Santa Catarina Restaurant
1310 RR 620 South A4
Austin, TX 78734Neighborhood:
Bee Caves / Lakeway / Lake Travis
Traditional MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Santa Catarina Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.santacatarinarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5123000946
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 9:00am -11:30am; Lunch: Daily:11:30am - 3:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 9:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Traditional Mexican
- Executive Chef: Francisco Cortez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact Jesus Hernandez (512) 300-0946 for catering events.
- Entertainment: Sunday brunch music from 11:30am to 2:00pm
A word from Santa Catarina Restaurant
Santa Catarina is an interior Mexican Food Restaurant offering a different variety from sea food items, meats, poultry and vegetarian items.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Santa Catarina Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Real Mexican--not TexMex.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2013We lived in Mexico and developed a love of authentic Mexican quisine. So we were glad to find Santa Catarina close to our home and serving good regional Mexican dishes like our favorite Cochinita Pibil. No need to make a long drive to find tasty Mexican food. And the bar is pretty good, too.Special Features:
- WORTH THE DRIVEOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2013This place is located in the heart of lakeway but it was worth the drive. Service was great and so was the food, a must try is the Pibil!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatkjreviewsVIPDined on 5/20/2013We love eating here, the meals and drinks are excellent.Special Features:
- Great interior Mexican foodsadieDined on 5/12/2013Some unusual dishes that are delicious. Several are baked in banana leaves which keeps meats really moist. Our dinner was served on warm plates too. I love that attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchGMTODined on 5/12/2013We had a great time. The food was excellent. We did not know it was brunch like a buffet. But, everyone loves it. I will recommend it for any occasion. The food is always delicious. The table was ready when we got there and, we did not have to wait for the other two families to seat at our table. I love that because, I don't like the restaurants that make you wait for all your friends before they take to the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday BrunchLakewayDinerDined on 5/12/2013We went for Mothers' Day, with my wife, mother and dad. The range of food offered at the buffet was surprisingly broad. It took two trips to sample it all and it was all excellent. Wonderful flavors. The waitstaff were attentive and the atmosphere happy and friendly, just right for a Sunday afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service - where were you?OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/28/2013The food is good; the service is not; we were there on a Sunday afternoon - there were at least four staff standing around and only three tables of patrons; we had to wait for service, wait for drinks, wait for our order, wait for another round of drinks...very disappointing.
- Great Authentic Mexican FoodMarkSLakewayVIPDined on 4/19/2013Always a great meal here. Definitely a gem in Lakeway. Nice staff, great drinks, excellent food. Takes your typical "Tex-Mex" fare up a few notches. We try to get here a couple of times per month.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemAsheDined on 4/8/2013This food is incredibly good. Interior mexican. Even though it was a Monday night when we were there, tables were filled. I recommend this to any foodie, as I consider myself one! The tortilla soup was an excellent version of classic Oaxaca recipe. Absolutely delicious. As was the guacamole, chile con queso and grilled Gulf of Mexico black drum fish. Fresh tortillas too.Special Features:
- Great happy hour, love theKerryBVIPDined on 3/24/2013Great happy hour, love the Mexican martinis. The staff is always friendly.
- Worth the drive!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/23/2013Outstanding interior Mexican cuisine with reasonable prices, tucked into an unassuming space in a strip center. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Our party dined here for SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/10/2013Our party dined here for Sunday Brunch. The entire experience was delightful! We all really liked our lunch/brunch selections. The waitress was friendly and efficient. We also enjoyed the wonderful guitar playing - it added to the ambiance! We will definitely return.Special Features:
- My favorite Mexican restaurant!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/6/2013Excellent food and presentation. Not TexMex. Healthy & fresh ingredients. Favorites: "queso" with grilled veggies, fajitas, ensalada mixta w/beef fajita; their corn tortillas are amazing! The staff is friendly and helpful. I love this place and recommend it to everyone!Special Features:
- The queso with venison chorizoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013The queso with venison chorizo was fabulous! All of our main dishes were superb as well.Special Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013It was a long drive to this location. Food was so-so. The service was indifferent and the drinks were overpriced and skimpy. It was loud and there was no table privacy. Many tables share a bench seat. Overall it was overpriced and not worth the drive. Certainly not a memorable Valentine's Day.
- So-SoOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/8/2013Our experience was just so-so...it was very loud, lots of kids, it seemed very much like your normal Tex-Mex restaurant (although the food was more authentic Mexican). Not sure we'd return unless we jut happened to be driving by.Special Features:
- Great food & drinks!!!!TiffVIPDined on 1/25/2013Food was awesome! Margaritas are great; however, looking forward to when you guys have Z Tequila! ;)Special Features:
- Favorite Mexican restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/23/2013Love the margaritas, queso, all pork dishes are amazing! Favorite dish - pork enchiladas with verde sauce, I just about lick the plate! Chocolate cake is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Neighborhood Gem!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/2/2012The ambiance is fabulous. What might be lacking in outside "scenic view" for some will be made up inside. ----We were pleasantly surprised with the Mariachi duo which just added to the ambiance. The food is why we return. There are very few if any places that make the mole sauce so delicious. We started off with chips and salsa (delicious salsa, mild, not overpowering) a salad, that was delicious and could be a meal in itself, (they use mixed greens, not iceberg, with toasted almonds, pickled red onions, strawberries and neatly sliced avocado. We had the Enchiladas Mole and the "En Nogada" Roasted poblano pepper stuffed with pork picadillo. Each plate is a presentation in itself. We'll be back!!Special Features:
- Great find. The location isOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012Great find. The location is in a strip mall and therefore could be missed by many driving by, but worth the stop. Great Mexican food, more traditional Mexican than texmex. Great margaritas as well . Did make reservations online and had to wait for a table, while walk Ins were seated before wa us however it was only about five minutes wait .Special Features:
- Enjoyed Sunday Brunch serenadedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/2/2012Enjoyed Sunday Brunch serenaded by mariachis. Wonderful menu. Tasty food and drinks.Special Features:
- We ate the beef fajitas andOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/2/2012We ate the beef fajitas and the shrimp Maya-something. The shrimp was very good, albeit slightly overcooked perhaps. The fajitas were just OK, being a bit tough, but we're pretty picky fajita eaters. The presentation was very nice with plenty of sides. Margs were very good I would say - my wife had a regular on the rocks and liked it, while I had a frozen watermelon, which was very tasty.Special Features:
- The service at Santa CatarinaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/7/2012The service at Santa Catarina was very good and the restaurant has a nice "feel", but no one in our group of four liked their food. Our opinions ranged from OK, a c-, to very bad, an F. There are many options in the area with much better Mexican food. Do not waste your time or money on Santa Catarina!
- The food was outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/24/2012The food was outstanding! I hope they stay around for a long time.Special Features:
- Outstanding food & drinksPrincezredDined on 6/23/2012Outstanding food & drinks at an extremely reasonable price.Special Features: