105 Town and Country Drive
Danville, CA 94526Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.santorinidanville.com/
- Phone: (925) 743-1065
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:30am-5:00pm
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Santorini Restaurant
Located in the heart of Danville, CA Santorini is a casual Mediterranean Restaurant with a great selection of food from the region. Our menus are created with the greatest care to ensure a satisfying dining experience. We firmly believe that great food should be enjoyed without pretentiousness, which is truly the spirit of Mediterranean cooking. The finest fresh and seasonal ingredients with warm hospitable service, all in a friendly, festive environment -- that"s what Santorini is all about. Our full bar serves variety of drinks in addition to our wide selection of wines. Come and enjoy our specialties such as Pomegranate chicken and kababs along with freshly made appetizers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Santorini Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)great for outdoor dining (18)good for groups (13)fit for foodies (10)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (8)special occasion (5)notable wine list (3)romantic (3)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Good Food Good ServiceMuncherVIPDined on 11/22/2014Excellent Greek/Mediterranean food with excellent service in a relaxed setting. This is our go-to restaurant when we crave Greek food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going here for years.H82w8Dined on 11/21/2014Good food, though they could spice up their meats a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly MediterraneanKiheiGirlVIPDined on 11/7/2014The delicious food and quaint decor brought me back to my visit of the island of Santorini in Greece. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodteekDined on 10/25/2014Great food and prices are moderate, especially for Danville area.Special Features:
- Excellent!!!Jules2VIPDined on 10/25/2014I always love the food and service! This is one of a few rare gems in Danville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/26/2014Great food and service. The flat bread is soft, warm and the dipping sauce is especially good.Special Features:
- Food good,some food inconsistencyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014We went here for my birthday and we were a party of 11. We ordered our dolmas and hummus and they were delicious. The first plate of pita bread were not warm and they were crunchy and black on the edges. We asked for more as there was a lot of hummus and the nex batch was warm, not burnt and soft? Much better. 3 people in our party ordered rack of lamb.. 2 had 7 pieces and one order had 6? 3 orders of filet mug on kebabs.. One medium well, two medium... All were well done... Too done... These were the bad parts of the evening.. Otherwise delicious trout, moussaka and appetizers for the most part.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer supper at SantoriniVegetariaDined on 9/11/2014I love mediterranean food, am not a meat eater and was dining with three others who were not very familiar with mediterranean and are meat eaters. Santorini had something for everyone. The combination appetizer platter was perfect for four. The hummus and baba ganjou were some of the best I've had. Our table ordered a chicken dish, pasta dish, two salads, one with a beautiful piece of grilled salmon. Everyone was pleased and agreed would return again. The restaurant is in a corner location of a shopping center with patio seating. It was a beautiful night and we chose an outdoor table and it was perfect. The service was excellent. The servers were attentive, but not intrusive. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diner's DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/6/2014We've been to Santorini more than a few times, but the first time was the big surprise for a restaurant tucked into a shopping center. The food is amazing, and plated beautifully. The entire staff makes you feel like family. We come with our family, and three grandchildren, ages 12, 15 and 17. They are adventourous eaters, and world travelers, but there are always couples and other family groups dining there. It always feels like you are dining in a European restaurant, and when you first enter, the smells are calling to sit down and enjoy a few relaxing hours with nothing else to think about. Danville has so many wonderful restaurants, and Santorini certainly belongs in the mix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Greek Food!Jules2VIPDined on 9/6/2014So many places in Danville are "generic" and lacking character and flavor. This restaurant has character, is quaint and the food is phenomenal. We have had the mezze platter, calzones, kabobs, veggie platter and they are all highly recommended. Nothing has ever let us down including the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Too SaltyDiner123VIPDined on 8/30/2014I ordered the chicken kabob, which came with saffron rice. While it was certainly edible, both the chicken and rice were too salty. I also found that the oil and vinegar which comes with the bread was too salty as well. In addition, it was a pleasant night, so we dined outside. However, the outdoor dining area looks to be a common walkway to get to the Mexican restaurant upstairs. Having people constantly walk by took away from the dining ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Times a Charm!jvmartin0707VIPDined on 8/17/2014This visit to Santorini's was our second time there. The first time, I had commented that the Gyros Platter needed to be updated with fewer raw onions and some healthier lettuce (no iceberg, please!). Happily, they have replaced the iceberg with romaine, and have cut down on the onions. I would still like to see them caramelize the onions - that would be a nice touch! Or, try making a sauteed eggplant side (instead of the onions). But, everything else about our dinner was good. We also got a chance to eat outside since it was such a nice evening, and it was very pleasant.Special Features:
- RelaxingZmirDined on 8/12/2014Allowed us to sit back relax chat eat and stay for hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 8/8/2014We had a wonderful time at the restaurant. We were sat down promptly and right away we were brought this wonderful warm flat bread with a tasty olive oil dipping sauce. This was addictive! Service was wonderful and the food was very tasty. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Enjoyed itLucindaDined on 8/7/2014I would go there for their dipping sauce alone. It is awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 89 reviews are from the Santorini Restaurant reviews archive.
- A great eveningWittDined on 7/21/2014It was a quiet evening there when we wenty for dinner. The service was perfect and the food was great.Special Features:
- Very nicetonicDined on 7/16/2014We we're celebrating our wedding anniversary, we arrived 10 minutes early and we're shown to a table right away. The waiter was helpful in explaining the menu and our drink order was taken. The food was great we are planning to bring our foodie group here soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrongjoelDined on 7/14/2014Tasty Mediterranean food, reasonable prices, friendly people in a casual environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Danville GreekOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/5/2014Great Mediterranean/Greek food in a casual local setting with friendly staff and a nice patio out front. We've been many times and it has always been very pleasant.Special Features:
- Loved this place!KEKSDined on 6/26/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our meal here. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Mediterranean foodCecilDined on 6/15/2014Have eaten lunch here a few times before, but this was my first time for dinner. It was Father's Day and busy. The food was good, but my chicken kabob was a little dry. Best part was the appetizer combo with hummus, tabouli, baba ganoush and dolmas. The flat bread is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Find!MuncherVIPDined on 6/14/2014Despite some negative reviews, we still decided to give Santorini a shot. We were pleased with the food quality at Santorini & service was amazing as well. There was absolutely no bad service here. We were greeted while walking into the restaurant & the gentleman who served us was really accomodating & jovial. They kept replenishing the freshly made pita bread. It was so good!! Prices are reasonable & food is good. Will definitely return to this place.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/7/2014We sat outside on a comfortably warm June evening. The outdoor seating looks out over the parking lot of a dumpy strip mall. Greek salad needed more salt, acid, olives and feta. Prawn (shrimp) starter had a strange orange (turmeric or saffron??) sauce. The shrimp was bland and overcooked. The service was friendly. The food was disappointing though.
- Good Food at Reasonable PricesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2014Went there for a birthday and they were very accommodating. Not fancy, but good food without breaking the bankSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunchLulubelle86Dined on 5/13/2014Had never been here before. Went for a birthday lunch and was very impressed with everything I put in my mouth! The dolmas were divine, the babaganoush (spelling?;) was very yummy and so was the flavorful Greek salad and moist chicken kabobs! I would give it a 10/10 and will definitely be going back to try the lamb dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice ChangeNaddaDined on 5/11/2014A very nice change to the usual heavy foods. Service was a little slow but the outdoor seating made up for it. Good food, good wine, good friends!! Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left Much to be DesiredSaraDined on 5/11/2014Celebrated mother's day luch there this May. The restaurant was to busy to pay attention to us as we walked in. So had to get attention to be seated. The waitress was cluless about the menu and spilt the beer while serving it. The Mediterranean platter was a disappointment - portions were too small and not at all flavorful. The dish I ordered was cold when expected to be piping hot. Pretty much a disappointing lunch. Ambience is great and the apology for all the above by the waitress was the only saving grace.Special Features:
- Excellent relaxed diningmynjoDined on 5/4/2014We seleted this restaurant just by reading online reviews and we were not disappointed. We had an early sunday dinner (5:00). The restaurant was not crowded at that hour. We had prompt courteous service throughout the meal. Four of us shared an appetizer platter and a spanikopita. Both were excellent. We finished every drop. Two had lamb shank, one pomegrante chicken and one moussaka. We all had eaten Greek/Mediterranean food before and found the food at Santorini right at the top of the list. Each dish had a unique flavor. The spices were at just the right level, noticeable but not over powering. The food was served hot....not always an easy thing to accomplish. This is a great change from Italian, Mexican, and Asian. We'll be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2014Excellent Greek food at reasonable prices. We will return!Special Features:
- Decent Greek cuisineElpresidenteDined on 4/19/2014Festive atmosphere. Attentive staff. Run-of-the-mill Greek cuisine offerings. Exceptions: Pomegranate Chicken, very good. Lamb Shank, a good value at $17. A short list of excellent Greek wines.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the calzoneCygnusDined on 4/18/2014Between the pita and the Greek style calzone - I'm sold. You will be too. Trust me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in DanvilleJoniVIPDined on 3/29/2014My friend and I discovered this small restaurant on Open Table and really loved it. Great food, quiet atmosphere, and very friendly manager and staff. Will definitely go back when I am in Danville.Special Features:
- Greece without the travelDebbieFanVIPDined on 3/29/2014Nice surprise finding a little bit of Greece right here in Danville. The food was excellent, the service was okay, the decor was so Greek. Friendly owner and staff. A nice change of pace...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charmingmilena925Dined on 3/18/2014The combination appetizer platter is not to be missed, served with warm flat bread, very good. For our entrees we had the kubideh and mussaka, both very tasty. The waiter was excellent. Will be back :-)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/17/2014I had the lunch special number 3. It was was great and had a nice time catching up wth a co-workerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refreshing BreakDelightfulDined on 3/15/2014Santorini's is a welcoming and comfortable restaurant. You immediately feel the ambiance of the restaurant upon entering and being pleasantly greeted. The excellent entrees are seasoned just right. Each bite makes your palate look forward to the next. My favorite entree is the tilapia filet with lemon capers sauce. My friends enjoy the koubideh kabob and seafood linguine. The food is absolutely delicious! The quiet ambiance permits comfortable conversation. We enjoyed sitting outside in the warm sunshine. It was like we took a brief trip to the Mediterranean. We look forward to returning in the near future to enjoy another fabulous entree. Thank you for a delicious meal in a delightful setting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go Changin'Jules2VIPDined on 2/25/2014Wow! This went from my top pick where my family and I rated this as some of the best in a Danville. The food was clean, flavorful, simple and authentic. What happened?? My food was now filled with blobs of excessive oils and dressings. The veggie dish soggy and drenched in too much oil, then the kabob lies atop another overdone blob of a dressing that looks unappealing and distracts from the purity it used to have. Lighten up! It's too much and why the change? How can this go from my rave to least fav? So sad...
- Greek Food in DanvilleJmarr00Dined on 2/14/2014Santorini is an outstaning experience if you like fresh and reasonably priced mediterrean food. I highly recommend the lamb shanks. Generious portions that are priced very well. The bread that they serve is addicting. I can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- Best Greek in Bay Area!Jules2VIPDined on 2/13/2014I honestly keep coming back. The food and service is consistently top notch. Ask for the Greek wine menu! These are some of the best wines and my husband loves the Greek beer. The salmon and chicken kabobs are tasty and you will never go wrong with the Mediterranean platter- the best hummus and babaghanoush! Go! It's worth it every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time Visit was Good!jvmartin0707VIPDined on 1/25/2014My daughter, husband and I visited the restaurant for the first time last Saturday. It was very nice that the owner came to our table and introduced himself and, knowing that it was the first time to his restaurant, he offered us a complimentary appetizer plate. The food was nicely spiced, and we particularly liked the hummus. While we enjoyed our gyros (falafel and beef/lamb), I wish that they had served them with something more than chopped iceburg lettuce, tomatoes and onions (raw). A mixture of spring greens and romaine would have been been nicer and a more updated touch. And, sauteeing the onions mean an extra step for the chef...but, oh..so, so much better than raw!I would recommend this to a friend.