315 Pacific Coast Hwy
Huntington Beach, CA 92648Neighborhood:
Huntington Beach / Seal Beach / Fountain Valley
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sandyshb.com/
- Phone: (714) 374-7273
- Hours of Operation:
BREAKFAST: 9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Saturday & Sunday
LUNCH: 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday; 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday & Sunday
DINNER: Tuesday - Thursday 4:30 p.m.- 9:00 p.m.
Friday & Saturday 4:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Sunday & Monday 4:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Californian
- Executive Chef: Mason Trapp
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Sandy's has several menus to accommodate your group of 12-250.
- Private Party Contact: Suzanne Larkin 7143185148x
A word from Sandy's
Sandy’s serves the best of southern California: a vibrant beachfront setting on the sand at the Huntington Beach Pier, huge outdoor patio, an inviting oceanfront dining room and delicious regionally inspired cuisine. The extensive dinner and lunch menus offer something for everyone from fresh seafood and steaks to appetizers, burgers, flatbreads and salads. With our original menu that is locally sourced whenever possible and vast selection of California wines and craft beers, Sandy’s celebrates all that is authentically Californian. California is served.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Sandy's reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (61)great for outdoor dining (51)great for lunch (38)good for groups (34)fit for foodies (29)neighborhood gem (28)special occasion (25)great for brunch (23)kid-friendly (21)hot spot (12)romantic (9)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (4)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Perfect EveningHoppyeaterDined on 2/24/2014We held a company dinner for six. Had requested outside but were told it had been booked for a large group. However, I noticed others were on the patio not part of any large group. We were seated by the restrooms. Not my favorite place to sit. The service was excellent and the food even better. We ordered appetizers and a variety of items off the menu. Everything was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait staff not up to level of foodPhilDotDined on 2/20/2014Had ribs--fantastic; had tomato, mushroom stack--fantastic, desserts--fantastic. We intend to return with friends for happy hour. But poorly-trained wait staff made our visit less than memorable.Special Features:
- Good, but not quite worth the pricesmalltownkidDined on 2/15/2014The food was good, but it certainly wasn't worth the four-star prices on the menu. The mixed seafood plate wasn't as good as the same one you can get at Red Lobster, but it was $12 more. It's a nice restaurant and would likely be one of the most popular in SoCal if the prices matched the quality.Special Features:
- Over priced and noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2014The noise level was almost unbearable and found myself almost shouting across our table to talk. The food was not worth even half the price. My dish was room temperature and had a bland side of steamed potatoes and green beans. I felt like I was at my grandma's house for dinner. Dessert choices were a joke. The whole menu might sound good at first but the cooking style and quality suffered in every way. I ended up having leftovers at home to satisfy my hunger. Go for a drink and the view but go elsewhere for food. Go to Duke's instead. Much, much, much better.Special Features:
- Outstanding afternoon at Sandy's...72of500VIPDined on 2/15/2014Enjoying great food, drinks and friends. We were there for lunch on a Saturday and had an awesome time. The food was very good and they have an enjoyable beer and cocktail selection. They have a nice emphasis on California beers which was fun. The ceviche and fish tacos were very good. Make reservations and use valet parking ($6 is a steal!) We can't wait to come backSpecial Features:
- Unforgettable experiencememday2014Dined on 2/14/2014We Had the best time. Unforgetable especially because I got proposed. Want to thank everyone at Sandys for the best time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Dinner at Sandy'sTrudyDined on 2/14/2014We didn't have a reservetion for Valentines Day...we made a reservation on Open Table and thought we'd give it a try... The food was great, and the service was prompt and friendly. This is a kid / family friendly atmosphere...a little on the loud side. We will definitely return...Special Features:
- Valentines DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I made reservations and they had an outside seat ready extremely quicklySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beach side diningHoosierVIPDined on 2/14/2014Staff attentive & food well seasoned. Great place to go after a day on the beach.Special Features:
- DisappointedDANANDJODined on 2/14/2014I booked Sandy's for Valentine's Day for my husband & myself. When we arrived, ( 7 min early), we were told we had to wait a few minutes, which was fine until 2 other couples came in and were seated by the window, on the patio with great views and NO reservations...meanwhile, we were left waiting and finally seated at a table for 4, in the middle of the room, facing the bright sun..I had asked for a table with a nice view in my on-line reservation, and the nicer tables were given to younger people, (who would probably spend way less than we would have...their loss. We went upstairs to Duke's (one of our favorite's) and were seated without reservations,, at a nice table with an ocean view, excellent wine, appetizer. food & awesome service.Special Features:
- Was greeted by the host ,veryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Was greeted by the host ,very pleasant young man ,,our waitress was great,she was checking on us to make sure everything was fine.which it was ,it was my daughter 18th birthday and they helped make it specialSpecial Features:
- Excellent View…..JojoDined on 2/8/2014Wonderful evening. Appetizers were awesome, tempura green beans, hot-spicy shrimp…fun evening and the views were lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but no way worth the priceGoPackersDined on 2/1/2014Good food (not great), excellent service, but ridiculously expense. For a family of 4, with one of the more inexpensive bottles of wine, the total came to $185 plus tip!!! There is absolutely no way this meal was worth this kind of money. I would never consider eating here again. The owners need to come back to reality. I've eaten far better dinners on the beach in Maui for less cost. Very few people in the restaurant on a Saturday night... I wonder why...
- Both food and service werediners91786Dined on 1/18/2014Both food and service were outstanding. Our waitress was very warm and welcoming, and extremely competent. Also, the fresh ahi sandwich was fantastic. I would recommend Sandy's to anyone and everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and foodhblocalDined on 1/15/2014Can't beat the view in Huntington Beach. The food was really good and the beer was great too. I would go back anytime with friends or family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the scallops!apenn1Dined on 1/13/2014Scallops on the app menu were amazing. Seasonal veggie salad also great. Service was great!Special Features:
- New Year surpiseMSURosesDined on 12/31/2013Looked for an early New Year's Eve Dinner. We picked this one out of a list online. Our meal was great. Enjoyed the beachfront view and ambiance of the place.Special Features:
- Delicious Food and Gluten Free MenuKimYDined on 12/31/2013The waitress was great. My daughter and I have food allergies. She listened, made suggestions and saw it through until the end. Would definitely go again and recommend. Delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There were 9 people in ourOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013There were 9 people in our group and everyone liked the food they got. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good lunchfatmanVIPDined on 12/30/2013this was a long lunch with friends. The food was good and the location excellent. The lunch menu and prices were more reasonable than our previous dinner experience when we found it rather pricy. Lunch was very good however and you can't beat the beach location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013We made reservations for 7 pm on Christmas Eve. Even though the restaurant closed at 7 we were not rushed and had a very relaxed and enjoyable time. The servers were very knowledgable about the menu and since it was the first time we had eaten there it definitely helped us choose our meals. The food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very fun and great view.kkf17Dined on 12/24/2013We always enjoy any visit to Sandy's. The manager and wait staff are very professional, and welcoming. Food is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pier ReviewlifeskillsDined on 12/22/2013We very much enjoyed the sunset and view of the pier. We celebrated a birthday and the food, wine and service added to the special occasion. We have been to Sandy's before and this time was even better, our server stayed with us as we started with wine and appetizers and moved to another table for dinner. High praise for this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedRandSDined on 12/17/2013We drove all the way from Santa Monica, so were really disappointed with the room. The food and wait staff were wonderful, but the restaurant is more suited to a casual beach meal. It's a shame because the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Hidden gemSurferandlibrarianVIPDined on 12/9/2013It's easy to miss Sandy's hidden under Duke's restaurant by the Huntington Beach pier, but it's worth the hunt! Went for dinner and had such an excellent meal that I brought friends back the following day for lunch. Wait staff was great. At lunch, with 6 diners, the waiter even offered to write up individual checks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its okJMcCraryDined on 12/4/2013The website painted a picture of an upscale place located right next to the pier. What you find is more of a casual dining experience, and a bit of a party vibe at the bar. If you are looking to catch up with some friends it is a great place, but if you are trying to have a business dinner this would nto be the place to go.Special Features:
- Just a great place to go eatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/11/2013Just a great place to go eat a meal for 2 or more. We'll be back there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, nice atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2013We came to sandys for my sisters birthday and we had a lovely evening. Our server was intelligent and attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative menuPBrendenDined on 10/22/2013Enjoyed the fig, pig and goat cheese flatbread and the boirsin cheese and dried beef flatbread. The seafood cocktail was really great. - by far our fave. Deep fried green beans were good.as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would Not RecommendDinSoCalDined on 10/15/2013The food is very average and the beverage list is marginal at best.Special Features:
- Good food, great viewOrlandoGuyVIPDined on 10/15/2013Food is not outstanding, but generally very a acceptable. Service is friendly, but not spectacular, overall: a fine ace to dine on the beach and a fantastic place to people watch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will come here again!BirthdayGirlDined on 10/13/2013First time at Sandy's to celebrate my Birthday. It was a great dining experience and we will definitely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family special occasion at Sandy's.BeachBevDined on 9/29/2013Sandy's is a nice restaurant at the beach to plan a special occasion. My family recently enjoyed a Sunday Anniversary lunch on the outside patio and had a great time. The staff was very friendly and attentive to our requests. I would love to go back to Sandy's again for a nice sunset dinner soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good TimesFoodLoverDined on 9/28/2013Sandy's has had a recent makeover, and I really liked the original. We gave it a try. It has a fresh look, that is still reminiscent of coastal California. The food was outstanding. Unique and delicious. The view is really hard to beat with the sunset over the ocean and the Huntington Beach pier in the foreground. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Beach FindJoanneHBDined on 9/27/2013Always a favorite, The menu is always varied and good. However do not frequent as often, as they have taken our most favorite things off the menu. Hope they return them to menu soon, as promised. Will check back fairly often to see…. and of course have a wonderful lunch or dinner. A great neighborhood restaurant with a terrific bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureLisaVIPDined on 9/25/2013In the middle of a busy business trip, it's always nice to take a little time to relax at Sandy's - look at the beach, watch the sunset, have a glass of wine. The food is great, the service is always friendly and it's really a great location. The fresh air, the nice view and a good meal are just what I need when the work gets hectic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good scenerywotm31182Dined on 9/1/2013great place to sit and enjoy the a view of the volleyball activities on the beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sun, surf and Sandy'sanniversarydinnerVIPDined on 9/1/2013LOVE IT!! The location is perfect. So much fun to watch people on the bike path, volleyball courts, beach, and pier. The staff was helpful without being too much. We enjoyed fresh and creative food choices in a comfortable atmosphere. One of my favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOCATION LOCATION LOCATIONOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2013Food is fine. Wouldn't eat here for food. The appetizer garlic green beans were the best. My seafood was OK. my husbands beer was served in an 8 oz brandy sniffer for price of full size beer. I would return for location. Wonderful walk on HB pier after dinner.Special Features:
- At the BeachMOCHAJANADined on 8/30/2013This is a great beach-side cafe. It's right on the sand at the Huntington Beach Pier with great views of volleyball games, beach- goers, and boardwalk traffic. There is seating inside or on an enclosed patio. It's a casual atmosphere with good food (tacos, hamburgers, salads, soup, etc.) and good service. Valet parking ($6) is easier than searching for metered spaces or using the parking structure across PCH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.