802 Virginia Drive
Orlando, FL 32803Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.santiagosbodega.com/
- Phone: (407) 412-6979
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch and Dinner: Daily: 11:00am - 1:00am;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Santiago's Bodega
Santiago's Bodega presents a unique tasting experience featuring small plates that hopscotch between decadent (a warm Camembert wedge topped with sauteed garlic, onions, almonds, apricots, chopped dates, bell peppers), refreshing (yellow fin tuna, avocado, mango ceviche), exotic (lamb patties with fresh thyme, sherry, lemon zest) and just plain comfort-food-delicious (Roman meatballs on angel hair, or fried potatoes in a spicy sauce). As nothing costs over $15, there’s no major commitment, and if the relationship doesn't work, move along to the next selection. The menu’s ideal for sharing and for mixing up in endless combinations. Alternate between chevre tartlet, spanakopita, or smoked salmon carpaccio. Invent your own meal. Dining in such a way permits the rules of wine pairings to step aside like snooty impostors, and what goes best with dinner is exactly what tempts you. Santiago’s Bodega is a good-natured, low-key, food-lovers hangout, a neighborhood restaurant. - Margit BisztrayContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Santiago's Bodega - Best Restaurants in Downtown Orlando ›
Santiago's Bodega reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (97)neighborhood gem (95)great for outdoor dining (74)good for groups (69)great for brunch (66)hot spot (57)special occasion (44)vibrant bar scene (42)romantic (42)late-night find (28)notable wine list (27)great for lunch (27)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2014Great place in our neighborhood. All of the dishes were great and service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Primo ExcellenteFoodGroupieDined on 11/15/2014Everythin I tried was excellent! Puff pastry, croucheteand the shrimp chorizo skewer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014I've been a regular since I lived in key west, and now that I live a couple of blocks away its going to be hard to keep keep me away from this place. Menu (like home) is out of this world, and now have quite a few new favorites. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedLoulouc123Dined on 11/11/2014Food is consistently amazing, sangria is phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TapasbwgilbrDined on 11/9/2014I am not a huge fan of tapas; but this was a nice surprise. Great food; great service. The tuna ceviche was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The brunch is so worth it!RoshDined on 11/9/2014A waiter at Hillstone recommended the brunch. It did not disappoint. A generous buffet with french toast, pancakes and omelettes made to order. It's worth the price. I'll be back soon to try the tapas menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Great for people with food allergies! So many options!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very friendly staff, great foodChokiepooDined on 11/2/2014We came for early dinner to celebrate my dad's bday with a baby in tow. Forest made great food and drink recommendations. Nobody gave us ahard time about a fussy baby but I imagine if it was later in the evening, a different crowd demographics would probably not be as forgiving. It's a bit pricey than your regular restaurant chain, but the service and food appropriately match up to the expectation for that price range. Art works in the dining room made the place very interesting. Entertained both baby and oldies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2014I've only been here for brunch but the bottomless mimosas take the cake! Thank youSpecial Features:
- Special for HalloweenAmandaDined on 10/31/2014We LOVED how everyone was dressed up and in the halloween spirit. We had a wonderful time. The weather was just right to sit outside and enjoy seeing others pass by in creative costumes. We had a relaxed paced evening with our friends. Nothing would have made this night better!!!Special Features:
- Fantastic Tapas and ServiceGWDADined on 10/31/2014This is my second time and it won't be the last. The 1st visit was for lunch after softball with CFSL as Santiago's was was our leagues host bar/restaurant. The three of us each ordered something different and there was plenty to share and take home. The Trio (hummus served 3 ways with pita) along with the Roman meatballs and the mini Quesadillas were delicious. The 2nd trip for dinner at my recommendation for my GWDA (Girls Who Dine Around) monthly dinner. Home made Sangria, specialty cocktails and wine. The wine fridge stain glass doors are beautiful. The 7 (+1) in the group put a dent in the menu with not one disappointing dish. We are all going back for the weekend brunch and the bottomless mimosas. Strongly Recommend This PlaceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Santiago's is awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/30/2014This is the 4th time we have eaten at Santiago's and we have never been disappointed. The quality of the food is AMAZING! We especially enjoy the beef short ribs (it is a MUST HAVE every time); and we love the lamb lollipops as well. The beer and wine selection is also fantastic as we love good beer and wine. Also, the ambiance just adds to the entire experience - really makes you feel that you are not at just some other restaurant. It is a very nice and cool venue and we will continue to make it one of our regular stops.Special Features:
- love this placekelsey26Dined on 10/26/2014I really enjoy coming here for my Sunday brunches! Can become rather busy so I suggest getting a reservation or arriving early. Good food and drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014We went for a nice brunch last Saturday and had a wonderful morning. We were greeted by a great server and she was very attentive the whole time. Saturday Brunch was not very crowded and was a great morning to sit on the patio. We enjpyed crablegs, leg of lamb, omlettes, and delicious french toast prepared to order. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a night in the townChefJayDined on 10/24/2014I am a certified and trained chef. I have worked at several gourmet restaurants, most recently in south beach. I have lived in the orlando area for over 5 years and this is thebest food, start to finish I have tasted. It's a shame I almost left. Your hostess was ridiculously incompetent. Everything else was excellent. Thanks !! Chef JaySpecial Features:
- Not as expected, but not bad.LizzytexVIPDined on 10/24/2014We visited their sister restaurant in Key West and had the most amazing meal, so we were excited to see they also had a location in Orlando. We were going to be there for a conference so decided to get back there. We loved the ambiance (although this time we had our 13 year old daughter with us so it wasn't as much a romantic dinner out as our Key West visit was). The food was a bit of a disappointment. One of the dished I ordered was a scallop special. It was very bland - not much flavor. Also ordered some chicken skewers that were pretty un-remarkable. The good things we had: meatballs, fried cheese (flame grilled at your table), the potato "cakes" and the short ribs. Overall not a bad meal, just not as great as what I remembered. Of course, everything may just taste better when you're in Key West!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1breauxDined on 10/22/2014As usual, I found the food outstanding. I have so many favorites I just keep eating. The service was good as well. Santiago's has just over taken Adriciatico as my new favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodLuv2eatDined on 10/22/2014It was a beautiful night for eating out and the food was great. We had crabcakes, saganaki and shrimp/chrioso skewers and everything tasted great. Our waiter was terrific and enjoyable to talk to. Will be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding - as alwaysJRH1Dined on 10/18/2014Santiago's Bodega is a gem! The food is consistently delicious, the wine list is great and there is a good variety of cocktails. This is a great place to relax and take your time sharing small plates and catching up. We had a variety of dishes and are still talking about the lamb chops.Special Features:
- Tapas DelightYummsvilleDined on 10/18/2014From the looks of it on the exterior it's hard to expect what the vibe is like inside. While the outside deck dining looks inviting and casual, the interior is more upscale looking with low lighting, good music, art and a well kempt staff. The menu offers tapas (small plates) but some plates are more plentiful than others. Most notable was the yellowfin ceviche with fresh mango, red onions & a zesty, light citrus dressing, the puff pastry (savory and delicious), & mozzarella burrata- the cheese is so soft it just pulls apart from the wheel. I suggest pairing it with the sourdough bread. Although the rolls don't taste much like sourdough, it's a better alternative to pita. Good wine & cocktail selection. Nice for an intimate date.Special Features:
- A Avant Garde Hot SpotTheChipsterDined on 10/17/2014The art decor is unique and sets the tone for the bodega. The food selection is exceptional and transcends the ordinary. All in all, SB creates an experience for the diners, with a nice romantic touch to boot !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food ever!RoxanneDined on 10/17/2014This restaurant has the great tapas food. Excellent Spanish cuisine-The food is great. The environment and music is good. Excellent for couples or groups. Completed wine list. I really enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had another great business dinner!lthorpeVIPDined on 10/15/2014Santiago's Bodega is one of our favorite restaurants to hold business dinners! It is so fun to order tons of food and try things as a group! Lends another dynamic to the work experience!Special Features:
- nice placeNateDined on 10/14/2014We had a hard time finding a bar that stayed open late on a tuesday. Santiago did the trick and we were able to order tapas throughout the night with no problems. We had Sangria, very reasonable at 28.00 and there was 3 of us drinking it, it kept us going for a long while as the pitcher was huge. We also tried a few shots, they were very tasty. The tapas itself, I wasn't crasy about them, except for the scallops and the shrimp with choruzo, these two were our favorites. Very nice place and atmosphere, highly recommend for a group of friends or just a night out with your someone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itEtTuD2Dined on 10/11/2014Our new "go to" place. Missed seeing our favorite waiter Joriath. Love the variety in both tapas, hot/cold, and in wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar stellar stellarFoodieStarlingDined on 10/10/2014I went on the advice of a friend and it was the best advice I've ever been given. The food was beyond incredible and the portion size with each of the Tapas was perfect for 2 people. The food really was some of the best I've had anywhere. The service was also 5 star. Our reservation was met promptly, our waiter was very knowledgeable about the food and the wine. I would go back in a heartbeat and plan to recommend it to everyone I know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Order one of everything!EattomuchDined on 10/5/2014Food was great, beautiful night to sit outside. Server was fantastic. Don't forget the Beef Carpaccio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better for casual diningtacoqueenDined on 9/28/2014If you *really* want to do brunch at Santiago's, your only hope is to get there the moment it opens. The best time to eat at Santiago's Bodega is a casual business lunch, or a sweet last minute date, or even a planned group meal. They're open late and everything on the menu is delicious, so there are plenty of reasons to go. Brunch, which I had been dying to try... not so much unless it's your type of scene to be in a smaller environment with an all you can eat and drink buffet. It's very popular (because the food is still delicious, and the price is great for all you can drink!), which for me makes brunch at this specific venue undesirable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A "must-go" for localsdigi11Dined on 9/27/2014Santiago's Bodega is a local must-go in this community. I have found that my service is always attentive and courteous. With that said, I have never gone to eat there with the intention of wanting to leave after an hour. I go there knowing that I will be there for over an hour (max 2 hours) and take company who is also not in a hurry to leave. In my opinion, their weekend brunch is phenomenal and I have never left unsatisfied. I love having somewhere in town where I know I can go have an all-you-can-eat brunch, with a wide array of delicious items and all-you-can-drink mimosas and sangrias. Love Santiago's Bodega.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentJudiVIPDined on 9/26/2014We always enjoy Bodega's. It may become our monthly meeting place!Special Features:
- ServicecounselingDined on 9/20/2014Service was lacking. Food and drink seemed to arrive when they wanted to deliver it. It all seemed very disorganized. I was finished with my dessert before my dates dessert had even arrived is just an example of what occured all evening. But I did enjoy the food very much.Special Features:
- Santiago's BodegafayeDined on 9/13/2014First time here, was not disappointed! The waitress was very attentive and sweet. The food was great, lots of choices and excellent combinations of plates. Loved the shrimp and chorizo skewers! Sangria was very nice too! Will be back.Special Features:
- Don't waist your money.KerseyDined on 9/12/2014Service was not good, they took too long with one our dish, the server was the worst ever, he rush us to get out. Food was bad, meatballs that they gave us on the house was dry, not tasty at all, my pork tenderloin was burn and over cooked, mushroom with bacon the bacon was burn too overall the food was very bad not what I expected at all. I even try my friends food and I was not impress by it, very sad.
- Great place!SleepingMoodyDined on 9/11/2014This place is great to have happy hour, go to dinner with friends, or a nice date. The servers are great and so are the drinks and food. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I had the opportunity for an evening out without our kids and thought this would be the perfect place for dinner. We weren't disappointed. Enough choices to satisfy both myself, a vegetarian, and my hubby, a meat eater. We enjoyed everything we tried! The unique beers were tasty, the wine fit the meal and the small plates made sharing a lot of fun. We can't wait to return and try a few more items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDavidVIPDined on 9/1/2014Food was really not good. Wine was served too warm. I expected much better after having been several times to the restaurant in Key West which I love. We left so disappointed.
- Terrible, worst dining experienceJJFoodiesVIPDined on 8/31/2014Empty restaurant, placed on small table between other diners, thought man up the reviews are terrific. Initial drinks quick, placed order & waited. All diners sat on top of each other, 2 more were squeezed in, so conversation is awkward! Short ribs arrived, looked good tasted very sweet and on a bed of hard red cabbage, not miso-slaw followed by Tuna Ceviche which not only looked awful but tasted awful. 1-2 inch chunks of tuna which had either been cooked / poached or sat in the marinade so long it had turned/cooked the tuna, vinegar flavor very off-putting, clearer didn't even ask why we hadn't finished it. After 50 mins asked for check, waiter apologized it wasn't his fault he was busy $60 2 tapas, 4 drinks, worst dining experience ever!
- What to eatEatoutmoreDined on 8/30/2014I would recommend that you try everything. I have never had a bad meal here. Favorite items include the blue cheese tenderloin and brussel sprouts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what you need!FoodieFanDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant is very artistic on many levels. The artwork that adorns the walls, the warm and inviting furnishings, and even the way the food is presented is a work of art! Love everything about this place. Great food, fantastic service, can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Superb food, great serviceOrlandoEaterDined on 8/29/2014We've dined at Santiago's several times. Each time the food has been amazing, the beef carpaccio is a particular favorite as are the brussel sprouts, but everything I've had there has been marvelous. We've gotten to know several of the wait staff and they remember us and are always welcoming and fun. The manager, Brett we know from his work at The Ravenous Pig and his expertise serves him and Santiago's well. We will be back again, and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.