Sans Souci - Renaissance Hotel Cleveland
24 Public Square
Cleveland, OH 44113Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Sans Souci - Renaissance Hotel Cleveland
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sanssoucicleveland.com/
- Phone: (216) 696-5600
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 1:30pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brett Montgomery
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: We are open for all Holidays with special holiday menus.
A word from Sans Souci - Renaissance Hotel Cleveland
Sans Souci (san-susi), "without worry", is a Mediterranean specialties restaurant with an interior design concept reflecting the southeast region of France known as "Provence". Sans Souci offers a casual & relaxed atmosphere for dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sans Souci - Renaissance Hotel Cleveland reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (5)scenic view (4)great for lunch (3)romantic (3)fit for foodies (2)notable wine list (2)good for groups (1)Show More
- ComfortableBunnyDined on 9/4/2014It was great to have a late lunch in such a quiet place. Service was great and staff was personable. The menu was limited and both my guest and I enjoyed our choices.Special Features:
- 18 yr anniversaryNew2ClevelandDined on 8/2/2014The place was empty for a Saturday night. We were one of 2 tables. The chicken saltimbocca was overly garlicky and dry. Not worth the money. Nice goat cheese & fig appetizer though. I would rank this as mediocre, and will try other restaurants next time.
- The following 282 reviews are from the Sans Souci - Renaissance Hotel Cleveland reviews archive.
- Very disappointinghamdinerDined on 5/24/2014Looking forward to eating here since we had not eaten here in a long time. It has really gone down hill. Food was fair the presentation was less than fair. Service was decent. We were there on a Sat at 7:30 and there were 2 others tables that had customers. Really sad to see what was once an excellent restaurant, take such a bad turn:(
- mothers day brunchWineguyVIPDined on 5/11/2014Food was fantastic. Fresh and very tasty. Service was fine, no major complaints but our server would have been more at home in TGI Fridays or something. We were seated right next to the servers' station so the ambience one would typically expect from this type of restaurant was decidedly lacking. If it were crowded I could understand but there was no reason for that table to be used. Overall, if you want a quick bite and you are in the Tower City/Rennaisance area of town then food is great. If you are planning a special meal, go elsewhere.
- Should Have Adhered To The ReviewsZonk690VIPDined on 5/8/2014The reviews on this restaurant was on point. I was very disappointed with the attitude of the hostess and the lack of personality of the waitress. The ambiance was pleasant. The food was ok but I was more disappointed that the snapper was not on the menu as it was listed on Open Table. Would NOT recommend.Special Features:
- A Little DisappointingOU72Dined on 3/29/2014We have dined here a few times in the past & this time was the most disappointing. The menu was limited & there were no specials/fresh catches. Previously, an assortment of tapenades/butters & crudités were served with the rolls & bread sticks. This time just the bread/sticks & a sweetened butter. The spinach in the salad could have been fresher, the vinaigrette was wonderful. Lobster in cream sauce with angle hair....the sauce was fabulous but the piece of lobster was small & a tad over cooked. Presentation of pasta different & interesting. Our server said he had just gotten there & didn't seem to be a bit harried & in not sync. This a good place if you want to dine and carry on a conversation with your dining partner & not be rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hotel hallwayBufrportDined on 3/28/2014Very strange table arrangement. In a hallway in front of kitchen without a view. Food fairly good but we were not inspired to stay for dessert and coffee.
- ExperienceCustomerDined on 3/28/2014What a hugh disappointment! Service was slow and unattentive, had to ask for water, bread and dinner specials. Very limited menu, a far cry from the French Connection days. Will not go back and would never recomend!
