Santa Fe Cafe
807 Willliam Hilton Pkwy Ste 700
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
Santa Fe Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://santafecafehiltonhead.com/
- Phone: 8437853838
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Austin Harris
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer our upstairs dinning area for large party private dining which holds thirty to forty people, which is great for rehearsal dinners and other events.
- Private Party Contact: Marshall Sampson 8437853838
- Entertainment: For a truly enchanted evening, dine under the stars in our open-air, climate controlled Rooftop Cantina complete with an oak fire in our Adobe Chiminea and unwind to live music from our Ranchero Guitarista Wednesday through Saturday nights.
A word from Santa Fe Cafe
We bring the very best of Southwestern culture and cuisine home to the Lowcountry. Our menu has been an Islanders" preferred dining spot for over 20 years and with dishes like our famous grouper, to our bone-in cowboy cut black angus ribeye, our outrageous chimichanga to even lobster fajitas, we're sure to have a new favorite waiting for you. From the sounds of the live Ranchero guitar player to the smells rising from our mesquite grill, Santa Fe Café is a much welcomed reprieve for the senses. Even when you're outside underneath the stars on our Rooftop Cantina, we've got you covered.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Santa Fe Cafe - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
Santa Fe Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
183 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (88)great for outdoor dining (83)neighborhood gem (81)good for groups (61)special occasion (60)kid-friendly (46)romantic (39)hot spot (29)great for lunch (20)late-night find (15)notable wine list (14)vibrant bar scene (12)scenic view (6)great for brunch (5)Show More
- Reliably terrificTerryTownDined on 9/12/2014Not only was the food exceptional, the talented musician (upstairs outside) made our evening memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a WinnterDrwoVIPDined on 9/12/2014No surprises. Santa Fe is always on the agenda when visiting Hilton Head. Nothing fancy - just good.Special Features:
- Great food, unique menuSteveDined on 9/12/2014Excellent seafood prepared with a flare! Cooper was an excellent server! Food arrive quickly after we ordered. Great deserts, particularly the key lime pie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedWeeniegirlDined on 9/12/2014Although the tasty, the chimichanga was in no way worth $21. The cheese dip appeared to be from a can, and the churros were served with what what clearly Cool Whip. Also not convinced my margarita contained any tequila whatsoever. The service was abrupt. The ambiance was nice and I hear the rooftop seating is great. Very disappointing.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2014Husband was sad he filled up on the large bowl of chips that came as part of the chili con queso appetizer. The food is high end southwestern. Large portions and tasted great. The only complaint is that the lighting was too dark - it was hard to see the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable evening!Luv2eatoutVIPDined on 9/9/2014We had not been to Hilton Head in a number of years but remembered Sante Fe. We are glad that this restaurant is just as we left it and we enjoyed our meal. I had the parmesan salmon. It was terrific!Special Features:
- Never DisappointsdontholdbackDined on 9/6/2014Santa Fe has become our favorite Hilton Head restaurant. Service is always great, much menu variety- all of it tasty and cooked perfectly. The Cadallic Margarita is made from real fruit juices and cannot be equalled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful SupriseMainahforlifeDined on 9/3/2014When we first pulled into the parking lot, it seemed we were going into a restaurant in a strip mall type property. We were skeptical but had a gift card from a friend who had recommended the spot. We're so glad we did. Our waiter was fantastic, the food was fresh and had tremendous flavor! Portions were perfect. I had the Ribeye which was cooked perfect and amazingly tender. Others had food with a bit of spice but not too much for our northerners. I'm not sure there would be a bad meal here. Though we sat inside because of the heat, the outdoor area was very nice, with a bar and separate seating area for cocktails. There was also live music. Very, very nice evening.Special Features:
- LarryD18Dined on 9/2/2014Been comng for man years Always outstanding food Painted desert soup love. It was my daughter-in-laws first time Said one of the best she has been toSpecial Features:
- Dinner at Santa Fecz85Dined on 8/31/2014Fantastic food, as usual. Surprisingly, our server was not the normal level of friendliness as in the past. However, this would not deter us from dining with Santa Fe again. It was a busy night. Will definitely continue to recommend your restaurant to guests visiting the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change of PaceBirdseyevuDined on 8/27/2014On an island that offers a lot of seafood restaurants, Santa Fe is a welcome change of pace. Southwestern decor but not overdone, with a menu that covers a wide variety of southwestern dishes, it is just what Hilton Head needs to round out their restaurant scene. It's been around for years and remains a true winner!Special Features:
- great food and atmospherefairVIPDined on 8/21/2014We really loved Santa fe cafe on our recent trip to Hilton head. Don't let the reviews that say it's overpriced scare you off. Food is excellent! Ribeye burrito is a must as well as the pork tenderloin. Portions are healthy and you will have enough for lunch the next day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tourist TrapRSDCArchDined on 8/17/2014This place is a "Hilton Head tradition." I'm sure they've been overcharging tourists for mediocre food for years. If you are determined to go spend more money than you should for the quality of food and the ambiance ($280 for 7 people w/ only 4 margaritas), then do order the quail. Very well prepared but the maple syrup takes over about the middle of the dish. Avoid the chicken fajitas at all costs (and that cost is $24!). Dry & tasteless chunks of chicken w/ the usual Mexican restaurant sides. All else was mediocre w/ the exception of the onion rings, which are the best deal on the menu. Service was pleasant, but I would definitely not return at these prices.
- consistently goodMandMDined on 8/16/2014Dined at Santa Fe twice over a 2 week period, and it continues to be our favorite restaurant on Hilton Head Island. We have the pleasure of going there a dozen times over the course of a year, and it is always special. Food and service are always excellent. Menu has been tweaked but thank goodness its always an addition and not a subtraction----- everything on the menu should stay there, as all the items are awesome. Steaks always perfection, and when I try something different "just because", it's always great too. This past time it took me forever to decide because of the various choices. Close your eyes and pick, and you're still in for a treat. Great job, everyone, see you again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurant on HHBestVIPDined on 8/15/2014We have been coming to Santa Fe for years and love it. Every time we visit HH it is a must go to, sometimes twice. The food is fantastic and so are the margaritas. I wish they would franchise and open them all over the country!Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Not your typical Mexican- some tacos and fajitas, but also some more classic entrees. For example, the Fajitas were the best I've ever had, but were also the most expensive and presented as a regular dish, rather than on the "sizzling skillet". Everyone enjoyed their dinners, and we all agreed we would go back soon.Special Features:
- Gourmet Mexican foodCraigKDined on 8/14/2014Santa Fe restaurant is a consistent winner. It has gourmet Mexican food. There is always excellent service and wonderful specials. The guacamole appetizer is a must. It goes very well with the house margarita. The fillet mignon fajitas were perfect. We were seated immediately at the time of our reservation. I would highly recommend having the reservation. This popular spot is not one to just drop into. We have been here many times and the service is always friendly and prompt. I will warn you that the cowboy steak is enough for two meals for a very large hungry man.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for Mexican faremidwestfoodieDined on 8/14/2014We went here for lunch a couple years ago and had a great meal, so decided this year to try it for dinner. Wow, what a difference! Dinner was WAYYYY overpriced for standard Mexican type fare such as Burritos priced at over $20 which does NOT include Rice or beans. You had to BUY chips and salsa if you wanted it where as most every Mexican restaurant I've been to provides this at no cost to patrons. Fajitas for basic chicken were $24 and I had to ask for cheese to go with them. The food was just OK- and when you factor in the prices, we agreed we'd definitely not be going back. If you don't mind paying that much for mexican fare, then you might like this place, but for the taste of the food to me, it was not worth it.
- Excellent again!KennyGDined on 8/14/2014We have been to Santa Fe Café several times. The food is always fantastic. You have to try the painted desert soup! It is out standing. We always go to Santa Fe when we are on the Island. It is a must go place. Centrally located by Palmeto Dunes, you can't go wrong!Special Features:
- One of our favorites in Hilton HeadsuzyqVIPDined on 8/12/2014Santa Fe has become a regular stop when we are in Hilton Head...could not wait to eat here again this year. We sat in the room where they cook and liked this over sitting in the upstairs area. We shared the special quesidilla of the night and it was tasty. My husband dined on the ribeye burrito which was delicious. I had the fish tacos. I highly recommend this restaurant which is a bit hard to find if you're new to the area, sits outside the entrance to Palmetto Dunes.
- Date NightRunHHI2014Dined on 8/9/2014We hadn't been out in months without the kids and the staff made this evening so relaxing & enjoyable; and they made sure to seat us away from all children. Def. make a reservation. The food was amazing as usual, consistently great service at this restaurant & we love the atmosphere. We'll be back as always :)Special Features:
- DaisygirlVIPDined on 8/9/2014Very enjoyable evening. Staff was very accommodating. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Love this restaurant.LovevacaDined on 8/8/2014Our food was amazing. The drinks were excellent. Staff was attentive. We look forward to our dinner at Santa February Cafe every time we visit Hilton Head.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently greatMandMDined on 8/8/2014Been dining at Santa Fe for years, and it never disappoints. It's the first and last place we go when visiting Hilton Head. The food is wonderful, it's unique, and I can't wait to go again. I'm stuck on the bone-in Cowboy Cut Ribeye, and wife loves the signature grouper, which has a sauce you won't find anywhere else. The Chimichanga is another favorite. Other great choices are pork chop, lamb, and ribeye burrito. Service is always great---same servers are always there, seldom turnovers, so they recognize us and make us welcome. Great spot for groups, whether family or friends. Small restaurant which allows attentiveness from staff, but big enough to be really fun. Love the window tables back near the chef's grill. Congrats to all at SF!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!EmilyVIPDined on 8/3/2014I've been going to Hilton Head Island since I was a child, but this is the first time I've tried Santa Fe Cafe and I absolutely loved it! I had the Painted Desert Soup, which was incredible, and the Ribye Burrito, which, while huge, was also amazing. We split guacamole, which was homemade and very good. The atmosphere is southwestern, but I definitely recommend the rooftop; it's beautiful, peaceful, and I loved the Spanish guitarists that were playing. It was a wonderful experience, I would highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedLouGDined on 8/2/2014We love tex mex food but were not impressed with Santa Fe Cafe. Restaurant facilities were nice including a large outside deck. However, the food was mediocre. It reminded me of a Chi Chi's (if those still exist). Guacamole tasted okay, but was a dark green color will a very smooth consistency. Salsa was watery. Our fish, beef and chicken dishes were bland and lukewarm. Margaritas seemed a little weak. We would not recommend.
- ONE OF THE BEST ON THE ISLANDPhilDined on 8/1/2014THIS IS MY GO-TO PLACE FOR EXCELLENT SOUTHWESTERN CUISINE. MY PARENTS LIVE ON THE ISLAND AND WHEN WE VISIT THEM EVERY YEAR, WE MAKE SURE WE DINE HERE. WE ALWAYS TRY DIFFERENT ENTREES--WHETHER THEY ARE ON THE MENU OR A SPECIAL--AND THEY NEVER DISAPPOINT. TRY THE GUACAMOLE & CHIPS APPETIZER AS A STARTER. DELISH! LOVE FRESH GAUC! ALL ENTREES ARE FANTASTIC AND THE WINE LIST IS VERY GOOD. ENJOY!Special Features:
- GeorgeGeo26Dined on 8/1/2014Good southwestern food. Queso dip was very good. Shrimp tacos were good but too spicy for my taste. Main drawback to the restaurant was having to wait over an hour for our entree to be served. Too long of a wait when dining with children.Special Features:
- Nice Eveninggreatplace2dineDined on 7/31/2014This is a really nice restaurant and had a great evening. We actually should about 45 mins before our reservation and the guy at the front had us a table in about 20 min. Even with it being busy night. The services was good and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We LOVE Santa Fe!pickyeaterDined on 7/29/2014We try to go to Santa Fe Café every time we are in Hilton Head. The food is always excellent and the service can't be beat but the most fun thing is their live entertainment on the rooftop grill!! There are some of the best guitar players I have ever heard playing a little bit of everything, flamenco, oldies in Spanish & in English! It is a great restaurant experience all around and very conveniently located in the middle of the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our First Visitregularguest20Dined on 7/28/2014We visit HHI at least once a year and were referred to this restaurant when we asked a local resident for southwestern cuisine. We were definitely not disappointed - Great ambience and excellent food and drink menu. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Great foodLuvtoeatDined on 7/26/2014Arrived at 5:15 and the restaurant was not crowded at all, which is a treat for Hilton Head in the summer. We were promptly seated and waited on. The food and service were excellent. It is a little more upscale and pricy than your typical Mexican restaurant but we will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HoneyHmossDined on 7/25/2014As usual we had a fabulous meal. We sat at the bar overlooking the grill. Enjoyed interacting with the chefs. The food was impeccable. We had the grilled filet and the pork chops. Started with guacamole and ended with toffee cake and coconut ice cream. We plan to eat here again when we are in HHI next month.Special Features:
- Very good!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/21/2014We have eaten here many times over the years. Diner was excellent! The food is delicious - full of vibrant flavors and well prepared. I had the smaller rib eye - perfectly cooked. My son had a chimichanga that was excellent. Both the painted desert soup and the black bean soup were excellent. Great dessert. Will return with pour next visit to Hilton head.Special Features:
- Always GoodGreen1Dined on 7/20/2014Have been going to Sante Fe for ~20 years. Focused menu but they have the meals down quite well. Have been there for many special occasions. Good to make a reservation especially during prime dinner hours.Special Features:
- Long Time GuestVermaasDined on 7/19/2014We are local and have enjoyed Santa Fe for over 7 years. The only issue I have experienced is sometimes indoor dining is so loud it is hard to speak to people. This was not the issue Saturday night between 7-9. We brought a couple new to the Bluffton area and it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveDined on 7/19/2014First time visit, totally impressed with the food and service, exceeded our expectations. Ceviche and chimichanga were outstanding. Will definitely be back many times. Only downside was it was kind of noisy and just from normal talking at the tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014Food and service were excellent. Atmosphere was excellent. All in all a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service, noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014is was our first experience at Santa Fe. The food and service were good. Based on our visit, where you are seated has a big effect on the overall experience. We were in a are of the restaurant where employees were placing the food on dishes. It seemed the ere having a contest on which one could make the most noise slamming the dishes, which had a negative impact on our dining. May try this venue again, but would definitely not sit the same area.
- Always delightful!DBenedettoVIPDined on 7/16/2014We make it a point to visit Santa Fe Cafe every time we visit Hilton Head. We have never been disappointed. They do everything right and consistent. It is our favorite restaurant on the island. We would love to have one like it in Atlanta.Special Features: