshly prepared. Thumbs up! Chicken Saltembucca was the best I ever tasted. White fish dinner catch of the day was excellent. Roasted potatoes to die for. Satisfying cup of restaurant coffee completed the experience. Our waiter served each course in a timely fashion. Bus boys kept glasses filled and table cleared. We WILL be returning often. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food in Cape MayJoeyDined on 8/25/2014Waiter very attentive. Accommodated our stroller with 2 sleeping kids. Food was amazing. I recommend the eggplant appetizer to start. My main dish was Tilapia which was the best Tilapia I ever had. No joke. The mushroom and sauce they pair with it brings out the full flavor. 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceKmacDined on 8/24/2014Food was good, service mediocre. After 10 min still no waiter greet us, bring bread, open wine, or wine bucket all which should be immediate or at least say I will be with you in a minute. I finally had to ask for a waiter then we had 3 waiters serving us but I shouldn't have to ask. Our main waiter told us special app was scallops wrapped w/bacon but brought out shrimp. He said if we still kept it he could bring out a complimentary antipasto for him messing up so we agreed. Then we noticed everyone else was getting the complimentary antipasto so it really wasn't something extra we got for his screw up. Also noticed other waiters relayed a more extensive specials list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can be LoudAplusSaporeDined on 8/23/2014The quality of the service seems to be dependent upon how busy the restaurant is. The waitress seemed overwhelmed and added to our delay ordering dinner by spending too much time talking with one couple. The room amplifies sound, so, a larger party getting "happy" can be excessively loud.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good startcatwizVIPDined on 8/23/2014New restaurant this season. Wide variety of menu items. Not just Pasta like many Italian places. BYOB, is nice. Desert menu seemed odd. Pictures are preprinted like in a chinese restaurant, leads one to believe that the items are ?prepackaged from outside. I did have a cannoli and it was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Go. Awful experienceMSM9701Dined on 8/22/2014We should have gotten right back in the car and never gone in the restaurant. As we got out of the car I witnessed an employee hand wringing a wet, dirty mop head with his bare hands. Why we continued in to the restaurant was our own msitake. And we paid for it dearly. Food was terrible and the service was right there to match. Stay away, buy canned food and eat it on the beach.