840 W. Hamilton St
Allentown, PA 18101Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sangriaallentown.com/
- Phone: 6104323280
- Hours of Operation:
Friday 11am-11pm dinner, Bar open until 1 am
Saturday 4pm-11pm, Bar open until 1 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout
A word from Sangria
SANGRIA is located on the first floor of the Butz Corporate Center at 9th and Hamilton Streets in downtown Allentown. Meireles and architect Eric Butz have created an atmosphere that is sleek, elegant, and inviting – a truly unique dining experience. With the largest outdoor sidewalk patio in the Lehigh Valley, and tasty creations like Mediterranean Paella and Filet on a Stone, SANGRIA will become your favorite spot for great food, cocktails, and events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sangria reviews from OpenTable diners
- good service mediocre foodJem3632Dined on 7/12/2013My sister is a vegan so it's always hard to find restaurants where she can have choices besides a salad. I was very excited to see the vegan friendly menu at Sangria so I immediately made a reservation for lunch. We were a little surprised when we couldn't order any Sangria because the bar doesn't serve at lunch and while the menu was vegan friendly the flavor was quite bland. It was decently priced but I probably could have just made a better meal at home which was disappointing. I probably wouldn't go back... plus the jazz flute music that was playing was pretty off putting to me.
- Had a really great meal withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2013Had a really great meal with great people celebrating my new job!Special Features:
- The presentation was greatChefgeoDined on 3/2/2013The presentation was great While my wife dish was spot on, My Mahi-Mahi lack seasoning and the mango sauce also lack flavor, this dish wasn’t executed correctly. It seem too different cooks did our dishes. Also their fish mini tacos was very good,they should re-title their appetizer from mini-tacos to bite size tacos. Grateful for the way they handle it. I know every cook or chef has a bad day, so I will return and try them out again.Special Features:
- Glad to see with new managementKikiVIPDined on 3/1/2013Glad to see with new management things have improved!Special Features:
- Lovely time. Great food. FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Lovely time. Great food. Friendly service. Well worth the moneySpecial Features:
- Very good food. Would haveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013Very good food. Would have been overall 4 stars except i called to see if they had a Pre Fixed menu for Valentines day, and they said they didnt. However when i showed up, they did indeed have a pre fixed menu. Unfortunately, many of the normal menu items were not on the list. To Sangia's credit, the manager tried to accomodate us and allowed us to order off the regular menu. But, the manager told me since they were having a pre fixed menu, they did not order all of their usual ingredients for the weekend and they were out of chorizo for the paella and risotto for the scallops. It was kind of a bummer.Special Features:
- Great food and ambiance. OnlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/30/2013Great food and ambiance. Only problem is that they were short of servers so took a lot of time to wait tables. OTherwise a great experience Will definitely go again.
- WENT ON THE WRONG NIGHTOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/29/2013WENT ON A THEATER NIGHT WITH RESERVATIONS, BUT THEY WERE NOT STAFFED FOR THE LARGE AMOUNT OF BUSINESS RESULTING IN THE FOUR OF US LEAVING. WILL TRY AGAIN WHEN THEIR STAFFING MATCHES THEIR BUSINESS VOLUME. MENU LOOKS INTERESTING.Special Features:
- Hot StoneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/29/2013My girlfriends and I dined at Sangria before a concert at Symphony Hall. We made reservations and were seated right away. It was busy and the service was a bit slow and I was concerned about making it to the concert on time but we made it! I ordered the Filet on a Stone and it was out of this world delicious! You cook your own steak to your liking on a hot stone. I also had the Sangria Caprese, which was very nice as well. Overall, an inviting atmosphere, very reasonably priced, delicious food, and and enjoyable experience. The girls and I will be going back very soon!Special Features:
- Worst restaurant in town !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013The worst dinning I ever had. Service is worse than bad. Everyone in the place was very unpleased. I will never go there again and will advise no one else to go. We finally let after being promised service for an hour. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!!!
- First and last timeMarjeffDined on 1/26/2013One of our worst dining experiences. Waited 15 minutes without a server coming to our table. We ended up flagging down an obviously stressed waiter who did not introduce himself. When he took our drink order he asked if we wanted to order at the same time. We took this as a hint so we did. My wedge salad only had enough dressing for half of it to be eaten. Our entrees arrived almost 2 hours later. My husband ordered the filet mignon on stone. The cut of meat served was NOT a filet. My "diver" scallops were ordinary sea scallops. Needless to say we did not stay for dessert. The waiter's explanation was the head chef got called away to the sister restaurant and the kitchen could not keep up. We were one of many unhappy diners that evening.
- Food was good and wait staffNurse30308Dined on 1/26/2013Food was good and wait staff personable. Unfortunately the staff seemed overwhelmed so food was a bit delayed.Special Features:
- Incompetent Owner Killed This PlacOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013The owner gave up on this place and has left it to an overworked, understaffed crew. The existing staff did the best they could given NO help. I'm surprised they even stuck around to work, given they were the only ones who cared. The "Poor" rating is solely a reflection on the incompetent ownership.Special Features:
- great dinner out!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/19/2013food was delicious and they were EXTREMELY accommodating regarding food sensitivities (gluten & dairy). the staff were outstanding & the overall feel of the restaurant was relaxed, not too formal. a great date night spot or fun dinner w/friends. have already recommended it! :)Special Features:
- Weeknights are SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/17/2013Our fourth visit to Sangria, the food has never disappointed. This time we went on a weekday, and their were only a few tables taken, and no one at the bar. For that reason, it is somewhat understandable that they did not have the entree my wife ordered, and mentioned they didn't have one or more of the appetizers as well. I imagine weekend nights are busy, but I hope this place can survive on weekend business.Special Features:
- Don't go here if hungryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013No one is running this restaurant. Some of the cooks walk out, no help in the kitchen, no overseers to make sure things running smoothly. We sat down at 6:30 and got half of what we ordered by 9:30. They were constantly running out of food, rolls, etc. We didn't leave only b/c it became so funny like a SNL skit. However, our group will never be returning, but no worry this place will probably be out of business in the near future!
- We were disappointed in bothOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013We were disappointed in both the service and the food. We had an early reservation. When we arrived, there were only 4 other tables in use. The food took a very long time. The salmon and flank steak were both overcooked. The service was very slow and we had to ask for things a few times. It seemed like they were understaffed.
- BAD ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/5/2013When we arrived, it took about 5 minutes to be greated by the host to seat us. Once seated, we ordered drinks which were delivered promptly with some bread. A few minutes later, the waiter took our dinner order. About 30 minutes later he came by to see if we needed anything, and apologized for the wait. 15 minutes later, we asked for our check for the drinks. We had been waiting for at least 45 minutes for our meal! The waiter apologized for the wait & told us we were the 5th table to do that tonight. We never got to try the food, so I can't comment on it, but the customer service is really lacking there. I won't be going back.
- We went there on what, hopefully,MAS518Dined on 1/5/2013We went there on what, hopefully, was an off night. We were seated at 7:20 and left by 9:20 not having received our proper meals. It was early on a Saturday night and the kitchen was already out of Tuna, Salmon and a number of other main stays of their menu. The service was incredibly slow and the many excuses made by the staff did little to make us feel better. Things got so bad that the table next to us, 8 of them, were treated to a free round of drinks. We do not drink so that was obviously not an option. When the meal was finally served, my wife's Filet on a stone was very tasty but her side dishes were ice cold. My hangar steak platter was returned. They did not charge us for what litle we ate and we will give it another try.Special Features:
- food was prefect...deliciouskathyDined on 12/31/2012food was prefect...delicious and just enough!!...waiter was great!! we will definitely go back!!!Special Features:
- Fantastic Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/26/2012An excellent post-Christmas dinner. They even stayed open just for us -- in a snow storm -- because we reserved through open table.Special Features:
- Service was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/14/2012Service was great and the atmosphere was very cool and swanky. It comes down to the food. For me it was just ok. I wasn't gushing over it to my friends.Special Features:
- Sitting in a booth, lookingKikiVIPDined on 12/8/2012Sitting in a booth, looking out to the street, you could almost imagine being in Manhattan!Special Features:
- The fish that I ordered wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2012The fish that I ordered was chewy. Rice in the dish was good but too much salt. The table next to us ordered something that came out of a flaming pig, the server had some problem with it but overall she did ok. I didn't like that she cut it for you like mommy. I wanted to go someplace different. I won't be coming back. Just was NOT impressed at all. It looked like all the staff hated their job and was just going threw the motions.
- Good food. Terrible service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/3/2012Food was food but service was terrible. We had to wait 50 min for our food. On one occasion we had to go look for our waiter cause she was no where to be found.Special Features:
- Long Wait for FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/3/2012While the food was good, we had to wait over one hour between our appetizer and entree. Waitress was very nice and tried to be accommodating but we almost left due to the time it took to receive our food. Host and hostess never came by the table to apologize or even talk to us. They would just walk by. We saw other people just leave because of this wait. By the time we received our entree, we had very little in eating and left over most of our entrees. We were excited to go to this restaurant but I am fairly sure we won't return the next time we are in Allentown.
- I was completely disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2012I was completely disappointed with this restaurant. The service was the only thing that was good because the server actually was honest to us about how policies were in the restaurant. We were celebrating two 25 birthdays and they had told me over the phone no problem to bring in cakes. They did not mention to me ANYTHING about a cake cutting fee. Once that was discussed, we asked if we could just cut the cake and the manager wouldnt even give us plates. I have been in this industry for over 8 years and never have I been treated like this, The manager was rude, the staff was rude, besides our fun bubbly waiter. My food was cold but I chose not to say anything.Its sad because your sister restaurant in Easton (Valenca), is amazing.
- Terrible service. ReservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/28/2012Terrible service. Reservations were at 8. We didn't get drinks until 830 and 2 out of the 4 drinks were missing. The 2 missing drinks were delivered 15 minutes later at 845. Asked for bread three times when our salad and apps weren't out by 920. Complained to owner who brought salad and apps out at 945. Apps were small portioned and salad order was incorrect. Our dinner order hadn't even been placed. We left at 10 after finishing salad and apps. Didn't even stay for dinner. Horrible first time experience.
- This was my first time visiting.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012This was my first time visiting. The food was very good. It wasn't that many people in the restaurant however it took awhile for the food to come out. Other than that the experience was good and I would come back.Special Features:
- Loved the food at Sangria!laurenb703Dined on 9/10/2012Loved the food at Sangria! The crusted chicken stuffed with goat cheese was one of the best meals I have ever had. My boyfriend and I went for restaurant week and everything was excellent. Also loved the drinks as well. I will definitely be returning!Special Features:
- We decided to dine insideOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/1/2012We decided to dine inside because it was a bit warm outside and the outside entertainer had his volume set loud. While crowded outside, it was not very crowded inside. We were sat toward the back and near a wedding reception in the back room. Actually, the music from the wedding was great; they emcee playing games, etc., was annoying! Cococut Chicken Curry Soup - could have used a little heat. Also, the pieces of meat were dry tasting. The broth, notwithstanding my sesire for some heat (spice), was excellent. Tuna - wife loved it (not the one you cook on the stone). Hanger Steak - cooked perfectly. BUT, I am wondering if it was cooked on the same grill as fish. There was an annoying fishiness to the steak. Oops. No more spaSpecial Features:
- Bravo Sangria!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2012We had an outside table for 2 on a beautiful evening, ordered the Calamari appetizer which was lightly breaded and served with two sauces, the House Sangria was a generous mix of wine & fruit and the Paella for dinner which was very generous in its portion of shellfish, lobster, sausage and rice. I'd highly recommend The "Sangria Restaurant" to anyone. Not cheap but worth every penny, with tip my tab came to around $90.00 Thought i'd have a problem finding parking on a Friday evening but it was close, free and easy to find per the Sangria website.Special Features:
- Will keep coming backOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/21/2012Our 4th time there, both the food and service will keep us coming back. I wish the restaurant all the best.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2012Excellent find! The goat cheese stuffed chicken breast was superb! Thank you Brandon and Marina for the perfect evening!Special Features:
- Best food I've had in a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012Best food I've had in a very long time!!!! -Paula E. GalanteSpecial Features:
- Sangria to drink or eatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/10/2012A great plave to eat,view the activity on the streets of Allentown,and share time with friends. The new menu is fine for fish dishes but needs more creative thinking on the meat side. The location is great and the staff do their best.A selection of lamb dishes or unique duck or even grilled beef would round out the menu.Special Features:
- It was a great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012It was a great restaurant and I def would go back !Special Features:
- Excellent food, friendly andMarnaDined on 8/3/2012Excellent food, friendly and efficient service, serene and sophisticated decor, a gem in downtown Allentown. Definitely on our list for many return visits!Special Features:
- Nice outdoor dining rightOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/27/2012Nice outdoor dining right across from dancing fountains in front of the PPL building in the downtown Allentown. My husband loved his steak wrap, my wrap was rather mediocre. But their Sangrias are fantastic (they'd better be, right?!)Special Features:
- We went to Sangria to enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/14/2012We went to Sangria to enjoy a night out with friends. The waiter sat us outside which was our choice. There were only a few tables that had people seated at them so we were very skeptical but we thought hey we are here let's try it. When the waiter came over to take our order, he informed us there was no lobster or clams tonight which was an essential part of their menu. However, we still decided stay then we ordered drinks and were told there were no olives for our martinis that was the last straw because if they didn't have something as simple as an olive then what else are they missing. We at that pointt decided to leave. Looking back, we should have realized that there were issues because out of my 20 tables outside only 2 were full.