105 Town and Country Drive
Danville, CA 94526Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.santorinidanville.com/
- Phone: (925) 743-1065
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:30am-5:00pm
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Santorini Restaurant
Located in the heart of Danville, CA Santorini is a casual Mediterranean Restaurant with a great selection of food from the region. Our menus are created with the greatest care to ensure a satisfying dining experience. We firmly believe that great food should be enjoyed without pretentiousness, which is truly the spirit of Mediterranean cooking. The finest fresh and seasonal ingredients with warm hospitable service, all in a friendly, festive environment -- that"s what Santorini is all about. Our full bar serves variety of drinks in addition to our wide selection of wines. Come and enjoy our specialties such as Pomegranate chicken and kababs along with freshly made appetizers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Santorini Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)great for outdoor dining (19)good for groups (14)fit for foodies (11)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (8)special occasion (5)notable wine list (3)romantic (3)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- First Time Visit was Good!jvmartin0707VIPDined on 1/25/2014My daughter, husband and I visited the restaurant for the first time last Saturday. It was very nice that the owner came to our table and introduced himself and, knowing that it was the first time to his restaurant, he offered us a complimentary appetizer plate. The food was nicely spiced, and we particularly liked the hummus. While we enjoyed our gyros (falafel and beef/lamb), I wish that they had served them with something more than chopped iceburg lettuce, tomatoes and onions (raw). A mixture of spring greens and romaine would have been been nicer and a more updated touch. And, sauteeing the onions mean an extra step for the chef...but, oh..so, so much better than raw!I would recommend this to a friend.
- SanRamonDinerSanRamonDinerDined on 1/17/2014This is one of my favorite places to dine. The place was busy for a Friday night but got seated right away for my party of 3. The food is great. Love the complimentary flatbread & dip. Enjoyed the lamb shank and lamb kebobs. They were very tasty and presentation was nice. The service is always welcoming and very friendly. Ordered wine by the glass and the portion was very generous. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place.EpicureanVIPDined on 1/9/2014First, I love the ambiance. It's neat walking in the restaurant, and feeling like we are visiting Santorini island. The service is impeccable. Accommodating, friendly, and welcoming - such a novel idea for service attributes. Like it should be. Seriously, it's what all restaurants should provide - just good business that always make us want to come back. For us, service ranks right up there with the food. In fact, service is the first chance the restaurant had to make a lasting impression. We've always been impressed. The food, delicious. My husband is Egyptian, in which the foods are very similar. I must say, the food is authentic and delicious. We highly recommend Santorini!
- Great Meditteranean foodBugabooVIPDined on 12/28/2013This is a Danville neighborhood gem in the Danville Livery. The food has always been excellent and the service exceptional. We've never had a bad meal here and the prices are quite reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be Best in Class!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/20/2013Excellent Food and service at a fair price. The only "miss" was the wine list which is good but" they don't have what they say they have." Rabbit Ridge Zin is prominently advertised on the menu but not available. It has been missing the last two times I have been to the restaurant, but still on the wine list. Also, I was told they no longer take my Passport card even though they are still on the Passport list- I'll check into that one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New find in Danvillemilena925Dined on 12/12/2013Our first time in this restaurant, we liked everything and will be back.
- I had heard about this placeWytocaDined on 10/23/2013I had heard about this place from my daughter and her boyfriend so I chose it for my book group. We met here and had a wonderful time. The wine list was not extensive but we all tried different wines (by glass) and everyone said their wine was very good. They brought our table a complimentary plate of mixed appetizers. Everything was fresh and delicious. The pomegranate chicken was divine and I brought the leftovers home and my husband enjoyed it the next day. The desserts are very creative. I would recommend this place to everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, authentic Greek foodElizabethVIPDined on 10/7/2013This is my second time eating at Santorini. A friend of mine had tried it and just raved about it and so I went, and the food was terrific. I had to go back this past week with my family and they all loved it. Big portions, fresh food, friendly staff. I'd highly recommend Santorini.Special Features:
- ScrumptiousFranDined on 10/6/2013The portions were adequate. We started by sharing a wedge salad. I ordered the Pomegranate Chicken. This was served with mash potatoes and carrots. My friend ordered the Grilled Pork with the pomegranate sauce and it also was served with mash potatoes and carrots. For dessert, we shared Tiramisu and Baklava. A perfect touch to end the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/28/2013We went with friends had seen for some time, so a quite spot mid way between our homes was needed. This fit the bill, we were able to have a good visit. The service was great, but the musaka was very disappointing. It was chewy with undercooked hard eggplant and was more spicy than expected (which was disclosed on the menu, I just did not believe it). The lamb shank was so-so. The waiter was surprised we did not order a starter, so he brought one on the house! The items on it were excellent. And the chocolate truffle dessert was a good blend of its parts and we all felt was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tucked away; worth the visitPhilVIPDined on 9/26/2013Didn't realize they were here until the other day and decided to try. Quiet on a weekday evening. Service was exceptional - very, very attentive without hovering. Got baba ganoush as appetizer and it was FABULOUS - almost a bit sweet with a hint of mint. Brought extra flat bread without needing to ask. Had the pomegranate chicken which was wonderful. Came with very flavorful mashed potatoes. My wife had the moussaka - it was a bit spicy - but that was noted on the menu. Portions were very large - we had lunch for the next day set. A very pleasant dining room as well. All in all a very pleasurable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would recommend this restaurantjorsettiDined on 7/19/2013To all: I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys a Mediterranean cuise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very mediocre and overpricedNotafanVIPDined on 7/4/2013The ingredients are cheap and the service is slow. Preparation is very average. Prices are high for the quality. No repeat visit from our family!
- Some great, some not so great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2013I had the pomegranate chicken which I thought was outstanding. My wife had the ground beef kebab which was very dry and came without a sauce... she was disappointed. They are generous with the wine pour. I would go back and have the chicken in a heartbeat.... Service was attentive and very good. The server did try to help with the kebab and suggested a sauce which he brought.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at SantoriniOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/23/2013We loved the whole experience and are looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2013We were looking for a good not too expensive place for Fathers Day. Saw the good review of this restaurant and we gave it a try. We were not disappointed. Service was good. Our server Alexa was so attentive. Food was excellent! Great Mediterranean Food. We will definitely be back and bring friends and show off our new found favorite place :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/14/2013Good service, good food. All in all a fun experienceI would recommend this to a friend.
- We've been there more thanAslongasitisDined on 6/11/2013We've been there more than once and will continue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be BetterSpudVIPDined on 6/10/2013Dined here when they first opened and it was terrific. This last time things seemed to be off somewhat: pomegranate chicken was extremely dry, out of beer, only had half the advertised desserts, cappuccino machine wasn't working. However, the lamb shank was superb and the service was attentive. Hopefully they can get things back on track.
- Not their best nightDanvilledinerDined on 6/8/2013On our 3rd visit to Santorini, we were let down compared to previous visits. We were celebrating a special occasion and left somewhat disappointed.The filet Kebab wasn't the usual high quality meat, and they ran out of ALL of our favorite desserts! Even though our server brought us a complimentary Tiramisu, it wasn't the same. Apparently they underestimated the crowd they'd have that night for graduation season. We'll return and hope our filet is tender & our favorite chocolate Bomba is waiting for us next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you enjoy Greek food, thisOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/24/2013If you enjoy Greek food, this is a great place to experience it. The appetizer plate is ample and very tasty. My favorite is the trout, although you do have to watch for bones. We've been back many times. My husband enjoys the gyro platter. The servers are always friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Santorini RestaurantDatenightfoodieVIPDined on 5/12/2013We went to Santorini for Mother's Day and picked an excellent time for our reservation - 4:00 p.m. We beat the lunch rush and the upcoming dinner rush. The food was good although my husband wasn't thrilled with the Moussaka since the lamb was a bit indiscernible. I had the pomegranate chicken - the white meat was a little dry, but there was enough of the pomegranate sauce to make up for it. The combo appetizer was excellent and I especially loved the tabouli that came with the nice warm pita bread as well as the combo appetizer. We will definitely go back to Santorini - it was all in all an enjoyable experience, with the most excellent service you could ask for.Special Features:
- It was a perfect night, weatherBillBDined on 4/27/2013It was a perfect night, weather wise, and we were able to sit outside. View is not the best but the air was clean, service prompt and food worth going back. Good size portions. Limited wine list.Special Features:
- We were a bit disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/6/2013We were a bit disappointed with the food. The Kabobs really didn't have much flavor and were dry (Combo chicken and filet mignon). The rack of lamb was four very small pieces and was cooked medium well (requested medium rare). The service was good and very genuine but the food wasn't worth the price.
- This is just a great restaurantMcLeodDined on 3/20/2013This is just a great restaurant in Danville. The people are so accomdating and personable and the food is excellent. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- This was my third time atPamelaDined on 3/16/2013This was my third time at Santorini's and I was VERY disappointed in the food. My first two times were for lunch so maybe the dinner chef does things differently? The baked tomato was cold and almost tasted like a canned tomato. The rice was dry and cold with very little saffron on it. The koobideh was better than the side dishes but still not as good as previous visits. It was only luke warm and looked like it had some kind of sauce on the top of it, although the server insisted it did not. On the plus side, my Greek salad was excellent and my husband said his dessert (some kind of mango/white chocolate concoction) was very good. I'll go back again but probably only for lunch. If this was my first visit, it would have been my last.Special Features:
- Not to be MissedSpudVIPDined on 3/14/2013From the impeccable service to the fabulous kebobs, Santorini should not be overlooked.Special Features:
- Try the Koobideh kabobs!PamelaDined on 3/9/2013Service was superb and the Koobideh kabobs were incredible. Quantities were generous. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Lamb and beef had no flavorOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013Lamb and beef had no flavor and was overcooked,advertised a full bar had only wine and beer
- good food, slow service. it'sCeleryDined on 2/16/2013good food, slow service. it's a good thing we were not in a hurry. and no retsina on the menu -- odd for greek/mediterranean restaurant. and disappointing.
- Everything was pretty goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Everything was pretty good but Service was slow possibly due to restaurant being full due to it being valentine's daySpecial Features:
- Valentine's day is probablyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013Valentine's day is probably not the best day to judge a restuurant but...the Greek appetizers were delicious. The main course was ok.
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013I have been to Santorini in Danville about 5 times. I have always enjoyed it. Clean atmosphere, good service and good food. Very friendly owner / staff. I would recommend.Special Features:
- Definitely worth a tryFrequentDinerVIPDined on 2/1/2013This is a nice restaurant with good food and attentive staff. The menu is eclectic, containing Middle Eastern and Mediterranean dishes, both vegetarian and meaty. The noise level grew to an energetic level as the restaurant filled with diners; OTOH, early in the evening I asked that they reduce the volume of the music and they actually did so. All in all, recommended. I will likely return.Special Features:
- Food was amazing and thereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/26/2013Food was amazing and there seemed to be a great number of locals who frequent this spot. Wait staff was terrific.Special Features:
- Super friendly service withOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/14/2013Super friendly service with good food at a good price. This is not a "special occasion" place by any means, but a nice addition to the town.Special Features:
- My New Favorite Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/30/2012My new favorite restaurant! We ordered the combination appetizer platter and enjoyed it all. We ordered chicken, lamb, beef and salmon for our entrees and everyone enjoyed their meal. The service was outstanding! I'm definitely returning to Santorini.Special Features:
- All of the lamb dishes areOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/7/2012All of the lamb dishes are wonderful. Service is very good and you never feel rushed. Indoor and outdoor dining available. Parking is plentiful.Special Features:
- Entree sizes were way tooOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/4/2012Entree sizes were way too small. I was still hungry after eating all of my meal. The grilled salmon was very good but not enough seasonal vegetables and too much salsa. Our group requested bread plates which never arrived.
- We went to Santorini to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2012We went to Santorini to celebrate my husband's birthday and we took our 7 and 9-year old boys. There was something for each of us and we all thoroughly enjoyed our meal!Special Features: