Santa Fe Cafe
807 Willliam Hilton Pkwy Ste 700
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
Santa Fe Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://santafecafehiltonhead.com/
- Phone: 8437853838
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Austin Harris
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer our upstairs dinning area for large party private dining which holds thirty to forty people, which is great for rehearsal dinners and other events.
- Private Party Contact: Marshall Sampson 8437853838
- Entertainment: For a truly enchanted evening, dine under the stars in our open-air, climate controlled Rooftop Cantina complete with an oak fire in our Adobe Chiminea and unwind to live music from our Ranchero Guitarista Wednesday through Saturday nights.
A word from Santa Fe Cafe
We bring the very best of Southwestern culture and cuisine home to the Lowcountry. Our menu has been an Islanders" preferred dining spot for over 20 years and with dishes like our famous grouper, to our bone-in cowboy cut black angus ribeye, our outrageous chimichanga to even lobster fajitas, we're sure to have a new favorite waiting for you. From the sounds of the live Ranchero guitar player to the smells rising from our mesquite grill, Santa Fe Café is a much welcomed reprieve for the senses. Even when you're outside underneath the stars on our Rooftop Cantina, we've got you covered.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Santa Fe Cafe - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
Santa Fe Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (90)neighborhood gem (84)great for outdoor dining (79)good for groups (64)special occasion (50)kid-friendly (35)romantic (32)hot spot (29)notable wine list (17)great for lunch (16)late-night find (14)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (5)scenic view (5)Show More
- Great!FreshladybugDined on 10/18/2014Santa Fe is a great restaurant! Delicious food and great ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southwestern with a flairSueMDined on 10/18/2014Santa Fe Café is one of our favorites on the island. We brought guests with us and they were thrilled with the food selections, quality of preparation, and overall ambiance of the restaurant. It was a pretty busy Saturday evening. Unfortunately, the signature dish (Painted Desert Soup) came out and was not hot, but the server took it back right away and a few minutes later brought us two new bowls of hot soup. We appreciated the quick recovery - it can be hard on a busy night, but they did a great job. Our server was excellent, food was great and our guests were impressed.Special Features:
- ServiceLynneDined on 10/17/2014I dined with you two evenings and service was very slow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At least the server was excellentBillyVIPDined on 10/16/2014The food was not what what we were expecting given the volume of "I love it" reviews here on Open Table. In fact it seems to not be a great idea to pay much attention to O.T. reviewers at all as they seem to be biased to the positive. Tortilla soup seemed a mixture of disperate ingredients, the chicken tacos some flavour but way too much dry meat. Our server, however, was happy and efficient and favourite from this one week visit.Special Features:
- Excellentpcbuster04Dined on 10/11/2014Excellent as always Great service. Austin & David are masters of preparation. Love eating on outside deck on the weekendsSpecial Features:
- So good we went twice!enb1226Dined on 10/11/2014Our visit to Santa Fe Cafe completely exceeded our expectations. We followed a lot of the other Open Table recommendations and got the painted desert soup and my husband got the Ribeye Burrito. He raved about it and said it was one of the best burritos, if not meals, he's ever had! I had the outrageous chimichanga which was good, but not as flavorful as the burrito, will definitely try something different next time. We loved Santa Fe so much we went back for a second time on our last night in HHI. We had excellent service both nights and enjoyed the laid back atmosphere. The only downside is that the chips and salsa aren't free, but they are delicious and only $2.50. This has definitely become one of our musts whenever we come to HHI!Special Features:
- HHI FarwellTNTCVIPDined on 10/10/2014We always try to save Santa Fe for a change of pace when dining on HHI. The Tex Mex is always solid and refreshing. THe wine list is solid, as are the standards. THe specials always seem to incorporate local fish with southwest flair. We will be back.Special Features:
- FabulousJudyVIPDined on 10/10/2014Best dinner we had in Hilton Head all week. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- Another nice mealHWT3VIPDined on 10/10/2014Haven't been to Santa Fe Cafe for several months. It is early October here and the Cafe patrons were light as we arrived at 6:30PM. By the time we left at around 7:45PM people were waiting in line. Food was wonderful as usual. Really a nice venue. Their menu is not the largest on the island, but with their specials, it is more than enough.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinig under that stars!dinner1Dined on 10/5/2014It was such a great dinner from the cheese and chips, to the BBQ chicken tacos! The heat lamps on the roof top were perfect to dine under the stars. The service was excellent as always! If you have room, the desserts are just as good.Special Features:
- A Special Event dinnerGrumpyDined on 10/4/201439th Wedding Anniversary...we have eaten here many times, but Saturday night was exceptional...the upstairs patio was uncrowded, weather brisk and the food and guitarist were just perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentWavesDined on 10/3/2014We have been to this restaurant several times when we come to Hilton head the service we had was just terrible. We waited an hour for our food and people that came in after us had their food had dessert and we're leaving. Before we were served. Not acceptable they blamed it on that fact that my little piece of chicken is what took long that is absurd my husband ordered a rib eye and when it finally came out he word erred it med rare and it was med well and cold. They did comp the dinner but regardless we werenot treated as respected customers. Will not recommend this restaurant nor will we go there again.
- Up on the roofAlanDined on 10/1/2014We eat outside. Great food, I like the style of Santa Fe's tex/mex menu. Also they had a good guitar/singer to provide a musical accompaniment. Recommended. Still as good as the first time, way back in 2006.Special Features:
- over pricedpriceyDined on 9/30/2014The food was good .however really pricey.we've had way better Mexican for half the price !!!!Special Features:
- Great foodFLOATVIPDined on 9/28/2014For my wife 70th birthday and the food and service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!KeboDined on 9/27/2014We really enjoyed our meal for our anniversary. Nice, intimate location and food was delicious! We shared a Chimichanga and a Ribeye Burrito and both were incredible! Service was also top notch and would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Not great...RobinLDined on 9/26/2014We went later in the evening and encountered an very loud restaurant with itsy-bitsy tables and an indifferent wait person. Our fajitas were pretty good but inconsistent from plate to plate, with one plate being short on onions and peppers. there were four of us seated at a table meant for two. We had to sit our water and assorted other table items on the window ledge in order to accommodate our food. Our waitress was pretty lifeless and ignored our request to light our table candle- how silly of us to think it was worth having another item on the table! I would recommend the food, but not much else since there seemed to be no liquor in our mageritas.Special Features:
- Not 4 starSteveDined on 9/26/2014Restaurant was noisy and not too clean. The food was attractively presented, but only so-so. My wife had a vegetarian option. Very small portion and was not as appetizing as presented on the menu. I had shrimp tacos. They were OK.Special Features:
- Top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2014Food and service were very good. Waitress was very attentive and provided menu suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014We had an especially good dinner at Santa Fe on Tuesday night, having dined there many times. I chose the free range chicken, one of my favorites, and my husband chose the rib eye quesadilla. They were both delicious. Our waitress was very pleasant. I did not care for the glass of Pino Grigio that I first ordered, and she promptly gave me another choice to try. It is one our favorite restaurants in Hilton Head.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Food hereLovegoodrestaurantsVIPDined on 9/22/2014The food and atmosphere at Santa Fe Cafe was amazing as usual. We have enjoyed the restaurant for many years. My only complaint is the cocktails seem a bit watered down and martinis are small relative to restaurants in their peer group.
- unimpressivedisappointedDined on 9/20/2014Food was undercooked and service was inconsistent.Special Features:
- Love this place!VictorMVIPDined on 9/18/2014Always make it a priority to eat here. Best food in Hilton Head. The black bean soup and guacamole can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- epmeederDined on 9/17/2014Awesome! Always been a favorite and never disappoints. Always one of my favorites and wish they were open for lunch Sat and Sun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd trip - won't be the lastAnniversary34Dined on 9/16/2014Ate there last year and enjoyed it - thought we would try it again this year and we're not disappointed. The painted desert soup is to die for!Special Features:
- can't miss !!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/15/2014this is the one place that we never miss when we visit every year. Make sure you don't miss the Ribeye Burrito.Special Features:
- Reliably terrificTerryTownDined on 9/12/2014Not only was the food exceptional, the talented musician (upstairs outside) made our evening memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a WinnterDrwoVIPDined on 9/12/2014No surprises. Santa Fe is always on the agenda when visiting Hilton Head. Nothing fancy - just good.Special Features:
- Great food, unique menuSteveDined on 9/12/2014Excellent seafood prepared with a flare! Cooper was an excellent server! Food arrive quickly after we ordered. Great deserts, particularly the key lime pie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedWeeniegirlDined on 9/12/2014Although the tasty, the chimichanga was in no way worth $21. The cheese dip appeared to be from a can, and the churros were served with what what clearly Cool Whip. Also not convinced my margarita contained any tequila whatsoever. The service was abrupt. The ambiance was nice and I hear the rooftop seating is great. Very disappointing.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2014Husband was sad he filled up on the large bowl of chips that came as part of the chili con queso appetizer. The food is high end southwestern. Large portions and tasted great. The only complaint is that the lighting was too dark - it was hard to see the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of OurFavoritesHomegirlDined on 9/9/2014Always a good meal at Santa Fe. One of our favorite South Western Restaurants. We especially enjoy the outdoor dining with the Mariachi Band.Special Features:
- Enjoyable evening!Luv2eatoutVIPDined on 9/9/2014We had not been to Hilton Head in a number of years but remembered Sante Fe. We are glad that this restaurant is just as we left it and we enjoyed our meal. I had the parmesan salmon. It was terrific!Special Features:
- Never DisappointsdontholdbackDined on 9/6/2014Santa Fe has become our favorite Hilton Head restaurant. Service is always great, much menu variety- all of it tasty and cooked perfectly. The Cadallic Margarita is made from real fruit juices and cannot be equalled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful SupriseMainahforlifeDined on 9/3/2014When we first pulled into the parking lot, it seemed we were going into a restaurant in a strip mall type property. We were skeptical but had a gift card from a friend who had recommended the spot. We're so glad we did. Our waiter was fantastic, the food was fresh and had tremendous flavor! Portions were perfect. I had the Ribeye which was cooked perfect and amazingly tender. Others had food with a bit of spice but not too much for our northerners. I'm not sure there would be a bad meal here. Though we sat inside because of the heat, the outdoor area was very nice, with a bar and separate seating area for cocktails. There was also live music. Very, very nice evening.Special Features:
- LarryD18Dined on 9/2/2014Been comng for man years Always outstanding food Painted desert soup love. It was my daughter-in-laws first time Said one of the best she has been toSpecial Features:
- Dinner at Santa Fecz85Dined on 8/31/2014Fantastic food, as usual. Surprisingly, our server was not the normal level of friendliness as in the past. However, this would not deter us from dining with Santa Fe again. It was a busy night. Will definitely continue to recommend your restaurant to guests visiting the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change of PaceBirdseyevuDined on 8/27/2014On an island that offers a lot of seafood restaurants, Santa Fe is a welcome change of pace. Southwestern decor but not overdone, with a menu that covers a wide variety of southwestern dishes, it is just what Hilton Head needs to round out their restaurant scene. It's been around for years and remains a true winner!Special Features:
- great food and atmospherefairVIPDined on 8/21/2014We really loved Santa fe cafe on our recent trip to Hilton head. Don't let the reviews that say it's overpriced scare you off. Food is excellent! Ribeye burrito is a must as well as the pork tenderloin. Portions are healthy and you will have enough for lunch the next day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tourist TrapRSDCArchDined on 8/17/2014This place is a "Hilton Head tradition." I'm sure they've been overcharging tourists for mediocre food for years. If you are determined to go spend more money than you should for the quality of food and the ambiance ($280 for 7 people w/ only 4 margaritas), then do order the quail. Very well prepared but the maple syrup takes over about the middle of the dish. Avoid the chicken fajitas at all costs (and that cost is $24!). Dry & tasteless chunks of chicken w/ the usual Mexican restaurant sides. All else was mediocre w/ the exception of the onion rings, which are the best deal on the menu. Service was pleasant, but I would definitely not return at these prices.