Santorini Greek Restaurant
800 W Adams St
Chicago, IL 60607Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $31 to $50
Santorini Greek Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.santorinichicago.com/
- Phone: (312) 829-8820
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Greek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Santorini Greek Restaurant
If you need an evening in the Greek islands, visit our more upscale, white tablecloth Greek Restaurant specializing in Seafood. Our very comfortable, elegant environment is not as touristy as our neighbors and is especially warm and inviting by the fireplace on a cold night. In the heart of Greektown, SANTORINI stands out with its authentic Greek cooking and seafood with a Greek flair. The menu contains more than 20 seafood options flown in fresh daily. Hallmark entrees include Greek Style Whole Red Snapper and Whole Black Sea Bass, filleted by table-side at your request.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Santorini Greek Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- FOBAB After PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014Went here with a big group after a beer festival at UIC Forum. Great place. Their best dishes seem to be tied to specific days of the week but overall there was something for everyone. Very fun time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandiDined on 11/10/2014Restaurant has different seating locations making it perfect for a celebration or a business discussion. One of the things I really enjoy is that there is a great selection to choose from. Thus, if you are on a healthy diet, there are plenty of options.Special Features:
- Fish AlwaysgreekmanVIPDined on 11/8/2014We have been here many times and consider it one of the best restaurants in Greektown. The daily fish special is always outstanding. This visit we had the red snapper which besides being cooked to perfection tasted like it was just caught and cooked at our table. I would recommend Santorini's to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyeatingVIPDined on 11/7/2014The food was good. We had a table of 4 of us and we started with the saganaki and a greek salad that were very good! For dinner we had the large shrimp in a red sauce and it was very tasty. My one son had a tasty lamb dish. It was good over all.Special Features:
- Great Fresh FishLindiDined on 11/7/2014Fish was excellent - octopus, sea bass and snapper.. However, service was rushed, wine came after appetizer served, and they served us our entree before we finished our appetizer - and then we were told that is how they do it in Greece?!! Since we have lived there, we have not experienced such a rushed meal and disagree.Special Features:
- ehRestaurantFanDined on 11/7/2014Service was very good. Food was fair. Meat and veggies overcooked and lacked flavor. Overpriced for the quality of food served.
- Greek Town Chicago ILkathyDined on 11/2/2014Santorni's has always been one of our family and friends favorite. The food is consistently good and wait staff has always made us feel very welcome. The restaurant accommodates large as well a small dinner parties. We went for lunch to get together with friends who no longer live close together and this restaurant was a great central location choice as well as one that all liked. Enjoyable afternoon for al.Special Features:
- They take reservations!JAMESVIPDined on 11/1/2014Better service, excellent authentic Greek food, AND they take reservations! A far better experience than waiting for a table at that other place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Greek foodNSwmsbgVIPDined on 10/28/2014This is a nicely appointed spot to enjoy good Greek food. The service is very attentive and they have a great wine list. We had some of the best taramasalata we've ever had. We found the lamb and artichoke hearts, available on Tues. & Thurs., disappointing. The sauce was very heavy and too creamy with an overwhelming flavor of celery rather than of artichokes and lemon. But my friend's roasted chicken was absolutely delicious. Surprisingly there was no Gyros on the menu and that was disappointing. But a Greek menu standby of saganaki was tremendously enjoyed.Special Features:
- Loud and chaotic, but decent food.DavidDined on 10/18/2014We were seated in the aisle close to the kitchen and hostess stand, and it was so loud that conversation was impossible. Waiters ran by us every few seconds, and large parties of diners squeezed past us in the crowded aisle-very busy and uncomfortable. It is hard to believe they put tables in this cramped, busy aisle. Service was OK, but a drink order was wrong and it was hard to get the waiters attention sometimes. The food was fair to good. The grilled octopus was excellent. The grilled salmon salad was disappointing, bland and overcooked, as was the rapini. Moussaka was well made, but bland. The free valet parking is a big plus.
- very good overallSnappledrinkerDined on 10/18/2014Promptly seated. Attentive staff. Overall concern was that food was delivered too quickly. Wasn't done with soup, appetizer/salad delivered. Not done with appetizer/salad, entrée delivered. No sooner did we get done with entrée, dessert/coffee/tea being pushed. Food was very good, but need to slow down a bit between courses. Although busy, there didn't seem to be a need for such hurry.
- Spur of the MomentCindyFDined on 10/16/2014In the area and made a quick reservation; enjoyed a very nice dinner.Special Features:
- Great lunchWinogirlDined on 10/14/2014We brought our boss here for his birthday. The food was very good, the room is gorgeous, very comfortable. Had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kmwillsVIPDined on 10/11/2014House wine was terrible as were mixed drinks. Our waiter was rude and we felt rushed during dinner.
- Good Greek FoodFoodieMommaVIPDined on 10/10/2014We had a fun time at dinner here and enjoyed the food. Ordered the "flaming cheese" as suggested, but don't really understand the hype behind it. Grilled calamari was good and lamb kapama (Friday night special) was absolutely amazing. Ordered 3 desserts, which were just ok. Overall a good experience.Special Features:
- Delicious and great Greektown spotKegamagalDined on 10/10/2014The place to go in Chicago's Greektown for seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family DinnerkidbonitaDined on 10/4/2014Our table for 9 was ready and waiting upon our arrival. We were seated immediately (though we were early) and water and bread were brought around. The restaurant was busy, but the server was attentive. The wine was not great. The octopus and the lamb chops were excellent.Special Features:
- I wanted to love it...KennethVIPDined on 10/4/2014this was my our second time there only with a party of seven. Given this and the fact that it was early would make one think we would get particularly good service. Not really...waited forever before anyone showed up to take our drink order. The waiter tried hard but seemed to have trouble with the English language...both communicating and hearing. I'm all for authenticity but I need understand the specials. Forgot drink orders and got our appetizer order wrong..and at the end forgot to include our salad in the bill - which was well over $300. Yea you think they might be write that off huh? no way. I love Greek food and wanted it love it as an alternative to Greek Islands but I wont be back.
- Great fun spot!BGPandmeDined on 10/3/2014We love it there. Whoever we take there always has a good time.Special Features:
- Opah!PattiVIPDined on 10/1/2014We had a great time at Santorini and the waiter was so funny and attentive. Will go back soon....Special Features:
- Service that ExcelsSheilaBVIPDined on 9/23/2014My companion and I thoroughly enjoyed beautiful grilled octopus, the Greek half-chicken with potatoes. Our entrees were delivered just right. The exceptional service prior to the entrees was regarding several special requests. My companion is "gluten-free" and and requested olives as a side and sliced fresh cucumber to accompany our order of tzatziki. The tzatziki is outstanding. The plates of olives and cucumber arrived and we had ordered caesar salads. My companion forgot to mention that the croutons should be omitted from his salad. When the salad arrived he said not to change it and he would eat salad and avoid the croutons. The waiter said he would take care of it and returned with a fresh salad.Special Features:
- Just okDinerVIPDined on 9/10/2014I wanted to like this place... I did. It was ok at best. Our server was nice, the food and the service was just ok. I ordered the Grouper and I did not eat it (did not taste good/ was not fresh) I'm sorry.
- Great Old School Greek DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/9/2014Going straight to the top of my change-up list for when I'm tired of trying to find the hot new foodie option. Simple, outstanding, old school Greek restaurant with outstanding seafood. Saganaki was the best I've ever had. Nice lemony touch. Same for the grilled calamari. Pastichio was lovely with the rich bechamel and lamb. Server was very professional: super-helpful, knowledgeable, and prompt. No pretension. Just great quality food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great go to restaurantJmanDined on 9/8/2014I keep this place on my list for several reasons: food is good, service is good and the place always delivers when I have guests in town. I use this when I have groups of diverse people because the menu has something for everyone.Special Features:
- Fresh and good quality foodGalaGalDined on 9/7/2014We were very pleased with the quality of food; the egg lemon soup was superb; the romaine lettuce in the salad was cold and crisp; the taramasalata was the freshest most fluffy spread we ever had; oh my gosh, the grilled octopus was great; shrimp Santorini, too.....and on and on. The Greek background music was perfect to set the atmosphere of being on Santorini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek foodOPdinerDined on 8/24/2014We were a party of five looking for Greek food. The setting was perfect, the food was tasty and plentiful, our waiter was attentive without being omnipresent. We especially enjoyed the variety of appetizers we ordered--tzatziki, taramasalata, calamari, saganaki and olives. Everyone got a different entree and enjoyed it. We'll return!Special Features:
- enjoyeatingVIPDined on 8/22/2014Food was great and wait staff was excellent !!! We had a party of 6 and we were enjoyed our experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite Greek restaurant.calebbrewsterVIPDined on 8/22/2014Colorado cut lamb chops the best in town.l Also the only one I know of that has raw clams and oysters appetizers and they are also reasonably priced under $10. Nothing special about the Oysters and would not order them again, but the clams, which are not small, were fine. Valet parking for tip onlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious authentic Greek food!Yummy12Dined on 8/16/2014My husband and I love Santorini! The food is absolutely delicious! The service is great! And the food is served very fast which is great when you're hungry! We always get seats outside and enjoy the breeze! Although it's a street view it's a very calm street with little traffic. I highly recommend the shrimp and filet dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening in Greek TownFondueloverDined on 8/16/2014We like Santorini for their terrific seafood. We both had the Shrimp Santorini. Delicious! The appetizers of flaming cheese and grilled octopus were also very yummy. Finished off the evening with their chocolate mousse cake....I'm speechless. Our waiter Spiro was attentive and at no time did we feel like the dinner was rushed. Excellent evening and waiter.Special Features:
- Lesa than expectedJafernandezDined on 8/13/2014The overall experience was less than expected: food was good but not outstanding, service was fair but not outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Santorini Is The PlaceGuathunDined on 7/29/2014Wonderful fresh seafood. The Walleye fish was cook to perfection. My bacalao fish came in a good portion. Our friends reminisces and raves how good the whole red snapper tasted. Server was pleasant! Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Loved SantoriniMarthaCritiqueVIPDined on 7/26/2014Friends all say it's the best Greek restaurant in Chicago! They are correct! It was outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocrity reignsthoughtforfoodVIPDined on 7/26/2014This is a lively spot, I think frequented more by tourists that wander into Greek town than by discerning locals. Everything on the menu is forgettableSpecial Features:
- Very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/24/2014Having chosen this restaurant because of the wonderful experience last year we took our out-of-town friends and was so disappointed. It certainly isn't what it used to be. The two fish that were brought over for our selection had cloudy eyes and should have been thrown out. The lamb chops were one bite each and too burnt. Can you believe we actually return the salad? I was so sorry to see this happen to one of my favorite restaurants.
- great!MrNodnocDined on 7/23/2014the space is one giant room w an "upper deck" (3 stairs maybe) around it. it was packed yet our table of four wasn't crowded w other diners. the menu had a bit of everything...steaks/chops, seafood, pasta, traditional Greek plates. all four of us really liked our food...Florida grouper, orange roughy, a chicken dish, & the Wednesday special (meat & potatoes). the only "minus" is they were out of the special of the day & our reservation was for 7pm. didn't matter as none of us had been & wanted to explore the menu. we also ordered three desserts...pineapple sorbet, rice pudding, & the Greek option (not baklava, tho that was an option too). again, we all liked dessert too. total for one app, four entrees, & 3 desserts & 2 pops...$97. awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would definitely go back.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014Sanotrini was recommended by a co-worker. The food was good. Priced very nice. We went for lunch. 4 adults and 3 teenagers. Although we had one bottle of wine and everyone else had water and one coke, our bill was $150 for 6 people. It was for lunch, but some of the meals included scallops and tuna steak. Extremely happy, recommend visiting.Special Features:
- Fresh and fantasticChicagoanDined on 7/5/2014My husband and I took an New York friend here and could not have asked for a nicer meal. We ate outside, and except for the ambulance that happened by, the noise level was fine during the July 4 weekend. We had horta, saganaki, swordfish kebobs, salads and octopus, with a house red wine. All was perfectly prepared. We were amazed at the intuitive and attentive (but not intrusive) service from the waiter and even the bus staff. A great place, inside or out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Greek foodBRDGVIPDined on 7/4/2014Excellent food, perfectly prepared, great personal service & easy with free parking! Will be returning regularly!Special Features:
- Great Greek Food!ThePicksterVIPDined on 6/28/2014I used to always go to another Greek restaurant. About 25 years ago a Resident of mine said you are going to the wrong place, you must try Santorini. Away we went and I have been back ever since. Their food is great and I have never had a bad meal ever! The place is great and you will not be disappointed!Special Features: