105 Town and Country Drive
Danville, CA 94526Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.santorinidanville.com/
- Phone: 9257431065
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:30am-5:00pm
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Santorini Restaurant
Located in the heart of Danville, CA Santorini is a casual Mediterranean Restaurant with a great selection of food from the region. Our menus are created with the greatest care to ensure a satisfying dining experience. We firmly believe that great food should be enjoyed without pretentiousness, which is truly the spirit of Mediterranean cooking. The finest fresh and seasonal ingredients with warm hospitable service, all in a friendly, festive environment -- that"s what Santorini is all about. Our full bar serves variety of drinks in addition to our wide selection of wines. Come and enjoy our specialties such as Pomegranate chicken and kababs along with freshly made appetizers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Santorini Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)great for outdoor dining (15)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (8)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (4)romantic (2)special occasion (2)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Second Times a Charm!jvmartin0707VIPDined on 8/17/2014This visit to Santorini's was our second time there. The first time, I had commented that the Gyros Platter needed to be updated with fewer raw onions and some healthier lettuce (no iceberg, please!). Happily, they have replaced the iceberg with romaine, and have cut down on the onions. I would still like to see them caramelize the onions - that would be a nice touch! Or, try making a sauteed eggplant side (instead of the onions). But, everything else about our dinner was good. We also got a chance to eat outside since it was such a nice evening, and it was very pleasant.Special Features:
- RelaxingZmirDined on 8/12/2014Allowed us to sit back relax chat eat and stay for hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 8/8/2014We had a wonderful time at the restaurant. We were sat down promptly and right away we were brought this wonderful warm flat bread with a tasty olive oil dipping sauce. This was addictive! Service was wonderful and the food was very tasty. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Enjoyed itLucindaDined on 8/7/2014I would go there for their dipping sauce alone. It is awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/21/2014It was a quiet evening there when we wenty for dinner. The service was perfect and the food was great.Special Features:
- Very nicetonicDined on 7/16/2014We we're celebrating our wedding anniversary, we arrived 10 minutes early and we're shown to a table right away. The waiter was helpful in explaining the menu and our drink order was taken. The food was great we are planning to bring our foodie group here soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrongjoelDined on 7/14/2014Tasty Mediterranean food, reasonable prices, friendly people in a casual environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Danville GreekOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/5/2014Great Mediterranean/Greek food in a casual local setting with friendly staff and a nice patio out front. We've been many times and it has always been very pleasant.Special Features:
- Loved this place!KEKSDined on 6/26/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our meal here. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Mediterranean foodCecilDined on 6/15/2014Have eaten lunch here a few times before, but this was my first time for dinner. It was Father's Day and busy. The food was good, but my chicken kabob was a little dry. Best part was the appetizer combo with hummus, tabouli, baba ganoush and dolmas. The flat bread is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Find!MuncherVIPDined on 6/14/2014Despite some negative reviews, we still decided to give Santorini a shot. We were pleased with the food quality at Santorini & service was amazing as well. There was absolutely no bad service here. We were greeted while walking into the restaurant & the gentleman who served us was really accomodating & jovial. They kept replenishing the freshly made pita bread. It was so good!! Prices are reasonable & food is good. Will definitely return to this place.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/7/2014We sat outside on a comfortably warm June evening. The outdoor seating looks out over the parking lot of a dumpy strip mall. Greek salad needed more salt, acid, olives and feta. Prawn (shrimp) starter had a strange orange (turmeric or saffron??) sauce. The shrimp was bland and overcooked. The service was friendly. The food was disappointing though.
- Good Food at Reasonable PricesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2014Went there for a birthday and they were very accommodating. Not fancy, but good food without breaking the bankSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunchLulubelle86Dined on 5/13/2014Had never been here before. Went for a birthday lunch and was very impressed with everything I put in my mouth! The dolmas were divine, the babaganoush (spelling?;) was very yummy and so was the flavorful Greek salad and moist chicken kabobs! I would give it a 10/10 and will definitely be going back to try the lamb dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice ChangeNaddaDined on 5/11/2014A very nice change to the usual heavy foods. Service was a little slow but the outdoor seating made up for it. Good food, good wine, good friends!! Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left Much to be DesiredSaraDined on 5/11/2014Celebrated mother's day luch there this May. The restaurant was to busy to pay attention to us as we walked in. So had to get attention to be seated. The waitress was cluless about the menu and spilt the beer while serving it. The Mediterranean platter was a disappointment - portions were too small and not at all flavorful. The dish I ordered was cold when expected to be piping hot. Pretty much a disappointing lunch. Ambience is great and the apology for all the above by the waitress was the only saving grace.Special Features:
- Excellent relaxed diningmynjoDined on 5/4/2014We seleted this restaurant just by reading online reviews and we were not disappointed. We had an early sunday dinner (5:00). The restaurant was not crowded at that hour. We had prompt courteous service throughout the meal. Four of us shared an appetizer platter and a spanikopita. Both were excellent. We finished every drop. Two had lamb shank, one pomegrante chicken and one moussaka. We all had eaten Greek/Mediterranean food before and found the food at Santorini right at the top of the list. Each dish had a unique flavor. The spices were at just the right level, noticeable but not over powering. The food was served hot....not always an easy thing to accomplish. This is a great change from Italian, Mexican, and Asian. We'll be back.Special Features:
- The following 76 reviews are from the Santorini Restaurant reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2014Excellent Greek food at reasonable prices. We will return!Special Features:
- Decent Greek cuisineElpresidenteDined on 4/19/2014Festive atmosphere. Attentive staff. Run-of-the-mill Greek cuisine offerings. Exceptions: Pomegranate Chicken, very good. Lamb Shank, a good value at $17. A short list of excellent Greek wines.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the calzoneCygnusDined on 4/18/2014Between the pita and the Greek style calzone - I'm sold. You will be too. Trust me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in DanvilleJoniVIPDined on 3/29/2014My friend and I discovered this small restaurant on Open Table and really loved it. Great food, quiet atmosphere, and very friendly manager and staff. Will definitely go back when I am in Danville.Special Features:
- Greece without the travelDebbieFanVIPDined on 3/29/2014Nice surprise finding a little bit of Greece right here in Danville. The food was excellent, the service was okay, the decor was so Greek. Friendly owner and staff. A nice change of pace...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charmingmilena925Dined on 3/18/2014The combination appetizer platter is not to be missed, served with warm flat bread, very good. For our entrees we had the kubideh and mussaka, both very tasty. The waiter was excellent. Will be back :-)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/17/2014I had the lunch special number 3. It was was great and had a nice time catching up wth a co-workerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refreshing BreakDelightfulDined on 3/15/2014Santorini's is a welcoming and comfortable restaurant. You immediately feel the ambiance of the restaurant upon entering and being pleasantly greeted. The excellent entrees are seasoned just right. Each bite makes your palate look forward to the next. My favorite entree is the tilapia filet with lemon capers sauce. My friends enjoy the koubideh kabob and seafood linguine. The food is absolutely delicious! The quiet ambiance permits comfortable conversation. We enjoyed sitting outside in the warm sunshine. It was like we took a brief trip to the Mediterranean. We look forward to returning in the near future to enjoy another fabulous entree. Thank you for a delicious meal in a delightful setting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go Changin'Jules2VIPDined on 2/25/2014Wow! This went from my top pick where my family and I rated this as some of the best in a Danville. The food was clean, flavorful, simple and authentic. What happened?? My food was now filled with blobs of excessive oils and dressings. The veggie dish soggy and drenched in too much oil, then the kabob lies atop another overdone blob of a dressing that looks unappealing and distracts from the purity it used to have. Lighten up! It's too much and why the change? How can this go from my rave to least fav? So sad...
- Greek Food in DanvilleJmarr00Dined on 2/14/2014Santorini is an outstaning experience if you like fresh and reasonably priced mediterrean food. I highly recommend the lamb shanks. Generious portions that are priced very well. The bread that they serve is addicting. I can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- Best Greek in Bay Area!Jules2VIPDined on 2/13/2014I honestly keep coming back. The food and service is consistently top notch. Ask for the Greek wine menu! These are some of the best wines and my husband loves the Greek beer. The salmon and chicken kabobs are tasty and you will never go wrong with the Mediterranean platter- the best hummus and babaghanoush! Go! It's worth it every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time Visit was Good!jvmartin0707VIPDined on 1/25/2014My daughter, husband and I visited the restaurant for the first time last Saturday. It was very nice that the owner came to our table and introduced himself and, knowing that it was the first time to his restaurant, he offered us a complimentary appetizer plate. The food was nicely spiced, and we particularly liked the hummus. While we enjoyed our gyros (falafel and beef/lamb), I wish that they had served them with something more than chopped iceburg lettuce, tomatoes and onions (raw). A mixture of spring greens and romaine would have been been nicer and a more updated touch. And, sauteeing the onions mean an extra step for the chef...but, oh..so, so much better than raw!I would recommend this to a friend.
- SanRamonDinerSanRamonDinerDined on 1/17/2014This is one of my favorite places to dine. The place was busy for a Friday night but got seated right away for my party of 3. The food is great. Love the complimentary flatbread & dip. Enjoyed the lamb shank and lamb kebobs. They were very tasty and presentation was nice. The service is always welcoming and very friendly. Ordered wine by the glass and the portion was very generous. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place.EpicureanVIPDined on 1/9/2014First, I love the ambiance. It's neat walking in the restaurant, and feeling like we are visiting Santorini island. The service is impeccable. Accommodating, friendly, and welcoming - such a novel idea for service attributes. Like it should be. Seriously, it's what all restaurants should provide - just good business that always make us want to come back. For us, service ranks right up there with the food. In fact, service is the first chance the restaurant had to make a lasting impression. We've always been impressed. The food, delicious. My husband is Egyptian, in which the foods are very similar. I must say, the food is authentic and delicious. We highly recommend Santorini!
- Great Meditteranean foodBugabooVIPDined on 12/28/2013This is a Danville neighborhood gem in the Danville Livery. The food has always been excellent and the service exceptional. We've never had a bad meal here and the prices are quite reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be Best in Class!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/20/2013Excellent Food and service at a fair price. The only "miss" was the wine list which is good but" they don't have what they say they have." Rabbit Ridge Zin is prominently advertised on the menu but not available. It has been missing the last two times I have been to the restaurant, but still on the wine list. Also, I was told they no longer take my Passport card even though they are still on the Passport list- I'll check into that one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New find in Danvillemilena925Dined on 12/12/2013Our first time in this restaurant, we liked everything and will be back.
- I had heard about this placeWytocaDined on 10/23/2013I had heard about this place from my daughter and her boyfriend so I chose it for my book group. We met here and had a wonderful time. The wine list was not extensive but we all tried different wines (by glass) and everyone said their wine was very good. They brought our table a complimentary plate of mixed appetizers. Everything was fresh and delicious. The pomegranate chicken was divine and I brought the leftovers home and my husband enjoyed it the next day. The desserts are very creative. I would recommend this place to everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, authentic Greek foodElizabethVIPDined on 10/7/2013This is my second time eating at Santorini. A friend of mine had tried it and just raved about it and so I went, and the food was terrific. I had to go back this past week with my family and they all loved it. Big portions, fresh food, friendly staff. I'd highly recommend Santorini.Special Features:
- ScrumptiousFranDined on 10/6/2013The portions were adequate. We started by sharing a wedge salad. I ordered the Pomegranate Chicken. This was served with mash potatoes and carrots. My friend ordered the Grilled Pork with the pomegranate sauce and it also was served with mash potatoes and carrots. For dessert, we shared Tiramisu and Baklava. A perfect touch to end the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/28/2013We went with friends had seen for some time, so a quite spot mid way between our homes was needed. This fit the bill, we were able to have a good visit. The service was great, but the musaka was very disappointing. It was chewy with undercooked hard eggplant and was more spicy than expected (which was disclosed on the menu, I just did not believe it). The lamb shank was so-so. The waiter was surprised we did not order a starter, so he brought one on the house! The items on it were excellent. And the chocolate truffle dessert was a good blend of its parts and we all felt was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tucked away; worth the visitPhilVIPDined on 9/26/2013Didn't realize they were here until the other day and decided to try. Quiet on a weekday evening. Service was exceptional - very, very attentive without hovering. Got baba ganoush as appetizer and it was FABULOUS - almost a bit sweet with a hint of mint. Brought extra flat bread without needing to ask. Had the pomegranate chicken which was wonderful. Came with very flavorful mashed potatoes. My wife had the moussaka - it was a bit spicy - but that was noted on the menu. Portions were very large - we had lunch for the next day set. A very pleasant dining room as well. All in all a very pleasurable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would recommend this restaurantjorsettiDined on 7/19/2013To all: I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys a Mediterranean cuise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.