SanTan Brewing Co.
8 S. San Marcos Place
Chandler, AZ 85225Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
SanTan Brewing Co.
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.santanbrewing.com/
- Phone: (480) 917-8700
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast at the Brewery: Saturdays + Sundays 8-11am
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Dennis Martinez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: SanTan offers both full service food and beer catering. Please contact Derek at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entertainment: SanTan offers live acoustic entertainment every Friday + Saturday at 10 pm and Sundays beginning at 6 pm (not during the NFL Season).
A word from SanTan Brewing Co.
In 2007, SanTan Brewing Company was born in Historic Downtown Chandler, Arizona in the old Valley National Bank Building. Brewmaster and owner Anthony Canecchia had a mission…and SanTan Brewing was created and dedicated to the culture of Craft Beer paired with Craft Food to be enjoyed with the art of Conversation. Our belief is that Great Craft Beer and Great Craft Food can be the inspiration for the conversations that can change the world!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
SanTan Brewing Co. - Best Restaurants in Chandler ›
SanTan Brewing Co. reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (12)neighborhood gem (10)vibrant bar scene (10)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (6)great for lunch (3)fit for foodies (2)special occasion (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- MoonDined on 11/19/2014We went to see Roger Clyne specifically this time but we go to the San Tan every three or four weeks for an amazing burger and some yummy beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good beerMmd123Dined on 11/13/2014Beer list was interesting and all seemed uniquely different than each other. Chose to sit outside, but ended up a bit too close to the speaker inside that was playing music for the people outside; it was a bit loud. However the relaxed atmosphere and unique beer samplers were not to disappoint. Also we went during happy hour so $6 appetizers was a nice addition.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014We met for my friend's going away party it was a nice place to gather.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014excellent food and beer! definitely a 'go to' place for quality.Special Features:
- Great Food and BeerJMMIIIDined on 9/8/2014I expected great beer having already tried a number of SanTan beers at home. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food. I had a delicious stuffed burger. Our entire group enjoyed the burgers, pizza and appetizers.
- Nice breweryLadyinredDined on 9/7/2014We have been to SanTan Brewery many times. Great selection of craft beers, which my husband really really enjoys :) The food is always good. This is the place we take out of state guests that enjoy breweries ! This time my son in law had the mac and cheese hamburger (his favorite food mac & cheese). He said it was delicious. We had a great waitress and service. The appetizer pretzels are always a hit. Love the idea of a brewery being in the historic town of Chandler. On the only negative side is the parking which is something they can't do anything about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual AtmosphereGMAQueenDined on 8/27/2014I needed a place to take a couple of out-of-town co-workers to dinner and I wanted to have something that was not a chain or too upscale. SanTan Brewery fit the bill. The service was great, the food was great, the beer was great. We all liked the free samples of the various brews so we could make sure we got what we would like. It is someplace I would definitely take out-of-town guests again.Special Features:
- Good for groupYamYamDined on 8/21/2014It has a variety of the food and kind clerks. The service is good even the restaurant is very crawdad.Special Features:
- Good bar foodklcmasDined on 8/21/2014Service was good. Lots of TVs. Hummus was good. Beer was great:.Special Features:
- Best Local Brewery in the State!!AZCards14Dined on 8/13/2014We took a few clients to San Tan for lunch and they had an absolutely fantastic time; Jaime, Chip and their wait staff went out of their way to make our guests feel right at home and embrace what Chandler has to offer in terms of local flavor. Additionally, Anthony at San Tan brews the best Craft beers in Arizona and the food paring experience was a great addition to our experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Craft beer FTWMoonDined on 8/5/2014Best burgers in the Valley and yummy yummy beer. What's not to love?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 153 reviews are from the SanTan Brewing Co. reviews archive.
- Smoker friendly...foodie81Dined on 7/2/2014I've been a few times before. But the last two times my date and I had very slow service. Both servers were inattentive. My beer was empty and I wasn't offered a new drink until we were finished. Had no h20 for ever. I asked for condiments with my fish n chips an it took about 10-15 minutes. I manage a restaurant that is a multi-billion dollar company, and have been in the business for 16 years so I let a lot of poor service go under the radar, but this I feel is necessary to bring to your attention. The topper was that multiple people came and sat at the empty table next to us to smoke. The servers came and offered them drinks rather than saying to smoke 500 ft away. It was disgusting.
- 1sttimerswithfriendsDined on 6/17/2014We had an app and drinks. The noise level was such that we moved out to the patio so we could hear each other talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Excellent food and great beer! Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- FunCaseyDined on 6/15/2014Went there for Father's Day with another couple. The place filled early so thanks for the reservations. We were seated right on time. We had a good lunch, the menu ranges from bison meatloaf to black bean burger so all found something good. Everyone enjoyed the meal. A little damp under the misters but cool and comfortable and no one had hair that cared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Mother's DayRetiredFoodiesDined on 5/11/2014Our party had 7 people booked for Mother's Day Brunch. We arrived on time and were promptly seated even though the place was busy. Our waiter was attentive and personable. He brought drinks and gave us plenty of time to look over the menu. Our food was delivered in a timely manner. Overall it was a great experience for our first visit. We live in the far West Valley and our travel time was 40 minutes just to get to San Tan Brewing. But well worth the drive and we will definitely be returning. The noise level was loud but the house was packed with large parties celebrating Mother's Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's day brunchMothersDaySTBDined on 5/11/2014Exceeded expectations based on the question quality of the food and service. Always as great venue for drinks and a casual meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy - large groupHappyDined on 4/28/2014Easy reservation, good food and great beer. Had a large group for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food on the tripSSAASDined on 4/20/2014We visited for dinner on a trip to Phoenix area. Downtown Chandler has a nice small town feel, and San Tan is certainly the place to go. The food was amazing - and the portions are plenty. From the fish tacos to the house-made pretzels with beer-cheese, all the family had a great meal. Highly recommend. Beer was good, live music was loud and so-so (but it was Sunday night in Chandler!) Would definitely go back when in the area.Special Features:
- rsviewnopeDined on 4/20/2014The food and service was good. We frequent them when in chandler but I believe I was over charged and sent an email to Jamie and have never I sent an email to Jamie and never heard anything about my concerns. I guess its good Philadelphia is opening soon.Special Features:
- OustandingLucyluDined on 4/10/2014First time to the SanTan Brewing Company and our party was very pleased. The food was delicious, the appetizers were awesome, and the beer was great. The atmosphere was comfortable, energetic, inviting, buzzing, and the staff were very attentive. We definitely will be returning!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although the food was great,NiborDined on 3/30/2014Although the food was great, the noise level was so high that conversation was impossible. Our 88 year old dinner guest was not impressed! After a comment to our server, he told us "It's a bar - that is what you get!"Special Features:
- Great food, good beer, good serviceUsdjimDined on 3/23/2014The title says it all. It is in charming downtown chandler,AZ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food and BeertHLBJRDined on 3/20/2014I tried the flight of beer and was impressed with each of them. I had a hard time choosing what to eat. Lots of menu items sounded very good. I chose their version of pulled pork and it was delicious. I would definitely like to come back and try other items. Our waitress helped us chose items and she was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to take out of towers!SandyMDined on 3/14/2014Downtown Chandler is a great place to take visitors and SanTan Brewing Co. is a great place to eat because I know the food will be very good. It's quite noisy so sometimes visiting is difficult but still is a fun place to be!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BeerLadyinredDined on 3/9/2014We frequently go to San Tan Brewery. The food is good, and so is the beer. The servers are always attentive. It is located in "old town" Chandler. The only complaint is the parking situation, which they cannot help because of their location. This time we took friends from out of town. I did make reservations for six, and asked for a low table since we had someone with us that cannot sit on the high stools. When we got there, the hostess said, " I have your table ready" come right this way. Perfect !! It was 6 PM, and the place was hopping.