802 Virginia Drive
Orlando, FL 32803Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.santiagosbodega.com/
- Phone: 4074126979
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch and Dinner: Daily: 11:00am - 1:00am;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Santiago's Bodega
Santiago's Bodega presents a unique tasting experience featuring small plates that hopscotch between decadent (a warm Camembert wedge topped with sauteed garlic, onions, almonds, apricots, chopped dates, bell peppers), refreshing (yellow fin tuna, avocado, mango ceviche), exotic (lamb patties with fresh thyme, sherry, lemon zest) and just plain comfort-food-delicious (Roman meatballs on angel hair, or fried potatoes in a spicy sauce). As nothing costs over $15, there’s no major commitment, and if the relationship doesn't work, move along to the next selection. The menu’s ideal for sharing and for mixing up in endless combinations. Alternate between chevre tartlet, spanakopita, or smoked salmon carpaccio. Invent your own meal. Dining in such a way permits the rules of wine pairings to step aside like snooty impostors, and what goes best with dinner is exactly what tempts you. Santiago’s Bodega is a good-natured, low-key, food-lovers hangout, a neighborhood restaurant. - Margit BisztrayContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Santiago's Bodega - Best Restaurants in Downtown Orlando ›
Santiago's Bodega reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (106)neighborhood gem (105)great for outdoor dining (82)good for groups (69)great for brunch (67)special occasion (65)vibrant bar scene (58)hot spot (54)romantic (47)late-night find (46)notable wine list (43)great for lunch (39)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- Buffet hours.!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014If you go for brunch just remember they stop serving the buffet at 2:30! Other wise this place is great..!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Great to. Find a locally owned local tapas restaurant menu great liquor bar and wine list!! Two thumbs up!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Server should have had more communication it was my first time there wanted to have recommendations or told about the restaurant a little more not that it tapas and I know what tapas is but they could of spoke about it more. I will be back probably only for brunch wish I had a better first impression!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a brunch!!! Fabulous!AudraKDined on 8/23/2014What a great surprise. The food was "foodie" appropriate, yet very comfortable. The vibe was nice, but casual. I was there with a party of 4. There were a few larger parties and I never felt like it was too crowded and we never had to wait. The buffet had Leg of Lamb, Prime Rib, Chicken.... but then there were crab legs and tuna tartare. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Snooty PricesCubaSteveDined on 8/22/2014This is your typical snooty tapas fare. 3 dollars for two dinner rolls. Complimentary in any restaurant that welcomes there guest as "guest". The food was bold with flavors and delivered fresh, but it's just not enough of a differentiator to make us come back. At one time, the 9 dollar plate of chicken skewers had me wondering if the second round/plate was yet to come out of the kitchen when seeing that my first plate had 6 nuggets worth of white meat. It's that kind of incompleteness that runs through our palette the entire evening.Special Features:
- Best tapas in Orlando!MEMEVIPDined on 8/22/2014You can't get better food, drinks, and ambience anywhere in Orlando! The seating is always great and there's a great variety of options to choose from. The list of wines offered by the glass is wonderful and the full wine list is outstanding. Unlike many restaurants that have a good wine selection, they also offer a full bar with more than competent bartenders. Their brunch is fabulous and family friendly and their happy hour is a great place to meet up with friends. I'm so glad that they came to Orlando and I wish them years of success!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most enjoyableJudiVIPDined on 8/22/2014I love this restaurant. Good wine list; great food; I enjoy the Tapas menu that enables you to try different dishesSpecial Features:
- Santiago BodegaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Great spot...food and service are very good although quite expensive for the portions that you receive.Special Features:
- Weeknight dinner meeting @ BodegaOrlandoDiningGirlDined on 8/20/2014We were a group of four having a dinner meeting. Our server was a super cool, no nonsense woman who was always there when we needed something-even just before. Lamb patties: good, but not much lamb flavor. Spanokopita: So full of spinach we felt smarter & healthier. They are always a party in your mouth, a consistent treat of the Bodega. Cheese plate: good, but not enough crackers, and apricots, craisins, nuts were a bit pedestrian. There were 3 cheeses: a smoked semi-hard, a cheddar that was just too orange, & a fabulous soft cheese that was strong and paired perfectly with the honey. I've had the cheese plate at Bodega now 4 times, and this time it was disappointing. Still the best place in the area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2014delicious food, very relaxing atmosphere, great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Tapas Spot In Orlando!VinceVIPDined on 8/18/2014Went to this place because the kitchen was open late. Fell in love with food, good proportions even though it's tapas and menu has a little bit of everything - could use some more chicken items though. Already went back again, definately one of our new favorite places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of Orlando!HeidibucketsDined on 8/17/2014But I already have. I've written reviews everywhere I can think of for Santiago's Bodega. It's that good. We tried the brunch this time and even that was incredible!!! They had so much to offer from home style biscuits and sausage gravy (the best I've ever had) to crab legs and leg of lamb to an omelette and pasta station to amazing melt in your mouth french toast and assorted artisan cheeses. And mimosas and sangria are included in the brunch. One of the best restaurants Orlando has!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!JeffDined on 8/15/2014I made a reservation on OpenTable 15 minutes before my 10:30 p.m. arrival, and I mistakenly reserved for two rather than six. Nevertheless, our group was well taken care of. I had visited Santiago's Bodega once before for lunch, and I have dined at the Key West location for dinner, but this was the first visit for the rest of my group. We are all very impressed with the food, the drinks and the service, especially considering the late hour. Our server made great recommendations, and every one of them was excellent. I am an even bigger fan that I was before. Don't miss the dates!Special Features:
- Best Neigborhood eatery and bar!fabulous1Dined on 8/15/2014This place is amazing! Each time I go there a get something different and everytime the food is delicios! If you have not tried this place you must check it out. It will be you new favorite restaurant I promise.Special Features:
- great staff!mysterychefDined on 8/14/2014The staff were very nice, The food was good, not great but good, large variety of foods on menu some worked really well such as the short ribs (delish!) the Tuna tartar i think it not so good. I may be overly critical since i am a chef but everything seemed like it could use a bit more flavor. Chicken and waffle nice presentation but bland, waffle reheated so it was dry but the chicken was don very nicely. Been for brunch it is fantastic!Special Features:
- sailorDined on 8/14/2014I had dined at your restaurant previously both for lunch and for Happy Hour. We were seated in the very back, which was a little isolated. The waitress might have been in training, but did not seem to know her job very well. The gazpacho, which I had been looking forward to repeating, was not cold - not even cool. It should have been sent back. I asked the waitress if she could put a candle on one piece of the dessert cake, as was a birthday celebration. She said "yes" and then promptly forgot all about it. (They were not busy at this time). One other salad was not delivered to the table until after the other five people had finished their lunch.Special Features:
- Closed for renovations!!WinetimeyetDined on 8/11/2014We made our reservations ahead of time only to arrive to a closed restaurant. Unsure of why our reservations were accepted if this were the situation. Will try again...Special Features:
- Great nightCP32604Dined on 8/4/2014Two of us out for dinner. Had a wonderful night, good food and a nice wine, Dan our server was excellent. Plates came out in perfect order, with the Spinach salad to start. Will definitely head back again. Plates could be a bit larger. Loved the Shrimp/Chorizo but there wasn't much there.Special Features:
- Amazing TapasKymberleeDined on 8/3/2014Get the dates filled with goat cheese ! You can't go wrong. By far the best thing I've ever eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bodgea & SeniorsOrlandoDiningGirlDined on 8/3/2014My husband & I LOVE this restaurant! The food is full of flavor, artfully crafted, & served by happy, engaged people! We decided to take my parents, 84 & 86 years old. It's a very lively scene, and nearly always very busy so it certainly is not quiet. They are both basically deaf. We were there at 6:00 Sunday evening, and true to form the Bodega was busy. I ordered a few favorites and some specialty drinks, and life was perfect once they tasted the food & drinks. Our server, Tommy, was truly delightful although he left us with empty water glasses. Once we pointed it out, however, he was quick to respond & so polite. If you haven't been to the Bodega, go now. It is a delicious blend of different foods, some familiar & some exotic. PerfectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeMC143VIPDined on 8/3/2014We love Santiago's...perhaps it's because it's where we went on our first date, but this place is amazing and has always been special for us. The Sunday brunch is such a great deal, with the crab legs, prime rib, lamb, tuna tartare, and great dessert selection...not to mention, their sangria, which was made perfectly!Special Features:
- Fantastic healthy foodVeraFindsGoodFoodDined on 8/2/2014Fun to share many different dishes! I love the avacodo pear salad, hummus trio, bruschetta & stiegl grapefruit beer! I've returned several times & will keep going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VarietylittlefajitaDined on 8/2/2014This is a new tapas style restaurant in Orlando. My experience was great. The staff are friendly and attentive and the food was very good. Between 3 friends, we sampled about 7 dishes: bruschetta, ox tail, shrimp and chorizo, chicken skewers, meatballs, brussel sprouts and quesadillas and of course has some red Sangria. All items were tasty and I plan on returning.Special Features:
- More than expected from tapashatboxDined on 8/2/2014We ordered 4 tapas dishes for 2 people, thinking we'd finish those and get more, but they were larger than we expected and we ended up taking some home. We had the roasted Brussels Sprouts, salmon, hummus, and green beans. Every dish was great, but we thought the Brussels Sprouts was a standout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nowhere near the key west locationTj15Dined on 7/25/2014I've eaten at the Key west location several times and have always had an excellent time. I arrived to this location and was in shock. This place was so loud that I felt like I was at a Buffalo Wild Wings during happy hour. It seems this location suffers from an identity crisis. Is it a bar? Is it a romantic night out? What is it??? The parking situation is terrible, the attendant asked for a tip as soon as he took my keys, started off bad. Had a 9pm reservation, table wasn't ready. Ordered a bottle of wine, of course they didn't have it in stock. Needless to say at this point I didn't even bother ordering food and just left. I'll continue dining at the key west location since it had a little class, but will never return to this one.Special Features:
- A treat in a bustling areaknightwriter2007Dined on 7/25/2014My husband & I chose Santiago's for a work-week lunch (something different). Not especially crowded, but the noise level made it seem otherwise (mostly from the mix of music playing). Tapas choices were impressive (lunch menu & 2nd fuller menu). We ordered lunch-special "boards" (French & Spanish, 3 items each) to share & enjoyed both. Excellent patatas bravas from the Spanish board; the portobello puff pastry from the French board was perfect - buttery & savory in just the right mix. Portions were light enough for lunch & satisfying. Mediocre service - waitress was attentive at first but barely returned until it was check time. Bad parking esp for 2 separate cars; tiny lot w/no easy access. We'll return (w/one car!!) to try new foodsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food & Service; Too LoudSusanDined on 7/22/2014I really enjoyed the food - love the tuna ceviche, and the service was great. But, one of the waiters fancies himself as an opera singer, and sings happy birthday (or other songs) at the top of his lungs. I was dining with a client, and our dinner was ruined by this guy singing. The first celebration was at the table next to ours - I had to put my fingers in my ears the noise hurt my ear drums so bad. He repeated the celebration songs 2 more times at other tables - luckily not on top of us, but even across the restaurant he was painfully loud. So, we won't be going back. There are plenty of good places to eat in Orlando without being subjected to a crazy singing guy.Special Features:
- It's a great startOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/22/2014We'd heard a lot of buzz about this place, and for good reason. The tapas are pretty fantastic. But! The hostesses and the trendy bar could improve a tad. The door was way too chaotic when we arrived at 6:30. The bar was out of several beers, and the PRICEY signature cocktail I ordered could barely be called alcoholic. When I asked for a floater because I couldn't detect any gin at all in my drink, I was charged for another full 2 oz. pour. Disappointing. But we rolled with it. Our waiter got so busy he disappeared a lot, and we had to flag him down a lot. Our varying dishes ordered over two hours of casual dining took an inordinate amount of time to land on our table, no explanation. But, again, the food is fantastic. We'll try again.Special Features:
- Limited parking crammed diningCBC7Dined on 7/21/2014Food is mediocre, parking is crazy, moisy crammed dining room.Special Features:
- Delicious Tapas!MushJBDined on 7/19/2014We arrived early for our reservation but was seated promptly. We were originally seated along a long wall with tables very close to each other. We asked to be moved near the front window without a problem. The table was smaller but it provided more intimacy. We have dined at the location in Key West. This was our first time to the Orlando location. Although not as quaint as the Key West location, we were happy to have a local location we could treat ourselves to. Joseph, our server, was attentive and helpful with questions about the menu. We tried the ceviche, pork tenderloin, and our favorite, the wrapped dates! All were very good. They also have a nice wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchTinaVIPDined on 7/19/2014I've been here for brunch before and the food was good, but the bacon was on the burnt side and not quite as good as last time...not sure that I would go again for $35/person. Mostly a good place, just wouldn't go thru all the effort to go for that again...was just so so.Special Features:
- Absolutley HOOKEDNikiVIPDined on 7/18/2014Can't say enough great things about this place. The service is outstanding, the food is incredible and the atmosphere is vibrant. Brunch is out of this world, but I cannot get enough of the tapas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tapas!JasonHDined on 7/16/2014My wife and I stopped by during the week for some tapas and cocktails. Overall, we had a great experience and will certainly be back. We tried several tapas dishes including the beef carpaccio, stuffed dates with prosciutto, garlic shrimp with chorizo, spanakopita, and the cronuts. Everything was fantastic, including the service, which was attentive but not hovering. We will certainly be back.Special Features:
- Great Place for Brunch or LunchgourmigirlsDined on 7/14/2014The combination tapas plate that we ordered were quite tasty. The foods were flavored uniquely and the presentation was enticing. The waiter suggested we split a salad and have a "themed" tapas plate. It was more than enough. We very much enjoyed our outing.Special Features:
- Mark CroftonMarkBSNDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I read about this in a local weekly paper (Orlando Weekly). We got a reservation for two quite easily for 9pm. When we arrived early we found a seat at the bar and decided to dine there. The food was great and the service was better. I haven't stopped talking about this place. I have no affiliation with this establishment. This is the first time I even cared enough to write a review. It's worth checking out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindsayVIPDined on 7/11/2014To clarify this is not the first time I've had tapas, so I clearly understand the idea behind it & portion sizes... Everything we had was delicious and loved the ambiance. but the prices were high for what you get. Two small skewers each with 2 small shrimp & 2 small pieces of sausage for $10. The flavoring was fantastic, but the price a bit steep for a skewer that could be eaten in a few bites. Short ribs were amazing, but again 2 pieces for $10. Overall we had 5 sangrias (2 on the happy hour that the server never told us about, my brother happened to text me about it) 5 food items (1 on happy hour) & with tip it was close to $130. We are accustomed to going out to nice meals & spending that amount but the value just wasn't there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TappasGastronomicMDDined on 7/9/2014Excellent tappas restaurant which was needed in Orlando. Great selection of a variety of foods!Special Features:
- Fantastic FindJuniorDined on 7/6/2014The staff and food are incredible!! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to all my friends and family members!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies GatheringTastynToastyDined on 7/5/2014Six of us met up at Santiago's Bodega on a Saturday evening and it was a really nice and relaxing dining experience. I had made a reservation and when we all arrived our table was ready for us. We shared many great small plates and the white sangria is refreshing and not too sweet. Great atmosphere!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Santiago's BodegaFulvuspallensDined on 7/4/2014We enjoyed the atmosphere and food at Santiago's. We decided to sit in the bar section and was taken to a comfortable and enormous booth with a view of this area of the resturant. The wait staff were affable and provided efficient service. We are definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.