4110 E. 82nd Street
Indianapolis, IN 46250Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sangioveseristorante.com/
- Phone: 317-596-0731
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Marco Tullio Garcia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Sangiovese Ristorante offer's catering for off-site venue's. Please contact Chris at (317) 596-0731 to create a menu for your catering needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Sangiovese Ristorante has semi-private dining availability for groups from 10 people to 75 people. Please contact us for further questions.
- Private Party Contact: Chris 3175960731
- Entertainment: Live Jazz in the Bar/Lounge Tuesday, Wednesday & Saturday 6:30-9:30pm, Thursday 7-10pm and Friday 7-11pm.
A word from Sangiovese Ristorante
Welcome to Sangiovese Ristorante where "the art of fine dining" begins.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Sangiovese Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Sangiovese Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (13)great for outdoor dining (12)romantic (12)neighborhood gem (10)scenic view (8)notable wine list (7)fit for foodies (6)vibrant bar scene (5)good for groups (5)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Marvelous...PrestonDined on 6/15/2014Love this place! I have never failed to have a wonderful meal, fabulous wine, and attentive service. It seems as if everyone who is involved with this restaurant loves what they do, and it certainly shows...Special Features:
- eat1VIPDined on 6/14/2014Look forward to visiting the new Sangiovese when you are reopened.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable meal and view!DickDined on 6/14/2014Our meals were absolutely deliciously Italian! We were fortunate to eat there Saturday, for the restaurant was closing on Sunday and moving to a new location in the fall. We will miss them!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicedinner4uDined on 6/14/2014We have dined at this restaurant several times. We have always had great service and the food has been excellent. This night was no different. We love this restaurant for special events for the family or a nice night out for just the two of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodVisitorFromIndyVIPDined on 6/13/2014We have been to Sangiovese several times and wanted to make a last visit before their move. As in the past, the food was excellent and the service was attentive. Noise level was a bit high. We are looking forward to visiting Sangiovese at their new location in Ironworks.
- Great dinner!Tgjg49Dined on 6/11/2014We had a great dining experience at Sangiovese on a week night before they move locations. As always the food was superb from the veal piccata to the traditional Italian spaghetti dishes. The wine list is always a hit along with the mixed drinks. We love the music in the bar too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014It was not a good night. The food was tasty but cold and lacked sauce both on the Veal Marsala and there wasn't any sauce on the pasta. Another couple had the Chicken Marsala and they had the same problem.Special Features:
- Nice eveningGerardDined on 6/5/2014Celebrated our anniversary dining on the outdoor patio. Excellent service with very good food.Special Features:
- Great specials and saladsDinewfamilyDined on 6/1/2014We got several of the specials of the day which were excellent. Also great salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodbradentonVIPDined on 5/31/2014Been here many times and it is always a great place to dine. We were updated that they would be relocating due to cost. The new location won't be far but I am concerned that they may not have outdoor dining with a view.Special Features:
- OutstandingJamieGDined on 5/31/2014A wonderful experience for outdoor dining on a Saturday night. The food, staff and service raised the bar, they asked if we would like to have our table relocated out of the direct sunlight. My compliments to the entire team. You are now on our regulars list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually betterComfortFoodieDined on 5/25/2014We can almost always count on a good meal here. However, last night was not our best experience at Sangiovese. Had some bad drinks served (first order good, second round didn't taste right. Sent back second drinks but replacements were just as bad). Outdoor chairs could use cushions as they are uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 487 reviews are from the Sangiovese Ristorante reviews archive.
- Great RestaurantSusanDined on 5/18/2014Great restaurant with great food, outdoor dining with best scenic view in the city.Special Features:
- Good valueEaglefoodDined on 5/17/2014Love the food and it was much more reasonable than the place we usually go to for Italian Bar service was a little slow and it was very dark in the back room We will request a table in the front room next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceSavannahIndianaDined on 5/16/2014We were a party of 8, including a 4-year-old and two vegetarians, so a fairly challenging group! Our server was prompt, thorough, friendly and helpful. The food was great and the selection was wonderful - including gluten-free pasta (yeah, I forgot to mention we had one of those too!). Everyone came away happy with the food and the experience. A little noisy, but it is always hard to converse across and 8-top table, isn't it? Will return first chance I get.Special Features:
- Good food and servicechuck2463Dined on 5/16/2014Good food and great service. It was too cold to eat outside but when weather is better if you can .Special Features:
- Truly fabulousDiningJenVIPDined on 5/16/2014From the top-quality food to the wonderful waiter (Aaron), to the round table that made conversation comfortable with our party of eight. Gracie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DJJJDined on 5/11/2014Always enjoy dinner here. Food is great service is greatSpecial Features:
- Special TimeIndyPettyManDined on 5/11/2014Sangiovese offers a truly wonderful dining experience. The atmosphere and service are second to none. The food is outstanding. I had the Chicken Parmesan. The chicken was a filleted breast cooked in such a manner that it was so tender you almost didn't need to chew it. The pasta was the perfect consistency for the dish as well. My mother had the Fillet Mignon and couldn't stop commenting how wonderfully tender it was and the taste was outstanding. The cost was very reasonable and well worth what was provided.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Italian?FemaleMDDined on 5/9/2014Good italien eats in lovely environment, not too crowded. Lovely music on weekend nights. Lovely outdoor dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still maintaining high standardsThumbsupthumbsdownVIPDined on 5/3/2014Took friends to dinner and continue to consider Sangiovese to be an excellent choice for almost anyone who wants an above-average, independently- owned Italian restaurant that offers not only high quality food and service that ought to be (but isn't) standard in the industry, and also off-street free parking, outdoor tables with a view worth seeing, and reservations. One area for improvement would be more entrees for vegetarians.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the best Indy Italian spotsLisaDined on 5/3/2014Authentic delicious cuisine every time. The wait staff are just as excellent every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian RestaurantSteveUDined on 5/3/2014Sangiovese is our favorite Italian restaurant on the north side. When we want good Italian food this is where we go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EscapeGood1Dined on 5/2/2014We really enjoyed everything. We plan to go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2014always love Sangiovese its the best restaurant in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Value & ServiceluvgoodfoodDined on 4/28/2014This isn't the first time we've had dinner here. The food is good, the service professional & knowledgeable, the ambiance romantic but upbeat. Live music, too, and an excellent wine list and bar selection. You will be happy you went! Oh...and both Andy and Brandon are excellent waiters, too!Special Features:
- Always a treatbradentonVIPDined on 4/12/2014Have dined here several time before. Always great food, service and atmosphere. The outdoor dining is open and it is wonderful for summer.Special Features:
- Excellent!FoodiecutieDined on 4/12/2014Me and my boyfriend went there before prom and it was excellent :) it wasn't too crowded, the lighting was romantic, and there was lovely piano playing. Our waiter was fantastic, very personable and on top of things. I don't think my glass ever got half full before another fresh one replaced it. The food was also amazing. The house bread was perfect, and our bruschetta and pastas were also delicious. Totally worth the price. Service was also quick and friendly. It's a little on the costly side, but coupons made it more affordable. You definitely get your money's worth. I recommend this as a great date night kind of place, but can also be appropriate for business meetings and gatherings for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014The filet Mignon is surprisingly good. Much better than the one found at most steak houses. Will definitely be back in the future to try out all the menu items, especially the pastas.Special Features:
- EnjoyableSuzyVIPDined on 4/5/2014We enjoyed the experience. Would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the best on north sidedeedeeDined on 4/3/2014Love this place! Food and service always excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Osso BucoArnieVIPDined on 3/29/2014My favorite is the Osso Buco. The Salmon is terrific as well. MUsic in the bar , nice to listen to as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Ristorante!HGHueyDined on 3/28/2014Small, quiet, romantic, super food, great service, full bar, live entertainment. When we want to celebrate something special we always choose Sangiovese Ristorante. The food is outstanding. The service is very attentive. You can have a quiet conversation and enjoy great food and wine. It can't be beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableRayCDined on 3/27/2014Sangiovese had an excellent menu well prepared. I had linguine with shellfish fra diavolo. We'll done without an excessive amount of pasta. I would have given it 5stars, but the wine list was limited. Service was terrific and the place has a nice ambience. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect date night restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/21/2014Atmosphere, music and quality food for that fun date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DiningddpoppeDined on 3/21/2014We had never dined at Sangiovese Ristorante before, but had purchased a coupon book from a neighborhood child that contained a coupon. After eating there, I can't believe we hadn't tried it before! The food was unbelievable, the service was excellent and our entire experience was great! We will be dining there again very soon! (My husband said the lasagna was the best he'd ever had, and he is very particular about his lasagna!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FindDisappointedVIPDined on 3/20/2014Was very happy to stumble upon this restaurant! The service was impeccable and the food outstanding! Definitely a neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- Nice staff and pleasant atmospheredawnVIPDined on 3/15/2014We were warmly greeted by the hostess who remembered my parents from a previous dinner there. Same with our waiter. Food was plentiful and nicely presented. Very good service and enjoyed the piano player.Special Features:
- Excellent service from theMercyDined on 3/15/2014Excellent service from the hostess who apologized that our table was not ready to the wait staff who were professional and friendly. My glass was never empty. The only negative thing was the lighting. It was very dark and having poor eyesight it was a little difficult to read the menu. I would suggest adding a bigger candle to the tables for more concentrated lighting:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Northside NightsTreefrog37Dined on 3/15/2014We attrended this reataurant during "Northside Nights". I usually skip Italian on these occasions, but WOW!. I experienced great flavor and fantastic service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.