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scottsdale JGMJSMAZVIPDined on 3/9/2014San Tan is the VERY best brewery/restaurant complex in all of Arizona. EVERYTHING is first class: beer, service, food, ambiance! A MUST if you haven't been there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- need new categoryRichardDined on 3/6/2014There needs to be a new set of categories for beer lovers. I personally judge a restaurant by its beer selection and not so much the wine.. It is not about the volume of beers, but the quality of the beers it has on tap. Of course, this being a brewery, one of the best in the region and that part was fabulous. The food selection was a bit on the heavy side and I know many would like to see lighter (healthier) food on the menu. Unless you have a group of 3 or more, expect to sit a small pub table. Very busy at happy hour and space is limited. Family friendly but ummm, unless you absolutely have too, leave them with the sitter. It is a brewery don't forget and a very popular one at that. Not much room for them to run around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timeokcdinerDined on 3/5/2014We dined outside for lunch. Food was delicious and very reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday ChoiceSam021847Dined on 2/18/2014Party of 6 went to celebrate a birthday and had a great time. The Brew, food, and service was top notch. The noise level was a little high but didn't seem to prevent anyone from holding a conversation. The place was packed inside and out so we were glad we made our advance reservation. Definitely rates a return visit.Special Features:
- WOW factor!JSMAZVIPDined on 2/14/2014If you are looking for incredible craft beer, excellent food, service, and ambiance, SanTan Brewing hits it out of the park! Always a great time; one cannot go wrong here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome nightWam1824Dined on 1/19/2014I celebrated my birthday with friends here and turned out to be an awesome night. We were given a nice spot in the corner like what I requested. My friends enjoyed the appetizers and their stay also because of the game. Gretchen was very nice, attentive and friendly. Overall, very good!Special Features:
- Making a reservation aheadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2014Making a reservation ahead of time online for 12 people was the way to go. Our table was ready and the server was ready to take our orders.Special Features:
- Good foodGreenracerDined on 1/2/2014Food was very good, tables were kinda small but manageable. Overall good place to eat. Service was excellent . Server had perfect timing for refills and the checkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appetizers= soft pretzel werenetsky4202Dined on 1/1/2014Appetizers= soft pretzel were chewy, hot and tasty burgers were delicious! Server was helpful and attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, music, and beereeturDined on 1/1/2014We sat outside on the porch which was perfect. The music (not live) is a great mix of the Dead and other jam bands plus a sprinkling of classic rock. If you dine inside you miss this because it is always very noisy. The menu offers a good variety of foods for all tastes and eating requirements (vegetarian, gf, etc). The beer and wine selection is broad and the bar makes quite a few original cocktails incorporating their beers. This time I had the Beermosa, which was tasty. Everyone in our party really liked their meals, nobody had the slightest complaint. The indoor atmosphere is fun if you're looking for a lively bar hangout. If you're going for tasty casual dining with conversation, then sit outside and enjoy the gorgeous AZ weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud for the "Retired TeenagersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013Went for New Year's, but by 10:15 p.m. we couldn't take the loud music. (Arrived at 8 p.m.) Not able to talk with others at the table. Crowd at restaurant was mixed, from young to the "young at heart". Our waitress was great! Food was good. Chose this restaurant for it's Gluten-Free Menu. Beware, the floor is very slippery. My daughter almost fell as it's like walking on ice!
- Great Local Beerlds65Dined on 12/25/2013San Tan Brewery is my favorite local beer-I enjoy all of them. The food was fair and would never eat there again.Special Features:
- fun, casualpeterwc333Dined on 12/25/2013If you mind a louder ambience (think lively!), and just a bit chilly (on a December evening), as the doors are open so that the fresh air comes in continuously, this place is a good bet! The fare is burgers, sandwiches, salads, and they do a very fine job for this type of vittles. The service was especially friendly, truly first rate. So this place is on my return list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat a snack before you go!Rodsluv2eatDined on 12/25/2013We went with a group of 8. We had reservations but were not seated until 20 min after. The food arrived an hour after we ordered. Took another hour after we were done eating to get check then it was wrong. Total time spent: 3 hoursSpecial Features: