802 Virginia Drive
Orlando, FL 32803Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.santiagosbodega.com/
- Phone: 4074126979
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch and Dinner: Daily: 11:00am - 1:00am;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Santiago's Bodega
Santiago's Bodega presents a unique tasting experience featuring small plates that hopscotch between decadent (a warm Camembert wedge topped with sauteed garlic, onions, almonds, apricots, chopped dates, bell peppers), refreshing (yellow fin tuna, avocado, mango ceviche), exotic (lamb patties with fresh thyme, sherry, lemon zest) and just plain comfort-food-delicious (Roman meatballs on angel hair, or fried potatoes in a spicy sauce). As nothing costs over $15, there’s no major commitment, and if the relationship doesn't work, move along to the next selection. The menu’s ideal for sharing and for mixing up in endless combinations. Alternate between chevre tartlet, spanakopita, or smoked salmon carpaccio. Invent your own meal. Dining in such a way permits the rules of wine pairings to step aside like snooty impostors, and what goes best with dinner is exactly what tempts you. Santiago’s Bodega is a good-natured, low-key, food-lovers hangout, a neighborhood restaurant. - Margit BisztrayContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Santiago's Bodega - Best Restaurants in Downtown Orlando ›
Santiago's Bodega reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (103)fit for foodies (101)great for outdoor dining (75)good for groups (69)great for brunch (62)special occasion (59)vibrant bar scene (53)hot spot (52)late-night find (42)romantic (41)notable wine list (37)great for lunch (33)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- ServicecounselingDined on 9/20/2014Service was lacking. Food and drink seemed to arrive when they wanted to deliver it. It all seemed very disorganized. I was finished with my dessert before my dates dessert had even arrived is just an example of what occured all evening. But I did enjoy the food very much.Special Features:
- Santiago's BodegafayeDined on 9/13/2014First time here, was not disappointed! The waitress was very attentive and sweet. The food was great, lots of choices and excellent combinations of plates. Loved the shrimp and chorizo skewers! Sangria was very nice too! Will be back.Special Features:
- Don't waist your money.KerseyDined on 9/12/2014Service was not good, they took too long with one our dish, the server was the worst ever, he rush us to get out. Food was bad, meatballs that they gave us on the house was dry, not tasty at all, my pork tenderloin was burn and over cooked, mushroom with bacon the bacon was burn too overall the food was very bad not what I expected at all. I even try my friends food and I was not impress by it, very sad.
- Great place!SleepingMoodyDined on 9/11/2014This place is great to have happy hour, go to dinner with friends, or a nice date. The servers are great and so are the drinks and food. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I had the opportunity for an evening out without our kids and thought this would be the perfect place for dinner. We weren't disappointed. Enough choices to satisfy both myself, a vegetarian, and my hubby, a meat eater. We enjoyed everything we tried! The unique beers were tasty, the wine fit the meal and the small plates made sharing a lot of fun. We can't wait to return and try a few more items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDavidVIPDined on 9/1/2014Food was really not good. Wine was served too warm. I expected much better after having been several times to the restaurant in Key West which I love. We left so disappointed.
- Terrible, worst dining experienceJJFoodiesVIPDined on 8/31/2014Empty restaurant, placed on small table between other diners, thought man up the reviews are terrific. Initial drinks quick, placed order & waited. All diners sat on top of each other, 2 more were squeezed in, so conversation is awkward! Short ribs arrived, looked good tasted very sweet and on a bed of hard red cabbage, not miso-slaw followed by Tuna Ceviche which not only looked awful but tasted awful. 1-2 inch chunks of tuna which had either been cooked / poached or sat in the marinade so long it had turned/cooked the tuna, vinegar flavor very off-putting, clearer didn't even ask why we hadn't finished it. After 50 mins asked for check, waiter apologized it wasn't his fault he was busy $60 2 tapas, 4 drinks, worst dining experience ever!
- What to eatEatoutmoreDined on 8/30/2014I would recommend that you try everything. I have never had a bad meal here. Favorite items include the blue cheese tenderloin and brussel sprouts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what you need!FoodieFanDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant is very artistic on many levels. The artwork that adorns the walls, the warm and inviting furnishings, and even the way the food is presented is a work of art! Love everything about this place. Great food, fantastic service, can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Superb food, great serviceOrlandoEaterDined on 8/29/2014We've dined at Santiago's several times. Each time the food has been amazing, the beef carpaccio is a particular favorite as are the brussel sprouts, but everything I've had there has been marvelous. We've gotten to know several of the wait staff and they remember us and are always welcoming and fun. The manager, Brett we know from his work at The Ravenous Pig and his expertise serves him and Santiago's well. We will be back again, and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you're a foodie, this is great!FoodieFamilyDined on 8/28/2014Great and efficient service. Atmosphere wasn't too loud or too quiet and looked very cool inside and outside. It's tapas , some plates blew my mind with flavor and some were just enjoyable. My dining experience all together was awesome. My family always likes to try new places because we are foodies and can't wait to come back here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jenna DunneOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014Been there a bunch of times, food and service great as always. My favorite dish has changed the last two times though, brussel sprouts, too much vinegar very few pine nuts. Other than that love love love the gazpacho and the mozzarella dish.Special Features:
- Great for light bitesLeeGDined on 8/26/2014Don't go there for a typical "meal" but enjoy the various light bites - meant to be shared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buffet hours.!BadawigirlDined on 8/24/2014If you go for brunch just remember they stop serving the buffet at 2:30! Other wise this place is great..!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!StratmanedhDined on 8/23/2014Great to. Find a locally owned local tapas restaurant menu great liquor bar and wine list!! Two thumbs up!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Server should have had more communication it was my first time there wanted to have recommendations or told about the restaurant a little more not that it tapas and I know what tapas is but they could of spoke about it more. I will be back probably only for brunch wish I had a better first impression!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a brunch!!! Fabulous!AudraKDined on 8/23/2014What a great surprise. The food was "foodie" appropriate, yet very comfortable. The vibe was nice, but casual. I was there with a party of 4. There were a few larger parties and I never felt like it was too crowded and we never had to wait. The buffet had Leg of Lamb, Prime Rib, Chicken.... but then there were crab legs and tuna tartare. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Snooty PricesCubaSteveDined on 8/22/2014This is your typical snooty tapas fare. 3 dollars for two dinner rolls. Complimentary in any restaurant that welcomes there guest as "guest". The food was bold with flavors and delivered fresh, but it's just not enough of a differentiator to make us come back. At one time, the 9 dollar plate of chicken skewers had me wondering if the second round/plate was yet to come out of the kitchen when seeing that my first plate had 6 nuggets worth of white meat. It's that kind of incompleteness that runs through our palette the entire evening.Special Features:
- Best tapas in Orlando!MEMEVIPDined on 8/22/2014You can't get better food, drinks, and ambience anywhere in Orlando! The seating is always great and there's a great variety of options to choose from. The list of wines offered by the glass is wonderful and the full wine list is outstanding. Unlike many restaurants that have a good wine selection, they also offer a full bar with more than competent bartenders. Their brunch is fabulous and family friendly and their happy hour is a great place to meet up with friends. I'm so glad that they came to Orlando and I wish them years of success!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most enjoyableJudiVIPDined on 8/22/2014I love this restaurant. Good wine list; great food; I enjoy the Tapas menu that enables you to try different dishesSpecial Features:
- Santiago BodegaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Great spot...food and service are very good although quite expensive for the portions that you receive.Special Features:
- Weeknight dinner meeting @ BodegaOrlandoDiningGirlDined on 8/20/2014We were a group of four having a dinner meeting. Our server was a super cool, no nonsense woman who was always there when we needed something-even just before. Lamb patties: good, but not much lamb flavor. Spanokopita: So full of spinach we felt smarter & healthier. They are always a party in your mouth, a consistent treat of the Bodega. Cheese plate: good, but not enough crackers, and apricots, craisins, nuts were a bit pedestrian. There were 3 cheeses: a smoked semi-hard, a cheddar that was just too orange, & a fabulous soft cheese that was strong and paired perfectly with the honey. I've had the cheese plate at Bodega now 4 times, and this time it was disappointing. Still the best place in the area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2014delicious food, very relaxing atmosphere, great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Tapas Spot In Orlando!VinceVIPDined on 8/18/2014Went to this place because the kitchen was open late. Fell in love with food, good proportions even though it's tapas and menu has a little bit of everything - could use some more chicken items though. Already went back again, definately one of our new favorite places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of Orlando!HeidibucketsDined on 8/17/2014But I already have. I've written reviews everywhere I can think of for Santiago's Bodega. It's that good. We tried the brunch this time and even that was incredible!!! They had so much to offer from home style biscuits and sausage gravy (the best I've ever had) to crab legs and leg of lamb to an omelette and pasta station to amazing melt in your mouth french toast and assorted artisan cheeses. And mimosas and sangria are included in the brunch. One of the best restaurants Orlando has!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time Brunch experience..Abd9981Dined on 8/17/2014I have to say that the service in here can sometimes be very hit or miss. Our server this time was, ok. She walked away before getting every person's drink order, she spilled my friend's bloody mary on the table, flicked her hand to get it off, and then never wiped up the table or apologized! The food is awesome! I had low expectations of brunch here but I was pleasantly surprised. Waffles, French toast, maple glazed bacon (yum!), crab legs that were wonderful, hot charcuterie meat, etc. etc. It was wonderful and with the brunch comes bottomless mimosas! Loved it and it was fun for a group.Special Features:
- Excellent!JeffDined on 8/15/2014I made a reservation on OpenTable 15 minutes before my 10:30 p.m. arrival, and I mistakenly reserved for two rather than six. Nevertheless, our group was well taken care of. I had visited Santiago's Bodega once before for lunch, and I have dined at the Key West location for dinner, but this was the first visit for the rest of my group. We are all very impressed with the food, the drinks and the service, especially considering the late hour. Our server made great recommendations, and every one of them was excellent. I am an even bigger fan that I was before. Don't miss the dates!Special Features:
- Best Neigborhood eatery and bar!fabulous1Dined on 8/15/2014This place is amazing! Each time I go there a get something different and everytime the food is delicios! If you have not tried this place you must check it out. It will be you new favorite restaurant I promise.Special Features:
- great staff!mysterychefDined on 8/14/2014The staff were very nice, The food was good, not great but good, large variety of foods on menu some worked really well such as the short ribs (delish!) the Tuna tartar i think it not so good. I may be overly critical since i am a chef but everything seemed like it could use a bit more flavor. Chicken and waffle nice presentation but bland, waffle reheated so it was dry but the chicken was don very nicely. Been for brunch it is fantastic!Special Features:
- sailorDined on 8/14/2014I had dined at your restaurant previously both for lunch and for Happy Hour. We were seated in the very back, which was a little isolated. The waitress might have been in training, but did not seem to know her job very well. The gazpacho, which I had been looking forward to repeating, was not cold - not even cool. It should have been sent back. I asked the waitress if she could put a candle on one piece of the dessert cake, as was a birthday celebration. She said "yes" and then promptly forgot all about it. (They were not busy at this time). One other salad was not delivered to the table until after the other five people had finished their lunch.Special Features:
- Closed for renovations!!WinetimeyetDined on 8/11/2014We made our reservations ahead of time only to arrive to a closed restaurant. Unsure of why our reservations were accepted if this were the situation. Will try again...Special Features:
- Great nightCP32604Dined on 8/4/2014Two of us out for dinner. Had a wonderful night, good food and a nice wine, Dan our server was excellent. Plates came out in perfect order, with the Spinach salad to start. Will definitely head back again. Plates could be a bit larger. Loved the Shrimp/Chorizo but there wasn't much there.Special Features:
- Amazing TapasKymberleeDined on 8/3/2014Get the dates filled with goat cheese ! You can't go wrong. By far the best thing I've ever eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bodgea & SeniorsOrlandoDiningGirlDined on 8/3/2014My husband & I LOVE this restaurant! The food is full of flavor, artfully crafted, & served by happy, engaged people! We decided to take my parents, 84 & 86 years old. It's a very lively scene, and nearly always very busy so it certainly is not quiet. They are both basically deaf. We were there at 6:00 Sunday evening, and true to form the Bodega was busy. I ordered a few favorites and some specialty drinks, and life was perfect once they tasted the food & drinks. Our server, Tommy, was truly delightful although he left us with empty water glasses. Once we pointed it out, however, he was quick to respond & so polite. If you haven't been to the Bodega, go now. It is a delicious blend of different foods, some familiar & some exotic. PerfectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeMC143VIPDined on 8/3/2014We love Santiago's...perhaps it's because it's where we went on our first date, but this place is amazing and has always been special for us. The Sunday brunch is such a great deal, with the crab legs, prime rib, lamb, tuna tartare, and great dessert selection...not to mention, their sangria, which was made perfectly!Special Features:
- Fantastic healthy foodVeraFindsGoodFoodDined on 8/2/2014Fun to share many different dishes! I love the avacodo pear salad, hummus trio, bruschetta & stiegl grapefruit beer! I've returned several times & will keep going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VarietylittlefajitaDined on 8/2/2014This is a new tapas style restaurant in Orlando. My experience was great. The staff are friendly and attentive and the food was very good. Between 3 friends, we sampled about 7 dishes: bruschetta, ox tail, shrimp and chorizo, chicken skewers, meatballs, brussel sprouts and quesadillas and of course has some red Sangria. All items were tasty and I plan on returning.Special Features:
- More than expected from tapashatboxDined on 8/2/2014We ordered 4 tapas dishes for 2 people, thinking we'd finish those and get more, but they were larger than we expected and we ended up taking some home. We had the roasted Brussels Sprouts, salmon, hummus, and green beans. Every dish was great, but we thought the Brussels Sprouts was a standout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nowhere near the key west locationTj15Dined on 7/25/2014I've eaten at the Key west location several times and have always had an excellent time. I arrived to this location and was in shock. This place was so loud that I felt like I was at a Buffalo Wild Wings during happy hour. It seems this location suffers from an identity crisis. Is it a bar? Is it a romantic night out? What is it??? The parking situation is terrible, the attendant asked for a tip as soon as he took my keys, started off bad. Had a 9pm reservation, table wasn't ready. Ordered a bottle of wine, of course they didn't have it in stock. Needless to say at this point I didn't even bother ordering food and just left. I'll continue dining at the key west location since it had a little class, but will never return to this one.Special Features:
- A treat in a bustling areaknightwriter2007Dined on 7/25/2014My husband & I chose Santiago's for a work-week lunch (something different). Not especially crowded, but the noise level made it seem otherwise (mostly from the mix of music playing). Tapas choices were impressive (lunch menu & 2nd fuller menu). We ordered lunch-special "boards" (French & Spanish, 3 items each) to share & enjoyed both. Excellent patatas bravas from the Spanish board; the portobello puff pastry from the French board was perfect - buttery & savory in just the right mix. Portions were light enough for lunch & satisfying. Mediocre service - waitress was attentive at first but barely returned until it was check time. Bad parking esp for 2 separate cars; tiny lot w/no easy access. We'll return (w/one car!!) to try new foodsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.