Santa Fe Cafe
807 Willliam Hilton Pkwy Ste 700
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
Santa Fe Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://santafecafehiltonhead.com/
- Phone: (843) 785-3838
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Austin Harris
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer our upstairs dinning area for large party private dining which holds thirty to forty people, which is great for rehearsal dinners and other events.
- Private Party Contact: Marshall Sampson 8437853838
- Entertainment: For a truly enchanted evening, dine under the stars in our open-air, climate controlled Rooftop Cantina complete with an oak fire in our Adobe Chiminea and unwind to live music from our Ranchero Guitarista Wednesday through Saturday nights.
A word from Santa Fe Cafe
We bring the very best of Southwestern culture and cuisine home to the Lowcountry. Our menu has been an Islanders" preferred dining spot for over 20 years and with dishes like our famous grouper, to our bone-in cowboy cut black angus ribeye, our outrageous chimichanga to even lobster fajitas, we're sure to have a new favorite waiting for you. From the sounds of the live Ranchero guitar player to the smells rising from our mesquite grill, Santa Fe Café is a much welcomed reprieve for the senses. Even when you're outside underneath the stars on our Rooftop Cantina, we've got you covered.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Santa Fe Cafe - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
Santa Fe Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (73)great for outdoor dining (70)neighborhood gem (64)good for groups (49)special occasion (40)romantic (27)hot spot (26)kid-friendly (18)great for lunch (16)notable wine list (14)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (9)scenic view (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Much improved and worth a return visitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2014We ate at this restaurant on two or three occasions in years past but stopped going because the menu never changed and it lacked a real identity. We returned this week when we saw that the menu had been updated and the reviews were solid. Our food was excellent. The menu has evolved and it is more of an upscale Mexican or Tex-Mex restaurant. I had the Rib-Eye Burrito and it was excellent. Not like what you get in a routine, good Mexican restaurant but much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High quality and won't empty your wallet!PearlDined on 11/15/2014If you don't like spending $26-$30 for an entree in Hilton Head, this place will meet your needs. On top of the moderate pricing and cheerful, attractive decor, the welcome and follow up we received from the Maitre'D was so warm and welcoming. Our waitress was very competent and attentive and the food was just what we expected. Delicious Mexican fare and lots of it. We shared the chicken fajita and as newly minted Senior citizens (aged 65), that was plenty of food for us. It was too cold to go upstairs but we were told there is a large outdoor patio with live music playing some nights and we would have loved that. We will return and highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as usual.lanceVIPDined on 11/8/2014We have been here many times. Always superb. The food was excellent. I usually get the grouper but felt the $30 price was a bit expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best gourment dishes!dinner1Dined on 11/6/2014We dined with friends on the outdoor upstairs terrace! This spot is really great to view the stars as you sit under cozy heat lamps! The food is really wonderful from the burito to the many types of fajitas! A great start is the warm cheese dip and chips! All entrees are prepared with fresh ingredients and presented in a pretty manner! Our server Scott was top notch-thanks again!Special Features:
- SLIGHT DISAPPOINTMENTOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2014While the food was good, did not feel like the quality met the price point. We had to ask for chips several times, and still did not get a refill. The wine list was minimal, which was a disappointment. We might go there for lunch, but would not recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great service, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014This is kind and the husbands favorite spot for date night or with friends. Service is always good and food is amazing. The grouper is my all time fav or the salmon. You definitely have to get the churros for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Painted dessert soupLindalouDined on 10/29/2014One of their signature foods. Delicious and beautiful presentation. Very welcoming. Great service. I always have a meal at the Santa Fe Cafe when I visit Hilton Head.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and invitingSusanDined on 10/24/2014We joined another couple for dinner here and everything was perfect. We had reservations and we seated immediately. The painted desert soup was excellent and everyone enjoyed their meal. Really nice evening out.Special Features:
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2014Rarely do you find a 10 of out 10 for food, atmosphere, and service combined! Santa Fe is that 10 out of 10!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good, but priceyrockmeisterVIPDined on 10/22/2014Nice restaurant with good service. The guacamole serving is large, but could use a little spicing up. Queso Fundido with Chorizo is excellent as are the shrimp fajitas, though the prices on everything are steep! The fried oysters were tasty, though I did get some chewy spots that were disconcerting.
- Great!FreshladybugDined on 10/18/2014Santa Fe is a great restaurant! Delicious food and great ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southwestern with a flairSueMDined on 10/18/2014Santa Fe Café is one of our favorites on the island. We brought guests with us and they were thrilled with the food selections, quality of preparation, and overall ambiance of the restaurant. It was a pretty busy Saturday evening. Unfortunately, the signature dish (Painted Desert Soup) came out and was not hot, but the server took it back right away and a few minutes later brought us two new bowls of hot soup. We appreciated the quick recovery - it can be hard on a busy night, but they did a great job. Our server was excellent, food was great and our guests were impressed.Special Features:
- ServiceLynneDined on 10/17/2014I dined with you two evenings and service was very slow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At least the server was excellentBillyVIPDined on 10/16/2014The food was not what what we were expecting given the volume of "I love it" reviews here on Open Table. In fact it seems to not be a great idea to pay much attention to O.T. reviewers at all as they seem to be biased to the positive. Tortilla soup seemed a mixture of disperate ingredients, the chicken tacos some flavour but way too much dry meat. Our server, however, was happy and efficient and favourite from this one week visit.Special Features:
- Excellentpcbuster04Dined on 10/11/2014Excellent as always Great service. Austin & David are masters of preparation. Love eating on outside deck on the weekendsSpecial Features:
- So good we went twice!enb1226Dined on 10/11/2014Our visit to Santa Fe Cafe completely exceeded our expectations. We followed a lot of the other Open Table recommendations and got the painted desert soup and my husband got the Ribeye Burrito. He raved about it and said it was one of the best burritos, if not meals, he's ever had! I had the outrageous chimichanga which was good, but not as flavorful as the burrito, will definitely try something different next time. We loved Santa Fe so much we went back for a second time on our last night in HHI. We had excellent service both nights and enjoyed the laid back atmosphere. The only downside is that the chips and salsa aren't free, but they are delicious and only $2.50. This has definitely become one of our musts whenever we come to HHI!Special Features:
- HHI FarwellTNTCVIPDined on 10/10/2014We always try to save Santa Fe for a change of pace when dining on HHI. The Tex Mex is always solid and refreshing. THe wine list is solid, as are the standards. THe specials always seem to incorporate local fish with southwest flair. We will be back.Special Features:
- FabulousJudyVIPDined on 10/10/2014Best dinner we had in Hilton Head all week. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- Another nice mealHWT3VIPDined on 10/10/2014Haven't been to Santa Fe Cafe for several months. It is early October here and the Cafe patrons were light as we arrived at 6:30PM. By the time we left at around 7:45PM people were waiting in line. Food was wonderful as usual. Really a nice venue. Their menu is not the largest on the island, but with their specials, it is more than enough.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinig under that stars!dinner1Dined on 10/5/2014It was such a great dinner from the cheese and chips, to the BBQ chicken tacos! The heat lamps on the roof top were perfect to dine under the stars. The service was excellent as always! If you have room, the desserts are just as good.Special Features:
- A Special Event dinnerGrumpyDined on 10/4/201439th Wedding Anniversary...we have eaten here many times, but Saturday night was exceptional...the upstairs patio was uncrowded, weather brisk and the food and guitarist were just perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentWavesDined on 10/3/2014We have been to this restaurant several times when we come to Hilton head the service we had was just terrible. We waited an hour for our food and people that came in after us had their food had dessert and we're leaving. Before we were served. Not acceptable they blamed it on that fact that my little piece of chicken is what took long that is absurd my husband ordered a rib eye and when it finally came out he word erred it med rare and it was med well and cold. They did comp the dinner but regardless we werenot treated as respected customers. Will not recommend this restaurant nor will we go there again.
- Up on the roofAlanDined on 10/1/2014We eat outside. Great food, I like the style of Santa Fe's tex/mex menu. Also they had a good guitar/singer to provide a musical accompaniment. Recommended. Still as good as the first time, way back in 2006.Special Features:
- over pricedpriceyDined on 9/30/2014The food was good .however really pricey.we've had way better Mexican for half the price !!!!Special Features:
- Great foodFLOATVIPDined on 9/28/2014For my wife 70th birthday and the food and service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!KeboDined on 9/27/2014We really enjoyed our meal for our anniversary. Nice, intimate location and food was delicious! We shared a Chimichanga and a Ribeye Burrito and both were incredible! Service was also top notch and would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Not great...RobinLDined on 9/26/2014We went later in the evening and encountered an very loud restaurant with itsy-bitsy tables and an indifferent wait person. Our fajitas were pretty good but inconsistent from plate to plate, with one plate being short on onions and peppers. there were four of us seated at a table meant for two. We had to sit our water and assorted other table items on the window ledge in order to accommodate our food. Our waitress was pretty lifeless and ignored our request to light our table candle- how silly of us to think it was worth having another item on the table! I would recommend the food, but not much else since there seemed to be no liquor in our mageritas.Special Features:
- Not 4 starSteveDined on 9/26/2014Restaurant was noisy and not too clean. The food was attractively presented, but only so-so. My wife had a vegetarian option. Very small portion and was not as appetizing as presented on the menu. I had shrimp tacos. They were OK.Special Features:
- Top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2014Food and service were very good. Waitress was very attentive and provided menu suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014We had an especially good dinner at Santa Fe on Tuesday night, having dined there many times. I chose the free range chicken, one of my favorites, and my husband chose the rib eye quesadilla. They were both delicious. Our waitress was very pleasant. I did not care for the glass of Pino Grigio that I first ordered, and she promptly gave me another choice to try. It is one our favorite restaurants in Hilton Head.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Food hereLovegoodrestaurantsVIPDined on 9/22/2014The food and atmosphere at Santa Fe Cafe was amazing as usual. We have enjoyed the restaurant for many years. My only complaint is the cocktails seem a bit watered down and martinis are small relative to restaurants in their peer group.
- unimpressivedisappointedDined on 9/20/2014Food was undercooked and service was inconsistent.Special Features:
- Love this place!VictorMVIPDined on 9/18/2014Always make it a priority to eat here. Best food in Hilton Head. The black bean soup and guacamole can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- epmeederDined on 9/17/2014Awesome! Always been a favorite and never disappoints. Always one of my favorites and wish they were open for lunch Sat and Sun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd trip - won't be the lastAnniversary34Dined on 9/16/2014Ate there last year and enjoyed it - thought we would try it again this year and we're not disappointed. The painted desert soup is to die for!Special Features:
- can't miss !!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/15/2014this is the one place that we never miss when we visit every year. Make sure you don't miss the Ribeye Burrito.Special Features:
- Reliably terrificTerryTownDined on 9/12/2014Not only was the food exceptional, the talented musician (upstairs outside) made our evening memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a WinnterDrwoVIPDined on 9/12/2014No surprises. Santa Fe is always on the agenda when visiting Hilton Head. Nothing fancy - just good.Special Features:
- Great food, unique menuSteveDined on 9/12/2014Excellent seafood prepared with a flare! Cooper was an excellent server! Food arrive quickly after we ordered. Great deserts, particularly the key lime pie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedWeeniegirlDined on 9/12/2014Although the tasty, the chimichanga was in no way worth $21. The cheese dip appeared to be from a can, and the churros were served with what what clearly Cool Whip. Also not convinced my margarita contained any tequila whatsoever. The service was abrupt. The ambiance was nice and I hear the rooftop seating is great. Very disappointing.