- Big FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/27/2014My sandwich was much too big to eat as a sandwich. Why do restaurants do that? And the bread was dry and stale rather than toasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I really liked the decor andmulan14Dined on 3/22/2014I really liked the decor and the quiet dinning experience . I was looking forward to trying the eggplant ravioli but there was a change in the menu which was not updated on their website menu . The bread basket contained many options .Special Features:
- Valentines day let downEpicuriousEmilyDined on 2/15/2014We came for valentines day dinner, and what we got was a less than the amazing experience we expected from a $50/plate dinner. We ordered a bottle of champagne and the waiter "man-handled" the bottle, ripped the foil off, threw it on the table, and at one point aimed the ready-to-pop cork at us. The food was fine, not the best, and not what I expected for the price And reputation of the restaurant. My date ordered the fish and it was overlooked. The silver lining however was the desserts. There was a palate cleanser sorbetto that was phenomenal, and the desserts were to die for. They were the saving grace of the meal!Special Features:
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/19/2014great food, the dining area was quite with a soothing music in background; excellent food and great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night On The TownJackDined on 1/18/2014A great opportunity for a night on the town to celebrate a special occasion. The old style ambiance with select window side dinning overlooking Cleveland's Public Square , covered tables and attentive service in a romantic setting just adds to the celebration. Pricing is reasonable for the quality of food and service. The room was quiet with ample opportunity to take your time and enjoy each other's company without being rushed. Overall we were very pleased with the experience and would "book it" again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingKateDined on 12/25/2013Every year it gets a bit worse. I always have to work on Christmas Day so I can't dine until 4:30 p.m. Not much is open on Christmas Day in Cleveland. Sans Soucci is one option but they can't seem to handle the late afternoon crowd. Very slow service and some of the food was unedible (baked potato).Special Features:
- PleasantXmas013Dined on 12/25/2013This is our fourth or perhaps fifth Christmas visit. The food and service are always good and the total experience is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs workHexmanDined on 12/22/2013Has gone downhill past few years, but we love the views onto Public Square during the holidaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff from Mel's Diner?OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/14/2013While food and ambience were quite good. Our server acted as though she was serving in a diner. For example, she spilled quite a bit of my Ketel One on the table cloth without apology. When I asked her to be careful, she said, "you'll have plenty"......whatever that was supposed to mean! Overall the experience was good, but they need to have better wait staff.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our ThanksgivinglavernVIPDined on 11/28/2013We enjoyed our Thanksgiving dinner it was a enough selection for everyone. The food was good and the service. We would return love the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Thanksgiving DinnerIsabella17Dined on 11/28/2013We chose San Souci for our Thanksgiving Dinner. Unfortunately, we were disappointed. It took one hour for our first course to be served. The first two courses were fine (salad) but the entree was cold. Since we were so hungry, we ate it but brought much of it home. The dessert was a disappointment as well. Our waiter was pleasant and did indicate that there were some problems in the kitchen. It was obvious that something was off in food timing and preparation. This was our second time dining at San Souci for Thanksgiving....not sure if we will return for a Holiday Meal or recommend it to our friends. Our bill for three was almost $300, so you can understand our disappointment.Special Features:
- DisappointmentaimetcoVIPDined on 11/28/2013Normally would not provide a review if I was not pleased with food, service etc. However, very doubtful we will ever return, which is a shame, we have enjoyed our Thanksgiving at Sans Souci for years.
- A beautiful place for ThanksgivingFoziVIPDined on 11/28/2013Just spent our second U.S. Thanksgiving at San Souci. We're from Canada and our Thankgiving is in October. The food as last year was excellent and so was the atmosphere . My wife and I both had the traditional turkey and it was very good. Also, the value of the meal I found to be excellent. When in Cleveland make sure you try this restaurant for breakfast or dinner.Special Features:
- Thanksgiving DinnerPeteoDined on 11/28/2013My wife and I came here for thanksgiving dinner. Everything was great. We may be back next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out in Clevelandtuzzy22Dined on 11/23/2013My husband and I had reservations to stay at the Renaissance Hotel Saturday night for the Pink concert. Even though living in Medina we don't really get to go downtown a lot so we wanted to make it a special weekend. A friend from work recommended Sans Souci. At first I thought with all the newer restaurants downtown maybe we should try one of them but my husband wanted to try Sans Souci. I'm so glad he did!! We had an excellent time! The food was amazing and the service top notch!! It made our nite out in Cleveland complete!! We plan an doing this again real soon and we will be dining at Sans Souci again! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hmmmm, not what I expectedFrogmanDined on 11/2/2013We had Saturday eve reservation, so was surprised to see few people in the restaurant. The restaurant seemed very narrow. The waitress seemed a bit out of place, and not terribly professional. We said we all wanted different glasses of wine, but she handed only one of us a one page wine list. The dinner food was fine, but nothing seemed very interesting. I ordered a pasta dish - it said it would be served with an over easy egg, but I didn't see the egg?? .One person in our party enjoyed their salmon. one of our dines was disappointed about a lack of crispy crust on their fish. I was looking for a romantic spot with an interesting menu, but this wasn't it. I enjoyed the food at AMP 150 and L'Albatross significantly more.
- Excellent dinner!iheartfoodDined on 11/2/2013This was our second year dining at Sans Souci before attending the World Series of Wine. The pierogi appetizer is amazing and the ceasar salad was excellent. I like the addition of olives and sundried tomoatoes.Special Features:
- Eat before you goPickyEaterDined on 10/19/2013The food was really bad. Found a lemon seed on my crab cake. The lobster was really over-cooked. Should have guessed how bad it was when there was no one there at 7:00 on Sweetest Day.
- DisappointingDisappointmentDined on 10/9/2013We had dined at San Souci a couple of times before. This time was so disappointing! The food was mediocre. We had short ribs and snapper. The snapper was very fishy and the short ribs tasted like "yesterday's!" I will not go back and that's a shame since it had been one of our favorites for "special" dining!Special Features:
- Pretensions without PerformanceDesmtDined on 7/27/2013Sans Souci projects an abundance of excellence but fails to deliver. Food and service were ordinary at best and greatly exceeded by prices. You can equal or exceed the Sans Souci experience for way less money at a few dozen other downtown cafes.
- Not impressedAVx2Dined on 7/23/2013I was disappointed with this restaurant. Their website does not match the restaurant at all. I do not know how they can say they are a Mediterranean restaurant or French restaurant either. We had the Crab Cake which was actually good. It was light and had lots of crab meat. There was very little sauce though. I would have liked more. Our salads were dressed well and tasted good too. The Lobster Pasta was not good. I had 5 small pieces of over cooked lobster on top of a huge bowl of pasta. I did not like the sauce. The chocolate mousse was not good either. The plate had condensation on it like it was frozen and then set out for a long time. The chairs were old and ripped. My appetizer plate was coffee stained. The place needs a remodel.
- Good food, great service, & a viewLisaVIPDined on 7/5/2013We had an early dinner at San Souci, since we were staying at the hotel and going to a show later on. The staff was very accommodating: my companion is on a very restricted, medically supervised diet and they went out of their way to make her feel comfortable. The food was excellent, a small substitution was offered very graciously and the prices were more reasonable than I expected.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hope Life Support comes throughOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/1/2013Sans Souci needs help. It is one thing to schedule private dining, but it is something else for the place to be so empty it seems neglected. Most of our meal was spend with only one other party being served...from 6:30-7:30 on a Friday evening. The food was good--not tremendous, but still quite good. Elaine's service was attentive and friendly. The dining room looked like it had not been updated in several years. Did we enjoy our meal? Yes. Do we look to rush back? Can't say that we do. Sad that this spot in downtown is struggling to survive. There are so many good Cleveland restaurants, there is little reason to come to Sans Souci.
- Mother's DayFoodieVIPDined on 5/12/2013My wife and I order Pan fried COD and it came out overcooked. It was on a bed of tomatoes which were cold instead of breaded warm tomato slices, which would have kept the fish warm. This is one of our favorite restaurants and we will return, hopefully for a better meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's Day brunchBillRDined on 5/12/2013The Mother's Day brunch was fabulous. The food, service and atmosphere was great. We really enjoyed our day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs helpAratherpickypersonVIPDined on 5/6/2013This is the second time I've eaten there within a few months. The first time it was busy and I pushed off the medicore food on that. This time there were only 4 or 5 tables busy. My food was over cooked, lacked taste and the whipped potatoes came cold and lumpy. The ambience is good and the service was very good. This restaurante has been around for a long while. If it keeps serving food like I've now had on two occasions, I'm not sure how much longer it will be around with the many great restaurants in the area.
- Excellent meal and eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2013Excellent meal and evening with great views of Public Square.Special Features:
- Wonderful setting and attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/26/2013Wonderful setting and attentive wait service. Had dinner reservations for weeknight, only one other diner in restaurant at the time. Service was quick and she checked on us often, refilling water and asking us whether we needed additional items. The eggplant ravioli with mediterranean vegetables was quite good. The crab cakes were very tasty, mostly lump crab meat and light. We have enjoyed dinners here in the past. Definitely recommend to those who are staying overnight at the Renaissance Cleveland hotel.Special Features:
- My wife and I celebrated ourChrisNiemanDined on 3/16/2013My wife and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary with an overnight at the Renaissance Hotel. We ate dinner and breakfast at Sans Souci. We enjoyed both meals and will probably choose eat there again if we are staying at the hotel.Special Features:
- One great Resteraunt havingScottDined on 3/15/2013One great Resteraunt having both excellent food and atmosphere over looking the city. Service and staff were the best!Special Features:
- Everything was wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/3/2013Everything was wonderful! It was my first visit to Sans Souci and it was just great. The food was incredible, prepared perfectly and portion sizes were very reasonable. Wonderful wine list, and great service! Couldn't ask for more...Special Features:
- The service was great. SansLclevelandDined on 3/1/2013The service was great. Sans Souci is not the old Sans Souci. The decor is outdated and the food is very underwhelming. My steak looked as well as tasted like a cafeteria Salibsury steak. My boyfriend had a lamb chop that was cooked in a crock pot. Don't get me wrong, I love crock pots, but who wants a lamb chop that was slow cooked? Just because it is tender, does not make it have flavor. Disappointing :-(